Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Puzzling a puzzle with puzzles on more puzzles.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Nightingale

Nightingale

Poké : 1320

Puzzling a puzzle with puzzles on more puzzles. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puzzling a puzzle with puzzles on more puzzles.   Puzzling a puzzle with puzzles on more puzzles. EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 10:12 pm

The Ashen Grey Minccino was walking through the somewhat empty town, his eyes scanning the stalls that still had it's vendors, though, it was somewhat strange to see that there towns normal running around. Nightingale seemed confused, walking over to a random vendor and speaking. "Um, excuse me?" his tiny voice breaking the almost eery silence of the town. "Do you know where everyone is?" The Klefki seemed to turn and look down at the boy, answering with a somewhat sad tone of voice Everyone is in the town square trying to figure out a puzzle. There's one thousand Poke' in it for the winner...but...I'm stuck here. Do you need me to open any boxes? The chinchilla backed up and shook his head, the Klefki just let out a sigh and went back to their business. Nightingale looking around the town and walking slowly trying to find the village square. He wasn't from Grassveil but he was learning the town and trying to figure out where to go.

With a tail swishing from side to side he started to daydream. "What would I do with one thousand poke?" His expression changing to a devilish grin. "I should spend it on food! No...wait...I should save it. Hmm..." he said with a sigh, thinking about this was hard and he didn't know what he could even do with that much poke. Five hundred to him was a lot, so almost double that would make him one rich Minccino.

His ears twitched as he heard the sounds of Pokemon talking and growling; trying their best to find something or think of something. Whatever it was it sounded important and Nightingale figured that this was the way to go. Turning his body he walked off into the direction of the sound, blinking in confusion as he peeked around the corner, his head looking left and right. What was in front of him almost blew his mind; his jaw dropping as the mass pile of Pokemon was almost offputting. He didn't like big crowds because he didn't want to be lost inside of them. But he couldn't lose himself so he stood on his hind legs and inhaled a large breath of air to calm his nerves. Patting his face with his two front paws to sike himself up.

With one bold step, he got back on all fours and walked through the crowd, trying his best not to bump into others or get bumped into or stepped on. "Excuse me. Pardon me. Sorry! I'm sorry." He seemed to be announcing himself as he pushed his way through the crowd. It took some time but he followed the crowd and looked around for someone or anyone that he could talk to. He wanted to win the one thousand poke and he was going to give it his all; no matter how hard the questions where he would try to answer them. The worse thing that could happen to him was fail.
Back to top Go down
Nightingale

Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling a puzzle with puzzles on more puzzles.   Puzzling a puzzle with puzzles on more puzzles. EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 10:42 am

It took a while to break out of the group of Pokemon. A small success on his part and he was all the happier for it. But when a Kecleon stopped him his eyes looked them over. They were a strange color, unlike other Kecleon he said. Their words seemed to go in one ear and almost out the other, he was only half paying attention. But he heard the beginning half of the sentence. "You need my help?" He questioned, almost confused at the sudden extension of friendship at hand. "Sure? I guess. I don't have a partner but everyone here...well..." He gestured to the group of Pokemon around him, groups of two to five littered the ground around him and he seemed rather astounded by this. "I uh...sure? I'll help you any way I can." He was naive and accepted happily. If one were to take advantage of that he would be none the wiser, but he wasn't the smartest Pokemon here, not by a long shot. But he was filled with a look of determination to at least get somewhere with this quiz.

"Oh, uh...what is the puzzle exactly?" His tail wagged back and forth in excitement as he approached his new partner. "Oh, my name is Nightingale. But you can just call me Gale' for short if you want. What's yours?" It seemed nothing brought Pokemon closer together than trying to win a prize. The look on his face was that of innocent happiness, he was rather excited that he wasn't late and might be able to take part in this after all.

His eyes looking at the paper the Kecleon was holding. Maybe it was a clue, it seemed to him that it would be nice to start off with a clue just in case most Pokemon don't get it. But then again they might want to weed out the Pokemon who wouldn't be here in the first place. A good strategy on the hosts part but still it may have been over the top for children as they might not be able to take a loss.

