Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.

Go down 
+10
Vulpes
Headphone Actor
Shadowscyther
Jikumo
Suds
Crytic
Pikashock
Solilo
Kat
Savato
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 33 ... 49  Next
AuthorMessage
Savato

Savato

Poké : 380

Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 17 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 8:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

It has come to my attention, that this forum had been lacking a thread for the game Werewolf, also known as Mafia up to now. Thus, I've decided to launch one of them.

Werewolf Rules:

At the beginning of a round of Werewolf, all participating players will be assigned a role, which will be determined randomly. Most players will be Villager roles, while there will be a small number of Werewolves and other roles as well, depending on the size of the game.

There are two alternating phases, a Day phase and a Night phase.
The game starts in a Day phase. In this phase, all players can communicate freely with one another. All players can vote for a player to lynch or to perform no lynch for the day.
Should a previously set amount of time (usually 2-3 days) have passed, the player, who has recieved the most votes, will be lynched and thus removed from the game. Their role will be revealed for all to see. Should a player recieve the absolute majority of votes before the time is over, the day ends immediately with that player lynched.
A lynched player can not participate in the current round anymore, including talking.

As the Day phase ends, the Night phase begins. In it, talking is not allowed.
The Werewolves use PMs to talk to each other and agree on a player to kill.
This target will then be PMed to the host of the game by one of them.
Other roles with abilities, that can be used during the night PM the host, which player they want to target, if they want to do so at all.
After the host has recieved targets from all roles capable of targeting or a previously set amount of time has passed (usually 1-2 days), the Night phase ends, and all dead players will be revealed, including their roles. As the night ends, another Day phase begins.

This cycle continues, until either the Villagers or the Werewolves have achieved their victory condition.

You are not allowed to talk about the game outside of this thread!
Quoting, Fakequoting and using screenshots are not allowed!

The Roles:

Villager: The Villager is the most common role. Villagers only know their own role in the beginning. They have no powers aside from the right to vote for a player to lynch in the Day phase. They are aligned with the Town Faction and thus win, should all Werewolves die.

Werewolf: The Werewolves are the antagonists of the game. While there are few of them, every Werewolf will recieve the names of the other Werewolves per PM at the beginning of a round. Not only can they vote for a player to lynch in the day phase, but they can agree on a player to kill in the Night phase as well. They are allowed to communicate between themselves using PMs. They are aligned with the Anti-Town Faction and win, should they outnumber the Town Faction.

Alpha Wolf: Functions exactly like a normal Werewolf, but shows up as a Villager, should it be investigated by the Seer.

Doctor: The Doctor is a Villager with a special ability. There will only be one Doctor in a round. The Doctor can vote on a target to lynch in the Day phase. In the Night phase, it can PM the host a player to protect. Should that player be the target for the Werewolves to kill that night, the kill will fail. The Doctor can protect itself. Since it is aligned with the Town Faction, it wins, should all Werewolves die.

Seer: The Seer is a Villager with a special ability. There will only be one Seer in a round. The Seer can vote on a target to lynch in the Day phase. In the Night phase, it can PM the host a player to investigate. As the next Day phase begins, the Seer will be told the role of the investigated player with a PM. Since it is aligned with the Town Faction, it wins, should all Werewolves die.

Vigligante: Can choose a player to kill every night, but doesn't have to. Wins with the Town Faction.

Serial Killer: Can choose a player to kill every night, but doesn't have to. Wins, should everyone else be dead.

Lovers: Always at least two players. Should one of them die, the other one commits suicide. All Lovers know of the innocence of their loved ones. They can talk with each other per PM. They win with the Town Faction.

Jester: Wins, should it be lynched. Loses, should it survive or die for another reason than being lynched.

Other Roles: While many other possibilities for roles exist, I'll keep it simple at first and only use these roles. Should I add another one for a later round, I'll explain it.

Voting: Every player has exactly one vote for each Day phase.
To vote, please use the following format:

Vote: Playername

If you would like to withdraw your vote, use the following format:

Unvote: Playername

You can cast your vote onto another player, should you withdraw your first vote.

Should there be a two-way tie, the lynched player will be determined randomly.
Should one of the tieing parties be No Lynch, the Lynch will happen.
Should there be a three-or-more-way-tie, no lynch will happen.

I will now wait for participants. Should we get enough participants, I will start the round and send out the role PMs.

Should there be any questions, feel free to ask me!

