Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

[EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Arestortle

Arestortle

Poké : 560

[EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies Empty
PostSubject: [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies   [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies EmptyFri Oct 16, 2020 2:42 am

Powar's Energy: 20 - 10 (entry cost) = 10

Powar's Bag (click to open)::

Concern.

That was going through the mind of the Turtwig as he heads into the Forest that was namely more risky than his past ventures. Then again, he had more confidence in his capabilities, even if they hadn't grown much. In the time Powar hadn't been out in the world, he had been studying, learning even more about himself, and aiming to make things work what he had, even if he didn't have a full set of moves.

In his studies, or, namely, his free time, he had reread older news articles and scriptures trying to find an escape from mediocrity. Of course, a true escape, a living prophecy, was written in clear print, supposedly spoken by his own role model, a being called Arceus, who aimed to banish darkness and make a land where all could coexist and understand each other.

According to his readings and interpretations, the last ally in a line of recruits against not just the status quo, but a land of total freedom and chaos, lies behind the falls in this very forest, held captive by less savory Pokemon. If he could somehow free the mystery Pokemon, he could finish a story that would have a happy ending everyone could live with.

In the meantime, he'd page through his limited possessions in his shallow bag, knowing the risks he'd get into by entering this unprepared. Then again, did he really have the time or patience to do more? Powar donned the Heal Ribbon he obtained in Pecha Forest, as a personal treasure, and kept the stone that now bore a semblance to himself, faintly glowing with stripes of emerald and brown in the translucent stone, stowed in a pocket he could easily access in case he needed a quick boost.

"Well... It's now or never..." he'd shakily say to himself as he continued to venture into the forest. Whether he'd come out in one piece was a concerning question to him, but he knew better than to completely doubt himself. If he didn't push this now, what would stop the Giratinists from ending any chance at peace and even consistency?
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

Poké : 3747

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies   [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies EmptyFri Oct 16, 2020 7:46 pm

[Energy: 32 - 10 (Dungeon entry cost) = 22]

Yigo's bag (Click to open):

Comfort.

That was the feeling of the Sandslash about to enter these dark woods. Not only was it a place that brought to memory wonderful times but the features that would make other explorers decide to head to Pecha Forest instead were what Yigo enjoyed. The lack of light didn't bother at all the trained scout, adept at listening to his surroundings and expert at catching scents both familiar and foreign. Moreover, by exploring these woods, he could make sure that he wasn't going to be returning with a bag half full of those too sweet Pecha berries. Any other berry would do instead.

The only goals of the ground type that day were to explore the Mystery Dungeon and to gather enough berries to get him through the day. It sounded simple and easy.

Wearing on himself a belt that went from shoulder to waist, with a small satchel hanging from the side containing Yigo's own personal treasure alongside some other supplies should this expedition take more than the expected day and with the Stamina Band wrapped around his waist, Yigo started entering the Mystery Dungeon on all fours. This was going to be a simple, nice and rewarding day for sure.
Back to top Go down
Arestortle

Arestortle

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies   [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies EmptyFri Oct 16, 2020 9:33 pm

Powar's Energy: 10

The aspiring adventurer was shaking of anxiety, attempting to take deep breaths, but the enhanced breath he was dependent on was unavailable in the darkness of the Forest. But... he had to focus. He had to try. Only, the panic seeped in again when Powar caught sight of a Sandslash unintentionally moving his way. He leapt into a nearby bush, one of the few benefits of his kind in a forest like this, but he couldn't hide very well from all the trembling in his body, even the slightly unwell sprout on his head quivering from all the anxiety. Only when he started to force himself to look at the intimidating figure did things start to click into place.

A satchel: The wearable mark of an explorer, a townsperson, any Pokemon that would not just pounce at him in an act of ferality to dine on his chlorophyll-filled flesh.

The posture: He hadn't even heard of feral Sandslash walking down on all fours, so this was especially strange. There was only one remotely similar Pokemon he had met, but it was a Sandshrew he met in school a very long time ago, and it could have just been a hazy memory or lucid dream.

For now, though, Powar would just stay, not violently but still shaking from the nerves. Whether the Sandslash--Could this be that Yigo fellow?--would approach the rustling and heavy breathing, or simply ignore it and let him be, it was but a mystery, and Powar couldn't think of much else, even the mission he had set this day in his life to attempt sinking to the back of his mind.
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies   [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies EmptyFri Oct 16, 2020 10:33 pm

Of course, Yigo had to jinx this exploration by having some optimism. A Pokémon walked ahead of him, that much was clear. With no intention to hide, he continued on exploring, seeing that this stranger was small and their body language hinted that he wasn't a thread at all. Were they lost? Even if Yigo's eyes are used to the darkness, the permanently endarkened skies combined with the foliage of the trees above him made it so that whatever Yigo could see was little more than a silhouette. The silhouette of a Turtwig.

