Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Snowy Standoff

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

Poké : 4490

Snowy Standoff Empty
PostSubject: Snowy Standoff   Snowy Standoff EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 8:57 am

Energy: 31 - 20 (entrance fee) - 11

Though the Minun was infamous for being horrible at directions, ending up in what appeared to be a frozen forest was definitely a new low.

"Argh, stupid map..." he grumbled to himself, walking while holding his old, tattered navigating tool in front of him. The parchment had seen better days, what with being waterlogged, torn at the edges, scorched, and crumpled multiple times. It was a miracle that Raze could make any sense of it at all. Sighing, he placed the map back into his bag and looked around: nothing but snow-capped trees and the blanket of white below. How did he even get here? In reality, he had chosen a "shortcut" to Rainfront Town, taken a few wrong turns, and eventually landed in the middle of nowhere. His footsteps could be seen for what seemed like forever as he turned around to take it all in.

Well, this sucks. Maybe I should have had Hidon or Cana with me. They can make fire and make this a little less cold, I guess. Oh, or maybe Ashen! She's pretty good at fighting, so maybe she would help me against some of the ferals that could be around here! Heck, I'd even take that freaky Erebus guy or Mewtwo to follow me around or something! Being alone around here is kinda creepy. It's pretty and all, but the silence is killing me. the Electric type thought. Wandering around this place would make him bored very, very quickly; if there was one thing that Raze hated, it was being bored. To pass the time in a futile attempt to entertain himself, the mouse began to hum a tune as he continued onwards.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

Snowy Standoff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowy Standoff   Snowy Standoff EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 6:44 am

Snowy Standoff 393
Namataki Shamshir the Piplup
Energy: 2 | Color: #00ffff | Level: 08

The snow fell gently to the floor of the icicle woods. She had been searching for what seemed to have been centuries at this point, but she still found not a single sign of any of her friends. The blue penguin took in a deep breath before exhaling slowly as she looked up at the dark sky above. Her attention focused on a single falling snowflake that floated down onto her beak. She gave her head a shake to hid herself of the snow that had been building upon her body before returning to her temporary shelter. Today was a slow one for the little Namataki.

She had been wandering for quite a long time and stopped to take a rest under the cover of a rotting tree. The tree provided a curve just above to shield her from the elements. She had a small stack of dried sticks, but she lacked the ability to create a fire. The cold did not truly bother her, but some warmth would have been nice to have. She had tried again and again to start a fire, but it had simply resulted in frustration. She laid back against the bark of the old tree and studied the outside. Where was she going to go now?

Her thoughts were interrupted by a distinct sound of humming. At first she had thought it was the wind. The continuous and ever growing sound convinced her otherwise. Her eyes widened. Humming was never a good sign in icy areas such as this. What was the name of that pokemon? There was some kind of ghost and ice pokemon that hummed in snowy areas like this. Their hums were like a siren's song if she remembered the stories Jade used to tell correctly. Was it fact or fiction, was the question? Jade was a smart snivy, but during those nights they told spooky stories, he usually based his stories on some kind of truth or legend.

Fear struck her heart as she listened to the sound grow closer. No, she did not want to become an icy statue! Namataki shook her head in an attempt to clear it. She had to be brave, like Garnet! She would just fight them head on was all! She felt the power of the water type turn within her as she stood up. The tips of her wings curled into little fists as watched the entrance of her shelter. Should she say something to get it to go away or would that just alert it of her presence? She gave a sharp and quiet gasp as a thought crossed her mind...what if it could smell her fear?

She could not take any chances. She needed to be smart like Jade and think. Think Namataki, think! She tapped her wing against her head as she struggled to come up with an idea. One dawned to her at last. She took a deep breath once more. She filled her lungs with as much air as she could muster before she shouted, "INTRUDER! YOU HAVE STEPPED UPON THE LAND OF THE GREAT AND MIGHTY SPIRIT OF THE ICE! LEAVE, ELSE SHARE THE FATE OF MANY WHO HAVE FAILED TO OBEY!"

