Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

NPC Shopkeeper Idea

Go down 
+3
Lord E V
Dracorexion
Silver
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Silver

Silver

Poké : 6040

NPC Shopkeeper Idea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: NPC Shopkeeper Idea   NPC Shopkeeper Idea - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 6:58 am

First topic message reminder :

OK, I don't know if this idea has been thrown out there yet. But it seems to be a problem that the higher-leveled and older members all have in common -heck, even low-level members and new members seem to have this problem.

That problem is: influx of useless items.

How many times have we heard someone complaining in chat *cough*Draco*cough* that they have way too many items that they're never going to use, and that no one is really going to buy from them? The sticks, the major influx of the easily-rolled evolution items like leaf stone, Sun Ribbon; the tons of orbs that are not Trawl Orb/Itemizer orb -most people find all these items completely useless in their RPs except for flowery descriptions to add to their post.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have an NPC shopkeeper that bought these items at a fixed price? Probably a lowered price than what the item is actually worth, but it's better than nothing and having all these items sitting around in people's inventories, gathering dust and cluttering up the Character Records?

Not to mention, if a Record Checker decided to go and check on items to make sure people aren't giving themselves stuff willy-nilly.... -shudders- The older member's records are just cluttered with items... so many items... -looks at Aku's inventory and shudders- So... yeah. Just an idea. It would be nice to be able to dump the items with a small amount of poke to go with.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

PostSubject: Re: NPC Shopkeeper Idea   NPC Shopkeeper Idea - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 2:59 am

Dracorexion wrote:
*resists the urge to mention the original use for Stamina bands was knocking off 30% of the energy cost of all rolls but was changed due to seeming too op*

Doing a piss pour job of it it seems -_- honestly if you're going to type out the reason you're "resisting" you might as well just fkin say it. Also that IS too op. Imagine going into someplace high leveled with stuff that takes off 50 energy, it's at that high of a count for a reason and 2 energy off of encounters can make a difference in a few extra rolls later.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Poké : 9495

PostSubject: Re: NPC Shopkeeper Idea   NPC Shopkeeper Idea - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 3:59 am

30% would make the world Sova's playground. I don't think any of you want that to be any more true than it already is. Lets keep stamina bands how they are.
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

Poké : 1760

PostSubject: Re: NPC Shopkeeper Idea   NPC Shopkeeper Idea - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 3:20 pm

Well I wasn't really trying to resist, twas a joke. Also stamina bands had many different ideas for uses until the one it has now came about. Such as cutting dungeon energy requirements by 1/3, or healing 5 energy per page, or my favorite: nothing.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: NPC Shopkeeper Idea   NPC Shopkeeper Idea - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 4:08 pm

Ooh, that last one is so interesting, so innovative. Who thought of that one and why wasn't it chosen!?
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

Poké : 1760

PostSubject: Re: NPC Shopkeeper Idea   NPC Shopkeeper Idea - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 4:58 pm

Well it was essentially supposed to be a gag joke, you spend rare items a fair amount of money to make it, only to have it do nothing in return and just be there.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: NPC Shopkeeper Idea   NPC Shopkeeper Idea - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 5:06 pm

The fact that you gave me a serious reply worries me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NPC Shopkeeper Idea   NPC Shopkeeper Idea - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

NPC Shopkeeper Idea
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2