Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Finally at the top

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
aMEWzing

Poké : 2445

Finally at the top - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Finally at the top   Finally at the top - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 1:25 am

First topic message reminder :

They finally had made it.... After traveling at what seemed to be days on end, the two had finally achieved their goal. They both found a Joy Ribbon, and had reached the peak. The moonlight casted on the top of the mountain, a full moon, that was directly aligned with the tunnel of the Black Spiral Staircase. They had fought their way through to make it to the top, and it was a beautiful sight. Pokemon were scattered across the mountaintop, for this was their home. They were all friendly and smiled upon the sight of newcomers. It was pretty strange to see Pokemon of species they had just battled in the tunnels smiling at them and greeting them. It was like a house less village with a pitch black sky, all except for the moon. It seemed as if it would stay night here forever. The earth curved in the distance, and Sosio could see everything. Distant mountains were covered with snow, a deep abyss under them beside the tall mountain. Forests clouded with fog because it was so hard to see through the clouds that floated this high. This place was so wonderful, the Fletchling wanted to stay a while.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: Finally at the top   Finally at the top - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 3:29 am

Sosio, curious of Ares' hostility toward the nice pokemon that saved them, she was smiled upon with a change in attitude upon seeing her wellness and was asked a rather relevant question.
"How am I? I'm great! Gee, and it's all thanks to this pokemon right here!"
Sosio watched the ghost's expressionless look as she stared at the cured pokemon a bit, and vanished through the wall. Sosio continued to smile despite this action and turned back to the Charmander.
"What happened while I was gone, and what now?"

A bit later, Misdreavus returned, holding a strange object in her mindly grip. It was a map, old and wrinkled, like it had traveled its own land several times, crossing rivers and seared by the burning sun. She folded it and presented it to them.
"Here is a map. It will find you the most efficient way out of here. Leave or stay, it's your choice, but if I were you, it would be to leave. The moon festival will begin soon, and I don't know how he would feel about it."

Sosio glanced at the two of them, watching Misdreavus begin to drift away, and stared intently at Ares as if the decision was entirely up to him.
"I've been gone the whole time," Sosio laughed. "I think this is really up to you."
Back to top Go down
ares

ares

Poké : 19413

PostSubject: Re: Finally at the top   Finally at the top - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 1:07 am

A curt nod was given, his eyes shining with determination and relief. As long as Sosio was safe and in sane mind, he would muster his strength to once more travel. He was spiteful of the fact that she was so willing to turn her gracious disposition upon the Misdreavous and not upon him, but how was she to know that his effort - and sacrifice - had gone so far to hasten and facilitate her recovery? At the end of it all, he was but a mere pawn for a lazy witch: she had mentioned that Ghost-types could manage to touch stones without suffering from its effects, and had sent someone susceptible out anyways? Ares could not handle such flawed logic. There was a bite to his tone as he addressed her, as if he were attempting to hold back nasty comments about their savior, "Good. I'm glad to hear that you are alright."

His shoulder and thoracic cavity ebbed with stiff, disjointed pain as he awkwardly pushed himself to his feet, his eyes becoming dull and less appealing to look at as he did his best to conceal his discomfort. The Charmander was simply put off by the fact that there had been no mention of his contributions, and was thus made all the more pleased at the fact that they could leave. As it became apparent that the Misdreavous had left, Ares would turn his reptilian gaze upon the Fletchling and allow a hushed tone to grace his words. "Sosio," he would begin, attempting to get her attention, "we have to-"

The drake's words were cut off by the reappearance of their hostess, who promptly presented them a map and a hasty "get out of here or else" warning. Ares was all for opposition, but he disliked this place immensely - particularly their immaculate rescuer. He threw the hand up that was attached to his intact arm in disdain, snarling, "Fine. I'm done with these freaks. I don't give two diddly-squats about your 'Moon Festival' - I'm all for leaving." He would slide off the table, his feet landing awkwardly upon the ground as he promptly excused himself from the Misdreavous's cavern. Say goodbye? That was reserved solely for appreciated folks, not lazy Pokemon.
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: Finally at the top   Finally at the top - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 12:00 am

Sosio was as chipper as ever, being in a stranger's house with an injured friend after becoming ill from a mere rock. She hopped around Ares, who was glad everything turned out okay.
"Yeah. It's a good thing everything is awesome! You, this pokemon... EVERYTHING!"

