Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Whodunnit? The Game

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
JeffMandM

JeffMandM

Poké : 1280

Whodunnit? The Game - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Whodunnit? The Game   Whodunnit? The Game - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 11:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

Whodunnit? The Game - Page 3 35118

Welcome to Rue Manor.

This idea of mine was based off of the murder-mystery tv game show under the name, Whodunnit? The show is basically clue, but instead of just one person dying, the people who guess incorrectly or leave out a few details are the ones on the chopping block. The rules are simple: A murder will occur, you have 18 hours to look at three places: the morgue, the crime scene, and the victim's last known whereabouts (where they were last seen alive). Your job as contestants is to find out how the murder was committed, while trying to find out who did it. The twist is that the killer could be any of the contestants. After the murder is solved by whoever guesses correctly, the rest of you will be told how the murder was committed by a letter from the killer. Then you all will get cards saying "Spared", which means you are off the hook in the killer's eyes, or "Scared," which means you could be next to die.

Now, here are my twists and the differences of this game to the game Werewolf.

Twists:

I will appoint who will be the killer for each game, as in whodunnit? But the thing is I won't tell you who's the killer, and neither will the killer. The killer has control over how people die, but they report to me in a private message who dies and how. I post who dies on the topic, and then we move onto the next murder. 18 hours is more than enough time to come up with hypotheses on how they died, but I will give text clues in the second part of the game: finding the answers to riddles the killer has left behind.

Points system: I will be using a point system to keep track of everything that goes on in Rue Manor. Points are basically your life points, you must get at least 15 out of 20 points when you state your hypothesis (more commonly known as state your case) to the killer to move on, the people with the lowest scores are on the chopping block. I know your scores and the killer knows your scores. No one else knows until the end of the episode, when you find out who is spared and who is scared.

No lynching: Unlike werewolf, there is no lynching.

and that was a long post, your choice to sign up.

Jeff, your host at rue manor.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
JeffMandM

JeffMandM

PostSubject: Re: Whodunnit? The Game   Whodunnit? The Game - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 10:13 pm

The butler flips over the corpse, finding a medium-sized hole in her neck. "Well, I think the killer has left a message for us." He pulls out a small scroll from the hole. "I have used this opportunity to my advantage for us to play a diabolical game." He drops the scroll. "Oh no. Well, I know what game the killer is talking about." He stands up again, motioning everybody back inside. "Go inside, I'll explain there. Then the remaining maids can get the body down to the morgue." He said. He explained about the killer's game of life and death, and at the end stated, "Just know that the killer could be in this very room for all we know." He said. "Now, who would like to go back to the crime scene to examine the surroundings of where the maid fell?"

(Crime scene will be described when everyone has dispersed to their desired location, as it is done in the show. When the investigating is done in the crime scene, we will pan to the morgue, and the same for the last known.)
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

Poké : 380

PostSubject: Re: Whodunnit? The Game   Whodunnit? The Game - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 10:15 pm

Dr. Savato: Freak out, question the butler's knowledge about this "game", choose the MORGUE.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whodunnit? The Game   Whodunnit? The Game - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 10:49 pm

Xeryd: Just stand there, not knowing what to do, and say... but eventually go to the crime scene..

Last edited by Xeryd on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whodunnit? The Game   Whodunnit? The Game - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 10:57 pm

>Decide to go to the Crime Scene
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whodunnit? The Game   Whodunnit? The Game - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 11:36 pm

Dragon>Goes to the victims last know whereabouts. "Hopefully there are some answers there."

(so by locations you mean the morgue crime scene and victims last known whereabouts?)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whodunnit? The Game   Whodunnit? The Game - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 12:54 am

Akanewie ==> Have a protest. "Oi! Can't we just wait for the authorities arrive? It sounds like you know who's the killer though! So can't you just tell us? Aren't you a little bit worried that you might be next on the list?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whodunnit? The Game   Whodunnit? The Game - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 7:33 am

I go down to the crime scene, hardly aware that anything is goi-"OH MY GOD, THERE'S A CORPSE. AND THERE'S A ****ING HOLE IN HER NECK."

