Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Extra Thread Slots

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Poké : 9495

Extra Thread Slots Empty
PostSubject: Extra Thread Slots   Extra Thread Slots EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 9:08 am

For the most part, the rules and regulations of this site are pretty well thought-out. However, there are a few issues that have needed addressing and so far, people have done a good job of doing so. That doesn't mean the site's perfect, though, and I think there's another issue with an easy fix that I feel should be talked about: the limit on thread slots per character.

Normally, this is a pretty good regulation to put in place. It limits newbies and stops people from spamming threads then dropping all of them suddenly. It also promotes making more characters. However, for people dedicated to just one or two or so characters and the rare few who can handle having five slots filled on more than one character at a time and still want more, this rule is a bit unfair. Of course, just lifting the rule from certain people would be unfair to others as it would require a possibly biased judgement call, so here's a solution.

Allow members to purchase more thread slots for characters. For instance, five more slots for the same cost as a normal character.  If someone is dedicated to only one character, they then have to work just as hard and show just as much determination to want more slots on that character as someone who wants a new character, so it seems fair.  Now, this solution isn't foolproof and I know there may be some issues, but I feel it is an improvement on the current system and is probably the best option.  Of course, to be fair, I will go over the pros and cons of this solution.

Pros:
- Fair treatment towards members who can handle a larger amount of threads and do not want to make more characters to achieve such an amount.
- Promotes more activity from members who decide they want more slots, but don't want more characters.
- Makes dead threads less devastating to active members who get stuck in them.

Cons:
- If slots are filled, character could rise in levels faster than the normal character and other characters may be unable to keep up without also purchasing another thread slot.
- @Bird will spontaneously combust with excitement and rainbows and we will no longer be able to roleplay with the amazing innocence that is Varda.
- Promotes people to play favorites with their own characters and avoid using their characters evenly.

Other Solutions:
-Extra Threads become available over time.
-Get Extra Threads from events.
-Lower amount of time it takes for a dead thread to be considered dead(Current amount: 30 days.)
-Let's be honest here, these solutions suck.  There can only be one.
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

Poké : 12294

Extra Thread Slots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extra Thread Slots   Extra Thread Slots EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 2:38 pm

Hah, I suggested the exact same thing about extra slots costing about the same as a new character (5000 for five, maybe you could only buy one of them at a time for 1000 though?) some time ago, but I guess they had other things to work on back then. It would be pretty fair, as then you have to choose between a new character or more slots for an old character.

I will also spontaneously combust if we get more slots, yes.
Back to top Go down
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

Poké : 9308

Extra Thread Slots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extra Thread Slots   Extra Thread Slots EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 9:23 pm

I think that would make a fair bargain for pricing everything at a thousand per slot.
That would also make sense for first time characters since you make a character and it cost 5K.
Using that 5K gives you the 5 slots.

Now, about the reduction in inactivity limit. Making it more restrictive.

If we were to do this, I strongly believe that we should also reduce the mission inactivity limit, since it already follows thread inactivity levels. However, in all honesty... I think it would be a great idea to implement both of them.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

Extra Thread Slots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extra Thread Slots   Extra Thread Slots EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 7:32 pm

Oh yea I can totally dig the 5K for 5 new slots option. Especially for peeps like Bird who don't plan on having any other characters.
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org
Silver

Silver

Poké : 6040

Extra Thread Slots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extra Thread Slots   Extra Thread Slots EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 4:55 am

omg this would be so cool! THEN I CAN GET IN WITH VARDA -is promptly shot-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Extra Thread Slots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extra Thread Slots   Extra Thread Slots Empty

Back to top Go down

Extra Thread Slots
Page 1 of 1