She hopped like an anxious little bird, but a smile on her face as it widened, her eyes closed and curved upwards. The Charmander got up, still a little stiff and slow with his injuries and all. He began to explain what they had to do, when the Misdreavus returned and simply recommended the best possible "escape route." Sosio knew enough about Ares: that he was often cranky, unwelcoming, and a little rude. Sosio didn't care if someone was a criminal; she treated everyone with utmost respect. She desired dignity and trust, and what a better thing to do than be affable and kind? She didn't quite understand why the Charmander was the opposite, but she knew that was why the Misdreavus brought the map. In a way, the ghost was like herself. Caring and helpful, but in her own mysterious way. Just as Sosio expected from her acquaintance, he shot rude comments after hearing the pokemon's helpful advice. Strangely enough, the pokemon just hovered there as if he didn't say anything at all. If Sosio were in that situation, she'd feel like crying.
"Thanks for everything! You really outdone yourself, helping total strangers like us. I'll return someday, mind the rocks, and visit you or something! Friend!"
Realizing Ares had already left, her soul seemed to pull her in his direction, dreadfully dreaming her being abandoned by him.
"Well, I guess this is goodbye..."
She turned and left, looking back to find the pokemon gone. Peculiar, they are, but if she ever traveled with Ares again, it probably wouldn't be here.
Back to top Go down
ares

ares

PostSubject: Re: Finally at the top   Finally at the top - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 4:59 pm

As Ares trudged forward, he would allow his lizard-like hand to grip tightly onto his shoulder. Though the wound had stopped seeping a crimson stream of life liquid from it, there still lingered a sort of tender fragility to it that caused its clotted mass to rupture with the slightest disturbance. He did his best to not disturb it too greatly, but already the open laceration began to allow its protest to be displayed: his clawed fingers' pads were swiftly moistened by a thin coating of sticky blood. If there was one thing he knew, however, it was that it was best to prevent an injury upon one's dermis from further grievances or becoming too dirty. He would apply pressure to the location, wincing as he did so. The sooner he was off and literally licking his wounds, the better: there was something about this peak that rubbed him the wrong way.

As he began to march on, he would realize that Sosio had not left as swiftly as he had. His feet would drag and eventually stop altogether, to which his skull would cast a nonchalant look over his shoulder in search of his companion. There was a sense of expectancy, a sense of urgency, that seemed to occupy his mind. Couldn't she just join him so that they might leave or explore elsewhere?
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: Finally at the top   Finally at the top - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 1:11 am

Sosio watched and realized Ares was bleeding.
It's like this pokemon... causes violence in the impossible...
he looked like he was in a lot of pain, and began tending to his wounds. Sosio respectively looked away. Soiso had a strange feeling. It was in the left side of her chest, strong enough to wince at. It was a pain, but not a mental one. It wasn't anything out of the ordinary. It mostly felt like heartburn, but its occurrence was at a strange time. Maybe it was just a side effect from the potion. She then suddenly realized she hadn't eaten anything but that concoction.

She flitted up to his lead so she would not bother him, for her lesser speed seemed to irritate him.
Wait until you see my speed when I'm a Talonflame. Then who'll be falling behind?
Suddenly she realized the silence. The town, even, usually has a comforting soft murmur, but now it was almost completely silent except for the wind's howl. Everything was calm, even the usually-angry Ares. Sosio noticed that pokemon were quietly gathering in the town square just by the peak.
What is with these pokemon and their gatherings?
Hoping not to break the silence, she let her self trot along the side of her friend. The ritual began to intrigue her. They set about candles in a triangle of three, a circle of candles surrounding it. It was like a Sci-Fi fantasy here. She didn't know whether to stay or go, but she didn't want to lose track of Ares.
Back to top Go down
ares

ares

PostSubject: Re: Finally at the top   Finally at the top - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 6:45 pm

As Sosio flitted towards him, he would immediately begin to walk at an even pace once more. There was an aura to this place that made him feel quite uncomfortable, quite unsafe: a haunted sensation that belonged solely within the realms in which poltergeists and ghouls lurked. The very thought of something devious and evil remaining just out of sight caused a surge unwelcome anticipation to pulsate through his veins, and made him squeeze down tightly upon his injury. Though the wound had ceased to bubble and ooze like it had prior, the applied pressure made it gurgle unhappily like a blocked off geyser. He would occasionally risk lifting his hand so that he might investigate his wound before promptly holding onto it once more, more so out of mere uncertainty and awkward fidgeting than meticulous grooming.

