Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

New Beginnings, Old Dreams

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ChaosOneX

Poké : 160

New Beginnings, Old Dreams Empty
PostSubject: New Beginnings, Old Dreams   New Beginnings, Old Dreams EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 5:27 am

Catherine walked through the streets with wide eyes. She would frequently have to avoid the steps of much larger Pokemon, but to her the danger was worth the sight. She knew it was silly, being amazed, but things had always been quiet where she had grown up.

Compared to the sleepy quiet of where she'd grown up, the activity was welcome.

The handful of stalls set out on the road offered the usual assortment of wares. Berries, mostly. Catherine felt her stomach rumble a little, but she didn't have money anyways, food would have to come later. Besides, some people always felt it necessary to make a comment about the young grass type eating berries. Everyone seemed to think they were the first to come up with the joke. If you could call it that.

As the morning brought more activity to the lane, she found herself following several groups of adventurers as they walked the packed dirt of the road. The first ignored her attempts to speak to them, while the second group merely stared at her. The third group vanished around a corner, and the fourth group had been so scary, she had decided not to talk to them.

"I thought adventurers were always looking for more hands..." Catherine said, sitting down with a sigh.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
ChaosOneX

PostSubject: Re: New Beginnings, Old Dreams   New Beginnings, Old Dreams EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 1:54 am

"Eeep!" Catherine jumped as the Kecleon spoke, almost falling in a rut sunken into the packed dirt. She breathed in and out heavily for a couple moments, then frowned as she took in who had spoken. She looked Yooka up and down, the question on her tongue unspoken. 'Who are you, and why are you here?' It seemed to ask. She had to strain to look up at Yooka, and she almost lost her balance trying.

Letting the taller Pokemon's words work through her mind, she stomped a foot, or at least, she attempted to. For many pokemon it would have been a notable sign of frustration, from Catherine, it lacked any of the weight or impact to carry the meaning. "I don't need hands to be helpful! I'm going to be an adventurer no matter what." She said adamantly. Her eyes met the lizard's and she dared her to say otherwise.

The potential standoff was cut short, however, as Catherine tilted her head slightly, which was more of a tilting her body. It muddled the attempt at non verbal communication. She seemed unaware of this fact, however.

"You've seen other Bounsweet?" She asked, unable to hide any surprise. Her gaze slowly narrowed. "What my... Species... Is?" Her tone dropped as she took a half step back. "What are you trying to say?" She demanded.

Truth be told, she wasn't sure what she'd do if the Kecleon tried to start something, but she figured it was better to put up a strong front instead of showing fear. Her calyx twitched in a high energy mix of anticipation and nervousness. A few passer-byes gave the two the occasional look, but for the most part the morning traffic went on about its business without any concern. Letting out a sigh, Catherine leaned forward, as if bowing in apology. "I'm sorry, my name is Catherine. I'm going to be a great fighter someday... With some work... I just have to find a group to take me in." The surety of her words was at odds with the small, frail form.
Back to top Go down
ChaosOneX

PostSubject: Re: New Beginnings, Old Dreams   New Beginnings, Old Dreams EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 5:07 am

Catherine leaned again, her best attempt at tilting her head. "I can't control how I smell." She said, as if confused why it would even come up. "Is it really that bad?" She asked, looking around as if that might produce an answer.

Her eyes widened as Yooka brought up the fact that she knew some Pokemon that might be able to help Catherine. She started to bounce in excitement, which quickly fell away as Yooka's thought trailed off. She settled down, watching Yooka for a few moments as she stumbled over her words. "I can take care of myself." She said, hesitantly.

"Besides, I'd hate to be a bother..." She trailed off, wondering if she should be wary of the Kecleon. "Not that I don't want the company." She added, hoping it wasn't too late. The kecleon might be a little weird, but she was the most friendly Pokemon Catherine had met so far.
Back to top Go down
ChaosOneX

PostSubject: Re: New Beginnings, Old Dreams   New Beginnings, Old Dreams EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 5:19 am

"Guild? What Guild?" Catherine asked, trying to meet the Kecleon's gaze. She watched the taller normal type for any sort of reaction, but her interest was getting the better of her. "And what were you waiting for? How do you know it didn't happen?" It was such an odd thing to say, and Catherine knew it was rude to leave so many questions in a row, but she really felt she needed to know.

Her energy attracted a few wary gazes from passer-byes, but none of them stopped to make sure everything was alright. Still, it was probably for the best. Not everyone seemed to be as helpful as this Kecleon, and she wasn't sure she really wanted to get into a fight first thing. There would be other days for such things, when she was stronger.

"What do you need to pick up for the trip. I don't really have any money, but I can help carry," Catherine offered, trying to hide her impatience. She wanted to be where they were going already, and her impatience would only grow worse once they were on the road. She knew it was a bad habit, but she was already ready to be at Grassveil.
Back to top Go down
ChaosOneX

PostSubject: Re: New Beginnings, Old Dreams   New Beginnings, Old Dreams EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 4:46 am

"I thought there were a bunch of guilds?" Catherine asked, trying her best to imitate tilting her head. She had to give up the effort, though, as it made her feel like she was going to fall over.

"Well, what can I do to help? If its going to take that long, I want to go ahead and go," She declared, starting to walk off before realizing that she had no idea where she was going. She hoped the larger pokemon couldn't see her embarrassment as she waited to see in which direction there were going to go. She seemed to be headed for a Kangaskhan, so Catherine eagerly bounced along behind her, skipping.

"What can you do?" She asked, watching the Kecleon from the corner of her eye. "Like, if we get attacked, how do you make them leave you alone? I just..." She paused, clearly trying to consider if she should say the next part. "I just run away and use the sun to heal any damage they did to me. I'm not a great fighter, I think."
Back to top Go down
ChaosOneX

PostSubject: Re: New Beginnings, Old Dreams   New Beginnings, Old Dreams EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 4:12 am

"I'm not sure why you wait... If I had arms... Or something to use, I'd be finding bad Pokemon wherever they are!" Catherine bounced a little as she said this, spinning and coming down without a stumble. "But best I can do is just run into them, or use my cal... Calyx... The leafy thing on my head."

She paused, considering the Kecleon's other question. "My parents were adventurers, and nobody ever told my mom not to get involved. I hear she once tied 'pa into a knot!" She says with a giggle. "Of course, he always denied that."

She let her bouncing slow until she was walking again, then she looked back to Yooka. "What can I do to help. I don't have arms, but surely I can do something?"

((Sorry for the delay, I kept meaning to post then forgot by the time work was done!))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Beginnings, Old Dreams   New Beginnings, Old Dreams Empty

Back to top Go down

New Beginnings, Old Dreams
Page 1 of 1