Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Location Report - Echo World ☼

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Venusian

Venusian

Poké : 3230

Location Report - Echo World ☼ Empty
PostSubject: Location Report - Echo World ☼   Location Report - Echo World ☼ EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 1:33 am

Location Report - Echo World ☼ WgyCCln

» WS Members: Robin Pyralis
» Others Involved: Alki the Jigglypuff
» Thread Link(s): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Echo, verb: (of a sound) be repeated or reverberate after the original sound has stopped.

This is the principle upon which the Echo World is understood. It is an apt name, but far from an all-encompassing one. Yes, you will find “echoes”, lingering hums of past events, stories once left unsung. But it’s very curious, then, that these ‘echoes’ encompass not just our pasts, but our futures.

My name is Robin Pyralis. I am pleased to have you join me. Welcome to my dissertation on the Echo World, my theories, my personal encounter, and the first shreds of proof in our libraries of its existence. I hope you find this documentation as interesting as I have.

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

Introduction [I1]
Environment [E2]
Natives [N3]
Items [I4]
Statistics [S5]

Introduction [I1]

I did not set out to find the Echo World. It would be more accurate to say that it found me. I looked up from my surroundings to find the moon glowing brilliantly in the mid-afternoon sky, with no sun in sight. The tide suddenly grew fiercer. The oceans wobbled, but did not break at the touch, allowing us to walk across them like rubber, even as fish pokemon swam below the surface.

These are such things I have no explanation for, nor proof beyond my word. I hope you can forgive me for that.

I find the most likely answer to be that my companion and I unknowingly crossed through the threshold to the Echo World earlier, and only noticed our surroundings shifting when we paid more attention.

Other anomalies include the ocean turning back to liquid while we walked across it, and day turning to night. There is another anomaly that I have not yet mentioned. I will cover it in section 3.

Environment [E2]

I encountered the Echo World in Coral Forest. As such, I can personally confirm it’s presence there.

The environment matched Coral Forest quite well. There were no clear anomalies in the landscape beyond what I’ve already detailed. While the sun and moon were out of sync, and the ocean turned from liquid to something perhaps akin to rubber, it was otherwise normal. At least, from what I could see. Even a majority of the pokemon and items matched those I suspect belong to Coral Forest.

I can best describe it as a mirror in which the glass is bent, if you can forgive the metaphor. I would describe the Echo World as a distorted mirror, where time and space themselves are twisted to an even greater degree than your standard mystery dungeon. Perhaps, in this vein, the Echo World could be what happens when a mystery dungeon forms inside of a mystery dungeon.

In which case, it would beg the question, could an even deeper dungeon form inside of the Echo World? If so, how many layers deep could it possibly go?

Natives [N3]

While some pokemon we encountered belonged to Coral Forest, I believe others may have been unique to the Echo World. Nevertheless, for completion’s sake, I have listed them all below, so that you may come to your own conclusions.

Suspected Inhabitants of Coral Forest:
Skrelp (x3)
Carvanha (x2)
Lanturn (x2)
Wishiwashi (x2)
Chinchou
Clobbopus
Grapploct
Horsea
Seadra
Kingdra
Luvdisc
Alomola
Tirtouga
Binacle
Starmie

Suspected Inhabitants of the Echo World:
(Note: Each was navy in color, accented by light blue in the case of the Zorua.)
Zorua (x2)
Unown
Ditto

Suspected “Echoes”:
Kero, a Lanturn
Phosphor, a Ralts
Tsera, a Ralts
Darcy, a Skitty
Name Unknown, an outlaw Gyarados capable of Mega Evolution.

I have divided my encounters into three sections. The first section had no anomalies that I could discover, and appeared to match regular pokemon from Coral Forests.

The second section, I’m afraid I also have little knowledge of, beyond their odd coloration. The one that I did have a brief conversation with was a Zorua. While he did ultimately steer us in the correct direction, I have nothing properly gleaned from his intent. His way of speaking was quite childish and amused, perhaps bordering on mocking.

The third section, these “echoes”, are the oddest case of all, in my opinion. I will go over them one by one.

I have seen no records of a Lanturn named Kero, and I am unsure of his status.

A Phosphor named Ralts has recently created a team known as Team Daybreak in the Grassveil guild, with a Nickit known as Saido, who we did not meet in the Echo World. Public records indicate that they are grey rank at the time of writing.

Tsera is currently in school. Both inside and out of the Echo World, she appears to be Phosphor’s sister - however, within the Echo World, she was a part of an exploration team with him.

Apparently, Darcy’s counterpart outside of the Echo World did not recall the conversation we had within it, and had a very different attitude within the Echo World.

I have also found no public records of a Gyarados or Magikarp with a criminal record as severe as the one we faced.

Some of these can be faulted for my investigative abilities being lacking, but others are complete contradictions. Phosphor has alleged that his sister Tsera has never been a part of Team Daybreak, and guild records support this. He also reports that nor has he met someone named Kero.

I cannot easily explain this. I have two theories, as of the time of writing.

The first is that these “echoes” bear no connection to reality as we know it. Whether it be an alternate dimension or a complicated illusion, I cannot say. This is the more likely scenario. But I do have a second theory that may explain my encounter better, and I hope I can be forgiven for how far fetched I know this sounds.

I wonder if I may have encountered Pokemon from the future.

Perhaps Darcy’s personality was different because she has not yet grown into the person she will become, and perhaps she does not remember our conversation because it has not happened yet. Perhaps Tsera and Kero have not yet joined Team Daybreak, and the team itself has not yet climbed the ranks of being deemed capable of taking on such a dangerous mission. Perhaps there are no records of this Gyarados because he has not yet committed his crimes.

The ramifications of this could be immense. Can the future seen in the Echo World be altered? If you were to go to Coral Forest that day, could you find my past self? Or does it exist entirely separately, as much as it can be claimed to exist at all?

Are the pokemon within this world real, or simply echoes?

I cannot answer such a thing. At least, not yet. Our sample size of encounters in this “Echo World” is currently miniscule, and frankly, we need more data. I understand that my tale must have been hard to believe, and will damage my credibility in the future. These conclusions are understandable. I only hope this will not be the last we learn of this mysterious place - if it can be described as a place at all.

Items [I4]

Items Suspected to Belong to Coral Forest:

Tiny Reviver Seed (x2)
Heal Seed (x2)
Corsola Twig (x2)
Strange Ticket (x2)
Apple (x2)
TM Rain Dance (x2)
TM Water Pulse
Aspear Berry
Rainy Orb
Blue Gummi
Beauty Scarf
Special Band
Calcium

Items Suspected to Belong to the Echo World:

Apple
Warp Seed
Mysterious Flower
Mysterious Purple Seed

Items that were suspected to belong to the Echo World had a bluish tinge to them, and disappeared upon my return to the world we know. There were two exceptions: A blue flower and a purple seed. I hereby relinquish them from my possession and submit them to Windrose as my tangible proof of the Echo World’s existence. I leave the decision of what to do with them to my superiors.

Statistics [S5]

Most Plentiful Item: Tiny Reviver Seed, Heal Seed, Corsola Twig, Strange Ticket, Apple, TM Rain Dance (x2)
Most Plentiful Pokemon: Skrelp (x3)

Pokemon Encountered: 29
Items Encountered: 23

A Crumpled Ball of Paper in the Trash Can:
Back to top Go down

Location Report - Echo World ☼
Page 1 of 1