Suddenly, it appeared that the Fletchling had trailed behind him. He would stop and wait for her, a rather plain expression upon his face as he waited for her to catch up. If any irritation existed towards her - of which there was not - it was simply out of the fact that he would not receive credit for humoring a lazy, ungrateful spirit and saving her from eternal lunacy. Silence had blossomed between them as they walked on, and Ares could not help but feel like such quietness deserved to be pierced. 

"Sosio," he would say, startled by the volume in which his voice had, "you need to know that the Misdreavous who rectified your mind was not as pleasant as it appeared." There was a strange connotation in which he addressed the witch, for noticeably such a pronoun was reserved for creatures of little importance or that were feral in mind and spirit.
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: Finally at the top   Finally at the top - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 8:56 pm

The two continued to walk, Sosio noticing Ares walk alongside her after his impatient wait. He seemed very uncomfortable with his gash which he had received from their adventure here. Sosio by now had nearly forgotten why she had come here in the first place. She began to stroke her ribbon, realizing how none of the pokemon up here seemed to care about it, yet just a floor down, every single pokemon would kill for it.

She hopped up to him and watched him, still curious about the festival or summoning or whatever it was. The moon, a beautiful glowing spirit, shined down and illuminated the ground around them, providing whatever mysterious light it had. Shadows from the caves and houses cast darkness about, the shadows stretching at Luna's descent. Sosio wondered if the moon, perhaps, was a pokemon or was controlled by one.

Sosio listened with surprise as Ares not only offended the ghost's kind help, but addressed her as if she were inferior.
She helped us! Might I have died if she hadn't? It was her choice to help, and she did... I don't want to talk...
She leered at him at a glance and continued to watch the pokemon. Anything to look away from the Charmander. Now the pokemon were dancing around the candles, little ones pointing to the casted shadows excitedly. She noticed a Misdreavus approach the center of the triangle, which Sosio assumed was Misdreavus.
I don't believe this Charmander... you were nice to help us.
Good.
To Sosio's surprise, she received a mental response from the ghost.
You may watch if you want, so long as that buffoon doesn't criticize or notice you doing so.

She wandered along with him, still watching the event. Misdreavus turned away from Sosio, smiling a bit, and began to speak. She floated down to the ground in the form of a bow.
"Great Ghost! If you can hear our call..."
She began chanting and ranting in a strange sort of language that spoke for itself. This Great Ghost must represent the moon, which was actually very cool. Some beliefs were really intriguing, and who knows how many others know about this ritual. It made Sosio want to write a book, and deliver messages to pokemon up here and make more friends.
Gotta work on that shop...
Back to top Go down
ares

ares

PostSubject: Re: Finally at the top   Finally at the top - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 9:53 pm

As he spoke, it became apparent that his Fletchling companion was taken aback by how he addressed the witch as he would a feral Pokemon. Was it offensive to demean an individual who had assisted with the rapid recovery of Sosio? Perhaps, but such grievances inflicted upon him by that ghost's vaporous hands could not be ignored nor forgotten. As far as he was considered, he had only complied and allowed himself to be belittled and demeaned for the sole purpose of getting assistance. If it had been under any other circumstance, he would have blasted the succubus off the mountainside with a well aimed, powerful Dragon Pulse - Luck had smiled and showered generosity and favor upon her that day.

Ares would press the point, allowing his hand to lift up from his shoulder so that he might display his injury and soiled hand. "Do you see this?" he would inquire, shifting his body so that the injury could be displayed, "It's something I got because that witch was too lazy to go and grab that stone herself. She insulted me by calling me names, and rubbed salt in the wound when she couldn't even think outside of the box and acknowledge that I might be intelligent." A clawed index finger would extend forth from his moving hand, directing the bird's attention towards it. He spoke sternly, as if he were a teacher attempting to enlighten a particularly stubborn student, "This is something that I inflicted upon myself to help you; it was the only way I could think of to remain temporarily impervious to the effects of these rocks is to be in pain. She said she was immune to it simply because she was a Ghost-type, so why didn't she get it herself?"

"Sosio!"

His eyes would narrow slightly as it became apparent she was not focusing upon him, but something beyond him. A fury bubbled up inside his stomach, yet was squelched quickly as he attempted to remain as steadfast and patient as he possibly could. He could care little about what was happening in the distance - what mattered was leaving.
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: Finally at the top   Finally at the top - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 12:40 am

Sosio listened partially to Ares' words, but here mind was clearly elsewhere. She then whipped around and said suddenly,
"Have you ever thought of anybody else's feelings but your own? Have you ever viewed from another perspective? She first met you snarling and threatening when she was doing everything she could to help. She probably lost it at one point because you... you... you're just you. I'm not saying you should change who you are, but it sure would be nice if you did. What ever happened to you that made you this unfair?"

