Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Starting Line (Open)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
PhantomSun

Poké : 3086

Starting Line (Open) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Starting Line (Open)   Starting Line (Open) - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 12:32 am

First topic message reminder :

Lumina was stationed in front of a forest, her same old perpetual frown on her face. This Mystery Dungeon seemed nice enough; it was bright and sunny, with green leaves and seemingly weak Pokemon inside. But the Vulpix knew better than to let down her guard, lest she end up fainting and making herself look like a fool.

The reason she came here, to Pecha Forest, was twofold. On one hand, she had always been interested in Mystery Dungeons. This seemed like as good a time as ever to get a chance to explore one. If there was one positive to her new home in Grassveil, it was that there was a pair of Mystery Dungeons right at her doorstep.

On the other hand, she just needed a break from the hustle and bustle of the town. She was already in a better mood, now that she had some room to breathe.

Lumina had decided to tackle the easier of the two Mystery Dungeons first; it just seemed logical to her. And so here she was, ready as ever to get the job done. The Fox Pokemon padded into the forest, her eyes narrowed as she silently scanned for any sign of trouble.

(Energy: 11/16)
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

Poké : 12294

PostSubject: Re: Starting Line (Open)   Starting Line (Open) - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 2:20 am

Varda nodded cheerfully, happy that he wasn't immediately shot down when he mentioned how much he would like it if they could explore together in the future as well! While one might have taken the other Pokémon's tone to mean that they actually weren't ever going to do it, the bird didn't seem to notice, just happily hopping along as they walked, hoping that they would have another chance later. Maybe they would bump into each other in Grassveil Town! Hopefully though, their next trip would be a bit more peaceful!

"Not at all, you can ask me anything," the Swablu already answered without hearing what it actually was that Lumina had wanted to ask, not even thinking that there might be a question he wouldn't – or shouldn't – answer. He didn't worry at all that he might have had to take his words back!
"Ooh," Varda cooed as the fox continued, pondering her question for a moment,
"I did just recently join the Guild, so I might now know much. And I haven't done an actual Guild job yet! But you can ask in case I can answer, just remember that I don't know all that much yet."
Back to top Go down
PhantomSun

PostSubject: Re: Starting Line (Open)   Starting Line (Open) - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 2:28 am

The vixen tried to think up a good question, though her mind was strangely blank. "Hmm... what's everyone like there? How do they act? The other teams, the Guildmaster, your team... what do you think of them?" Right now, she was trying to deduce if she would fit in with the rest of the guild, assuming she decided to join it. She wasn't sure if she would end up doing so yet, but she wanted to keep that door open.

She wasn't sure what else to ask Varda, honestly. He had just said so himself, he didn't know much about the guild. But he had been there before, so maybe he would understand the general atmosphere of the place. That was what Lumina was the most interested in at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Starting Line (Open)   Starting Line (Open) - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 2:49 am

"Everyone is pretty different!" Varda chirped his response, quite chipper as he got to answer some questions about the Guild and the Pokémon inside it,
"Some seem to always be busy and you don't get to talk to them much," he furrowed his brow a bit as he thought about it, not exactly able to have a connection with Pokémon that never seemed to be around. Or at least weren't around for long enough to actually talk without having to rush to their next mission!

"But I think everyone I have talked with has been really nice this far!" The Swablu was quickly back to just being cheerful, much rather dwelling on the happier thoughts of what he had instead of trying to get something he couldn't. But honestly, Varda wasn't a very good judge of character, never really understanding when he was being made fun of and laughed at. Who knew how often the little bird actually blissfully ignored any insults and thought others were just being nice, if a bit strange...

"The Guildmaster and my team, too! They all have been very helpful towards me," the little beady eyes looked towards Lumina, almost looking like they were sparkling,
"And I share a room with my team, yet I haven't really found anything to complain about. We got a pretty big room, too! I think it's one of the best parts because I stay there, it's comfortable."
Back to top Go down
PhantomSun

PostSubject: Re: Starting Line (Open)   Starting Line (Open) - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 2:57 am

The Vulpix nodded as he spoke, listening to what kinds of Pokémon you could find at the guild. It was good to hear that everyone was different, that meant that there had to be Pokémon like her at the guild, right? It was only logical. Lumina gave it a bit more thought. She liked to think of herself as responsible enough to handle the guild jobs, and since she went exploring anyways, joining the guild seemed like a more and more viable option.

