Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.

Go down 
+10
Vulpes
Headphone Actor
Shadowscyther
Jikumo
Suds
Crytic
Pikashock
Solilo
Kat
Savato
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 35 ... 49  Next
AuthorMessage
Savato

Savato

Poké : 380

Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 21 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 8:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

It has come to my attention, that this forum had been lacking a thread for the game Werewolf, also known as Mafia up to now. Thus, I've decided to launch one of them.

Werewolf Rules:

At the beginning of a round of Werewolf, all participating players will be assigned a role, which will be determined randomly. Most players will be Villager roles, while there will be a small number of Werewolves and other roles as well, depending on the size of the game.

There are two alternating phases, a Day phase and a Night phase.
The game starts in a Day phase. In this phase, all players can communicate freely with one another. All players can vote for a player to lynch or to perform no lynch for the day.
Should a previously set amount of time (usually 2-3 days) have passed, the player, who has recieved the most votes, will be lynched and thus removed from the game. Their role will be revealed for all to see. Should a player recieve the absolute majority of votes before the time is over, the day ends immediately with that player lynched.
A lynched player can not participate in the current round anymore, including talking.

As the Day phase ends, the Night phase begins. In it, talking is not allowed.
The Werewolves use PMs to talk to each other and agree on a player to kill.
This target will then be PMed to the host of the game by one of them.
Other roles with abilities, that can be used during the night PM the host, which player they want to target, if they want to do so at all.
After the host has recieved targets from all roles capable of targeting or a previously set amount of time has passed (usually 1-2 days), the Night phase ends, and all dead players will be revealed, including their roles. As the night ends, another Day phase begins.

This cycle continues, until either the Villagers or the Werewolves have achieved their victory condition.

You are not allowed to talk about the game outside of this thread!
Quoting, Fakequoting and using screenshots are not allowed!

The Roles:

Villager: The Villager is the most common role. Villagers only know their own role in the beginning. They have no powers aside from the right to vote for a player to lynch in the Day phase. They are aligned with the Town Faction and thus win, should all Werewolves die.

Werewolf: The Werewolves are the antagonists of the game. While there are few of them, every Werewolf will recieve the names of the other Werewolves per PM at the beginning of a round. Not only can they vote for a player to lynch in the day phase, but they can agree on a player to kill in the Night phase as well. They are allowed to communicate between themselves using PMs. They are aligned with the Anti-Town Faction and win, should they outnumber the Town Faction.

Alpha Wolf: Functions exactly like a normal Werewolf, but shows up as a Villager, should it be investigated by the Seer.

Doctor: The Doctor is a Villager with a special ability. There will only be one Doctor in a round. The Doctor can vote on a target to lynch in the Day phase. In the Night phase, it can PM the host a player to protect. Should that player be the target for the Werewolves to kill that night, the kill will fail. The Doctor can protect itself. Since it is aligned with the Town Faction, it wins, should all Werewolves die.

Seer: The Seer is a Villager with a special ability. There will only be one Seer in a round. The Seer can vote on a target to lynch in the Day phase. In the Night phase, it can PM the host a player to investigate. As the next Day phase begins, the Seer will be told the role of the investigated player with a PM. Since it is aligned with the Town Faction, it wins, should all Werewolves die.

Vigligante: Can choose a player to kill every night, but doesn't have to. Wins with the Town Faction.

Serial Killer: Can choose a player to kill every night, but doesn't have to. Wins, should everyone else be dead.

Lovers: Always at least two players. Should one of them die, the other one commits suicide. All Lovers know of the innocence of their loved ones. They can talk with each other per PM. They win with the Town Faction.

Jester: Wins, should it be lynched. Loses, should it survive or die for another reason than being lynched.

Other Roles: While many other possibilities for roles exist, I'll keep it simple at first and only use these roles. Should I add another one for a later round, I'll explain it.

Voting: Every player has exactly one vote for each Day phase.
To vote, please use the following format:

Vote: Playername

If you would like to withdraw your vote, use the following format:

Unvote: Playername

You can cast your vote onto another player, should you withdraw your first vote.