(Please be more specific with 'hole'; is it a bullethole? Does it go all the way through? Could you put a fist through it, hypothetically? Is it circular or more like a line? A stab or a dent?)
Back to top Go down
JeffMandM

JeffMandM

PostSubject: Re: Whodunnit? The Game   Whodunnit? The Game - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 10:17 pm

dragon: yes.)
(Ant: I'll be giving clues when each character goes to their desired location. The hole in the maid's neck is not hollow enough to put a fist through. Although it is medium sized.)

The butler looks at Akanewie. "There are no "authorities" out here." he replied.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whodunnit? The Game   Whodunnit? The Game - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 2:51 am

"How about one of us gets a cell phone, yeah? And then if the police doesn't reply, we call the ****ING ARMY, or tie this asshat up because he's knowingly left us here with a MURDERER."

(DEFINE MEDIUM SIZED. Hypothetically, if it WAS hollow enough to fit a fist, would it be large enough? What SHAPE is the hole? How hollow IS IT? COME ON, DESCRIBE IT MORE! WE'RE DETECTIVES, WE NEED PRECISE INFORMATION.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whodunnit? The Game   Whodunnit? The Game - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 3:58 am

(Antom you are a detail hoarder. Not every single detail needs to be stated to the last millimeter)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whodunnit? The Game   Whodunnit? The Game - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 4:55 am

(YES IT DOES. We're trying to figure out what happened; if it's not large enough for a fist, the murder weapon could have been something like a cane. If it's about the size of a fist, it could be a vase. If it's hollow, or extremely dented, it would have to be used at a high speed, or by somebody strong. WE NEED TO KNOW THIS STUFF.
In fact, we need to know every detail of the house, including how many rooms there are that we know of, the floor plan, what objects there are and where they SHOULD be, etc.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whodunnit? The Game   Whodunnit? The Game - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 2:19 pm

((I agree with Ant. There should be something like a map of the house/mansion at least, a list of workers/NPCs and perhaps possible murder weapons. We should have fleshed out our own character, because if the killer is indeed strong, then how would we know?

Maybe this should be more like Clues instead of a TV show. =/ Clues is a board game which is pretty fun though! ^^))

Akanewie ==> "Are you saying that we're stuck in the middle of nowhere? Where the heck do you get the food? Maybe we could follow the water pipes to the closest town! Obviously these maids and servants HAVE to live somewhere! In fact, who was that maid who died? You're treating her as if she was just another pig which was slaughtered!" Complain, complain, babble, complain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whodunnit? The Game   Whodunnit? The Game - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 2:28 pm

((we get the clues and details after everyone is in chosen rooms. And why entire house when we are only using crime scene, morgue, and last known whereabouts?)
Gage>Finally found his way around the house and found the where she had fallen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whodunnit? The Game   Whodunnit? The Game - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 3:35 pm

((Uh, I don't think you get the point Dragon.

We're looking at the body and how there's not enough evidence or detail to even decide if she was stabbed or what not. "There's a medium size hole" doesn't really explain anything. What IS medium? Makes me think of a burger. =/ What's small and large, too? Plus, necks aren't that huge so the picture in my head is that there's a wound quite large on her neck, but that doesn't make sense because it's a MEDIUM sized wound! Even if we find clues, how are we suppose to know if they're clues?

In every murder mystery, crime or case, there should be witnesses. Like, maybe a close friend. So, I believe that we should also question the NPCs.

Plus, how would we know if the clues aren't like "You found a... Piece of cloth!" What does the cloth look like? What colour? What size? Is it ripped? Where was it found?

Still, how about our characters? In the next game, I suggest that Jeff should make a list of characters for the players so we know who's who. =/ It'd make things easier. For example;

Akanewie's character:
Name: Anna
Quick bio: Was an Ex movie star and single. Fragile, swift.

And stuff like that. Plus, what about motives and alibis? This is a murder case, y'know. ^^'' Maaaybe I am over thinking it... Still. =/))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whodunnit? The Game   Whodunnit? The Game - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 4:17 pm

(I probably don't but you guys are asking for clues basically. And we don't get clues and evidence til everyone picks a location
And I'm assuming he will give suspects with back stories and will get a more detailed answer of the scenes.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whodunnit? The Game   Whodunnit? The Game - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Whodunnit? The Game
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next