Who was this Kecleon anyway? He had never seen them in Grassveil before. They seemed to be nice enough, though, it may just be a ruse. He wanted to see the good in everyone, however, he found their color to be off, and that's what threw him for a loop. Maybe it was just a normal Kecleon that changed it's color to purple because where they live purple would hide them better. Who knew? Nightingale sure didn't and he didn't want to make any bold assumptions. "Is that a clue?" the ashen chinchilla asked as he stood on his hind legs, pointing with his front paw at the paper in hand.
Back to top Go down
Nightingale

Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling a puzzle with puzzles on more puzzles.   Puzzling a puzzle with puzzles on more puzzles. EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 1:28 am

As they refused the paw shake he seemed rather upset but then shrugged it off as being a little too friendly, after all this was a competition and they may need to stop working with one another and have to fight against each other if they got far enough into it. He snapped to attention as Yooka spoke, telling him about everything they seemed to do to try and make the puzzle work, even going as far as to burning and ripping. It seemed odd that they were given a puzzle unlike the rest of the Pokemon here but then again Yooka was a bit odd herself so Nightingale enjoyed how the puzzle and the Pokemon it was given to almost went hand and hand.

Nightingale looked at the Pokemon and then at the paper, his eyes scanned it over for a second and he blinked. "Have you tried getting the dust off? It looks dusty..." he admitted, not trying to be condescending but pointing out the somewhat obvious. He didn't have it in his hand, however, and it looked like it was the color of dust, however, it may not even be dust at all and he may just be taking this a little too easy. "I mean, the paper looks too thin to have anything underneath it like another piece of paper. And you can't destroy it you said..." His tail swished side to side as he thought about cleaning, it was a habit to clean things. Though Nightingale didn't really enjoy cleaning too much he would do what would have to be done if he wanted to win a prize. "Us Minccino and Cinccino have a habit of cleaning things anyway; it won't be too hard." He admitted, offering Yooka a hand in solving the puzzle.

The ash grey Pokemon reflected on the words of Yooka and how she told him that these puzzles are all different and that no Pokemon has made it past puzzle four. How many puzzles would there be? It seems like if four is the hardest then that would be the last one, wouldn't it? Maybe that is just what the pokemon who run this contest want others to think. Maybe there were ten puzzles, or one hundred. The Mega Alakazam just scared Nightingale, this was going to be a really hard day of thinking. And he wouldn't want it any other way.

Then another idea popped into his head. "Or how about soaking it in water? I mean, the paper can't be hurt. And you already tried burning it. So why don't we just try and wash off the color and see if there is anything underneath it?" Nightingale was trying his best as he wanted to think outside the box as best as he could. What would he do if he wanted to hide the answer to a puzzle? He would hide the answer out in the open, obviously. But that may not be the case for this. He didn't have many ideas to start with.
Back to top Go down
Nightingale

Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling a puzzle with puzzles on more puzzles.   Puzzling a puzzle with puzzles on more puzzles. EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 2:31 pm

((OOC Stuff)):

As Yooka placed the paper on the ground and let Nightingale 'have a go' he nodded and turned around as his tail started to clean the paper off. It was somewhat easy for him to do it, his tail almost having a mind of its own as it swayed back and forth. He had cleaned so many things before this so he knew that if this was just dust he could be as gentle as possible. Sure, it was a piece paper that wouldn't break. But he still wanted to be careful. After all, it was just soaked with water. After a good minute of cleaning Nightingale moved his tail and stepped away from the paper on the ground. Turning around to see what the paper had written on it.

"Um...I don't uh..." At a loss for words, he spoke in a confused tone. "It's gibberish. It's just numbers and letters. One, two, three, four..." His voice got quiet for a second before he continued "Thirty-seven lines of gibberish." His ears pressed against his head as he picked up the paper in one paw and stood on his hind legs to give it to Yooka. He managed to figure out the first piece of the puzzle but this was something else entirely. He could barely speak his own language, never mind trying to read a new one as confusing as this.