...That should make the pokemon go away right?
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

Snowy Standoff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowy Standoff   Snowy Standoff EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 3:04 am

{OOC: TFW you accidentally delete your reply and have to rewrite it from scratch}

Energy: 11

When the booming voice echoed around the area, Raze dropped his bag and charged himself up with enough power to cause his body to start shining with the voltage. Though not good for remaining sneaky and deceptive for when he charges up his attacks, it's a bad habit that the Minun has had trouble controlling in the past. That much electricity in such a tiny body is sure to give it away without question. Why does there have to be a Ghost Type around here?! Damn my luck, this is gonna end badly... the mouse thought to himself, looking around frantically for any sign of a Pokémon. Nothing caught his eye.

"Uh... What happened to the ones that didn't?" he squeaked, realizing how dumb the question was a few moments later. Logic was never his strong point, but it was obviously something bad if the voice told him to leave! "I-I mean no! Sorry, kinda blanked out for a second. I would leave right now, but I'm looking for Rainfront Town. So much for shortcuts, am I right?" he chuckled nervously, letting his paw settle idly towards the opening of his bag only to realize that he recently stored all of his adventuring items. Raze doubted that the map would help at all in a situation like this. If the ghost were to give him directions anyways, how could he trust them with or without the piece of parchment?

This situation brought back memories of his life back home. His sister would make up some puzzles and questions for him to solve while she simply observed. This time, however, no one was there to correct him for making a wrong mistake. Just then, a thought hit him. Wait... I met a somewhat friendly Ghost Type before! I just have to try and act natural, unafraid, and only book it if they're scary! Raze schemed, nodding and taking a few deep breaths to compose himself. The frosty air made his breath visible to the naked eye, puffing a small stream of wisps before dispelling both his nerves and the doubts he had. "Do you mind coming out or something? I'd rather we talk face-to-face. My name is Raze!" he beamed, waiting for a response.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Snowy Standoff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowy Standoff   Snowy Standoff EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 12:21 pm

Snowy Standoff 393

Oh...woah, it's actually working! The piplup had hoped it would work, but somewhere in the back of her mind she just figured she would need to prepare herself for battle. The piplup listened to the voice, still unable to see the other pokemon. She had successfully terrified the other pokemon! Now if only she could make it leave.

The voice squeaked a question, inquiring about those apparent souls that have lost their way in this great forest of the winter. She gave off a sinister cackle, or at least what she considered to be sinister. She was not exactly the best liar in the world and acting was a sub par category at the least. She pounded her chest needlessly as she spoke out with the most deep and terrifying voice she could muster, "THEY WERE KILLED OF COURSE!" She made extra sure to put emphasis on the terrifying word in attempt to create greater impact.

The pokemon revealed that they were looking for a way to Rainfront. This most certainly was a shortcut to Rainfront, but she needed the pokemon to go the opposite way in order to avoid discovery. She hesitated for a second, a bit conflicted. She did not want to send the other pokemon to their death by telling them they were going the wrong way. What if they got lost? She shook her head in attempt to clear her guilty conscious, "YOU ARE CERTAINLY GOING THE RIGHT WAY....BUT YOU MUST GO AROUND."

"FAR AROUND."

"REALLY. REALLY. FAR. AROUND."

"LIKE TWO MILES."

Ick, her voice was certainly not appreciating this. She froze as the other pokemon asked if she could come out. That was definitely a negative. She needed to think of a reason, but what could she possibly say? She needed to respond quickly, otherwise the other pokemon might think she's up to something.

"UHH..." what a perfect way to start an explanation, good going Namataki!

"I AM OUT?" The piplup's flipper smacked against her forehead. Stupid! Stupid! Quick, make up something else!

"I HAVE NO BODY NOR FACE!" Yeah, that might work! This could work, "I AM THE SPIRIT OF THE ICE, I AM THE EMBODIMENT OF WINTER NATUUURRE! I WILL F*CKING FREEZE YOU ON THE SPOT IF YOU DON'T STOP ASKING QUESTIONS TOO!" That should get him to shut up. A cocky smirk appeared on her expression as she rubbed her two fins together. It was all going according to the plan...that she was coming up with on the spot.
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

Snowy Standoff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowy Standoff   Snowy Standoff EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 5:14 am

Energy: 11

Something wasn't right here. If this really was a spirit like that, wouldn't he already be a negatively charged popsicle? Even if they were still real, what was the hesitation in its voice before the last statement? Allowing the electricity to build, he shook his head and continued to look around. Hmm... No, this is the real deal. Why would anyone try to pretend to be some "ice spirit" thing or whatever they called it? Raze thought, nodding and allowing sparks to dance across his body as he scanned the area more cautiously. "L-Look, I just wanna get to Rainfront Town through here. C-Can you at least cut me some slack this one time?" he pleaded. The Minun could feel his heart racing, his breaths becoming more and more shaky. Every time the cool breeze brushed against his back, he turned around in a panic.

