Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

What the fliers found.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

What the fliers found. Empty
PostSubject: What the fliers found.   What the fliers found. EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 10:26 pm

Sylvia stood in a small distance in front of the guild headquarters. She had been up early in the morning setting up a few fliers around town, posted on a few walls, and left in a stack upon the counter of one of the item shops. The fliers read as followed:

- SEEKING AN EXPLORATION PARTNER -

Ever wonder what lies outside of Grassveil Town? Do you seek an adventure the likes of which few have dreamed? Take one of these fliers to the front of the guild headquarters if you are ever so interested. I hope our journey will be ever pleasant.

I will be awaiting your arrival,

Sylvia the Chingling.

It was simple and to the point. She hoped at least someone in this small town was seeking greater things, and wondrous explorations. Sylvia did not have too many friends left around here, being as they all went off to explore before her. To bide her time awaiting anyone who was inquiring about the fliers, she began to hum. It was an odd sound, due to the ringing from the ball in her mouth, and she hoped if someone was having troubles finding her that this might remedy the situation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What the fliers found.   What the fliers found. EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 10:32 pm

Meanwhile, a Ditto named Mimic was rustling among the bushes located at the edge of town. She was peering through the bushes and secretly watching the passerby- not in an eerie way, she just was searching for someone that looked… welcoming, perhaps? She didn’t fully know why, she simply felt compelled to search for a friendly face. Anything to make this transition from hiding to being social easier on herself.

After a time without luck, she decided maybe she’d need to venture further out, beyond the safety and concealment of the brush. She was reluctant, but decided it had to be done if she were to meet a friend. At least she could be Transformed as she did. She felt more confident that way. Thinking quickly, she decided that the most natural form to take at this time was of a Clefairy- that way her lack of being able to Transform colors other than pink and purple wouldn’t matter. Sure, she was a slightly different shade than real Clefairy- and had violet markings rather than brown- but that would be overlooked for the most part. She could potentially remain unnoticed, as she liked. Gathering up her courage, she stepped out of the brush in her Clefairy form.

She glanced around a bit, and saw a circle of Pokemon surrounding what appeared to be a miniature bulletin board outside; for it was covered in posters. She walked over to them slowly, not wanting to seem out of the ordinary by getting too excited.

Just as she was about to greet them, the small band of Pokemon rushed off in an apparent hurry, sending papers flying.

Just great, she sighed. Now what am I to do? She decided to examine the bulletin board- perhaps it had an answer for her? Scanning its contents, she found personal ads, a flyer for training at a dojo, requests for assistance at some local shops… unfortunately, nothing of which could apply to her. She sighed again, stepping away from the board and heading towards some nearby shops. A sudden sharp gust of wind sent a paper smacking right into her face. Embarrassed, she peeled the flyer off her face and glanced around to make sure no one saw. No one. Thank goodness.

Peering at the paper, she realized it was a flyer for a Pokemon seeking an exploration partner. She smiled. What luck! Reading quickly, her smile grew as she skimmed across the phrase “Do you seek an adventure?” It was perfect! Now she just had to find the Pokemon. It was signed “Sylvia the Chingling”… but, Mimic didn’t know what a Chingling was, she had never met one yet. Glancing around the clearing, she wondered where this Sylvia could be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What the fliers found.   What the fliers found. EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 5:28 am

Sylvia was growing slightly tired of waiting to see if anyone had found the fliers. "Seems to be a futile effort to find willing explorers around this town." She yawned, tired from being up so early. About to just head home for the day she noticed a Clefairy holding a piece of paper. But it wasn't just any piece of paper, it was one of the fliers.

She hopped over with a slight enthusiasm. She was a bit shorter than the Clefairy, as Chinglings are not known for their size. "If I were to assume that you were looking to join me in my adventure, would I be making a correct assumption?" She looked up at the pudgy, pink pokemon before her. She hadn't yet seen a Clefairy. "And I love the curl in your hair, rather lovely." Sylvia couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't entirely correct about this Clefairy, despite never seeing one before. There was simply something... off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What the fliers found.   What the fliers found. EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 10:18 pm

What the fliers found. Mimic_meets_sylvia_by_eevie_chu-d5lxm2e

Mimic stood silently for a moment, in a slight shock that she was spoken to so naturally. Is this what it’s like to talk to a friend? It’s rather nice… Wait! She shook her head suddenly to snap out of her thoughts. I need to respond!

