Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.

Go down 
+10
Vulpes
Headphone Actor
Shadowscyther
Jikumo
Suds
Crytic
Pikashock
Solilo
Kat
Savato
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 29 ... 49  Next
AuthorMessage
Savato

Savato

Poké : 380

Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 8:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

It has come to my attention, that this forum had been lacking a thread for the game Werewolf, also known as Mafia up to now. Thus, I've decided to launch one of them.

Werewolf Rules:

At the beginning of a round of Werewolf, all participating players will be assigned a role, which will be determined randomly. Most players will be Villager roles, while there will be a small number of Werewolves and other roles as well, depending on the size of the game.

There are two alternating phases, a Day phase and a Night phase.
The game starts in a Day phase. In this phase, all players can communicate freely with one another. All players can vote for a player to lynch or to perform no lynch for the day.
Should a previously set amount of time (usually 2-3 days) have passed, the player, who has recieved the most votes, will be lynched and thus removed from the game. Their role will be revealed for all to see. Should a player recieve the absolute majority of votes before the time is over, the day ends immediately with that player lynched.
A lynched player can not participate in the current round anymore, including talking.

As the Day phase ends, the Night phase begins. In it, talking is not allowed.
The Werewolves use PMs to talk to each other and agree on a player to kill.
This target will then be PMed to the host of the game by one of them.
Other roles with abilities, that can be used during the night PM the host, which player they want to target, if they want to do so at all.
After the host has recieved targets from all roles capable of targeting or a previously set amount of time has passed (usually 1-2 days), the Night phase ends, and all dead players will be revealed, including their roles. As the night ends, another Day phase begins.

This cycle continues, until either the Villagers or the Werewolves have achieved their victory condition.

You are not allowed to talk about the game outside of this thread!
Quoting, Fakequoting and using screenshots are not allowed!

The Roles:

Villager: The Villager is the most common role. Villagers only know their own role in the beginning. They have no powers aside from the right to vote for a player to lynch in the Day phase. They are aligned with the Town Faction and thus win, should all Werewolves die.

Werewolf: The Werewolves are the antagonists of the game. While there are few of them, every Werewolf will recieve the names of the other Werewolves per PM at the beginning of a round. Not only can they vote for a player to lynch in the day phase, but they can agree on a player to kill in the Night phase as well. They are allowed to communicate between themselves using PMs. They are aligned with the Anti-Town Faction and win, should they outnumber the Town Faction.

Alpha Wolf: Functions exactly like a normal Werewolf, but shows up as a Villager, should it be investigated by the Seer.

Doctor: The Doctor is a Villager with a special ability. There will only be one Doctor in a round. The Doctor can vote on a target to lynch in the Day phase. In the Night phase, it can PM the host a player to protect. Should that player be the target for the Werewolves to kill that night, the kill will fail. The Doctor can protect itself. Since it is aligned with the Town Faction, it wins, should all Werewolves die.

Seer: The Seer is a Villager with a special ability. There will only be one Seer in a round. The Seer can vote on a target to lynch in the Day phase. In the Night phase, it can PM the host a player to investigate. As the next Day phase begins, the Seer will be told the role of the investigated player with a PM. Since it is aligned with the Town Faction, it wins, should all Werewolves die.

Vigligante: Can choose a player to kill every night, but doesn't have to. Wins with the Town Faction.

Serial Killer: Can choose a player to kill every night, but doesn't have to. Wins, should everyone else be dead.

Lovers: Always at least two players. Should one of them die, the other one commits suicide. All Lovers know of the innocence of their loved ones. They can talk with each other per PM. They win with the Town Faction.

Jester: Wins, should it be lynched. Loses, should it survive or die for another reason than being lynched.

Other Roles: While many other possibilities for roles exist, I'll keep it simple at first and only use these roles. Should I add another one for a later round, I'll explain it.

Voting: Every player has exactly one vote for each Day phase.
To vote, please use the following format:

Vote: Playername

If you would like to withdraw your vote, use the following format:

Unvote: Playername

You can cast your vote onto another player, should you withdraw your first vote.

Should there be a two-way tie, the lynched player will be determined randomly.
Should one of the tieing parties be No Lynch, the Lynch will happen.
Should there be a three-or-more-way-tie, no lynch will happen.