"S-Seriously, not funny!" the Electric type shouted with a prominent blush on his face. Maybe it was embarrassment, maybe it was just the effects of the cold. he tightened the grip on his cape and allowed the sparks to shimmer and dance along his body, too freaked out to care about whether or not the entity was in range or not. The next small sound that managed to reach his ears made him quickly shout and release the wild bolt, praying that whatever was messing with him would have at least seen the array of lightning and known that he had at least some way of defending himself. Aw man, why did I come this way again? Now some ice spirit thing is gonna turn me into an ice cream cone!

MCLikeANinja carried out 10 launched of one Icicle Woods :
Snowy Standoff WbShVpM , Snowy Standoff HU7Di3p , Snowy Standoff B0L376Z , Snowy Standoff QgD9XN8 , Snowy Standoff QgD9XN8 , Snowy Standoff BWjrBHO , Snowy Standoff 7EMwszH , Snowy Standoff THuoVKG , Snowy Standoff 3h5GGuj , Snowy Standoff 3h5GGuj
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Snowy Standoff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowy Standoff   Snowy Standoff EmptyFri Sep 16, 2016 9:46 am

[quote="BlueKat12"]
Snowy Standoff 393

She found herself growing mildly annoyed. Why would they not just leave already? She was trying so hard too! Why did Jade's plans always work and not her own? The pokemon questioned her once more, asking if they could be cut some slack. "NO." she responded immediately.

"YOU MUST GO AROUND...FAR AROUND...LIKE I SAID..." Oooh...she was feeling a bit bad. She did not want to approach the pokemon or just stop in case they were dangerous. What if they just got mad because she kept it up this long or even attempted it in the first place? The guilt began to weigh itself on her. What if they just did not have the supplies to last? What if they died like Jade and Garnet probably did?

She whined quietly in frustration with herself as she came to a final decision, "...ALRIGHT. YOU MAY PASS...BUT UNDER ONE CONDITION!" she began.

"YOU MUST AVOID EYE CONTACT WITH THE TREES AND ANYTHING AROUND THEM. JUST LOOK DOWN AND KEEP WALKING. DEFY MY RULING AND YOU WILL BE PRESENTED AS A ICE STATUE TO ALL WHO DEFY ME!" she really hoped this worked...

ooc//short post is short rip
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

Snowy Standoff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowy Standoff   Snowy Standoff EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:40 am

{OOC: Tfw all of your posts are as short if not shorter /shot}

Energy: 11 - 26 (rolls' results) = 0

Though still as terrified as ever, Raze couldn't shake off the nagging feeling that something was going on. What with the warnings of avoiding eye contact and continuing onwards, especially the part about avoiding looking at the trees, it would take a lot to tell him not to. Heh, it's like they don't know me or something! I always do something I'm specifically told not to! the mouse reasoned with a mischievous glint in his eye. "Hmm... So you don't want me to look at the trees, huh? Why not? I just think a certain someone is shy! You can come on out, I don't bite! I'd love it if you returned the favor, though..." he trailed off, scanning the area. The occasional Swinub was seen shuffling along in the snow in the distance, but nothing else seemed to catch his eye but the trees.

"Wait. Are you playing hide and seek or something? Ooh, I love that game! Guess I'm it, huh? Ready or not, here I come!" Raze exclaimed, dropping his bag and looking in the trees one by one in an attempt to find the Piplup who he believed to be some sort of ice spirit. It was only a matter of time until he was close enough to spot her.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Snowy Standoff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowy Standoff   Snowy Standoff EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 11:25 pm

Snowy Standoff 393

WHAT!? No, no, no! This wasn't good!

"I AM NOT SHY I JUST DO NOT LIKE TRAVELERS UPON MY LAND!"
she cried out, more desperate than before. Her heart began to pound as if it wanted to leap out of her chest and check out at the nearest motel for a vacation.

