Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Town by the seas

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

Poké : 3747

Town by the seas Empty
PostSubject: Town by the seas   Town by the seas EmptySun Apr 15, 2018 1:22 pm

Rainfront the town by the great seas, whose skies were full of clouds that brought fertility and life to their residents due to the predictable rains and wrath in the form of thunder to those who were enemies to the settlement. The place was full of fishermon, craftsmon that build houses and other trinkets with sea materials like seashells, gatherers that provided grain and fruit that couldn´t possibly grow inland, shamans who prayed for beneficial weather and sportsmon that enjoyed competing in the waves and beaches near the town. Indeed it was a town full of opportunities for travellers seeking supplies or some leisure and for the merchants to make a good profit out of tourism alone.

Yigo, on the other hand, was probably the oddest fit for the town. He was a desert dweller and ate no fish. Any rain would force him to dig a burrow so as to remain dry and not get a cold. Worst of all, the young sandshrew was terribly afraid of water and had no intentions of getting close to the shore, gateway to the infinite ocean. So, why was he there then? Aside from the sound of wingull calling each other and echoing with the tides, among the scent of salt and sand, Yigo managed to catch the fragrance produced by something he desperately needed: some warm food. It didn´t hurt that it smelled oh so wonderfully. Spices and sauces, grain and vegetables, their combination producing some masterpieces that not even Yigo could have ever dreamed of. After all, he´s only eaten raw food in the past so, naturally, he was inclined to try such dreamy dishes.

Following a caravan aiming to become a food post at the centre of the town, Yigo felt like he was floating as he followed the trail of steam left by the portable kitchen. He wasted no time at all entering the town, ignoring most of the buildings or pokemon that surrounded him. The Sandshrew had a very clear goal: sate his hunger. At last, he found himself at a random square, sitting down near one of the edges of the plaza while his eyes shone like if some treasure was in front of him. There were five, no... seven! Seven food carts, each with their distinctive scents drawing him in and in. Oh, the lucky soul that could afford to try them all. Unfortunately, Yigo only had enough poke to afford the services of just one food cart. The Sandshrew frowned, looking at each of the carts individually. This might be the most important decision of his life...

Rice wonders or exotic pastry?

After a very long time of waging the pros against the cons, he decided for a warm and abundant ration of rice. It took him almost no time at all for him to jump on his fours and rush to the cart to get his meal.
Back to top Go down
Frebedor

Frebedor

Poké : 1893

Town by the seas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town by the seas   Town by the seas EmptyMon Apr 16, 2018 7:40 am

Opal had just returned from an exploration at the nearby Pricklemist Hill, and was proudly wearing the Special Band she'd found there. To her, it was a sign of triumph, proof that she had braved a mystery dungeon. She would keep it to make her Fire Spin stronger, and also as a reminder of her first foray into such places. The young pup could only wonder what treasures awaited on future searches!

Many delicious smells wafted past as the Growlithe made her way into town. Opal followed her nose to discover several food carts selling meals. What to choose? They all smelled so wonderful! Much of the food was unfamiliar to her desert-dwelling self, but that just made this moment all the more exciting for the hungry youngster.

Seafood ultimately turned out to be the winner. Opal was intrigued by the unfamiliar meats. After asking what they were, she learned that they had come from the nearby ocean. That explained why she'd never seen them before, the Growlithe thought to herself, and wondered how ocean meat tasted compared to desert meat. Now was the time to find out, she decided as she placed her order.
Back to top Go down
Blade12

Blade12

Poké : 1360

Town by the seas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town by the seas   Town by the seas EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 12:06 am

Deimos had seperated from the Growlithe after his most recent period of activity within the mistbound territories nearby. To the Absol, it had felt rather uneventful in comparison to the recent events in the area of Shadowhue, trying to compare a period of rest and dealing with crazy murderous cult members was quite difficult, all things considered. Two polar opposite experiences right after eachother merely reminded the Absol of how unpredictable the world had become since leaving home. He'd been most certainly enjoying it deep down.

During his period of Respite from the cult case, Deimos had made a decision to step out of his comfort zone somewhat, to take a trip down to the nearby town. He had never personally been a fan of town's and cities due to the raucous racket and noise that he'd always heard would typically occur. Nevertheless, he saw it as part of his duties as a member of the Windrose to at least check out the area. The world map wouldn't exactly be much use if it didn't even mention civilised regions and settlements. The Absol actually hadn't realised he'd be headed in the exact same direction as his prior companion.

