Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Bumping through each other.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dediles

Dediles

Poké : 4120

Bumping through each other.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Bumping through each other.    Bumping through each other.  - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 11:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hmmmm. hm. humm. Sorren was standing in the entrance hall of the guild. he was debating what to do. There weren't that many good jobs to be taken right now, and The dojo was closed today for some reason.

Sorren was pacing back and forth, not really looking at anything other then the floor. He didn't want to spend his day being lazy, but he didn't seem to think of much to do. Sorren really hated when that happened. He sighed, if he had arms he might pick up a book or something, but he didn't want to get distracted from his goal of getting stronger.
Back to top Go down
http://dediles.deviantart.com/

AuthorMessage
Savato

Savato

Poké : 380

PostSubject: Re: Bumping through each other.    Bumping through each other.  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 11:46 pm

"Huh, an interesting pursuit you are making there, and a honorable one indeed. But you should make sure, that you take enough time for yourself. Not doing so might lead to problems. As for me, I guess my dream isn't really anything extraordinary. Simply to find and to keep happiness. That is everything I am asking for."
In a way, Chie felt sorry for the Fire type. It was "the best thing he could do with his life". Did he really have this little he held dear? This little he valued? While fighting for a better future was by no means bad, it really sounded, as if Sorren was basing his entire life on this one thing.
How...disheartening.
Back to top Go down
Dediles

Dediles

PostSubject: Re: Bumping through each other.    Bumping through each other.  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 12:23 am

"The thing is, I live to fight. I live to grow stronger. That's all there is to me. That's all I've made out of my life. There was only a very brief time in my Life when I was anything else. Taking time for me, would just mean more of the same. In the same way rayquaza doesn't play with blocks, I just don't work like other pokemon." Sorren said.

He was now just sad. He always lived to move forward. The greatest joy he could find was doing so with others. He missed books, but he also missed his mother. Some things just have to be given up. It's the way of the world.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Bumping through each other.    Bumping through each other.  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 12:48 am

"How would you know that? Another wise Pokémon once said: "When I grew up, I stopped caring for childish things. Those included to fear being viewed as childish and the desire to be all grown up." I think that is very true. Maybe Rayquaza really does play with blocks. It's fun after all. Please tell me, why do you wish to grow stronger? Strength without a purpose is no strength at all."
So Sorren really had nothing else in his life.
An almost motherly feeling welled up deep inside the Duskull.
Somehow she felt, that she had to take care of the Fire type before his hotheadedness would cause him too much harm.
Back to top Go down
Dediles

Dediles

PostSubject: Re: Bumping through each other.    Bumping through each other.  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 3:58 am

"You would hear a similar story if you asked any other guild member, but my parents were killed when i was young. My mother cried out for help, but i ran away. I didn't have the strength to save her. I turned my back on my father who wanted to teach me how to fight. I was too scared too. Now I hope to get strong, In order to be there when others really need me, and be able to save those people." Sorren said, looking down.

He had said it a thousand times but it never made it any easier. Sometimes he could hide it, sometimes it really wasn't that big a deal. But It always hurt a little to think about that past. Sorren's parents were amazing. Didn't even hesitate when he didn't want to learn how to fight, pushed him to face his fears, but were always there for him. His mother always had a smile on her face when she saw him.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Bumping through each other.    Bumping through each other.  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 7:14 pm

"Wow, that...", Chie stuttered, not really knowing, how to respond to this.
"I...I did not expect that. Sorry for making you talk about this."
The Duskull had definitely not expected something like that. She herself had seen so many of her aquaintances die already, but she had had much more time than Sorren to cope with it all.
Leading a long life can be a curse.
Why did Pokémon have to die?
Often the Ghost type had asked herself this question.
Back to top Go down
Dediles

Dediles

PostSubject: Re: Bumping through each other.    Bumping through each other.  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 8:37 pm

"It's alright, I've made my peace with their deaths. If I've learned anything at this guild it's that tragedy inspires. Pokemon who have had wrong done to them want nothing more than to protect others from the same pain. I don't want to sound like all the other pokemon here, but I really do want to make a difference. However unlike most of the pokemon here, I'm taking it a bit more slowly. I'm going to get the strength to protect others. I'm going to be the strongest out there, so that no one can hurt those around me. That's who I want to be. Oh I'm sorry I rambled on about that." Sorren said.

He Didn't know why he always got that way when he talked about his dreams. The air in the hall grew still. Sorren thought of his parents. he thought of the courage that Shara inspired in him. He had an idea, but it was crazy. He faced the Duskull, and the one glowing red eye told him something. He felt like something was pushing him forward, so he spoke.