"I-IF YOU COME ANY CLOSER I WILL FREEZE YOU!" the piplup declared, "STATUE FOR ALL TO SEE! GO AWAY! THAT MEANS YOU'LL DIE MORON!" Honestly she was just spewing what she could to get the other pokemon to leave. Ugh, she was losing her cool! If Garnet and Jade were here they would have executed this plan PERFECTLY!

She could hear the footsteps of the approaching pokemon. It was at this point that she gave up on trying to talk her way out of it. If she was lucky, maybe she could blast the other pokemon's face with an Ice Beam. She took in a deep breath, holding it as she waited for the pokemon to come into sight. If the pokemon were to reach her field of vision, she would attempt to blast the pokemon with the attack before fleeing to the other side of the tree and resume her facade of being the apparent ice spirit that inhabited this land.

ooc//lol im used to averaging 500
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

Snowy Standoff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowy Standoff   Snowy Standoff EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 6:05 am

Energy: 0

These warnings went unheeded by the curious little Minun, giggling as he peeked his head into yet another tree. Maybe it was just his choice to remain this blissfully unaware of the Piplup, or maybe he truly was this oblivious: it didn't matter at the end. What was important was that he had no clue what was going on and that he truly believed he was playing a game of hide-and-seek with some sort of ghost. "C'mon, don't be shy! I promise you, I'm friendly! Sure, I might have scared a Charmander into a lake once or twice and possibly angered a giant angry cat demon thing. But those were all accidents, I swear! Ask Ashen, she'll tell you all about it!" Raze squeaked with a grin on his face. With the next step, he was right inside of the hidden Pokemon's field of vision...

Suddenly, a freezing, concentrated blast shot out at his left wrist and pinned him to the floor, stomach down. In an instant the mouse went into full panic mode, struggling desperately to pull his arm free of the ice. "O-Okay, okay! I get it, I'll go away or something! Just p-please don't hurt me! Better yet, maybe get me out of this thing?!" he wailed like a child. To any bystanders, the situation would most likely look absolutely hilarious. His bag was thrown a few steps away and out of his reach, helplessly pinned to the ice flailing about in an effort to liberate his wrist. ...Well, this sucks. Electricity doesn't melt ice. I might be here for a while, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Snowy Standoff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowy Standoff   Snowy Standoff EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 6:53 am

Snowy Standoff 393

Crunch...crunch...crunch...

She could hear the very snow crushing underneath the stranger's footsteps. He was giggling. The little piplup's imagination was put to work as she imagined just who might be approaching. A tall terrifying monster. It had to have been light enough so that the ground did not quake with each step, but big enough to have a gullet that would swallow her whole. The piplup began to shake as her imagination ran rampant. Red glaring eyes that would stare holes into you, long sharp daggers for teeth that could tear her apart, that sinister laugh that sounded so innocent...did it know?

Her heart seemed to stop at the thought. It had to have figured her out. She was being hunted, was she not? The piplup could feel sweat beginning to form despite the cool temperature air. The monster grew closer. She took in a deep breath, her cheeks puffed out to their fullest as the monster continued to talk. Oh Arceus, was it bragging about its previous feats now!? Chase a charmander into a lake? Did the monster know it was her this entire time? Was this some demon sent from Arceus himself to punish her for not joining her friends in the after life!?

Another step and she saw it. She wasted no time in unleashing the beam of ice upon the unfortunate being. No! She would not die today! She would live, live enough for the both of her friends! Without waiting to see if the monster had even been affected by it, she turned and darted around the tree so that she was on the opposite side.

The original plan was to continue into the forest, far away from the demon. She stopped, however. The voice of the demon cried out, the voice toned with panic as it begged to be freed. The only conclusion she could draw, was that she had frozen it. She dared not to leave the safety of her tree just yet. Her back was pressed against the bark as she listened to the frantic and terrified tone of the beast. It had promised to go away, but what if it was some elaborate ruse?

She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath. Her heart felt as if it was bound to leap out of her chest still. She exhaled slowly and quietly, the very steam that puffed out from her beak seeming to shiver along with her fearful little body. She opened her eyes.

She was going to do it.

She was going to look at the demon.