It was nice to hear that the Guildmaster was apparently helpful, too. That would mean she might be alright with taking some time out of her day to explain about the guild, or at least, that was what Lumina would hope. "Alright... thank you, Varda. I was just curious, but that's good to know." The vixen added.
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Starting Line (Open)   Starting Line (Open) - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 3:11 am

"No problem! I hope it helped," Varda nodded, clearly so happy now that he was being helpful. At least he believed he was very helpful, being asked so many questions and thanked for his responses. It was a good feeling to have, making him just radiate positive energy and happiness.
"Maybe I could have said something more in detail if I had been in the Guild for a bit longer, though," the Swablu cooed as he continued, seeming to mostly just be thinking out loud than anything else.

"Are you thinking of joining the Guild, maybe?" The bird looked up at Lumina, tilting his head a bit. He had a big smile on his face, his eyes hopeful and just sparkling with anticipation and curiosity, so excited to have a new potential Guildmate that had been proven to be a really fun Pokémon to be around with!
Back to top Go down
PhantomSun

PostSubject: Re: Starting Line (Open)   Starting Line (Open) - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 3:18 am

"... maybe. I haven't quite decided yet." Lumina shrugged. She was already going into Mystery Dungeons, so it seemed like a great idea to join the guild and get rewarded for her efforts. Then again, she still barely knew anything about Grassveil's guild. She couldn't be hasty in making a decision that big. She knew that she needed to take things slowly, or else she could do something she'd regret. "I'd probably just be a solo team, if I do join. I've always explored on my own, you know?" She faintly smiled, looking down at her paws. "I would also need to make a new team, in that case, but I don't think that would be a problem."
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Starting Line (Open)   Starting Line (Open) - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 3:31 am

Varda nodded excitedly as Lumina did admit that she might have actually been thinking of joining the Guild, though she hadn't still decided. He did understand that, he had been invited rather suddenly himself and wasn't given all that much time to think, honestly. The decision had felt rather hard and he still didn't know if he had done the right thing, but this far everything was going smoothly. And Lance did always say that the Swablu could leave if he wanted to!

"I don't see an issue with that," the little blue bird chirped as it was a solo team the fox was thinking of, already having made it quite clear that she usually explored alone and apparently preferred it. It didn't matter too much to him, as he would be bound to see her at the Guild anyways, most likely more often than he normally would have!

"I'm not sure how it is to create a new team," Varda's voice took a wondering tone as he figured out he didn't actually know how a team was created, having joined one that already existed,
"At least joining a team was really easy! I didn't really have to do anything, the Guildmaster just wrote my name in a book and that was it."
Back to top Go down
PhantomSun

PostSubject: Re: Starting Line (Open)   Starting Line (Open) - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 3:37 am

The Fox Pokémon looked at Varda with slight puzzlement. "... huh. I would've thought there would be a bit more to it, honestly. Some paperwork or something to sign." Maybe the Guildmaster would take care of that? Lumina pondered on this for a moment. "Then again, I guess you did join an existing team in the first place."

With a small chuckle, the Vulpix looked over to the Swablu. "But if that's how it'll be for me, I think the hardest part of making a team is going to be coming up with a decent team name." She had never been the best at coming up with things, creatively speaking. Names were no exception.
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Starting Line (Open)   Starting Line (Open) - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 1:26 pm

Varda nodded in agreement, he had been worried that even signing up for an existing team would have been a lot more difficult than it had been, but Lance assured him it was not. And he had been right, once the fateful day came, there really was nothing more to it than meeting the Guildmaster! Of course, he didn't know what Lance had done to actually create the team in the first place...
"I didn't really think to ask what it takes to create a team," the bird cooed, never having really thought that it would come up!

"Oh, a name!" The Swablu chirped, flapping his wings in excitement. It certainly was an interesting part of making a team, surely! Many had experienced the bird's poor naming sense however, and his suggestions rarely took off.
"You could name it after yourself," Varda offered as he looked at Lumina with a smile, his steps springy,
"Or maybe... After grass or trees!" he added as his eyes scanned their surroundings, pointing out the first things he saw around them. Not much thought was going into it as the Pokémon just picked things randomly.
"Or the sun!"
Back to top Go down
PhantomSun

PostSubject: Re: Starting Line (Open)   Starting Line (Open) - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 5:07 pm

"Or maybe after the stars...?" Lumina added, half to herself. She wasn't sure why she was trying to think up a name before even being sure that she would sign up for the guild, but she didn't see the harm in it. Besides, she liked to plan ahead. "Though Team Stars or Team Starlight just sounds... kind of girly. There's not enough power behind it." That was the best way she could put it.