"Why don't you join an exploration team? We go amazing places, and we help pokemon in need. It isn't a bad life. For some reason I just think that you would be a good guild member."
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Bumping through each other.    Bumping through each other.  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 9:05 pm

"Oh, don't worry. I do not mind hearing your story at a-WHAT?!"
The Duskull was so surprised by the Torchic's outrageous suggestion, that she was knocked back a few feet, even doing a backflip in the process.
"You...I...you want to do what? But we have just met!"
How could Sorren get such an idea? But...Chie remembered something...in almost each and every book she had read, the protagonist is made a similar offer out of the blue. And then they had the time of their lives. Maybe...maybe she could become just like her heroes.
Hesitantly the Duskull extended a shadowy hand.
"I...I accept.", she murmured, more to herself than to her new partner.
"Thank you for your kindness."
Back to top Go down
Dediles

Dediles

PostSubject: Re: Bumping through each other.    Bumping through each other.  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 9:13 pm

It was sorren's turn to be shocked

"WHAT?! So soon? I thought you would at least take some time to consider it. I mean you should ask your friend hear about their lives, get an insight as to what you are getting into." he said.

Sorren did not expect that. especially not from this Duskull of all pokemon. He just ran around in panic, got his beak stuck in the wall, screamed a lot, and The duskull was trusting him like that? Weird. Sorren didn't know what to do.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Bumping through each other.    Bumping through each other.  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 9:21 pm

"Huh? So you don't want to form a team now? I have read more than enough on the guild and any possible obstacles one may or may not encounter."
What was wrong with the Torchic?
First he said, that he wanted her to join his team, now he discouraged her from doing so.
Well, not often did the protagonitst of her stories understand each other right away.
Maybe this was something like that and they would become the best of friends later on.
Back to top Go down
Dediles

Dediles

PostSubject: Re: Bumping through each other.    Bumping through each other.  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 9:47 pm

"I never asked you to join my team! I just thought you might consider joining an exploration team is all. Though I am looking for a partner, that's besides the point. I just think you should carefully think over a decision before jumping in like that, what kind of books are you reading?" Sorren said, miffed and a bit confused.

What was Chia's deal? Sorren was baffled by the ghost, then again he never seemed to understand william, maybe it just came with the territory. He still didn't want to get someone involved in something that might be over their head without careful consideration.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Bumping through each other.    Bumping through each other.  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 9:56 pm

"Oh, then it appears, that I have misunderstood you.", Chie said, carefully trying to hide both the disappointment and the relief in her voice.
"And I do have read a wide variety of books. Every kind of literature I have read. I once was a librarian, you know? I doubt many would be able to name a book I have not yet read."
So Sorren did not want her to join his team after all. Should the Duskull be happy or sad?
On the one hand, she might just have been saved from making a terrible mistake. On the other hand that could have been the most interesting time of her quasi-life.
She could have been just like the heroes in those stories!
Back to top Go down
Dediles

Dediles

PostSubject: Re: Bumping through each other.    Bumping through each other.  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 10:11 pm

"Look It's not like I wouldn't be thrilled with you as a member of my team, I just don't want you rushing into things before understanding them. How about this, we can go and do a mission together. We can get to know each other and see what you think once you know what it's like." Sorren said.

He thought this was a reasonable solution. Though this situation had completely come out of the blue sorren was kind of happy to see someone interested in joining his team. It would be nice to have a ghost around. It would help with toughening him up about his fear issues. Maybe Chia could even read to him. no, that would just be weird.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Bumping through each other.    Bumping through each other.  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 10:22 pm

"Hm, using the scientific approach does make sense, I think. But which mission could one choose, that might cover all possible dangers we might be faced with? While I can assure you, that my reading has bestowed upon me the neccessary skills, feel free to choose a task for the two of us to embark on."
So now he wanted to form a team, but then again he was unsure.
But why? What made him think, that Chie would not be able to do this?
Argh! As much as this was like all those books, it also was quite grating.
Back to top Go down
Dediles

Dediles

PostSubject: Re: Bumping through each other.    Bumping through each other.  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 10:31 pm

"There isn't any mission that could cover everything. There are a lot of dangers out there, that's just something you will need to accept, I just want you to know at least a bit of what you are getting yourself into. I chose this life knowing any day I might get injured, lose a limb, or even die. while i don't know what can happen to a ghost i still need you to be sure if you join my team." Sorren said.

It almost felt like explaining something to a kid, a well educated kid, but still. Sorren wanted to make sure that Chia's heart was in the right place. he wanted to make sure that she could change her life to something that could be very much dangerous. He may have suggested it, but he would have thought that the Duskull contained some common sense.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Bumping through each other.    Bumping through each other.  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 10:42 pm

"Everyone dies. Everything will eventually fade. That is a natural thing and I have come to understand it. I know, that this world is dangerous. I also am aware, that my life may end on such a journey. But I have been living happily, so it is not something I am afraid of. I am fully aware of the things I might be facing."
Sorren was really getting annoying. Hadn't she just explained, that she knew, that no mission would cover all possibilities? How often would she have to tell him the exact same thing until he would finally grasp the truth of her words? It was painfully obvious - Sorren was painfully oblivious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bumping through each other.    Bumping through each other.  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bumping through each other.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next