Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Solo Threads.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jikumo

Jikumo

Poké : 1176

Solo Threads. Empty
PostSubject: Solo Threads.   Solo Threads. EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 2:50 pm

Ok, I know this seems really stupid and you've heard it a lot, but hear me out.

Limiting everyone to roleplay with a partner really limits how much we can do at once. Say we need to spam a dungeon for a bit just to find some item we really want, or even just level up a bit just so we can catch up to our friends? Well, we'd have to find a person to partner up with, and sometimes that person doesn't post as fast as we'd like. Even finding a person to rp with isn't very easy, as not everyone likes to go in the cbox or PM to chat about it. I'm not saying people are untrustworthy...but sometimes...just aren't they? Not everyone has the same posting speed as some of us..I guess I'd call myself "enthusiastic" rpers. They think of the site as a thing they look at for two seconds, post something half-assed, and walk away from for another week or so. I know that's an exaggeration, but it just feels like it. Whenever things like this happen, I sigh inwardly and think, "Well, I wish I could do this by myself so I could get this done quicker." So I really think this forum needs SOME kind of way we could do threads by ourselves. I wouldn't even mind if its only quests, just SOMETHING we could do that allows us to pass the time while feeling like we're accomplishing something. There could be something like a 1 solo limit, or a 24 hour post limit, or something.

Discuss what you think would be a good idea here.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

Solo Threads. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solo Threads.   Solo Threads. EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:48 pm

The only real EFFECTIVE solo system that I know of is what I use on my site, the separate forum for each dungeon (so as to not make short posts and spam the poke) and grading system. Which is basically the user types out an entire adventure in a route/dungeon and a mod comes by to grade it once it's finished. Although this is convenient for the users if they have nothing to do, but for the staff it CAN be a nightmare if people end up using it ALL the time(grading is just as difficult as making one, and trust me making one is a f*cking nightmare featuring Discord AND Nightmare Moon).

It would be a lot of work to get this set up, and people who think they write like shakespheare might become angered if they get a low "Grade"

Also I am unsure of whether this is a plus or a minus but, the point of rping is for characters to interact, making a Single thread or a Mono-RP would be more for telling stories and shoving it in someone's face for them to criticize and the butt hurt would be great if they're not the best of writers.

So unless you have a better system, i'd say no.
Back to top Go down
Jikumo

Jikumo

Solo Threads. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solo Threads.   Solo Threads. EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 4:42 am

Well, if there were a ton of people making solo threads, you could limit it to 1 per person and they have to wait 24 hours after they've done one to make another. I know that the point of this is for interaction, but sometimes there's nobody to interact with or you're not comfortable with the people who are there to rp with.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Solo Threads. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solo Threads.   Solo Threads. EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 5:48 am

Even with limiting it to one person, it would put a huge and unnecessary workload on staff. The 24 hour mark would not matter as it pretty much takes a week to make a good story worthy of a big amount of points. As for not being able to find someone to rp with, there's always offering to rp on the chatbox and the character discussion thread. You could even personally pm someone to make an rp with. you could also create Open threads like I have when I am unable to find someone to rp with, as for activity there's nothing that can be helped with that. It's not the other person's fault that life catches up with them. They're people too, and they have problems of their own and that needs to be respected. If they do not reply within a month (three weeks) then the topic can be considered dead and you can drop it from your active list. If the person ANNOUNCES that they are going to be leaving for more than a month then you may drop the topic into a "temporarily inactive" list and make another while they're gone. As for not being comfortable with who you rp with, I am unsure with what you mean. If you mean with how they rp, length grammar ect. you can simply ask them to fix their mistakes.
Back to top Go down
Jikumo

Jikumo

Solo Threads. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solo Threads.   Solo Threads. EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 5:56 am

Meh, I can obviously see that I'm not going to win this. I hate it when people continuously argue against these kinds of things instead of trying to see the good in it Dx
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Solo Threads. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solo Threads.   Solo Threads. EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 6:18 am

I see the good in it, there's just too many issues and ways to deal with the problem in another way. It's a good idea, but there's ways to solve it without having to implement an entire system people are either going to spam and over work the staff or never going to use it and put all the work to waste. Now is really not the time to be implementing huge systems anyways as we're STILL trying to get the energy system straight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Solo Threads. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solo Threads.   Solo Threads. Empty

Back to top Go down

Solo Threads.
Page 1 of 1