Should there be a two-way tie, the lynched player will be determined randomly.
Should one of the tieing parties be No Lynch, the Lynch will happen.
Should there be a three-or-more-way-tie, no lynch will happen.

I will now wait for participants. Should we get enough participants, I will start the round and send out the role PMs.

Should there be any questions, feel free to ask me!

Current Players:

-Savato
-Pichupichuuu

Hosting order:

-Suds, Madness of Intellect

-MexterInfinite, Winner of the Vietnam War

Last edited by Savato on Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:56 pm; edited 109 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 21 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 7:25 pm

You only voted Xeryd because you saw us vote her? I'm wondering how well that reason works... and how the day isn't over yet
Back to top Go down
Wistuffly

Wistuffly

Poké : 220

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 21 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 7:53 pm

(( Yeah, it's been more than 48 hours, it should be night Jeff. ))
Back to top Go down
JeffMandM

JeffMandM

Poké : 1280

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 21 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 8:04 pm

While the others slept, suds tried to get past them. Having snapped a branch, it woke them up, cornering him. Suds the Alpha Wolf has been lynched. One outlaw down, one to go.

It is now Night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 21 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 11:59 pm

Sorry 'bout being afk so much, i stopped paying attention not too long ago.
i went derp. sorry.
Back to top Go down
Wistuffly

Wistuffly

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 21 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 5:18 am

(( It's fine. But the night phase lasts 48 hours until the Wolves select someone to kill. No talking is allowed during Night! ))
Back to top Go down
JeffMandM

JeffMandM

Poké : 1280

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 21 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 4:44 pm

That night, a noise woke up Xeryd, who went to investigate. He was knocked out immediately after. That morning, everyone else went to find him, discovering him knocked out below the campsite's location. A note is left behind saying "You wanted me dead, and now it happened."

Xeryd the Villager has fainted. It is now day.
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

Poké : 10615

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 21 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 5:21 pm

I've got a few different suspicions and theories as to who the other wolf might be. Honestly my top suspects right now are Wist, Shadow, Sakura and Mexter. Wist because he was the first to vote for Xeryd, and it just so happens Xeryd is dead now. Which could be a really easy set-up by the remaining wolf to get us to kill Wist, so he's not too high of a suspect for me. Shadow was quick to vote Xeryd along with Wist and Suds, and also changed to vote for Suds, which could be a way to take the heat off of yourself. Sakura didn't definitely vote until Mexter suggested Suds, which could be a sign she was waiting for response on Suds for how to handle the situation and voted for him, which could have been planned to as I said before take the heat off of Sakura. Mexter was the first to suggest Suds, which could be from knowing people or it could be from knowing who the other werewolf was, which would give him a greater chance of going undetected and cut off a loose end. Also as I type this I could also be overlooking the fact that Pikapi, like me, hasn't said much yet in this game, which could be because he's new or because he's trying to lay low. Which could also apply to me I suppose. Anyways I'm just laying some stuff out there, take it how you will.
Back to top Go down
Wistuffly

Wistuffly

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 21 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 6:06 pm

Actually Pika, Mex was the first to Lynch Xeryd. Let me quote his second post in the game.

Mex is my prime suspect. And I have plenty of reasons for him to be.

Pika, you said it was I who voted Xeryd first and that it is a "coincidence" that Xeryd is now dead. But, as you see, Mex was the first to lynch Xeryd. So he would be the most plausible choice for your theory that someone who lynched Xeryd wanted her dead, and killed her as a wolf. Mex also initiated both of the lynchings. He lynched Suds, with a fair enough reason for us all to kill him. And he was right. But, I believe you are correct Pika when you say that Mex lynched Suds not only because he was suspicious, but to gain the trust of us all. But I think, Mex not only wanted our trust, but revenge!

You see, a few games ago, Suds did the exact same thing to Mex. He lynched his Wolf partner for him to gain the trust of others.  But now Mex is pulling the same thing, but swapping the roles. Maybe it isn't revenge, but simply using the same trick twice. Saku and Shadow, and I guess myself, are still viable suspects I . It's just that neither of them have the level of motive that Mex has for killing both Suds & Xeryd.