Current Players:

-Savato
-Pichupichuuu

Hosting order:

-Suds, Madness of Intellect

-MexterInfinite, Winner of the Vietnam War

Last edited by Savato on Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:56 pm; edited 109 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 17 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 10:33 pm

It is currently Night. Please only post during the Day phase. Thank you. ^^
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 17 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 7:01 pm

As the Adventurers woke up, they found large quantities of blood all around the camp, but surprisingly noone had fainted at all! Maybe someone had managed to save the target...

It is now Day. The Day will last 48 hours from the time this post was made or until a majority of 4 votes have been placed on one player and at least 24 hours have passed from the time this post was made.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 17 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 11:17 pm

Wow... Someone saved the target? O.O Darn, so that was the flaw in my previous statement. I forgot that there's this possibility of someone being saved! ((All the more to love the Doctor Who series! xD)) So now, we have....

Doctor, Seer, two adventurers, outlaw and the Boss.

And the people here are...

BlueKat12
Akanewie
HeadphoneActor
Xeryd
Antonm1107
Vulpes

Now, we have a 2/6 chance of finding the wolf, 2/6 chance of finding the doctor or seer and 2/6 of finding an Adventurer. Hm, so that means we have an equal chance here.

So, who was that victim?

Too bad that I wasn't killed overnight. That would have meant that I was on the right track on finding the Outlaws. ((Then again, I suspected most of everyone. xD)) Only the Doctor really knows.

Basically what I think about everyone so far...

Ant: Adventurer???
Xeryd: Outlaw/Adventurer
Vulpes: Outlaw/Adventurer
Blue: Adventurer
Acti: Adventurer

I do have an idea for who's a Seer, but for their own protection, I'd rather not say just in case the outlaws decide to pick on who I think is the seer. I was wrong before. I have no idea who's the doctor, though...

But, the most suspicious now would have to be Xeryd...

No, you're most definitely alright because of your Internet problems but...

When did you have them? It's strange that you only answer when I began to suspect everyone. But Aka, I've accidentally posted in night! Yeah, figures. But, that's timezone for you. You were a bit desperate there....

But, I'd like to see the opinions of others first. Just so I won't make the same mistake.

Last edited by Akanewie on Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling mistake. O.o'')
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 17 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 5:48 pm

I'd first like to apologize my lack of time on mafia, though I won't explain myself lest I cast suspicion upon myself.
Anyway.
For now, I'd like to put up this theory: Akanewie was likely the one targeted and protected. Because it was he and he alone that considered so many possibilities, and even if he turned out to be a wolf, NOT protecting the only person with any real valid points would be like leaving him to walk in the middle of a minefield. I mean, there's the possibility that the wolves decided to kill somebody else, and that person is protected, but there is no reason to protect anybody but him or yourself, and if not yourself, Akanewie is the most obvious, important target.
DO NOT REVEAL YOURSELF, WHOEVER THE DOCTOR IS. UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. On the other hand, PLEASE REVEAL YOURSELF IF YOU HAVE FOUND THE REMAINING DITTO, SEER. Whoever the seer is, please reveal the ditto, and we'll kill whoever you accuse accordingly. If the person is, in fact, a ditto, tomorrow we'll have either at LEAST a one in four or five chance of killing the alpha, whereas if not, we'll already know that you're a wolf, and react accordingly.
For future reference, I'd like to point out that while I believe that Akanewie was protected, and is LARGELY unsuspected in my eyes, it's entirely possible that he is still a suspect; he may have not killed anybody specifically in order to avoid any suspicion upon him. Still, it's a very abysmal chance, and if he has in fact had the foresight to concoct such a plot we are, in any case, completely and utterly doomed.
As for who I do suspect, I will not name any names, primarily because it's past midnight and any ideas I come up with will likely be completely insane and/or plain wrong. Hell, THIS might be insane and/or plain wrong.
So,
Akanewie: Almost certainly innocent
Seer: Should probably reveal the wolf now, if possible, in order to make it a 1/4 chance of choosing the boss, and a 50/50 chance of winning if we get the boss wrong.
Doctor: Should NOT reveal himself unless he's under extreme suspicion, though even if he does reveal himself it won't do him much good.
Everybody: Please try to contribute. I know that RL takes priority, as it has in this game of werewolf (for myself at least), but please bring up your opinions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 17 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 10:32 pm

That would be a good idea, Ant. But, I see a flaw within your statement.