I will now wait for participants. Should we get enough participants, I will start the round and send out the role PMs.

Should there be any questions, feel free to ask me!

Current Players:

-Savato
-Pichupichuuu

Hosting order:

-Suds, Madness of Intellect

-MexterInfinite, Winner of the Vietnam War

Last edited by Savato on Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:56 pm; edited 109 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Vulpes

Vulpes

Poké : 0

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 8:19 pm

Vote: Vulpes

Can I do that?

Anyways...

Unvote: Vulpes

Vote: No shoot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 8:23 pm

Damn. Our doctor's gone.

We can't go on not voting any longer, so allow me to put forth the only course of action I can think of (Pikashock, Vulpes and others, please put forth other courses of action; I'm not sure that I'm happy with the one I'm putting up, but it's the only one I can think of).

We shoot Mexter.

The way I see it, he's one of two things; a seer or a wolf. It's possible that he's just a really bloodthirsty townie, but more likely than not he knows who at least one of the wolves are, and either believes Kat to be a wolf or is attempting to kill indiscriminately. If he IS a seer, may he reveal who he's researched thus far, so that when he dies we can use his knowledge.

His death, should he be a seer, could (not would) cause more good than harm; tomorrow, six people will remain, and we can kill Bluekat to reduce the number of droids by one. The day after that, there will be four people remaining, one of whom is a droid, and all everybody will have to do is figure out who the wolf is. If they lynch the wrong person, the NEXT day only one human will remain, and he'll be given a 50/50 chance to beat the remaining droid. Basically, there's more than a 50% chance of winning should we kill Mexter and he's revealed to be a seer.

If he's a droid, we'd already be down one droid, and the actual seer could research Kat in order to see if the wolf is throwing her under a bus. Tomorrow, there will be six people, one of whom is a droid and one of whom is a seer that can confirm if Kat is a droid or not. If kat is revealed to be a droid, we've basically won (if the person lied, the next day we'd know that the roleclaimer is a wolf and can kill him). If not, we can kill the seer to confirm it, bringing our numbers down to 4 people with one confirmed human (assuming she isn't killed) and one droid, and leaving us with an over 50% chance of winning.
Of course, if it's revealed that he's a townie, nothing good will come out of it, but I'm fairly sure he's one or the other.

Also, yes you can Vulpes. I did that last game, anyways.

EDITING FOR READABILITY AND SO THAT I CAN VOTE: MEXTER
Back to top Go down
Vulpes

Vulpes

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 8:41 pm

We can just vote SAVaTOS off and be done with it all!

We could try voting kat, but here is why I feel probability says this is a bad idea.

Max is a: 1. Villager 2. Seer or 3. Wolf

Is Max is a Villager or a wolf, then voting Kat would just be pointless. If Max is a Seer, we know who to vote. So I suggest we wait to see what Max says in this next round, and depending on who he votes, if anyone, we can hopefully determine if he's a seer, and if he found anyone new, or if he's just a wolf trying to trick us. Either way, I say we vote him off, then if he was a seer, we vote Kat. If he was a Wolf, we're one step ahead. If Max was a villager, we look elsewhere. The outcome if pretty much the same as what you said, but it potentially gives us a clue into who might be the next wolf.

All this does is take the 50/50 chance of beating the remaining droid and make it more of a 75/25, which could be a big help.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 8:48 pm

I see, I figured being the first to say we can't just not shoot two days in a row would get me into trouble. As once one person runs out of evidence, they must look at the slightest details... Either way, I'll admit, I'm just gonna be a casualty. Neither a Seer Nor a Wolf. So, go ahead an shoot me right in the dome, only it will delay the death of the traitors. Anyways... Purely out of the fact that Ant seems a bit more tactical this game in which he would point out someone who was trying to say [we can't just shoot someone](We can't just not shoot anyone), I'd say that he may be a traitor. Plus, thinking of it, we may all think he's innocent as he seems a trustworthy person to us all, good strategy and all. Also if I was a bloodthirsty wolf or just a trolling villager, wouldn't you think I'd have voted for a more valid reason than I did? Maybe Vulpes for his extensive No shooting votes like he even did today? I merely took a shot in the dark hoping to get a wolf. Think of games like this. You have to wait to see if someone slips up, however, given the wolves get a kill every night, we can't wait for long. Sometimes you just can't wait for the evidence like I did with Kat. But anyways... Just gonna end it here with a vote. Vote: Ant

Edit: Vulpes, even if I was a villager would that just give Kat an Instant immunity? You must think of the possibly of a guess being right and not just wave it off.