Anyone else have something to say on the matter? Mex?

Last edited by Wistuffly on Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed quotes, as they aren't allowed. Whoops!)
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 21 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 7:35 pm

That's exactly what I was looking for Wist. As you may or may not have overlooked, I was the third partner in the game with Mexter and Suds, and therefore I worked with both of them. I also had a few different strategies. There is an unaccounted for role though, and that would be the Jester. I believe Mexter knows better that roles are picked randomly, and therefore never being the traitor isn't a good reason. My gut feeling is that he was guessing he would be wrong, fall under suspicion, and be lynched. You may be trying to set him up by using all these reasons against him, and might not even know that he's the Jester. Or, also possible, you might be the Jester playing me right now. But as it seems you seem to know exactly how you would frame Mex to be the wolf. Sorry Wist, but I've got a bit of a hunch if you can call it that.

Vote: Wist.
Back to top Go down
Shadowscyther

Shadowscyther

Poké : 1500

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 21 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 8:06 pm

I cba to read all of that now and I'm going to Crew practice in about 10 minutes, so...

Vote: Wistuffly
Back to top Go down
Wistuffly

Wistuffly

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 21 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 8:22 pm

I see! Those are all fairly valid suspicions. I'll warn you now though, I'm nothing special. If I die, I just increase the odds of finding an Outlaw. We only have one day left after this, then it will be 1:1 with the remaining Outlaw. I may be jumping the gun a little bit here, but how about this: After you've lynched me, lynch Mex if he's still alive. If he's killed in the night, I'm sure you'll have enough clues by the end of tomorrow to kill the right Outlaw. But I am almost certain Mex is the Outlaw. Call it a hunch.

Vote: Wist
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 21 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 8:40 pm

Well let me lay down some facts, Shadow and I are safe, I believe Wist is not the Wolf, as Pika was far a fast one to start accusing. Also, your reasoning about me killing off a wolf, why would I do that? It's more needing of a team when it comes to the later rounds, plus given the fact I'm the target for the wolf tonight, as I know it. I'll say I'm the seer. Shadow is the Jester of the round. Why would I already reveal my role? Well there's not much time for me, I've killed one wolf already and that can make me a target for the wolves. Also Wist, no quoting. Not that is affects me, but it's not allowed anyways. So I personally believe Wist is not the outlaw either. He was too quick to get the idea of lynching someone. He chose who I chose. A werewolf would not do that for the fact it makes them a target. My personal thoughts are that it's Pikashock, or the one who has not contributed at all. Also Wist did ask if werewolves were able to lynch teammates. It sounded actually believable to me.
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 21 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 8:52 pm

Actually Mex, you were the first one to accuse without too much proof, but I'll put that aside. From prior experience working with you Mex, we attempted to vote out Suds, who was another wolf, and you were voted out instead in a coin flip. So you used the tactic before and I have no doubts you would use it again. I would say you and Wist are probably high on my list of who I would vote for, since I may change my vote.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 21 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 10:34 pm

Pika, at the same time, that match was three wolves versus quite a few more. THis match, if one wolf dies, that could decide the game. Plus this is a rookie round for most of us unlike before. We know more of what to do. We know people will accuse the wolf of lynching their friend.
Back to top Go down
Wistuffly

Wistuffly

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 21 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 11:04 pm

Well, I wasn't expecting Mex to be the Seer. (If you are! We will learn this night.) With Shadow being the Jester, and I know my own innocence, that leaves Pika, Pipi (It's so confusing with two pikas.) and Sakura. Sakura & Pipi haven't been saying a whole lot, so they both seem pretty suspicious. Pipi hasn't said a word, so I'm going with Sakura. I'm still the one going to be lynched today, if Pika doesn't reconsider.

Unvote: Wist
Vote: Sakura
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.
Page 21 of 49Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 35 ... 49  Next