Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

An Adventure between two non-combatants

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
brooklynrage

brooklynrage

Poké : 1986

An Adventure between two non-combatants - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: An Adventure between two non-combatants   An Adventure between two non-combatants - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 6:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

Giles took another look at his mental list of places he still needed to visit. He has already been to the Northeastern Mountains, the West…twice, and around Grassveil. He still has to go to many places in this world, but he decided that he was going to wait until he got stronger. Rainforest Town was not that far away from Grassveil, and he has not ventured through there yet, so that is where he went. The town itself was not much of interest to the shuckle, but everything around it.

He heard of a hill that pokemon of his strength often go to. It was surrounded by woods, “probably another dungeon,” thought Giles. He gave the woods a good look. “I’m not sure if I can handle this all on my own. Well, it looks like I am going to have to find out now aren’t I?”

(15/25 energy, -10 from entrance)
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Evana

Evana

Poké : 7570

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure between two non-combatants   An Adventure between two non-combatants - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 11:11 pm

Niracamda thought for a moment. How was she going to test it? "Well, it depends really. If I am testing it as a medicine, someone has to eat it. Probably best a healthy person first to see if it is not poisonous. If I want to test if the herb is useful for treating wounds, I have to find a volunteer for it. It is helpful if they can tell me if it makes the pain feel worse or soothe it. There really is no other way in testing these things. Things can happen to the volunteers who test the medicine but they have chosen to test them. It doesn't make it any better though."

Niracamda did feel conflicted about having to rely on test subjects and volunteers. She knew it was to improve healthcare and all, but what if they ended up dying? It just seemed cruel that Pokemon have to die in order for others to live. Sadly, that was a rule in the world. There were Pokemon that ate other Pokemon so it was really not that much different, was it?
Back to top Go down
brooklynrage

brooklynrage

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure between two non-combatants   An Adventure between two non-combatants - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 7:59 pm

Giles listened as Nira explained how she was going to test her medicine. To Giles, it seemed that she had this all planned out, whether or not that was the case he could not tell.  “Those volunteers must be pretty brave, but then again, it seems to me that this is the only way. Shame that pokemon might get hurt in the process,” he said. Giles felt conflicted on this, he figured that there must be a way to do good without hurting others. He could not think of anything, so he had to let that be for now.

“Well what kind of plants are you looking for then? I probably cannot tell, but if you tell me what they look like then I can help you. Another set of eyes can hurt right?”
brooklynrage carried out 1 launched of one Pricklemist Hill :
An Adventure between two non-combatants - Page 2 Gcwmy2h
Back to top Go down
Evana

Evana

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure between two non-combatants   An Adventure between two non-combatants - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 8:19 pm

The Houndour nodded at Giles response. "They are. I wish there were other ways though." She could tell the Shuckle felt the same way about this.

Niracamda thought for a moment when Giles asked her what plants she was looking for. In all honesty, she had no clue and she studied these things. "Well, just about anything that catches your eye. There are a lot of plants here though so watch carefully. If you find something interesting just let me know." She answered. It might not have been the answer Giles had hoped for but she was going to research plants unknown to her after all.
Back to top Go down
brooklynrage

brooklynrage

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure between two non-combatants   An Adventure between two non-combatants - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 9:29 pm

“Any plant? Ok, that I can do.” Giles did not know what she meant by anything interesting because as was pointed out, he does not know what he is looking for. Giles began to wander around, but trying to keep Nira in his eyesight at all times in case the fog that she mentioned returned. When he was looking for a flower that “caught his eye,” he ran into something else that caught his eye.

It was a krictetune. The shuckle looked up at the bug pokemon hoping that it was not hostile. “Oh hello there, how is your day going?” He tried to say this loud enough that Nira would here that there was another pokemon here. Soon after saying that, he got worried. He thought that Nira did not like fighting, and got scared that she would just leave him there if things got bad.
Back to top Go down
Evana

Evana

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure between two non-combatants   An Adventure between two non-combatants - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 9:44 pm

Niracamda looked back at the Shuckle a few times, making sure he was still around as she tried to find any interesting plants. Just as she thought she found something, Giles' voice distracted her and made her look his way.