Her burst of anger came as a surprise to her, so she just looked away, almost at the edge of tears. She continued to watch, hoping to ignore Ares if he had anything mean to say about her. She doubted he would ever forgive her and just get over it. Meanwhile, Misdreavus hovered back up as the skies darkened and swirled, like a forming of a tornado. Sosio's eyes widened as a huge shadow spread from the clouds to the ground in front of the gatherers, Misdreavus touching the candle on the apex of the triangle. The candle's flame turned black, then extinguished as a massive figure rose from the shadows. It towered over, a black shadow with extended wings and blood-red eyes. The skies seemed to tremble, and Sosio's heart raced. It had the presence of fear. It was like no other, and Sosio mindfully doubted if it was a pokemon, it was so huge, just a silhouette.

The thing roared and began to speak in the deepest, most thretening voice she had ever heard, but all the pokemon stayed calm.
"TELL ME, MISDREAVUS. WHY HAVE YOU SUMMONED ME?"
"It's the moon festival, master. It is the time to speak.
"I SEE... UPDATE ME WITH YOUR ACHIEVEMENTS."
"The evolution festival went great. The most pokemon that have ever evolved.
"GOOD, GOOD... NOW, MISDREAVUS. TELL ME WHY. WHO TOOK FROM OUR BEAUTIFUL MOUNTAIN?"
"Wh-what?"
"OUR PRECIOUS ROCKS THIS MOUNTAIN IS MADE OF. YOU KNOW I HATE IT WHEN SOME IS STOLEN. ANOTHER 'SCIENTIST?'
"No master... just some... passersby. They're long gone by now, so don't worry.
"GOOD, BECAUSE YOU KNOW WHAT I WOULD'VE DONE IF THAT POKEMON WERE STILL HERE... OR IF THAT POKEMON WERE TO LIVE HERE...
"Well, you see..."
"WAIT A SECOND. YOU'VE BEEN MAKING POTIONS AGAIN, HAVEN'T YOU?"
"Well, yes, but..."
"I SEE... THE POKEMON ARE STILL HERE."
The mysterious figure said the last sentence briskly and matter-of-factly and then began to wonder over to where Sosio and Ares were.
"Wait! No!"
"WHAT IS IT?"
"I... I was the one who told them to..."
There was a pause.
"YOU KNOW THE WAY THINGS ARE, AND THE WAY THINGS HAVE TO BE. YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO TAKE THE PENALTY, MISDREAVUS."
"I... I know, master..."

Misdreavus looked at Sosio with pleading eyes. She did this for them. She couldn't get the rock because she would've been killed, and she sent them away so they wouldn't have been. After that last look, the shadow took her and sucked her into the vortex, never to return. The skies returned to normal, the shadow gone at the end of the meet. The pokemon gathered there stood for a moment, then bowed their heads with grief and mourn for the stolen soul. Sosio stood, gaping, hardly being able to take that all in.
"She... she did it for us..."
Back to top Go down
ares

ares

PostSubject: Re: Finally at the top   Finally at the top - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 6:46 am

For a moment, it appeared that Ares was a living incarnation of some fell beast that remained locked away within the depths of the earth. He was absolutely flabergasted: his tail burned brightly and passioately - the first time since his injury and their rather peculiar journey here - and his eyes narrowed with murderous intent. The corners of his upper lip twitched upward in a sinister mannerism as he bared his protruding cuspids, and his clawed fingers curled as they greedily anticipated slicing through feathers and flesh. Where had the bird that he had just shared a wondrous journey with gone? This was not the Sosio that he had come to know; this imposter merely inhabited her body! The Sosio he knew would have been loyal, understanding, and attempt to listen to his side of the argument before shooting him down with displeasure. Surely someone who he had become close with and even partly envied could not be so blunt and crude towards him. It was simply out of the consistent nature of their conversations, the disposition of their relationship. Her claims were undeniably misguided and biased against him, and as such left him smoldering with unfathomable rage. Had they not just climbed this mountain and been united under the name "Team Joy Ribbon"?

It was becoming apparent that if he did not play by this bird's rules or by how she interpretted their reality, he might as well forbid their friendship. Her way or the highway? The highway was beginning to look quite favorable! With such thoughts racing through his head that might have sparked a riotous rage and mentality over him, there came the positives of their relationship. His search for iron had yielded much more valuable treasures, such as a Joy Ribbon and, most importantly, friendship. She had joined up alongside of him for uncertain reasons, but had ensured that he remained safe when he had taken a powerful strike. His mind favored a more tarnished vision of their friendship, and thus he would allow his nose to twitch as a reptilian growl rippled through his vocal chords. He was set upon finding a reason to dislike someone, and it had just presented itself like a delightfully wrapped gift.