There was only a Turtwig Yigo had ever met, and that had been during his Food Tech classes. From all his acquaintances, that Turtwig was the one Yigo would be the most comfortable with seeing again if they still shared the same interest in food and cooking. However, the reaction he had taken by jumping into a bush in a swift retreat made Yigo question whether or not this was a lost child he had never met instead.

Knowing full well that approaching the scared Pokémon may not only scare them further but maybe provoke a desperate hostile action, he decided against trying to get into the brush and blowing out their cover. A conversation can happen from 6 feet away "Tell me, are you lost?" Yigo tilted his head to the side and sat down, his figure easily readable even in the relative lack of light "You do remind me of someone. Are you from Peak Academy?"
Back to top Go down
Arestortle

Arestortle

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies   [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies EmptySat Oct 17, 2020 2:10 am

Powar was having a really hard time understanding what was going on with everything that could have happened that didn't. How was he still alive? Intact? Why was this Sandslash, trying (whether unintentionally or not) to line himself up with the Yigo he knew, trying to interact as calmly as he was with him? The spoken words slowly filtered their way through the hearing spots in his head, forcing their way past the hazy thoughts of fear in hopes of being understood, and once doing so, it clears away some of the anxiety created by purely being here and taking what he could only assume were big risks. Only some faded, and some remained... and yet confusion started to settle in, leaving Powar to want to take a moment to breathe and think. He wouldn't leave his conversational partner hanging, though...

"Uh-uuh... Yeah?" Speech of 2, Powar. Speech of 2.
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies   [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies EmptySat Oct 17, 2020 7:46 pm

Yigo tilted his head to the side, wondering if this really was that Turtwig from class. Was he just agreeing because he was afraid of Yigo? He glanced, left to right, trying to spot anything else that could cause the grass type any anxiety but there didn't seem to be much else than them two.

Yigo sighed and looked down, ears flopping. His evolution had made him look fierce, be it for the better or worse. Not only was he unrecognisable but inspired fear in other Pokémon with his sharp, long blades and razory exterior. "I study Essential Skills and had known a Turtwig from my class. I can't say you look alike with this light but I only wondered" His ears rose again but he still felt upset about having to explain his changes "I sat by his side, was about his height, his name was Powar..." He paused, still needing to consider that this wasn't who Yigo thought he was but still wanted some confirmation.

"Is... That you?"
Back to top Go down
Arestortle

Arestortle

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies   [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies EmptySun Oct 18, 2020 4:02 pm

Powar's Energy: 10

First, this Sandslash seemed to want to interact more peacefully, almost concerned for his safety. Next thing he knows, the rodent relates a memory of him, even though there would be no correlation otherwise between the pair. A lightbulb went off in the young'un's mind, though, realizing that his inching suspicions were indeed true.

"You must be that... Yigo fellow? I was surprised you didn't say, 'Nervous wreck' or anything of the like. And... yeah, I am the Powar from Mille's Food Tech I class. Seeing the world change while I was focusing on myself and self-optimization feels really humbling, yet here I am, still physically weak and inexperienced in the real world." This humbling experience almost made Powar wonder if it was a good idea to try and change the world. As it was, he wasn't much better off than a toddler if his goal was indeed to find Arceus's last ally and fulfill the prophecy for a better world.

Arestortle carried out 10 launched of one Shadowhue Forest :
[EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies XlTFzov , [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies HqwuLie , [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies Iuhs1kH , [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies EXNzH2C , [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies A2N2aCt , [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies 2rntvDa , [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies L0JXoho , [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies Sb4EMTq , [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies Hc4wJXb , [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies XlTFzov
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies   [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies EmptyMon Oct 19, 2020 1:31 am

So this was Powar after all. That meant that there was a good chance of getting out of this gathering, not berries or roots, but ingredients for some recipe as simple as it can be to a couple of students. It did seem that Powar remembered him after all, even Yigo's name but had a low opinion of himself.