Edit after Edit: I put Brackets around a sentence that made no sense from my point of view and Parenthesis around the corrected version.

Maybe I should number these edits Edit: In the parenthesis sentence I put we can just not shoot anyone. when it's supposed to be "We can't just not shoot anyone" The other way would just result in the same meaning of the first one. I'll fix it now...

Last edited by MexterInfinite on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Vulpes

Vulpes

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 8:54 pm

You are being kind of defensive... I'm still figuring the strategy out and you chew me out for my logic. I'm not sure if that's just because you're mad, or if it's because you're actually a wolf. Either way, I'm still learning this game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 8:58 pm

Well being the fact that turns out the first one who's willing to shoot someone for the sake of a small chance of finding a werewolf automatically makes you a wolf could make someone mad, halfway through my previous post I sorta changed mood. Eh... it happens..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 9:00 pm

I'd just like to point out, Vulpes, that you forgot to vote for Mexter. Apparently, you want to, but you forgot to do it in the correct format.
That is all.
Back to top Go down
Vulpes

Vulpes

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 9:03 pm

No, I didn't "forget" anything. It was a proposal, and I, like I said, am trying to figure this out. As such, I would like to see how the next vote or two play out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 9:05 pm

Oddly it seems not many others are posting, I'd personally guess it's due to the fact that we're still posting and they want to watch how it plays out and follow the crowd, (To avoid suspicions especially for werewolves) Or maybe it's the fact they aren't on and forgot.
Back to top Go down
Vulpes

Vulpes

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 9:07 pm

Either way, we still have like, 30 hours or something crazy, not like we're in a rush... yet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 9:08 pm

Good point. I haven't been on the chat or topic for a while until lately so I didn't know the current time we had left.
Back to top Go down
Headphone Actor

Headphone Actor

Poké : 5240

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 11:14 pm

I haven't posted as I'm going to wait a little to see where this is going. I don't know where this is going and either of you could be right on who is not to be trusted.

For now,

Vote: No shooting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 11:19 pm

Okay, so while thinking for a bit while eating dinner, I've thought about Ant. Honestly, I think we know Ant is smarter than to think that the first person to vote for someone to die is a wolf. My reasoning behind this is think of it. He goes for the first person to vote for someone to die. Last time he didn't think the first to vote was a wolf. Secondly, lately the last response we got from Ant was saying about how Vulpes didn't change his vote. No other response afterwards. I'm wondering why he wants me dead. I'm thinking he's going to use the reasoning of a chance of me being a seer to kill me off. One night to find a wolf is unlikely, highly. So basically, Kat may or may not be a wolf. She may even be the seer. I'm not the seer, I'll tell you that now so don't go looking for an answer from me. I just think that Ant may actually be a wolf. After the second day where I voted for one person, his next vote immediately pointed to me. What kind of evidence is there really? You were the first to vote for another person obvious werewolf! That didn't get us anywhere last time either. It's just... I feel as if Ant isn't acting like he normally would. He wouldn't go and jump to a conclusion. Just a theory though. You don't have to go with it, heck you can go against it, but just think a bit about it.
Back to top Go down
Vulpes

Vulpes

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 11:22 pm

I definitely think that's a valid point, and knowing how I play he WAS, after all, trying to get me on the bandwagon, something most people think is suspicious. So I definitely think Ant is a valid possibility....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 11:29 pm

I will admit if ant does reply I feel as if one reasoning he might have is, Now Mex is trying to get people on his bandwagon to kill me. I can feel it coming. Although at the same time,  Ant was the first to attempt that. No matter what, people are going to try and get people on their bandwagon if they feel they have a valid point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.
Page 10 of 49Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 29 ... 49  Next