Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Try not to BUG OUT

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Crytic

Crytic

Poké : 0

Try not to BUG OUT Empty
PostSubject: Try not to BUG OUT   Try not to BUG OUT EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 1:53 am

Eve wasn't too happy, eyes darting around. Her adventure was supposed to be fun. She was supposed to be going out to far off lands, finding amazing things, find out amazing forgotten heroes. Just like the stories she was told. But upon coming here, a bad pokemon had attacked her and a good small pokemon had to try to stop him. Luckily they had gotten out of that. This place was nothing like home. Maybe there were bad pokemon because there were so many. Eve could easily name all the pokemon back home because there were not so many. At the moment, Eve was holding her bag in her little arms in front of her, using it as a shield in case something else came at her. She had never felt so helpless, having to face such a mean pokemon. Just how many pokemon were like that one that attacked her... or worse?!
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

Try not to BUG OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Try not to BUG OUT   Try not to BUG OUT EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 2:06 am

It was the first time he'd been back to Grassveil since he'd evolved, and Russell was rather enjoying the new angle at which he saw the world. The town still had the same feeling of home that he'd felt all the years he'd lived here with his parents for, but at the same time from his higher vantage point, it finally felt like he'd truly grown into something his family could be proud of.

Of course, as homely as Grassveil Town was, the place was no longer his true home. That honour belonged to the Windrose Library, although Grassveil Town definitely seemed to bring on an almost nostalgia every time he came back here nowadays.

Just glancing around and taking in the atmosphere of the town, Russell laid eyes on a rather young looking individual. It was a Ralts, and though he felt utterly safe around within the town's borders, this youngster seemed to look at everyone else with an air of nervousness that didn't seem to wane.

Curious, and wondering if he could do anything to help he moved closer to the Ralts, trying not to be too sudden with his movements in case he startled the nervous pokemon.
"Uhm. Hi there. Are you alright?" he asked carefully, though his voice was warm and gentle, "You seem rather on edge..."
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org
Crytic

Crytic

Try not to BUG OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Try not to BUG OUT   Try not to BUG OUT EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 2:31 am

Eve turned to look at the bug type once she was addressed, feeling out the emotions of the pokemon. He seemed... Positive. Not bad in any way. Though she still clutched the bag protectively, she spoke up. "W-well... I just came here yesterday. I wanted to do so many things but... This place is so scary. The pokemon here aren't all good like at back home. And there are so many of them. I thought... I heard stories that this was a good place. That the guild protected weaker pokemon. But they... didn't find me. I was only saved by another pokemon by chance. I just... I dreamed of going out in the world and seeing fantastic things. But... the world is scary. Maybe I should give up and go home?" Eve looked down, about defeated. Maybe adventure wasn't all that it was cracked up to be? So far it had been nothing but dangerous, nothing like the stories she read.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Try not to BUG OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Try not to BUG OUT   Try not to BUG OUT EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 2:45 am

Russell listened intently to the Ralts's story and couldn't help but feel sympathy for her. She must have had a rather unlucky experience, especially for a first time being here. He'd not seen that many crimes happening in Grassveil and he had lived here for years before moving on. He wondered how he would convey this to the youngster.

The other half of her speech also resonated with the Mothim and he smiled almost sadly at her words before he spoke up in response.
"Well you know, most of the pokemon here aren't that bad. I used to live here. For a long time, when I was still a little Burmy. I've seen unsavoury types come through Grassveil, but they're never here for long. Your encounter was unlucky, but I don't think it would happen again. Isn't it worth giving it a second chance just in case?" he reasoned with her, landing gently in front of her so that he was closer to her level, rather than hovering a small distance in the air above her. If his words didn't work, then he had his own story he could tell her.
Back to top Go down
Crytic

Crytic

Try not to BUG OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Try not to BUG OUT   Try not to BUG OUT EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 11:27 am

Eve listened to the bug type talk, bolstered by his positive feelings. She looked at him as she responded. Its just... I've always loved stories. But the best stories are those that are true, ones that make the history of the world. I mean... Fantasy is nice, but its ten times cooler if it actually happened!" She put her bag down and opened it, pulling out a book named "Major Events of the World". "I've read this a million times. It has tons of stories like the start of civilization and towns to times when our world was threatened with great danger. I want to discover more stories that have never been seen, but... I don't know if I can. Not after what happened yesterday. I couldn't even call out for help. I was saved by that Goomy just because I was lucky..." Eve frowned a bit, that doubt starting to worm its way back again.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Try not to BUG OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Try not to BUG OUT   Try not to BUG OUT EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 3:20 pm

The Mothim listened to the Ralts's words, not interrupting and considering them all as she conveyed her situation to him. She seemed to have dreams, just not the confidence to strive for them.