Who is he talking to? She thought as she started walking closer to them. The Kricketune let out a piercing cry as its arms got a greenish glow and prepared to attack. Niracamda didn't hesitate and rushed towards them. "Giles, watch out!" The Houndour cried as she jumped in front of the Shuckle. At that moment, the Kricketune slashed at her with Fury Cutter. Luckily for her, she had a type advantage but this was an attack that got stronger the more it got used.
Back to top Go down
brooklynrage

brooklynrage

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure between two non-combatants   An Adventure between two non-combatants - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 10:04 pm

Within a blink of an eye it all happened. The kricketune attack Giles but Nira jumped in front of him. “Must be instinct, for her to try and protect,” Giles thought. He knew that he would have been much better of taking the hit. While Nira’s type would help her, he knew that her defenses would not last in a long fight. Giles guess that because it used fury cutter, it would be. He used a withdraw and tried to make noise to gather its attention. “Nira, let me take the hits, I’ll be fine.”

After saying that Giles did not know what how this would go on. He knew that neither him or Nira would be willing to hit back, and this bug has no qualms about it. “I’ve got a bad feeling about this,” he muttered.
Back to top Go down
Evana

Evana

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure between two non-combatants   An Adventure between two non-combatants - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 10:42 pm

Niracamda staggered back. The Kricketune had shifted it's attention to the Shuckle once again. There was no way the bug would stop attacking them. She didn't know what went through the head of the feral, but she was now sure it wasn't friendly. They had to think of a way to chase it away. The shiny houndour hoped fire attacks would help. Bugs were weak against them after all. As the Kricketune attacked Giles, Niracamda took a deep breath and fired a few small flames above the head of the bug ss a warning, hoping it would get scared and run away. It was the first thing she could come up with. Running was out of the question as Giles seemed slow.
Back to top Go down
brooklynrage

brooklynrage

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure between two non-combatants   An Adventure between two non-combatants - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 5:42 pm

Giles noticed that Nira sent out a warning flame at the kricketune. He thought that he figured out what she was trying to accomplish, fear rather than harm. He tried to think of what he could do to aid her in this attempt. He could use a type advantage and use a rollout on it, but he knew that he could not stop it once he started.

He decided that he would stick to the nonviolent approach as well, especially with someone who wants to heal rather than harm. He worked up an acid and spat it out, aiming just next to the feral pokemon. He hoped that the acid in conjunction with the fire, it would scare the kricketune away.
[energy: 12/15]
Back to top Go down
Evana

Evana

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure between two non-combatants   An Adventure between two non-combatants - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 11:45 pm

Niracamada saw the bug move away from them. It seemed the tactic was working. To make it more realistic, Nira tried something she learned from her older brother. The small houndour curled up her lips and showed her fangs. A growling sound was coming out of her throat. Even with her small poisture, she still seemed pretty threatening.

The Kricketune looked at her for a moment. Niracamda thought she saw fear in its eyes. She moved closer. The bug backed away and finally fled. They managed to avoid fighting this time.

The shiny houndour was relieved. She sat down and looked like her normal self again. "Well, it's gone now. Are you alright?" She was a bit worried about her companion. She hoped he was oke.
Back to top Go down
brooklynrage

brooklynrage

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure between two non-combatants   An Adventure between two non-combatants - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 7:37 pm

Thankfully it seemed that Giles did understand Nira’s plan. After one more quick growl at the Kricketune, it ran back towards wherever it came from. Once Nira dropped her act of a fighter, she was back to her medic-y self. “Golly, that was pretty closer there huh? Seemly like we’re gonna have to just scare everything away?”