His arrival to the town was a quiet one, in stark contrast to the town's atmosphere. Busy people hard at work, enjoying life and the bounties of the world. Though the noise was offputting, amidst it the Absol detected several rather pleasant smells which he figured must have been food related. The Absol recalled having helped feed a Fennekin and Sandshrew back in the forest, though he himself had never eaten. He payed it no mind at the time, having had to appear strong for their sakes. He was starting to feel the effect's of it. Maybe getting something to eat wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Quietly, the Absol decided to follow the various pleasant smell's which only served to make him hungrier. He hoped they would be affordable, his personal funds had been depleted somewhat due to having delivered some 'Donations' to the shrine in the copse. Who actually recieved them he didn't exactly know or understand, he figured it was probably best to not question it. As the Absol drew closer to the stand's however, he noticed a familiar figure rushing towards one of the seven food carts. Wasn't that the Sandshrew with the Z crystal, Yigo?
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

Town by the seas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town by the seas   Town by the seas EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 1:43 pm

The pokemon manning the cart was a kadabra. It looks like it had found a good use out of his spoon: cooking! Dipping the metal object inside a deep and huge bowl containing rice, the cook stirred the mixture of ingredients and sauce. "Hello, sir! I´d like some rice, please" Yigo was near the counter but was too short to be seen if he were to stand as close as he was to it. As a solution, Yigo only needed to go back a few steps for him to be seen from the cart. He believed that if he could see the pokemon, it could see him too.

"My name is Anne. Sir doesn´t apply to me" The kadabra replied without even gazing at whoever was ordering food from her. Taking out her spoon from the bowl and raised it with her arm. A bundle of psychic power surrounded an empty bowl on the counter, causing it to float around to her free hand. Without much fanfare, she took a couple of spoonfuls of the delicious rice and turned to her customer. Her ration was placed on the counter, the smell demanding that Yigo would sit down and tilt his head to the direction of the bowl. What a wonderful sight! What a wonderful smell! He couldn´t believe that it was going to be all for him! "The transaction will require 6 poké to be successfully conducted. Do you agree with my terms?"

Anne found herself a bit confused. There was that kid sandshrew staring at her, drooling at the sight of food and seemingly incapable of comprehensible speech. It was probably safe to assume that the one that had requested her services was the absol by his side "Absol, do we have a deal or not?" She crossed her arms on the counter impatiently, considering whether or not should she return to the boiling pot or perhaps cook some more rice. Yigo, on the other hand, was shocked by the kadabra´s words. It was him, not whatever absol was nearby, the one who had ordered her food! Yigo looked around and spotted the absol by his side. When has it arrived? For a second, the sandshrew was reminded of another white-furred dark grey beast with a blade on its forehead. Its presence sure made him Yigo wonder if it was the same pokemon, the one who had come to his aid when an evil cult had ambushed him and a young fennekin, after all, both had a piece of cloth around their horn...

Not so long after that, he remembered that there was food on the line, a fact that his stomach didn´t hesitate to remind him of "N-No! It was me! I wa-" Yigo tried to complain but was soon interrupted by the Kadabra "Child, I´m trying to make some business. Could you, please return to your family?" her hand bent down on her fingers, pointing down before stretching and pointing away from her cart. Was she kicking him out? But that was not fair! He was hungry and had the poké! Besides, he had no family to return to anyway. Downcast and stuck in place, Yigo simply fell silent. What a rotten luck he´s had.
Back to top Go down
Frebedor

Frebedor

Town by the seas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town by the seas   Town by the seas EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 12:17 pm

There was a fuss being made the next stall over. Opal turned her head to see a Sandshrew and Kadabra at odds. The former seemed upset, so the Growlithe excused herself from the Dewott who was working on her meal and made her way to the mouse-like creature. It didn't take her long to recognise Deimos, the Absol she'd recently travelled with, standing nearby as well. She might talk to him after seeing what the issue was with the ground type, she thought.

"Hey there. Something the matter?"