He was disheartened by this discovery because he didn't let it sway him. "What do you think about this? Does it make any sense to you?" He questioned as he waited for an answer. It was kind of saddened that he couldn't help more but he was happy enough he helped expose what the heck was written on the paper.
Back to top Go down
Nightingale

Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling a puzzle with puzzles on more puzzles.   Puzzling a puzzle with puzzles on more puzzles. EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 4:49 am

Minccino looked at the paper on the ground, it was confusing, to say the least. "I wish I could tell you it made sense but...I don't understand it. The letters and numbers are just there. Sometimes they repeat themselves but...it's weird..." Nightingale sat on his rump as he let out a huff, crossing his two front arms in a look of anger as he stared the paper down as if that would make the answer jump out at him. His face scrunched as he thought about every answer to the puzzle. Maybe the paper needed something else to make these footprint writings make sense. "Maybe it's a secret code?" He couldn't help but sigh as he tried his best to come up with ideas.

Their test had only just begun and yet it was obvious that this test was made to break their minds, or break their spirits. Whatever would come first. And it was pretty obvious Nightingale would be the first to crack. He never had the brains for all that 'bigger picture' stuff and thinking outside the box wasn't his forte. He wasn't used to thinking this hard and he sighed, sinking forward into the ground with his ears covering his head. A groan escaping his lips as he looked at the paper. His grey eyes shifted his gaze to Yooka.

"Do you have any ideas?" He asked, in a hopeful tone, wishing that this Keleon would know the answer right away. Then again it was wishful thinking. They did, however, say that was writing was old so they must have seen this type of writing before, right? The more questions he asked the more questions he had that were unanswered.
Back to top Go down
Nightingale

Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling a puzzle with puzzles on more puzzles.   Puzzling a puzzle with puzzles on more puzzles. EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 12:26 am

Nightingale nodded his head as he seemed to leave Yooka alone to do her things. He just spoke aloud, mostly to himself as he waited. His mind fixated on the piece of paper in front of him. "Maybe the numbers and letter mean something? Is it math?" His soft, feminine sounding voice was a low whisper so no one but Yooka and himself could hear it, just in case anyone was watching them trying to figure this out. His ears stayed fixated to his head as he looked at the paper. He hated math even more because it reminded him of his time in class back in his old town. But he shook the feeling off as he remembered Yooka saying it was an old language. Standing up and stretching his body he started to clean himself with his tail, dusting off the dirt that has collected on his rump and stomach. His grey eyes looking over the groups around the both of them.

Time felt to almost slow down as he waited. He was like a child and didn't like to wait. But he knew that he couldn't help in any way as this was a language he didn't know, so in reality, no matter how much he wanted to help he just couldn't. His paw gently kneaded the ground under him as he waited for Yooka to decipher the code on the paper.

OOC Stuff:
Back to top Go down
Nightingale

Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling a puzzle with puzzles on more puzzles.   Puzzling a puzzle with puzzles on more puzzles. EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 5:17 am

As Yooka worked Nightingale entertained himself, watching the fight unfold and smiling. He wasn't much of a help but as the battle ended he walked back over to his purple friend. "Did you mind anyth..." his words slowly faded out as he stared at the pieces of paper on the ground. It looked at though Yooka was going crazy and scrawling down notes like crazy as Nightingale was off and about, having fun and messing around while she was writing like a madwoman who's life was on the line. It was almost entertaining to watch. Until he thought about it more and realised that maybe it isn't so good as he wasn't doing anything but standing around and watching and not contributing to his team. His ears flattened as he sat back down with Yooka, sitting next to her and watching her write. He was more focused now, almost determined to prove that he was a vital asset to the team and wasn't just some pokemon who was wasting time and holding back the other.

His determination seemed to be his downfall though as he was frying his brain over nothing as this wasn't something he was good at, either deciphering or just code cracking...whatever it was, it was horrible for him to think about. Whoever could make a code like this and understand it could think far beyond the limit Nightingale could. It was somewhat disheartening but mostly, it was scary to think about. He sat there as he stared at the papers infront of him waiting for something to pop out at him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling a puzzle with puzzles on more puzzles.   Puzzling a puzzle with puzzles on more puzzles. Empty

Back to top Go down

Puzzling a puzzle with puzzles on more puzzles.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next