Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.

Go down 
+10
Vulpes
Headphone Actor
Shadowscyther
Jikumo
Suds
Crytic
Pikashock
Solilo
Kat
Savato
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 49  Next
AuthorMessage
Savato

Savato

Poké : 380

Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 43 Empty
PostSubject: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 43 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 8:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

It has come to my attention, that this forum had been lacking a thread for the game Werewolf, also known as Mafia up to now. Thus, I've decided to launch one of them.

Werewolf Rules:

At the beginning of a round of Werewolf, all participating players will be assigned a role, which will be determined randomly. Most players will be Villager roles, while there will be a small number of Werewolves and other roles as well, depending on the size of the game.

There are two alternating phases, a Day phase and a Night phase.
The game starts in a Day phase. In this phase, all players can communicate freely with one another. All players can vote for a player to lynch or to perform no lynch for the day.
Should a previously set amount of time (usually 2-3 days) have passed, the player, who has recieved the most votes, will be lynched and thus removed from the game. Their role will be revealed for all to see. Should a player recieve the absolute majority of votes before the time is over, the day ends immediately with that player lynched.
A lynched player can not participate in the current round anymore, including talking.

As the Day phase ends, the Night phase begins. In it, talking is not allowed.
The Werewolves use PMs to talk to each other and agree on a player to kill.
This target will then be PMed to the host of the game by one of them.
Other roles with abilities, that can be used during the night PM the host, which player they want to target, if they want to do so at all.
After the host has recieved targets from all roles capable of targeting or a previously set amount of time has passed (usually 1-2 days), the Night phase ends, and all dead players will be revealed, including their roles. As the night ends, another Day phase begins.

This cycle continues, until either the Villagers or the Werewolves have achieved their victory condition.

You are not allowed to talk about the game outside of this thread!
Quoting, Fakequoting and using screenshots are not allowed!

The Roles:

Villager: The Villager is the most common role. Villagers only know their own role in the beginning. They have no powers aside from the right to vote for a player to lynch in the Day phase. They are aligned with the Town Faction and thus win, should all Werewolves die.

Werewolf: The Werewolves are the antagonists of the game. While there are few of them, every Werewolf will recieve the names of the other Werewolves per PM at the beginning of a round. Not only can they vote for a player to lynch in the day phase, but they can agree on a player to kill in the Night phase as well. They are allowed to communicate between themselves using PMs. They are aligned with the Anti-Town Faction and win, should they outnumber the Town Faction.

Alpha Wolf: Functions exactly like a normal Werewolf, but shows up as a Villager, should it be investigated by the Seer.

Doctor: The Doctor is a Villager with a special ability. There will only be one Doctor in a round. The Doctor can vote on a target to lynch in the Day phase. In the Night phase, it can PM the host a player to protect. Should that player be the target for the Werewolves to kill that night, the kill will fail. The Doctor can protect itself. Since it is aligned with the Town Faction, it wins, should all Werewolves die.

Seer: The Seer is a Villager with a special ability. There will only be one Seer in a round. The Seer can vote on a target to lynch in the Day phase. In the Night phase, it can PM the host a player to investigate. As the next Day phase begins, the Seer will be told the role of the investigated player with a PM. Since it is aligned with the Town Faction, it wins, should all Werewolves die.

Vigligante: Can choose a player to kill every night, but doesn't have to. Wins with the Town Faction.

Serial Killer: Can choose a player to kill every night, but doesn't have to. Wins, should everyone else be dead.

Lovers: Always at least two players. Should one of them die, the other one commits suicide. All Lovers know of the innocence of their loved ones. They can talk with each other per PM. They win with the Town Faction.

Jester: Wins, should it be lynched. Loses, should it survive or die for another reason than being lynched.

Other Roles: While many other possibilities for roles exist, I'll keep it simple at first and only use these roles. Should I add another one for a later round, I'll explain it.

Voting: Every player has exactly one vote for each Day phase.
To vote, please use the following format:

Vote: Playername

If you would like to withdraw your vote, use the following format:

Unvote: Playername

You can cast your vote onto another player, should you withdraw your first vote.

Should there be a two-way tie, the lynched player will be determined randomly.
Should one of the tieing parties be No Lynch, the Lynch will happen.
Should there be a three-or-more-way-tie, no lynch will happen.

I will now wait for participants. Should we get enough participants, I will start the round and send out the role PMs.

Should there be any questions, feel free to ask me!

Current Players:

-Savato
-Pichupichuuu

Hosting order:

-Suds, Madness of Intellect

-MexterInfinite, Winner of the Vietnam War

Last edited by Savato on Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:56 pm; edited 109 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Sakura

Sakura

Poké : 780

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 43 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 12:36 am

Actually what makes the Commuter different from a self-doctor, is the fact he "leaves" every other night, or if you prefer, once per game. That means he cannot be targeted by anything at night-Seer, Doctor and of course the Mafia. He is kinda like a roleblocker, a passive one though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 43 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 12:42 am

He has no strategic value, though; I can't see either side being able to think smart with this skill. Unless the player is allowed to choose when to commute, I don't see it actually making much difference to the game beyond annoying the hell out of both sides (assuming that commuters can be on either side).
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 43 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 11:09 pm

Gueeeeesss what? I'M LATE ヾ(*・ω・)ノ
This is what I get for putting some date down

But anyways, Signups are closed and everyone will receive a PM from me, and also in another 24 hours this game will start. Good Luck! (\(O3O)/)
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 43 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 1:22 am

(*Ahem* Late as always, but better late then never! Let us begin!)