Even if she couldn't solve the issue, Opal wanted to cheer up the Sandshrew. She'd never seen him before, but she didn't like seeing others in strife, regardless of how well she knew them.
Back to top Go down
Blade12

Blade12

Town by the seas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town by the seas   Town by the seas EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 1:47 pm

The Absol at first was somewhat confused by the circumstances, having thought he was being charged for the Sandshrew's food. Deimos had never owed them meals, if anything it would have been in reverse thanks to him feeding them sitrus berries prior. Then again, it felt wrong to charge Yigo and that sneezing Fennekin for something they at the time desperately needed. The Absol had no intent to try and press any form of advantage from that.

Everything was made clear to the Absol however when the Kadabra requested Yigo leave. Why do people not check who their customers are nowadays? Is this normal in towns? If it was... since when did the practice of kicking out your customers come into being common?

"Apologies but you're mistaken. I'm not the customer, that would be the Sandshrew you just told to leave" Deimos spoke calmly and concisely, shaking his head. He figured their heights must have been what caused the problem. There wasn't much he could do about that. Even the stone only made him heavier, not taller.

Deimos stepped away from the cart and out of the way, wishing to not cause any more confusion or accidents. The disaster pokemon still needed to learn the ways of these towns after all. He figured it would be better to observe from the sidelines for the time being.
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

Town by the seas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town by the seas   Town by the seas EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 2:22 am

Why was that mean female denying his request? Yigo couldn´t understand it. He had such high hopes for that meal but, apparently, he now had to find something else to eat. Giving up on that cart, he decided to head back to the spot from which he took his decision only to be approached by a growlithe. She looked somewhat concerned about him and rightfully so! Yigo wanted to denounce that cook! "Yeah... that Kadabra has told me to go home but I´m hungry! I really want to try her food but she just doesn´t let me even though I have the poké" Yigo pointed at Anne the kadabra, somewhat annoyedly before looking away and sitting down "I-I don´t need her... I can buy food somewhere else, right?" He paused and sighed, somewhat disheartened. Perhaps he could find comfort in that friendly stranger and forget about how hungry he was "Who are you? If you don´t tell me your name, I´ll call you fluffy puppy!" Her fur shine below the few stray rays of sunlight. It looked so soft and warm. Blissfully smiling, Yigo could not help but blush at the beauty of that growlithe.

The kadabra looked to the sandshrew once more after Deimos´ clarification. So it wasn´t the absol who had ordered some of her specials. It didn´t matter, it was probably still a prank for him to giggle. On the other hand, something looked awfully wrong. The kid was not laughing at her futile endeavour. He was not pointing or ridiculing her in front of her fellow cooks for believing in a minor. For once, it looked like the ground type was really upset and almost on the verge of crying. Was her judgement wrong?

After some time devoted to deliberation, she decided to fall for it and give the ground type a chance "Is the absol correct, youngling?  Show me the currency and the transaction will continue its course" Using her psychic powers, amplified by the use of her spoon, the bowl full of spiced rice began to float in front of her, trying to show her wares to the kid. Yigo hesitated to respond. She had been so mean to him at first! Was Anne referring to the growlithe instead of him? "Yes, you, Sandshrew" She loudly clarified, realising that Yigo was having difficulties. The ground type simply nodded and took out from his satchel a handful of coins before advancing towards the cart. How to get them to the Kadabra though? "Hey... uhm... could any of you help me reach the counter?" Yigo looked to the sides as maybe one of the onlookers was kind enough to lend him a paw.
Back to top Go down
Frebedor

Frebedor

Town by the seas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town by the seas   Town by the seas EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 6:09 pm

"What a mean Kadabra!" Opal cried in sympathy, "I'm sure you can find better food than hers anyway! Oh, and my name's Opal! I am a fluffy puppy, though!"

The Growlithe let out a jolly laughter, but was angered on this Sandshrew's behalf as the rice vendor piped up. How dare he turned away when he'd done nothing wrong! That stall was one Opal decided she wouldn't be visiting any time soon. Social concerns aside, what had happened was also bad business. And now the Kadabra who manned it had the gall to pretend it never happened! Why was the Sandshrew going along with it? The pup brazenly walked up to the stall's owner, fire in her eyes.

"You. You should apologise."
Back to top Go down
Blade12

Blade12

Town by the seas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town by the seas   Town by the seas EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 2:56 pm

Though Deimos could have just walked away entirely, he observed the scene happening before him now that he was out of the way. He couldn't exactly blame the Kadabra for making such a mistake. His presence and the inherent lack of height on Yigo's end made it a reasonable error. It wouldn't be hard for one to mistake the one making the order to be the one tall enough to see above the counter.