If the "Seer" does reveal them self, how do we know if it IS the seer? Anyone could take the disguise of the Seer, even myself. So, that would mean that the wolves could take on the role.

But, let's say that your theory is correct...

That would have to mean that the two biggest suspects would have to be...

Xeryd and Vulpes.

They're also who I suspected in my theories. That could perhaps mean that they were trying to shut me up. I did say that I was looking for who's the most SUSPICIOUS. Blue and Ant aren't very suspicious to me. Nether is Acti.

So, unless someone can change my mind, I suppose that we should lynch...

Lynch: Xeryd

Ant, do you approve of my suspicion?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 17 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 3:03 am

I already said that if it turns out that the seer is not the seer, the next day we'll already know that he's not the seer, and it'd be the exact same as though he sacrificed himself.
I'd rather wait to see if the seer, whoever he is, has revealed the wolf.
Though if it turns out that the seer HASN'T found out yet, I'll aid you in the lynching of Xeryd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 17 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 8:06 am

The damage would have already be done then.

We only have six people left. If a Seer does show up, claiming that this person is a wolf but isn't... Then we'd be left with five, four if the doctor fails to protect. Then when we vote out the false Seer, we'd be left with four, three or two if the Doctor fails to protect. By then...

Our King will be in check.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 17 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 9:04 am

And we'll have a fifty fifty chance of winning! Think about it; either we choose the wrong person by mistake and have no clue whatsoever who the seer or any of the wolves are, or we choose whoever the seer tells us to kill, which gives us a 100% chance of at least who one wolf is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 17 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 9:11 am

I suppose, but anything could happen at a fifty fifty...

Y'know Ant, I don't think anyone is gonna bother to talk. =/ Time is almost up and I'm a bit worried about my choice! ^^''

What do you think, Ant?
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 17 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 1:30 pm

tbh I think this round of werewolf is pretty much dead, and everyone else forgot about it..
._.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 17 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 3:48 pm

Fine, fine. Vote: Xeryd
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 17 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 7:00 pm

After a short discussion between Antonm1107 and Akanewie, they decided to lynch Xeryd. Noone argued against it, probably because everyone else was asleep.
A few swift blows to the head made the Gardevoir slip into unconsciousness as she transformed into...an unconscious Gardevior. Dang.

Xeryd the Adventurer has died. It is now Night. You know the rest.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 17 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 7:00 pm

Once again the adventurers woke up only to find another one of them missing.
After a long search hadn't brought up much, the group decided to open the fridge of plot.
Inside was BlueKat12 the Ninetales frozen solid.
Apparently she had been trying to stop the outlaws just like you...

BlueKat12 the Adventurer has fainted. It is now Day and all that stuff.

Living players:

-Akanewie
-HeadphoneActor
-Antonm1107
-Vulpes
Back to top Go down
Headphone Actor

Headphone Actor

Poké : 5240

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 17 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 7:13 pm

Outlaws, I'm pretty sure you just lost.

I am the seer.

Out of the four of us left, I have investigated Aka and Ant. Aka is a Doctor. And is a "Normal Adventurer". That I greatly doubt. First, we only have a Seer (me), a Doctor, an Alpha Wolf and a Regular one. No normal players are left, which makes it impossible for Ant to be so. Thus, he is an Alpha.

Next, Aka was revealed to me as the Doctor.

That leaves Vulpes. Vulpes must be the other regular Outlaw.

You might not believe me, but I can get you proof if need be. We have no room for error. I know who everyone is, and everyone now knows who everyone else is. If you don't believe me, check your facts. Check your occupation or whatever. There is no room for error her, so...

Vote: Ant
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 12:31 am

Interesting, interesting.

So I was right about Vulpes being an Outlaw! ^^ Sorry Xeryd and Wish! ^^''

But, Acti, I see that your argument ((That's what you call it? Or a theory? Not sure on this one. xD)) True, I was wondering why Ant was so sure that I was protected. And, I did try to protect Ant because I accidently began to wonder if he was next on the death list. Yet, he wasn't.

But Acti...

There's a fatal flaw in this!

If we vote off one of the outlaws, they'll just kill us overnight! There is a 50/50 chance that I'd be able to protect one of us..

Can't we just lynch both of them? We know who they are! ^^''

Vote: Ant
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.
Page 17 of 49Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 33 ... 49  Next