The leader of a small town of vampires was bored, the Vampires of Valdtopia, in fact. Waiting for something, exciting to happen tended to bring nothing, when suddenly a breathless messenger named Sakura brought up a message from their rival town which seemed to be written in sloppy handwriting, like someone was trying to write quickly.

To the Leader of Valdtopia, or whom may certain;
Despite our somewhat of a shaky rivalry, I must discuss an urgent matter.
Werewolves have invaded our small town, and they are killing us one by one.
We wish to forget our troubles for this bigger threat and for you to help us out.
-Pikashock, the bartender in place for our mayor.

Interested, the leader waved up trustworthy five members of his town,

Savato- The General of the Military
CrimsonViper- The Day Guard
MonkeySage- The Lorekeeper
Antonm1107- The Weapon Smith
Goldenfox5- The 'Hunter'

To go and evacuate the group and fight the werewolves (expecting a high fee from the town later), giving them a gun with the entire silver bullet stock (Six Bullets), and were instructed to go out only during the night, and to rest in the daytime. They nodded and left.

All seemed well at first, they had made good time and were about to go and rest when suddenly the messenger, gasped and wheezed behind them, streaked in blood, before passing out. The group quickly put her in a spare tent, and read the message still crumpled in her hand.

Tric... ...ided invasion .....
Werewolf am..... you...
F..nd ...wo..f

Alarmed, they figured out enough of the partially ruined message, their eyes coldening, not knowing who to trust. Finally, they went to check on Sakura, when they found her dead, a silver bullet to the heart, yet obviously showed no signs of being a werewolf. Someone cursed, Silver didn't just kill Werewolves, it killed Vampires as well, giving the imposter a weapon to use against each other. Deciding to fight against the Werewolves, they would kill one person before the sun rose, using the remaining Silver Bullets after they moved to another place, starting now.

Sakura the Messenger has been killed. The "Night Phase" has begun. The "Night Phase" will end in 48 hours. Good Luck.

(There are 2 Villagers, 1 Doctor, 1 Werewolf, and 1 Serial Killer in this round)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 43 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 3:22 pm

So... Lorekeeper huh? I'm just an old man around 4 young whippersnappers! Each with combat experience... hope a kerfuffle don't break out because I only know how wield one weapon.. a book
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 43 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 7:05 pm

A Werewolf and a SK? This seems a bit biased against the town, but we'll just have to make the best out of it I guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 43 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 9:59 pm

Shhhhhh! It's nighttime. We can't talk.
*Claps hand over mouth and widens eyes*
*Speaks in small voice*
Oh no... I talked... Eeeek!
*Screams and runs away* lol xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 43 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 11:05 pm

It's a Vampire round, which means Night time for us is day time for them. See where im going?

We can't speak in the daytime
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 43 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:04 am

A sudden voice sounds in the heavens

"You are correct, the Nighttime is the Daytime for the Vampires."

Another voice sounds.

"You do not question the keeper's motives Savato kekekeke"
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 43 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:56 pm

*An even louder voice sounds back:*

Yes, one does if one is the owner of the thread!

Also...I am the General. Either the town is my military and I should know them all, or my army is Arceus-knows-where. Can't I just get my army and kill 'em all?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 43 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 5:26 pm

Also can werewolf and vampire blood mix? And lemme say a Werepire sounds pretty darn cool if ya ask me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 43 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 8:53 pm

Being day guard.... does that mean I am up during the day
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 43 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 1:38 am

I'm just going to say that we can't risk killing a villager now. Tomorrow, at least two people will be dead - probably closer to three, if we lynch somebody - and there will only be three or two players left. In addition, if we abstain from lynching, it's almost certain that two of our number will die, and completely certain that at least one will.
Should we take a risk and hope that we kill a wolf/serial killer, or take another risk and let them take some of our own (to gather some data, of course)?
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 43 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 2:39 am

Due to reasons, the "Night Phase" will last another 24 Hours

Hunt!

And Sav: The Army is kinda dead. So your title is being replaced.

YOU ARE NOW THE GENERAL OF THE DIRT

And Crimson: That is usually your job, but I guess if it's a habit you may do that ^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 43 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 4:34 am

Whoa... Alright, so day and night are flipped around. I get it.
Also, Monkeysage, to answer you question; According to most standards, you can't be a Werewolf and a Vampire, as becoming a Werewolf makes you invulnerable to disease and cures you of previously held diseases. Vampirism, being technically a disease according to some sources, is therefor cured and you are no longer a Vampire, and only a Werewolf. Although I will agree, a Werepire does sound pretty cool, it is not possible as far as I know.
Anton, I have to say that waiting is EXTREMELY dangerous. With only five players, if two die, the remaining villager will automatically know which two are the werewolf/serial killer, but it would then be too late as you can only lynch one player per day(or in this case, night) phase. The only way that would work is if the doctor gets lucky and saves a player who is attacked. Then the town faction would only barely win by one person if the two remaining villagers actually manage to lynch a hostile player. Then again, if we lynh this turn and kill a villager, then we're screwed anyways because then the two hostile players could finish off the remaining villagers.
Basically, it's all about luck. I say we wait, because maybe, maybe, the werewolf or serial killer might lynch the other, and then we only have to worry about one hostile player.
Everyone cross your fingers and hope we get lucky...
Because we desperately need it if we want to make it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 43 Empty

Back to top Go down

Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.
Page 43 of 49Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 49  Next