» Name: Ember
» Sex: Female
» Species: Cyndaquil #155 - The fire mouse Pokemon
» Affiliation: Traveler
» Level: 5
» Energy: 19
» Ability: Blaze
• Tackle (level 1)
• Leer (level 1)
• Quick attack (Egg move)
» Natural Feats:
• Flame: All Cyndaquil can release a flame from their back at will which often indicates their mood.
• Agility: Most Cyndaquil are adept at dodging incoming attacks.
• Blaze - Father (Typhlosion) N/A
• Flash - Mother (Typhlosion) N/A
Although Ember is usually tends to be a rather quiet Pokémon who doesn’t talk much around strangers, she is actually really intelligent, and is very compassionate for other Pokémon, a trait which she thinks she can put to good use once she finally forms a rescue team, her dream job. She also happens to be a talented cook, using the flame on her back to roast berries she finds, although she doesn’t usually have a chance to show this to others, as she has had most of her meals prepared for her. As some would say, she’s timid, with an inner fire.
• Consistency: Ember likes having something familiar to cling to in times of big change. This can help keep her from getting too stressed out.
• Cooking: Ember enjoys cooking berries, especially for others who are in need, such as Pokémon she will be rescuing.
• Studying: Ember is always striving to gain knowledge, whether it’s about history, mathematics, philosophy, or anything else. She also keeps a notebook with information about every species of Pokémon in the area, in case she ends up in a battle.
• Being in the spotlight: Ember hates it when all the focus is on her, which is one of the the things her best friend Glade helped her out with whenever she was around large groups of Pokémon for the first time.
• Rain: Ember is a fire type with an open flame on her back. When it rains, it puts out her flame and nullifies her abilities. The same goes for falling into water.
• Jokes: Ember is very serious, and she hates it when others try to relieve tension by trying to be funny. Especially boys. Besides, it doesn’t usually work when they do this.
» History: Ember was born in a quaint little forested town up in the mountains, the residents consisting of a few small families, giving it the nice cozy feeling you get up in the mountains, if you know what that feels like. Ember spent most of her time studying alone in the local library, rather than battling with the other Pokémon her age, resulting in her distancing from the others over the years. She wasn’t one to take risks, either, which was another reason she spent his time alone, instead of with other Pokémon.
One day, when at the town’s local library, studying for an upcoming math exam, Ember met a Chikorita named Glade. She was the complete opposite of Ember: a big risk taker, an experienced battler, and not at all afraid to speak her mind, with a witty sense of humour. It was pretty awkward for Ember of them at first, due to her lack of experience with other Pokémon. However, Glade did her best to help Ember loosen up a bit, and really relax, something she had trouble doing.
Over time, she was able to get to know Glade well enough to be able to really open up to her, as she taught her how to battle properly, take a few risks, and make a few more friends. Ember taught her many of the things she’d learnt,, allowing them to get really close over the years.
All this changed one faithful day in mid-Winter. It started like any other, with a standard morning at school for Ember. After that, she went to meet up with Glade at the library, just like they did every day. When she got there, though, Glade was carrying a bag full of berries, seeds, and a few other various items. When Ember asked what all the items were for, Glade to told her that she wanted to go exploring with together, giving them much needed time to relax before they started preparing for their exams.
Things went well at first, the few wild Pokémon they encountered were defeated pretty easily. It was only when a harsh snowstorm came out of nowhere that things started to get bad. The snow made it almost impossible to see, and the wind threatened to blow them off the mountain if they weren’t extremely careful. Ember knew she had to help Glade fast, as her grass-typing made her weak to the environment she was in. Ember tried to use the flame on her back to keep Glade warm, but it wasn’t very helpful out in the open. They had no choice but to find shelter, and it was impossible to find the way back to town with all the wind and snow blocking their vision. Ember managed to carry Glade to a sheltered ledge which was out of the wind, where she tried to keep her warm until either the storm cleared or help arrived. After waiting for hours, fighting a losing battle trying to keep Glade from freezing to death, help finally arrived in the form of a powerful rescue team consisting of a magnezone, a dragonite, and a salamance. The team flew them to a clinic to help the two recover from their injures. When Ember awoke, she wanted to thank the team that saved their lives, but they had already left on another mission.
Things were never the same between Ember and Glade. When Glade woke up a few weeks after the incident, it turned out she was blinded in the storm, causing her to to be incapable of doing all the things she loved. This was pretty hard on Ember, who, now that they had graduated, was spending as much time as possible helping her friend learn to adapt to her new situation. Even though Glade constantly told Ember that it wasn’t her fault, Ember still blamed herself for her injuries, claiming he didn’t try hard enough to save her.
Ember never forgot the team that saved them all those years ago, risking their own safety and comfort to save total strangers, with little to gain for themselves. Ember wanted to form her own rescue team, in order to give back to society, and to honour her best friend, who never would be able to. So, once Glade was out of the hospital, and in the care of her family, Ember set out for Grassveil town in hopes of forming a rescue team.
» Other: Yes, Ember can see clearly. She isn’t actually blind, unlike what some jokes online depict.