“Um… er…..” Mimic began nervously. She scratched her head as she tried to think of what to say. Remembering the compliment, she began, “T-thank you. You must be Sylvia, right? Yes, I’d certainly like to go on an adventure. I think we could make a great team, and…” She kept on babbling a bit, as her courage finally showed through.

As she babbled, she suddenly remembered that this was a two-way conversation, and quieted herself, looking to the Chingling for a response. But it appeared that the Chingling was focusing more on Mimic’s appearance than her words. Oh no! Mimic thought. Can she tell I’m not a Clefairy? Feelings of doubt and worry pulsed through her, making her feel sweaty and uncomfortable. She squinted up at the sun and held up a puffy pink arm to shield her eyes. Why did it feel so hot suddenl- OH NO!

Embarrassment flooded through Mimic as the heat made her form waver, and slowly start to puddle at her feet. I guess the Meowth’s out of the bag. Better make the best of it…

She slowly reverted to her origin form, the flyer sticking halfway in her side. She plucked it out awkwardly, unfolding the crinkles, and avoiding looking at Sylvia for fear of the expression on her face.

“I’m Mimic...the Ditto.” She offered in explanation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What the fliers found.   What the fliers found. EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 12:06 am

Sylvia smiled and waited, noticing that this Clefairy wasn't the most quick to respond. She nodded along as the pink pokemon began to ramble a little, and when she finally stopped Sylvia responded calmly with "I am indeed Sylvia the Chingling. Same one from that-" She cut off, noticing the Clefairy getting nervous and embarrassed. "Something the mat-" She stopped again, as the Clefairy literally melted from embarrassment.

"Oh my." Sylvia was more than a little bit flabbergasted. She wasn't quite sure what she had just witnessed. But then it became abundantly clear to her as the pokemon before her took it's gooey, shapeless form. She laughed a little, having seen a few Dittos before. "Well it's a pleasure to meet you, Mimic."

Sylvia nodded happily. "Seems like this will be a grand adventure already."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What the fliers found.   What the fliers found. EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 2:37 am

Mimic stood in awe, mouth agape. This Chingling really seemed to accept her. Hehe, she even had laughed! Perhaps this was the start of a great friendship. Mimic certainly hoped so. She smiled warmly at the thought.

For a few seconds she allowed herself to carefully study Sylvia; after all, this was to be her new friend and travel partner. Letting her strong memory take in all of Sylvia’s features, she felt confident that if ever the need arose, she could Transform into a Chingling from now on. Perhaps Sylvia could find amusement in that, too.

“If you’d really like me to be your partner, I’d gladly accept.” Mimic said. “I think it would be really fun, and help us get the chance to know each other better! As well as learn about other places than Grassveil.” She looked off into the distance, noticing the Guild headquarters not too far off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What the fliers found.   What the fliers found. EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 9:01 am

Sylvia nodded happily in agreement. "This is our first step out of this boring town. We're going to make it big for sure." She said this with a certain excitement in her voice. She had always longed to see the outside world, and it was finally happening. Sylvia, realizing that her emotions had gotten out a little too much quickly changed her demeanor to calm and collected once more. "Well the real first step is getting signed up in the guild. Shall we?"

She then began walking in the direction of the guild, admiring all of the wonderful statues and knicknacks that were placed around the entrance. Sylvia had thought about going into the guild before, but the last time there was a guard, and she had chickened out. This time she was ready for... No one. There wasn't a guard in sight. With a shrug, she walked into the headquarters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What the fliers found.   What the fliers found. EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 4:56 pm

Mimic followed closely behind, curious as to the sudden silence in the clearing. Perhaps it was related to why those Pokemon had run away before? She didn’t know for sure. Yet still, the ball of both excitement and worry was building up in the pit of her stomach. Breathing in slowly, she calmed herself and continued to follow behind Sylvia, wondering what to do next. Then she remembered something.

“Um, Sylvia… if we’re going to make a team, won’t we need to think of a team name first? I’m pretty certain that would be what the Guildmaster would ask for right from the start.”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What the fliers found.   What the fliers found. EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 10:02 pm

Sylvia stopped, realizing her mistake. "Oh my, I must have become so caught up in the idea of making a team, that I forgot some of the details that making a team consists of." She laughed a bit, realizing this mistake. "I really don't have all that many ideas." She sat down, thinking hard about what a good name would be. She couldn't think of any good names, and just kept mumbling a few bad ones.

"Team Music?... No no that is absolutely dreadful... Team... No, not that either." A look of mild frustration appeared, and she sighed. "Have you come up with anything fitting of us?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What the fliers found.   What the fliers found. Empty

Back to top Go down

What the fliers found.
Page 1 of 1