The piplup flipped herself around so that her belly was to the bark rather than her back. Slowly, she peered over to the side to gaze at the demon that had been sent forth fromt he depths of hell itself. A demon that was bound to be powerful, able to rip things apart just by touching them, a demon that was...a minun.

Her mind seemed to encounter a critical error as she got a good look at the so called demon that she had been terrified of this entire time. Her beak's jaw dropped open as an eye brow raised. The minun flailed helplessly in the snow as the ice from her attack had pinned him to the ground. The piplup's wings dropped from the bark to her sides, no longer hugging the tree for protection.

She seemed to process this for a moment, before rage began to boil within her soul. Her eye gave a twitch. THIS was what she had been scared of? THIS was the all terrifying monster?

"What the f*ck is wrong with you going around and scaring people like that!?" she shouted at the top of her lungs, her wings flailing at her sides as if to emphasize her point. All fear that had been farmed before had now rotted away as it was burned by the flames of anger and disappointment with herself.

The piplup stomped closer to the minun, no longer hiding behind the shelter that the tree held. A minun. That was it? That was what all of this had built up to? Honestly, she would have been more satisfied to see a quagsire!

"You can't just go around creepin' mons out like that!"
she chastised the minun as she made her way over to the pile of ice that pinned the minun to assist him in freeing him from the prison, "It's dangerous out here!"

ooc// merp
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

Snowy Standoff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowy Standoff   Snowy Standoff EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 5:28 am

Energy: 0

To Raze, about half of the fear that had been present when the beam shot out and trapped him to the snow-coated ground, helpless as a Caterpie in an Ariados web, was replaced with raw relief after the few moments of silence were broken by the "ice spirit". Though he still couldn't see the source of the Ice Beam, it was nice to know that they at least sounded normal. "Scaring people? Hey, I-I didn't think I was that scary! If anything, you scared me way more than I scared you!" he responded, still tugging away at the icy prison encasing his wrist. No dice. Managing to plant his feet to the floor and using his full body weight (though not much) to pull himself free, the mouse was able to barely move his arm. He grinned in satisfaction for a moment, about to respond again before finally being broken away from the frozen trap. He pushed off of the ice as his wrist escaped, sending him onto his rear in the snow. With that, he dared to take a good look at the Pokemon responsible for the scheme...

It was a Piplup. Of all of the Pokemon that could have done it, it was a Piplup.

At first, the Minun had no idea what to say. First it was surprise, then it was shock, then anger, and finally outright confusion that took hold and held his tongue tight. He could utter no words, studying up the Pokemon before him. It wasn't until a few moments later that he finally snapped out of the trance with a hasty reply. "Uh... Thanks, I guess?" he mumbled, massaging his wrist. The cold sensation still remained, almost as if his whole arm was numb after just one blast. Returning back to his feet and dusting himself off, Raze forced a smile and responded with the most casual tone he could muster. It wasn't very impressive considering that he literally thought that he would die about a minute ago. "Yeah, I know it's dangerous out here. Why else would I come? It's a shortcut to the place that I want to go, it's fun to see a new place, and I was hoping that I could get a little training in! Why do you ask?"
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Snowy Standoff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowy Standoff   Snowy Standoff EmptyWed Nov 30, 2016 2:20 pm

Snowy Standoff 393

The minun had successfully been freed. The piplup folded one arm over the other as she stared at the minun with quite the disapproving look. Her foot tapped against the forest floor impatiently as she watched the minun checked on his unfortunate arm. The smile the minun delivered was forced, but it did not fool the great and clever mind that was Namataki's.

The minun knew it was a dangerous shortcut and yet he still came? Namataki only had one response for such an answer to her question, "Oh so you're stupid." Blunt, but she was not exactly known for possessing a filter between her brain and her beak.

"It aint worth going some place new if you're just going to get wrecked!" she scolded the Minun, though she did not really have any place in doing so since she was not all too strong herself. She pointed a flipper at the minun while the other flipper bent and rested on her hip.

"And don't thank me," she commented, "I was the one that put you in that situation." She seemed to be a bit mildly annoyed at being thanked. It was quite ungrateful and rude, especially with the tone to her voice. Unlike a certain grass snake friend of hers, she was not one to accept empty grace.

ooc// merp
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Snowy Standoff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowy Standoff   Snowy Standoff Empty

Back to top Go down

Snowy Standoff
Page 1 of 1