Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

A noise in the grass

Go down 
AuthorMessage

A noise in the grass Empty
PostSubject: A noise in the grass   A noise in the grass EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 8:56 pm

It's a nice day in Grassveil town, one with the wind blowing steadily, and the sun shining brightly. This is not what he had hope for. He had hoped for a nice and cloudy day, one where he was free from the suns unforgiving rays. The grass, however, was much more kind to Cobalt, offering him it's sweet embrace, and protection from whatever harm the sun may do to him. He senses his way through the grass with his antennae, he does not want to be here. "Stupid traditions, I can't believe I have to withstand this torture! I've never been put out in the sun for this long, and I can't take it any longer!" Cobalt shouts at nobody in particular. He gives a sad sigh, and then collapses under some new-found shade, maybe today just won't be his day.
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

Poké : 780

PostSubject: Re: A noise in the grass   A noise in the grass EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 4:52 am

An Absol slowly walked through the town, as she hunted quickly for a shop that sold some provisions for her journey to the Black Spear Mountains. She hated the fact that there were so many Pokemon around, most of them giving her death stares, but she had to make this trip. It was her dream to make it to those moutains, but with barely any items, she wouldn't even be close to making it. Nocturna sighed, but continued moving, when she spotted a Pokemon....a Bug-Type Pokemon talking to himself.
"Stupid traditions, I can't believe I have to withstand this torture! I've never been put out in the sun for this long, and I can't take it any longer!"
The Absol's fur perked up, and she stalked started moving away from the now identifiable Nincada. She wanted to lash out at the Pokemon, but that would only justify the "Disaster Pokemon". She instead chose the "diplomatic" option.
"Maybe you should be outside for more. I though bug types liked the sunlight." she said dryly to the Pokemon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A noise in the grass   A noise in the grass EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 5:07 am

Suddenly, a voice appeared from behind him, it startled him, knocking him off balance a little bit. After he regained his cool, he snapped his head to meet the Absol face to face, "Well obviously you've never met a Nincada before." Cobalt replied in a stately matter. "We're born underground, and have little to no contact with the outside world... That is, until we get kicked out of our nest." Cobalt finished, the last sentence leaving a bad taste in his mouth. "I'm supposed to make a name for myself before I can return, but I don't even know where I can start". Cobalt picked at the grass, before finally saying, "Well... Anyways, my name's Cobalt. What's yours.".
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

PostSubject: Re: A noise in the grass   A noise in the grass EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 5:33 am

Nocturna stared daggers at the Nincada as she realized that the Pokemon thought she was being serious. Could he really not figure what she meant. Now she was stuck in a conversation. Wonderful. "Maybe you could start by staying outside in the sun for the longest amount of time a Nincada ever tried." She offered. The absol guessed that she was supposed to tell her name to the Bug-Type now. Just her luck today. Not only she was still stuck in the middle of a bunch of Pokemon, she was right in front of a Nincada being forced to engage conversation. Brilliant."My name is Nocturna." She muttered and finally averted her gaze from Cobalt. That pretty much settled it, she was never coming back to this town unless it was a dire emergency.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A noise in the grass   A noise in the grass EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 5:47 am

"No that simply will not do!" Cobalt exclaimed in reply to what the Absol had just told him to do. "My body is still burning from the sunlight, I just cannot take the absurd amount of light that the sun emits." Cobalt starts talking faster, and begins to rant to the poor Absol. Half of what Cobalt is saying is being muttered too fast to understand, and the other half is just plain nonsense. He eventually tires himself out, and then sits down, finishing with "But I guess one does not simply achieve fame overnight...". Cobalt just sits there for a while, thinking to himself, before perking and saying "Sorry, I kinda talked your ear off didn't I?" He gave a forced smile "I just have a lot on my mind... Thanks for listening."
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

PostSubject: Re: A noise in the grass   A noise in the grass EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 6:21 am

(What has Nocturna gotten herself into XD)
Nocturna practically facepalmed at what she unleashed. She quickly made a note to herself about Nincadas: 1. They can not understand angery intents when you make them. The Absol had to literally listen through his entire rant. By the time Cobalt slowed down, she felt exausted like she wanted to go to the forest and just sleep there for a long time. The Absol replyed annoyedly, "You sure did." She then muttered quietly, "You're very welcome maybe I should try to see how it would be if I put you in the sun a bit more." Nocturna sighed again before continueing, "So what are you planning on doing in life. Just sit there forever?" she asked Cobalt bracing herself for another earful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A noise in the grass   A noise in the grass EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 12:11 am