She mentally scrolled through the list of things Varda had suggested. It would be a little ironic to name her team after grass or trees, since the only Pokemon in it was a fire type. Naming it after herself might have worked, but how would she go about doing that? Could she call herself Team Lumina? Team Vulpix? ... Team Ninetales? The Vulpix didn't think that any of those names sounded all too great.

The sun, on the other hand, that would fit her alright. She was a fire type, and most Pokemon seemed to affiliate the sun with light and fire. "I like the idea of naming my team after the sun, too." She murmured, nodding to herself. If only she was a little more creative, this would've been worlds easier.
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Starting Line (Open)   Starting Line (Open) - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 6:43 pm

Varda couldn't help but nod excitedly, the stars were rather pretty and majestic too, making for a rather interesting name! It could fit a team perfectly, though Lumina wasn't all too happy with the ones related to stars she could come up with. She wanted more power behind it.
"Hmm," the bird thought hard about it, closing his eyes for a moment. He hadn't really ever thought if stars were strong or weak, so it was hard to come up with something that sounded more powerful...

"The sun is very good!" The Swablu's thought process was interrupted when the fox Pokémon said she liked the idea of naming a team after the sun,
"It's big and warm and bright! Very pleasant," he added, happy that they both seemed to like the same thing. Or at least in Varda's eyes, naming a team after what you liked rather than what sounded good was the way to proceed. Had he named a team... Well, it probably would have been named after whatever berry he had eaten and enjoyed a moment earlier.

"What do you like the most about the sun?" The bird asked, glancing at Lumina before he seemed to realize something,
"Oh, comets are strong stars, aren't they?"
Back to top Go down
PhantomSun

PostSubject: Re: Starting Line (Open)   Starting Line (Open) - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 8:12 pm

"Are they?" Lumina paused, considering this, though she looked a little puzzled. That was something she hadn't known. In that case, Team Comet might've been a decent name. She shelved the idea in the back of her mind, deciding to use it if she couldn't think up anything else. It wouldn't have been a bad name, either.

"As for what I like about the sun..." The vixen continued, "... I guess the fact that it gives us life. It can be a powerful force of nature, causing droughts and drying up lakes, but it also gives us light. Where would we be if it was eternally night?" Pleased with that answer, Lumina went back to brainstorming.
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Starting Line (Open)   Starting Line (Open) - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 10:28 pm

"I don't know!" Varda chirped awfully cheerfully, his own lack of knowledge and ignorance seemingly not bothering him one bit. What did he actually know about the objects in the sky? Not much else than how they looked and perhaps some of the more obvious effects they had to the world, but that was about it.
"But they look like stars! They're on the sky and they're bright, but they're smaller than the sun and the moon," he nodded, finding his own reasoning to be rather solid. In his mind, at least.

"I think I like the day more than the night. It's easier to see and warmer," the Swablu pondered, not really knowing the answer to Lumina's question. How would an eternal night affect them all? He had no idea. He did like the night sometimes, but it was a bit easier to get around during the day!
"What kind of words connected to the sun are nice?"
Back to top Go down
PhantomSun

PostSubject: Re: Starting Line (Open)   Starting Line (Open) - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 4:07 am

The most obvious words connected to the sun sprung forth into Lumina's mind. Heat, warm, light, day. She wasn't sure if she was happy with any of those names, either. She gave it a little more thought, trying to find a more complex word that was connected to the brightest star in the sky. "Let's see... Sol, ray, eclipse, morning, solstice..." She murmured, the gears in her head spinning.
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Starting Line (Open)   Starting Line (Open) - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 1:18 pm

Varda cooed in amazement, not having expected to hear such difficult and fancy words. His own thoughts of the sun were quite a bit more simple, but Lumina had proven to be smart already. And in his eyes... More or less all of those words could make for a great, elegant team name, even if just on their own! Nothing seemed to make the fox jump in joy, however...

"And I was thinking of things like... Fire," the bird chirped and let out a soft laugh, understanding that he was kind of in a different league here, pointing out the simple and the obvious. But what Lumina did say sounded quite pretty!
"Maybe you could even use two words to make it sound extra special and unique! Like... Foxfire!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting Line (Open)   Starting Line (Open) - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Starting Line (Open)
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next