Regardless however, the Absol quietly shook it's head. Getting Yigo upset naturally never helped in the Absol's admttedly limited personal experience. The intervention of a familiar sounding growlithe however caused Deimos to figure that enough was enough. Yes the shop keeper made an error and was impaitent, an apology would help make amends. Making demands however probably wasn't the most helpful of options.

When Yigo asked about help getting up to the counter, Deimos approached the stall once again. Temporarilly lying down, he nodded towards Yigo, making it clear that he was going to do so. It wouldn't be the first time someone climbed on his back after all. Once the Sandshrew would have boarded, Deimos intended to return to his full height. "Twice that you owe me now. First for the whole cult situation in shadowhue, now for food" The Absol chuckled, wanting to make it quite clear that that the very Absol lending a hand was the same one from the forest.
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

Town by the seas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town by the seas   Town by the seas EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 10:57 pm

The Kadabra realised that the growlithe was right. After her rudeness, the least she could do was apologise to finally put an end to the confusion. Anne sent a glare to the fire type, signalling her that both she agree with her as well as letting her know that she expected a better way in which that message could´ve been delivered. What her eyes could not have Opal understand, her psychic powers would make clear through some light telepathy "Sandshrew, forgive me for I have mistaken you for a rude offspring. Your parents have made a great job honing your social skills and I wish to compliment your patience"

"Oh? I-Is it you, Deimos?" The Sandshrew stammered at the realisation. He knew that something was so similar about that absol and, yet, he did nothing to call it out. He felt neervous and somewhat ashamed, blushing and looking away before breathing heavily and smiling to the dark type "Great to see you! Don´t mind if I... climb up here" His arms tried to seize the neck of the absol, trying to mount onto it while his feet kicked and squirmed trying to achieve such goal. With a simple thought, Anne made the coins of the client float - probably something she could´ve done without Deimos getting the ground type near her. After all, she was not going to make the sandshrew´s effort mean nothing. She kept the pile of coins hovering over the cart´s counter as she counted, coins going from air to counter as the process took place "...and five. Enjoy your meal, young one" she said, returning an extra coin as a small discount made to Yigo. Yigo took it, surprised, before trying to place it down on the counter. The spoon irradiated force, making the absol´s fur be slightly disturbed by a harmless air pulsation that managed to keep Yigo where he was "...wasn´t it si-" "Not for polite boys such as you. Enjoy your meal" She placed the bowl on the counter, just in front of the sandshrew´s paws before turning away and placing the five coins onto a sack half-full of coins.

The smell... as soon as Yigo´s paws got a hold onto the bowl full of exotic rice, its aroma overwhelmed him with pleasure that made him almost have his nose dive right into the pile of rice. However, he reconsidered it after seeing noticing the absol which needed to return him back to ground level "Thank you, both of you! I would have missed this if it wasn´t for you. Opal, Deimos, do you want some? We can share this meal between the three of us, unless, of course, you wanted to order something else. If you don´t mind, I´d like to eat with the two of you, please?" His eyes shone with an overly forced cute gaze. Yigo really wanted to enjoy his prize with someone so getting ignored was not an option anymore! He had to use the best of his acting skills to appear even cuter so that they can´t deny him a place withing the group "Oh! Wait, you probably don´t know each other..." he mumbled, shifting his sight from pokemon to pokemon "This is Deimos! He´s a really powerful and gentle fighter that says really intelligent things! We saved a small fennekin together"
Back to top Go down
Frebedor

Frebedor

Town by the seas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town by the seas   Town by the seas EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 10:13 am

The young Growlithe was amazed as she watched the Kadabra's sudden change in demeanour. She'd assumed the psychic type was a meanie, but they really did mean it when they apologised! This was a great turn of events in her mind. Once again, she said what she thought, but her thoughts were kinder this time.

"Hey, maybe you're not such a bad salesmon after all."

Now the issue was dealt with, Opal smiled and returned her attention to the Sandshrew. It was wonderful to see him cheered up. She would happily eat with him.

"I'd love to sit together!" she exclaimed, tail wagging. She'd made a new friend, and that was amazing! There was another friend around, too! It was a good day! "Deimos? Actually-"

"Order for Opal? Opal the Growlithe?"

