Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Thread Slots Suggestion

Go down 
3 posters

What do YOU think of this idea? [Please Elaborate Your Answer Below]
I like this idea! It should be brought in.
Thread Slots Suggestion I_vote_lcap40%Thread Slots Suggestion I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 4 ]
I like this idea, but there's a few problems that need to be sorted first.
Thread Slots Suggestion I_vote_lcap50%Thread Slots Suggestion I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 5 ]
I do not like this idea.
Thread Slots Suggestion I_vote_lcap10%Thread Slots Suggestion I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

Thread Slots Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Thread Slots Suggestion   Thread Slots Suggestion EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 8:32 am

Welcome to my suggestion thread, here we will be covering the idea of the limited amount of thread slots people are allowed to have.

Now, I know why this was made. This rule was made to prevent people from making threads willy nilly and just never completing them just so they can get their precious items. This suggestion has to do with people who are not interested in getting items and wish to RP in more simpler places like Small Pond, Grassveil, Rainfront, and Ailreon. This could also apply to people who just want to rp in a dungeon, but not want to have to deal with any encounters and aren't interested in items.

This suggestion is basically to have the thread limit only apply to threads that hold dice usage in them, better known as dungeon crawling threads.

This suggestion will allow people to have as many threads as they think they can handle, but they will not be receiving the benefits of getting a ton of items for their own gain since they can only have five dungeon threads. These threads could easily be tracked by requiring people to place [DUNGEON] in their thread title when they are performing a dungeon crawl for their thread. Any thread that does not have that in the title, is simply a social thread where no dice are allowed to be used. Threads that do not have dice will NOT be counted towards the limited thread count.

This will encourage people to participate in the other areas that lack dice, since it will not take up a slot that could be dedicated to getting items for their pokemon. This will also allow for more inactive members to have a shot at getting some progress on their character, though it may be slow, without hindering the other person they are roleplaying with. A slow RPer might not be able to even get threads with certain people simply because of their busy schedule.

Yes, buying slots is definitely a thing and it has most certainly helped, but this only helps the older members. Newbies might be hesitant to rp with a slower member because they do not have access to 1000 poke. Newbies might also be put down for rping simply because they are new and newbies are known to poof usually within the first week to the first month and people are afraid that they will get stuck with an inactive thread. This option would give newbies a chance to progress and rp with other characters in non-dungeon threads and get some progress with their characters since other members won't have to worry about it taking up thread slots.

I'm not saying we should get rid of it entirely, but more so limit the thread slots so that they only apply to dungeons and social threads are free to be a bit more common. If you have any thoughts or concerns, please leave them below.

Other Suggestions

@LordEV -  Just stick to allowing this in places that simply don't have dice.
12/30/2016 EDIT: Adjusted Main post to reflect Lord E V's suggestion. Struck out the old parts of the proposal so people would not be confused when reading the old comments and think others are simply going insane.

Last edited by BlueKat12 on Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Poké : 9495

PostSubject: Re: Thread Slots Suggestion   Thread Slots Suggestion EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 8:37 am

I'd suggest just sticking to allowing this in places that simply don't have dice. The suggestion of people marking whether or not they intend to roll the dice in a dungeon thread is too much to expect the staff members to reasonably keep track of, and honestly, members would be very likely to screw it up. It's just too likely to go wrong. However, there's no such risk if "social threads" are limited to places that just don't have dice, so I don't see much of a problem there.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: Thread Slots Suggestion   Thread Slots Suggestion EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 11:33 am

I was going to wait until more people posted before adding stuff to the first post, but seeing as yall are quiet as hell here's a bump along with a notification that Sova's suggestion was added to the first post.
Back to top Go down
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

Poké : 9308

PostSubject: Re: Thread Slots Suggestion   Thread Slots Suggestion EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 9:33 pm

I'd like to state that I likes Sova's alteration to the idea. It is a bit of a pain to keep track of and newer members and older members that are not up to date with the rules may make the mistake easily...
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: Thread Slots Suggestion   Thread Slots Suggestion EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 10:31 pm

Looking back this does make more sense, i'll be editing the first post to reflect this change so there is not confusion later on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thread Slots Suggestion   Thread Slots Suggestion Empty

Back to top Go down

Thread Slots Suggestion
Page 1 of 1