Not the best time to ask to band together for a culinary expedition. Had something happened to Powar? "I wish I could say it's any different for me. There isn't a single day in which I don't crash into something" He meant that metaphorically and physically, since steering himself when rolling out proved to be difficult. On the other hand, Yigo had been severly inexperienced with other Pokémon, something that had caused him so much sadness and misery without being able to change any outcomes despite his best efforts. One could hardly call Yigo the same as the one Powar had studied with in the past. "Humbling... That's a very fitting word"

The Turtwig's words were true for them both but he was only looking at the bad "and yet, you got yourself in here, all alone. You don't want the world to outpace you, yes?" Yigo smiled softly at that. This Turtwig had the right attitude and was willing to push his limits.
Back to top Go down
Arestortle

Arestortle

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies   [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies EmptyMon Oct 19, 2020 2:14 am

Powar's Energy: 10 - 51 (rolls) = 0 (PSN)
Powar ate a Pecha Berry and recovered from Poison! Remains: 0

Powar chuckled a bit when the Sandslash mentioned his own problems... But, hey, if he focuses on feeling good when he can, maybe that'd make the hard stuff less... hard? Knowing he had something in common with his former classmate was a good sign, and it was one he'd keep close to his heart as he carried out the rest of this conversation, and his self-imposed holy quest.

As far the present was concerned... "Y... yeah, I feel like I'm playing catch-up with the rest of my peers, after taking the time to get myself up to where I needed to be to be comparable socially. And now I've waited too long, with something itching at the back of my mind..."

Did he try to tell Yigo about the quest? The fear in Powar's mind assumed that either Yigo saw this as nothing more than a Fairy-Type Tale, or that the Sandslash, if he did believe the lore, would lean against serving Arceus in the war... He'd either be told off, or straight-up attacked, and in the latter case, the Turtwig would be soup in seconds.

All this concern and fear showed its vibrations along Powar's legs, though it wasn't quite so bad that his plant quivered. After all, there was a bit of hope as well. Yigo would understand, right? Didn't Powar have friends aside from his parents, Sunny and Vipresso?
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies   [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies EmptyMon Oct 19, 2020 8:03 pm

Comparable socially? Yigo couldn't even tell there was a social milestone to reach. Was someone belittling him or outcharming anyone to the point of leaving him irrelevant? It was a moment of concern but it was nothing he could comment on. After all, Yigo wasn't exactly an authority on social interactions. That fell into his weaknesses.

Now, the question was left in the air by the Turtwig himself. He insinuated he had a goal in mind yet didn't follow it up with what it was. If Powar was comfortable enough sharing that he had something, be it a fear or motivation to act, the fact that he was keeping it to himself, as well as fearfully shaking, didn't paint a good picture.

Yigo nodded to what Powar had to say and decided to offer a middle ground. If Powar doesn't want to share it, it was fine "Would you like me to come with you?" He offered, but not without a condition "I only ask that we cook something for lunch on the way. Admittedly, I don't remember much about the classes so I should try to train cooking whenever I have a good chance" He crossed his arms and smiled. Surely Powar will find it enticing since there would also be lunch or dinner for him, and it's not like Yigo eats meat. Anything they forage would suffice. Would Powar accept the aid?
Back to top Go down
Arestortle

Arestortle

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies   [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies EmptyMon Oct 19, 2020 8:40 pm

Powar's Energy: 0

Was that even a question? Powar himself had some work to do on his culinary experience, though occasional meals for his family helped him somewhat understand how to cook. It's not like he did much worse than his parents, seeing as they were all quadrupedal Grass-Types. "Hey, I like to cook, and you're pinning it as a responsibility, and something I have to do. I'd love to have you along!" With a chuckle, he'd continue. Then again, Yigo was being open with his side of being here, so it was only right to return the favor.

"As far as where I'm going... I'm headed into the brunt of what some call a Holy War. Among Greater Beings that want to give people total freedom or the status quo, I'm trying to make the finishing touches for one that seeks a world where everyone can just get along. I've spent much of my life being mocked because I was never as good as anyone else. I'm not as smart, not as strong, I can't be conversational for the life of me... And for that, people didn't want to even try to hang out with me. And so, I lived much of my life alone among others... I only hope that it's not too late, if I can't make it for myself, to make sure others like me don't suffer the same fate."
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies   [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies EmptyMon Oct 19, 2020 11:37 pm

Now that was the spirit! Powar seemed to be getting into the mood, not even looking that shy anymore! It filled Yigo with a sense of joy he had been missing for a long time. If it wasn't for the cover of the leaves above them, showering the two Pokémon with darkness, Yigo would have been seen blushing, looking away while his tail started swishing.

Someone was eager to go on an adventure with this pleasant and entertaining Turtwig

But the purpose of the Turtwig, the quest he had revealed... And the reason why Powar pursues it blew all of Yigo's optimism. His ears dropped, his tail relaxed, his smile faded. The forest went quiet for a few second, the Sandslash trying to process what he had been listening without knowing how to react to it. It is an injustice that Powar is treated like that, but Yigo can't deny that Powar was wrong. Because he wasn't alone.