Opal had almost forgotten the seafood she'd ordered. She offered a quick apology to the duo and went to pick up her meal.
Back to top Go down
Blade12

Blade12

Town by the seas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town by the seas   Town by the seas EmptySun May 06, 2018 1:42 pm

Deimos held as still as he could while the Sandshrew was upon his back, not wanting to accidentally send it or it's food flying. Avoiding accidents was a primary concern, especially since he was still less knowledgeable about this locale than he would like. He was unsure on if they were forgiving or harsh upon those who might cause such an accident. This was someone's lively hood after all.

Deimos did have to admit it smelled nice and after his travels something nice to eat would be a good idea. He'd already referenced his own personal bias upon eating habits back during the events at Shadowhue. Something meaty would be nice. The rice might be delicious but the concept of trying to pick out pieces of rice from fur of the same colour was unpleasant. Maybe rice would be a bad idea.

"Please hold on tight, going down" Deimos announced after a moment's deliberation. He waited a few moments before lying down, so as to allow the Sandshrew to disembark. Russel at least had the advantage of flying off the back... Yigo we need to get you some wings!

After the pokemon would have disembarked, Deimos intended to return to full height before glancing around. Seven stalls in total... which had the best meat? His thoughts about food were interrupted by the Sandshrew's request however. There was no harm in eating with familiar faces after all. "I would prefer to get my own food actually. No offence to your or the business meant of course. The concept of potentially getting rice stuck in my fur and then it being a pain to spot and remove kind of swayed that decision. I would prefer something a bit more meaty. As for eating together as a group, i don't mind" Deimos replied. As long as he wasn't being served unprepared fresh kill, he liked meat. He didn't have the stomach to be a hunter, a consumer however was a different story.

Last edited by blade12 on Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

Town by the seas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town by the seas   Town by the seas EmptySun May 20, 2018 9:07 pm

"Wonderful! Thank you, thank you!" Yigo appreciated the company of his old acquaintance and the new face, by curling onto the size of a ball and rolling around them for a couple of laps before returning to his usual stance. He couldn´t wait to catch up to date. What was Deimos doing in this place? Was his odd stone finally charged? Moreover, before she had left the group, the growlithe Opal looked like she knew something about the absol. It wouldn´t surprise the sandshrew if it turned out they were friends or something more, after all, Deimos was a really friendly pokemon.

"Something meatier? Uhm..." Yigo looked around, somewhat concerned. Now he had just remembered that Deimos was carnivorous and that he enjoyed eating meat. The thought of him cartoonishly trying to lead Yigo into his mouth made him gulp and shiver a little but it was a really unreasonable scenario... right? "...why don´t you go with Opal and see if she can give you some advice? I don´t like... I-I´ll be waiting... uhm... here"
Back to top Go down
Frebedor

Frebedor

Town by the seas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town by the seas   Town by the seas EmptyMon May 21, 2018 11:42 am

It wasn't long before the Growlithe returned with her meal. She sat down in front of the other two pokemon and looked at them eagerly. Opal wished very much to tuck in, but she wanted to make sure everyone was ready to eat first. It would be rude to start without them. Deimos still didn't appear to have decided on food, though. The pup missed what the Absol had mentioned a preference for, but was surprised to hear Yigo's suggestion that she help him choose.

"Me? I'm not familiar with this place yet, but I can show you where the seafood is if you like."
Back to top Go down
Blade12

Blade12

Town by the seas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town by the seas   Town by the seas EmptyMon Jun 18, 2018 1:44 pm

Taking a moment to pause and think upon noticing stuttering, Deimos could only presume that his mention of meat had somehow distressed the pokemon. Having never intended to do, he merely nodded in silence towards the Sandshrew, not wanting to cause any more issues. A quick glance around resulted in him spotting and turning his full attention to the Growlithe.

"Not a problem. I suppose i might as well see what all the options are. More choices can never hurt" Deimos replied, calmly and concisely. In truth he had never tried seafood before, understandably so due to his living further inland both before and after beginning his travels. He still was hoping there was something a bit more... Meaty however, it had been a while since his last such meal, having been relying on more vegetarian options due to his own personal issues regarding hunting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Town by the seas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town by the seas   Town by the seas Empty

Back to top Go down

Town by the seas
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next