Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Whodunnit? The Game

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
JeffMandM

JeffMandM

Poké : 1280

Whodunnit? The Game Empty
PostSubject: Whodunnit? The Game   Whodunnit? The Game EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 11:05 pm

Whodunnit? The Game 35118

Welcome to Rue Manor.

This idea of mine was based off of the murder-mystery tv game show under the name, Whodunnit? The show is basically clue, but instead of just one person dying, the people who guess incorrectly or leave out a few details are the ones on the chopping block. The rules are simple: A murder will occur, you have 18 hours to look at three places: the morgue, the crime scene, and the victim's last known whereabouts (where they were last seen alive). Your job as contestants is to find out how the murder was committed, while trying to find out who did it. The twist is that the killer could be any of the contestants. After the murder is solved by whoever guesses correctly, the rest of you will be told how the murder was committed by a letter from the killer. Then you all will get cards saying "Spared", which means you are off the hook in the killer's eyes, or "Scared," which means you could be next to die.

Now, here are my twists and the differences of this game to the game Werewolf.

Twists:

I will appoint who will be the killer for each game, as in whodunnit? But the thing is I won't tell you who's the killer, and neither will the killer. The killer has control over how people die, but they report to me in a private message who dies and how. I post who dies on the topic, and then we move onto the next murder. 18 hours is more than enough time to come up with hypotheses on how they died, but I will give text clues in the second part of the game: finding the answers to riddles the killer has left behind.

Points system: I will be using a point system to keep track of everything that goes on in Rue Manor. Points are basically your life points, you must get at least 15 out of 20 points when you state your hypothesis (more commonly known as state your case) to the killer to move on, the people with the lowest scores are on the chopping block. I know your scores and the killer knows your scores. No one else knows until the end of the episode, when you find out who is spared and who is scared.

No lynching: Unlike werewolf, there is no lynching.

and that was a long post, your choice to sign up.

Jeff, your host at rue manor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whodunnit? The Game   Whodunnit? The Game EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 11:12 pm

I HAVE AN INVITATION TO CRASH THIS PARTY!

May I please sign up to the game? ^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whodunnit? The Game   Whodunnit? The Game EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 11:39 pm

I guess I shall... join too ^^ I might not do much soooo blegh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whodunnit? The Game   Whodunnit? The Game EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 4:52 am

I wish to join this game Gini!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whodunnit? The Game   Whodunnit? The Game EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 6:42 am

Before I join, have you received specific approval from Meeper, as Savato has?
Back to top Go down
JeffMandM

JeffMandM

PostSubject: Re: Whodunnit? The Game   Whodunnit? The Game EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 1:41 pm

I asked her yesterday and she didn't respond, so she might either have accepted it or is thinking about it. If she declines my request we can change the game into a rp, so we can keep this going.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whodunnit? The Game   Whodunnit? The Game EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:57 pm

Just because you call it a roleplay doesn't make it a roleplay. Make sure that this actually involves role playing if you want to get it excused.
Regardless, I'm in. Although you should note that while 18 hours is more than enough time to form a hypotheses, people may not be online for all of those 18 hours - perhaps he may only be on for two hours, or has to leave for a day.
Also, you should ensure that the clues you make both make sense and are not TOO revealing.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

Poké : 380

PostSubject: Re: Whodunnit? The Game   Whodunnit? The Game EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 3:02 pm

I'm interested and thus in.

To quore Discord: "The worst, that could happen is that you fail miserably."
I shall live by those words.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whodunnit? The Game   Whodunnit? The Game EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 3:15 pm

I'd like to join, this seems like fun
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

PostSubject: Re: Whodunnit? The Game   Whodunnit? The Game EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 5:54 pm

Game has my seal of approval for now.

I'd like to join as well to see what it's like, though I've never seen the show so scuse any epic fails on my part.
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org
JeffMandM

JeffMandM

PostSubject: Re: Whodunnit? The Game   Whodunnit? The Game EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 11:53 pm

OK, thanks for the follow-up, reena. :3 I'm surprised at how well this is turning out.

Ant, I see your point, so I'm upping the hours needed for coming up with a case to 32 hours. So then I can make it a little more fair for the people not on all the time.

And 7 people should be good. and with that we can begin. again, note that the killer will be referred to as "The Killer."

Game start:

Rue Manor, a stately mansion atop a gorgeous hilltop valley, is a very much desired place to go visit again and again. But this lengthy visit that was arranged for 7 people may go in another direction.....

Players:

Akanewie
Xeryd
Dragon43557
antonm1107
Savato
ConnieZo
SereneLittleRose

You have arrived at Rue Manor. The limousine drives away to its parking spot as the gates shut calmly behind it. The sun shines brightly on this cool Monday morning. A butler walks out onto the mansion's front patio. "Welcome. to Rue Manor!" He gestures at the ginormous building in front of you.

Whodunnit? The Game Rue_Manor

"I have taken the liberty of preparing your rooms, you should go unpack there." He motions you inside.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whodunnit? The Game   Whodunnit? The Game EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 4:07 pm

((May I request that you spoiler your recolors to prevent the necessity of my scrolling up each time I look up at your post?
Also, what are we doing. You didn't make it clear what we're supposed to do here. Are we supposed to roleplay? If so, what are our names? Do we refer to ourselves as our usernames, or can we name our characters different things?))
Back to top Go down
JeffMandM

JeffMandM

PostSubject: Re: Whodunnit? The Game   Whodunnit? The Game EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 5:23 pm

(Yeah ok, you don't have to rp since reena accepted the request for game, so treat it like a game.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whodunnit? The Game   Whodunnit? The Game EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 8:22 pm

(So something like this then?)

Connie >Goes inside, checks out all the decor of the room

(Basically what I do in any and every game when entering a new place XD)
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

PostSubject: Re: Whodunnit? The Game   Whodunnit? The Game EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 9:42 pm

Rose: >Step inside and politely ask the butler which direction your room is in.
           ==> Proceed to check out room decor and neatly unpack.

(Also Jeff i'd suggest keeping some RP elements with it too. It just makes it more fun in my opinion |D)
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whodunnit? The Game   Whodunnit? The Game Empty

Back to top Go down

Whodunnit? The Game
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next