Giles gave out a long sigh, “this is going to be tougher than I thought. Since neither of us are going to want to fight, we really are going to have to stick together.” After he calmed down had to remember what they were doing before the kricketune. “So, did you find any interesting plants Nira?”
Back to top Go down
Evana

Evana

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure between two non-combatants   An Adventure between two non-combatants - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 9:19 pm

Niracamda was relieved that Giles seemed to be ok. "Yes, you are right. We really should stick together. I hope we won't encounter any more ferals." The Houndour looked around when the Shuckle asked if she found something. She thought she did see something interesting a bit further. "Um....I'm sure I saw something. Where did I see it?" Her eyes fell on some white flower a bit further away. "Oh right, there is some bindweed over there."

Niracamda walked towards the flower and sat down next to it. She looked at Giles. She knew a few things about this plant. If Giles wanted, she could explain a few things. "I'm pretty sure this plant only grows in this forest. This is the first time I lay my eyes on one actually." Niracamda was pretty happy she managed to find something.
Back to top Go down
brooklynrage

brooklynrage

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure between two non-combatants   An Adventure between two non-combatants - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 7:27 pm

Even after Nira agreed with what Giles said, he was still uneasy about their safety. While there is safety in numbers, that point is probably moot when neither is willing to fight. He just hoped that a feral would think twice on attacking a group of pokemon, rather than a single one. Trying to stay positive, Giles pushed those thoughts aside and listened as Nira talked about the flower that she found. “What does that plant do?” he asked.
Back to top Go down
Evana

Evana

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure between two non-combatants   An Adventure between two non-combatants - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 12:55 pm

Niracamda looked at the plant. "Well, this plant is used to fasten sticks to broken bones. This is meant to keep them in place. It would not be good if the bones were not in place when they heal. That could cause a few problems. It's why it is important to use something that would keep the bones in place. Normally a stick and some plant to bind it to the body does the trick. This is normally to heal broken limbs." Niracamda started explaining it to Giles. She tried to keep it simple. She didn't think Giles would understand medical terms.

"We didn't use bindweed in the hospital I worked. It was too much trouble to get it. Pricklemist was too far to just go get some. By the time we would have gotten the bindweed back, it might no longer be able to be used. We used something called rush instead. It is not as good as bindweed but it worked well enough. Niracamda looked at Giles. Her explanation might have taken a bit longer than she intended. She hoped he didn't mind. She could tell even more about the plant but she would be talking for a while then. That didn't seem like a good idea.
Back to top Go down
brooklynrage

brooklynrage

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure between two non-combatants   An Adventure between two non-combatants - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 7:07 pm

Giles nodded along as Nira explained to him what the bindweed was used for. Unsurprisingly, it was used for binding things. “Well that name is helpful. It’s not like a misnomer or anything. I don’t like misnomers, if something sound like it should do something, it should do it right?” A side comment that Nira made caught Giles off guard, that Pricklemist was too far away for the hospital that she worked for. “Wait, just how far away was the hospital is here isn’t worth it? This seems to me like a helpful plant.”

He sat and thought about the plants purpose. If all it was used was to keep something in place, then surely something less out there could be used. He then had an idea, “Wait if all it’s used for is keeping things in place, then would this work?” He then created a sticky web on the ground right in front of her. “Since it’s sticky it can hold onto the stick fine, then just coat it in something so it won’t stick to stuff, right?”
Back to top Go down
Evana

Evana

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure between two non-combatants   An Adventure between two non-combatants - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 11:23 pm

Niracamda nodded. She had to agree that some names could be very confusing. They could not change anything about it though. They could try to give it a different name but others would still be naming it the same way. The Houndour understood well enough why Pokemon were not a fan of such names.

The Shuckle seemed to be doing something then. Niracamda was confused at first but then she understood what he was doing. "I actually don't think it would work. The structure of the web is not right. Even if it could be used, I'm not sure how we would make it useable. It is an interesting idea though. I would need to test it."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure between two non-combatants   An Adventure between two non-combatants - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

An Adventure between two non-combatants
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next