Yigo had been taken advantage of, manipulated into loving others with all of his heart only to always find himself alone in the end, waiting for a friend that always had much more important things to do than to hang around with Yigo, that won't have time for him or that just... Are never seen again without a reason. Yigo had grown to be powerful and had tried to grow literate for them, and it was meaningless now. As much as he wanted to tell Powar otherwise, to tell him that he could achieve true friendship on his own, the Sandslash couldn't deny it in good faith. Perhaps a divinity was needed to make it true, or the Holy Warrior was using Powar as a pawn...

"..." It was difficult to start a reply to that, Yigo opening his mouth and closing it soon thereafter when he had no words to say. After shaking his head, he had gathered his thoughts "A-A world where everyone gets along..." Even saying it sent shivers down his spine and filled him with the sorrow of a perfection that'll never be achieved "The world... Could use that, if it was true. With so many Pokémon failing to keep their promises... I don't know who to believe anymore..."

A deal was still a deal, no matter what Powar's quest was. Besides, Powar's issues resonated strongly with Yigo. "... But I will accompany you. Hopefully, no one else will have to find themselves unwillingly alone"
Back to top Go down
Arestortle

Arestortle

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies   [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:42 am

At this point, Powar could feel the Sandslash's own sorrows... But Powar, if unreliable in the past, was at the very least trustworthy to a T. He knew how much the world turned on others, and one small act of kindness could set off a chain. He knew that if he could at least set Arceus's final step into motion, then eventually all would be well. Seeing Yigo hurt like this, the Turtwig was unsure if he was truly that set apart from all other Pokemon. At the very least, maybe this pair, even if this quest failed, could continue to meet, or even travel together, so at least they'd have each other. With each of their interests in working with food, and the scars in his, and maybe Yigo's past, at least Powar could have one other Pokemon to try to help feel good, and maybe he'd get the same in return.

"Hopefully so. I don't like to look at promises lightly, myself, and yet I promise you, you won't have to wait much longer, if only to find one good friend." A genuine grin, one not of pure happiness but of compassion and caring, bled onto the Turtwig's face like ink after a Hydro Pump.
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies   [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 9:29 am

Friend. That deal has already being offered to Yigo so many times that it was just funny at this point. Always a coincidence that it was being offered when a previous friendship had gone south, with the wound still fresh in his heart. Just the proposite sounded sour and dirty at this point, with little guarantee. Every previous friend were as enthusiastic as Powar was being right now yet they all abandoned the then Sandshrew.

This early, he wasn't ready to open himself to someone else that way. There was no reason not to treat Powar as an ally, but not something as close and personal as a friend. It was better to be transparent about this "You're not the first one that wanted to befriend me, and I've accepted many in the past. None of them remain and I'm tired of being hopeful..." Those words were uttered with the pain of the past while he wondered how disappointed Powar would feel. This rejection had justification but it's a rejection nonetheless.

"Let's try to get this war over with; I'll take you on that promise when we get there"
Back to top Go down
Arestortle

Arestortle

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies   [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 11:59 am

Yigo wouldn't have to wonder for long how his words would hurt Powar, as even as he was restraining his dissapointment, he was still visibly shocked as if hit by an emotional Metal Claw. A two-way gasp came in and out of the mildly heartbroken Turtwig's lungs. Then again, if he's had offers of friendship, that was one step further than Ares had, only to be let down hard later... No wonder Yigo didn't want any more blank offers of friendship. The nerves, trying to be empathic of what this Sandshrew had gone through, only upset his Belly and threatened to tear down what was left of his spirits. If both of them lost hope, then there may be no way to bring Arceus's dream to reality, and there could very well be chaos to replace it. Who knew how long it would be?

"And meanwhile, we can work up to you being my only friend- if you choose to accept it when this is all said and done. For now, though... The Turtwig's stomach voiced its protest... "Maybe some cooking and food would help me, help us, feel better going into this. The path has been forged over the past handful of years, most of the story written, and now we just need to write the final chapter." Thinking about it like that made Powar feel like this was more doable. But, then again, why would those who came before this pair drop the quill? Why would people ask to be friends with Yigo, and then abandon him for no reason? No commitment, huh. He'd show them commitment. He'd show Yigo commitment to being a true friend, and he'd show the past Children of Arceus commitment to finalizing a word everyone can live in and be happy.

But first, something to sustain his depleting Belly...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies   [EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies Empty

Back to top Go down

[EVENT] Of Dinners and Destinies
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next