"Well that's the problem!" Cobalt replied hastily, ignoring the first few remarks that the Absol had made, "I just don't know where to start! I don't know anything of this land, it's lore, or anything of the sort... And on top of that, I can't stand the sun, so it's not like I can go around asking people if they need anything done, I'm pretty useless in that regard..." he finally finished. He sighed, and sung his head into the grass a little bit, "So there's really not that much I can do, even if I wanted to... I can't even return to my own home and ask for advice.". Cobalt looked uncharacteristically upset, especially from what Nocturna has seen of the Nincada so far. "So I guess all I can do is sit here in the shade...".
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

PostSubject: Re: A noise in the grass   A noise in the grass EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 4:15 am

Nocturna stared at Colbat, the Nincada was seriously starting to get on her nerves. She considered giving the Bug-Type a good Faint Attack, and considered a great length before deciding ultimately it wouldn't be worth it. Nocturna just wanted the bug type to stop bugging her...literally. "Well there is this place called the Guild and maybe you could become a S rank member and once you are that high you easily make a name for youself." The Absol said almost desperately trying to stop the Nincada from talking. Nocturna had a headache from all the words and whatnot the Pokemon was saying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A noise in the grass   A noise in the grass EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 4:41 am

Cobalt sat there for a minute or two, thinking about what Nocturna had just suggested. "Well, I suppose that's a possibility... But don't you need two people to create a team like that?" Cobalt said, more to himself, than to the Absol. "I don't really know anybody in the outside world, and I'm really not a very sociable Pokémon... Pokémon really just don't seem to like me, I cannot imagine why." Cobalt toyed with the idea in his head a little more, thinking about what he could to to make it work. "Well, I know it'd be asking a lot, but you don't suppose that you'd like to form a team with me? I'll even let you be leader, it's not like that position really means much anyways." Cobalt said, staring up at the Absol with pleading eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

PostSubject: Re: A noise in the grass   A noise in the grass EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:34 am

Nocturna blinked not expecting what Cobalt just said. Yes, normally you had two or more members in a team, but...The difference was, normally two Pokemon who knew each other joined as a team. Not to mention, the Nincada seemed to love to chatter Pokemons' ears off... But... in a way, Cobalt was exactly like the Absol. Nocturna sighed and gave in. "Fine I'll do it." she begrudgingly told the Bug-Type.
(Nocturna:*Stares evilly* Me:What? Just doing my job >:3)
(sorry that it's so short, on my Ds)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A noise in the grass   A noise in the grass EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 5:16 am

Cobalt stood there for a few seconds, absolutely dumbfounded. He didn't honestly expect Nocturna to accept his offer, he hardly even knew the Absol. He paused for a minute, with an obvious look of shock on his face, before finally shaking himself back to reality. He looked the Absol dead in the eyes with a determined look on his face and almost shouted, "Well then we'll be the absolute best team! The stuff of legend!". After saying those words, he started to talk fast again. He started to make plans that would contradict themselves, making up places that he would hope to explore, and hoping that one day he would be able to return to the land he was born in. It was very easy to tell that this made Cobalt very, very happy.
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

PostSubject: Re: A noise in the grass   A noise in the grass EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 5:00 am

Nocturna would have facepalmed several times if she had arms, but alas she had none. Why in the world did I think this was a good idea? she thought before being subjected to Nincada's rants again. Once Cobalt seemed slightly finished with his talking, and the Absol didn't quite feel like she was going to find the nearest cliff, she spoke. "Um shouldn't we get started...and if so, we should be getting a team name." she muttered. Truth be told Cobalt seemed like an okay enough guy....if was quiet for several minutes at a time.
(Sorry for not posting in a while, school and stuff)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A noise in the grass   A noise in the grass EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 10:06 pm

"Oh yes, of course! We need a team name." Cobalt exclaimed, "Well since you're the team leader, don't you think it should be your honor to pick the teams name? I probably wouldn't be able to decide on one name anyways" Cobalt finished with a chuckle.

((OOC)): Sorry for the short post, there really isn't much I can say on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

PostSubject: Re: A noise in the grass   A noise in the grass EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 4:11 pm

Nocturna shrugged. She wasn't very good with names but she would at least try...maybe. There was little she and Cobalt had in common, exept that maybe they both prefered not the be in the sun. "....Team Shadeninja?" She offered quietly. Nocturna wasn't very good in names, and definitely not bug evolutions. The only real reason she remembered it was because it was a Ghost-type, meaning it was a balance between dislike and like. "What do you think?" She mumbled.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A noise in the grass   A noise in the grass Empty

Back to top Go down

A noise in the grass
Page 1 of 1