For several moments, it appeared like Ares was ready to strike this pitiful pigeon back into her rightful place. He was evidently weighing his option on how much he would have enjoyed smashing into her and how patient he could be. This dilemma would eventually resolve itself as he passive aggressively shouldered his way past her, allowing his good side to smack into her feathered body with as much spite as he could possibly muster. He left before the shadow behemoth could ascend and trap the witch back into whatever hellfire she had originated from, and simply continued walking. Sure, he heard the commotion - for who could ignore the only thing that occupied the ambiance? - but did not hesitate or slow when it began to unfold. Sosio's verbalized observation would fall upon deaf ears as he moved forward, never looking back.
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: Finally at the top   Finally at the top - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 9:00 pm

"They took her! They took her! They took her away!"
She ran with her wings stretched in the air like a crazed chicken.
"We should've left... I should have listened... it's all my fault!!!"
She tripped up into the air and landed on her face, running over and slamming her face on one of the thorny trees.
"It's all my fault... it's all my fault..." she cried, her blood and tears streaming across her face and meshing.

She sat there for a while, then got up all dreary-headed.
"No. She was killed because I stayed. If I stay any longer, others might die..."
She walked, head lowered, upset with herself more than anything.
"I'm so stupid... she killed herself for us..."
She felt so mad at herself. She had just killed someone, and yelled at her friend. Her fears controlled her and lead her to the edge of the mountain. She sat there, her blood on her face blending well with her reddish feathers. She stared off the edge, exhausted and spacey.
"I'm lost... I have nothing I can do..."

Her own life was as hard as it was. She didn't know what had gotten into her. She must have been annoyed with Ares enough to yell at him like that. She felt terrible, and so she sat there, imagining her death, with no one around to care if she was gone.
Back to top Go down
ares

ares

PostSubject: Re: Finally at the top   Finally at the top - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 6:47 am

Sosio had begun to freak out. Admittedly, Ares had grown concerned - worried, even - that whatever had startled her or started the commotion with the witch had turned its sights upon her, but at this point he cared little. He had been emotionally tried and worn out, leaving him with very little patience for the situation. His supposed companion and dear friend had lashed out at him and sided with some stranger that she barely knew just because he spoke ill truths about her. For someone they had barely just met and knew next to nothing about (not even a name!), this Ghost-type had apparently left a great impression upon the little bird. As the sound of her lamenting and languishing came to his ears, his feet would become heavy and cease to be lifted. His tail's flame, which was small and pitiful in appearance, flickered quietly upon the appendage's tip as it reflected over over the presented options.

For a moment, it seemed like he might turn back and attempt to console his friend, but a hardened heart swiftly forced a cold shoulder to be delivered instead. Before him lay the entrance to the tunnel and his ticket off this rocky terrain, and he eagerly found himself willingly to take it. His lungs filled sharply with air in a jerky inhale prior to him penetrating the abyssal darkness. He was taking a step forward, progressing into the unknown with a sense of rugged ingenuity. Though his friend had wronged him - and greatly so in his opinion - he was willing to leave such encounters behind him and hope for a better tomorrow. The sound of his feet staggering about upon the hardened surface resounded throughout the tunnel's entrance as he progressed through it, and soon it would fade into nothingness as it consumed him entirely. The dim, flickering light of his flame would send the world upon the peak into that ominous darkness once more as he concluded this chapter.

Their paths would cross again, and hopefully under better circumstances.
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: Finally at the top   Finally at the top - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 5:13 pm

Sosio, knowing not what to do, she wished gravely that Ares had seen what Misdreavus had done for them. She felt a normal presence gone, a presence she had felt throughout this entire journey. Ares must have left, and now the fletchling was surrounded with strangers without her common protection from a friend. She felt alone, completely, stuck in the death of her constant happiness. When she would revive, she did not know, but it was best to leave, and soon.

She jumped off from the side of the cliff she was standing on and glided and flutted down, fading into the mists of the sky where the mountaintop lay. Her final thoughts repeated in her mid like a broken record, over and over and over.
It's all my fault... It's all my fault... It's all my fault...

Thus, their long journey came to a close, and they both hoped for a better day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally at the top   Finally at the top - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally at the top
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3