"You know, I used to be this tiny little Burmy," he began, thinking back to when he'd worked at the market stalls in this very town's square in order to help his parents, "My mother and father were always worried that if I went to far, I'd get hurt because I was just this tiny little bug, but my dream is to map the entire world, and you can't do that just by staying in Grassveil Town under the safety and protection of others."

"You may have been lucky this time, but that's why you need to strive to get stronger, and you can only get stronger by not giving up or giving in. You have to hold on to your dreams, and use them as your fuel for achieving the best possible version of yourself."

"For me, sometimes it was dangerous, yes,"
he admitted, "But that's why I gained friends and allies to help me out with the things that I cannot do. Although I was once only a tiny Burmy whose parents were overprotective of him, now I am the leader of the Windrose Scouts. Everyone starts somewhere, and you are capable of many things. I have a feeling that you'll be able to see a great many things, you just need to make sure you don't give up at the very first hurdle."
Back to top Go down
Crytic

Crytic

Try not to BUG OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Try not to BUG OUT   Try not to BUG OUT EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 3:30 pm

The small Ralts considered his words. What he was saying was a bit familiar. In the stories she read, heroic pokemon always had great hurdles to get past. Obstacles that most pokemon would shy away from. That is what made them who they were. The best characters weren't perfect. They had their own sets of problems. Maybe... this was her's? Just look at this one. From her own understanding, bug types weren't too strong compared to others. Yet this one wanted to travel the world and map it out. Clearly this one was at a disadvantage, but he kept going. Maybe... maybe she gave up too quickly. But at the same time, she needed to have protection. She wasn't too strong. Eve sighed a bit. "Where do you think I should start? I mean... I want to look at things out there, but I can't handle it alone. Not right now."
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Try not to BUG OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Try not to BUG OUT   Try not to BUG OUT EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 3:44 pm

Russell's antenna perked up as the Ralts seemed to take in his words and think on them. Was he getting what he meant across to her okay? He hoped so. He wasn't always the greatest with words though.

"I'm not entirely sure where you should start if you're looking for lots of history, but there are a few dungeons nearby that aren't too bad for your first dungeoning experience. I could always go with you if you want, too," he smiled warmly. He did know of some nearby ruins that were worth studying, but perhaps the Ralts wasn't quite up to going there yet? He'd see if he could help her develop her exploration skills first and go from there, if she'd let him.
Back to top Go down
Crytic

Crytic

Try not to BUG OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Try not to BUG OUT   Try not to BUG OUT EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 3:28 am

Again Eve scanned the bug type for negative emotions, yet she found none. He was a good pokemon and he was offering to help out. That was a relief. Maybe if she got practice exploring around, she'd be better at it. After all, if the books she read were any indication, the only way to find the best historical knowledge was to explore places no one goes to. These places could be dangerous. She knew now that it wasn't a good idea to rush into it, but the idea of working her way to it was a good one. And if she could get the help of this friendly pokemon, even better. "Thank you very much mister. You are really nice. If you really don't mind, I would really appreciate a partner to teach me how things work out here. I promise that if I can, I'll return the favor one day." One thing Eve's parents had taught her? Always repay a kindness. It was the right thing to do.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Try not to BUG OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Try not to BUG OUT   Try not to BUG OUT EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 3:48 am

The Mothim smiled joyfully as the Ralts accepted his offer to accompany her, his cheeks warming as she called him a nice pokemon. He really didn't do well with complements it seemed, even small ones.

"Oh, ah. No, i-it's fine, you don't have to repay me or anything," he managed to get out, waving his little white hand-like limbs, "I'm happy just to help out someone who needs it. Although I suppose I should introduce myself," he chuckled lightly, finally relaxing again.
"I'm Russell. Pleased to meet you," he smiled, gently flapping his wings as if to test the air around them.
Back to top Go down
Crytic

Crytic

Try not to BUG OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Try not to BUG OUT   Try not to BUG OUT EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 4:06 am

The Ralts smiled to him. "My parents taught me that if anyone was nice to me, I should try to be nice to them. So far, you are the nicest one here. You are going out of your way to make me feel better and help me." She put her book away, listening to his introduction. "Its very nice to meet you Mister Russell. My name is Eve. I come from a small village far away. There are so many pokemon here, I never imagined such a number. So..." She tried to think of a new topic. "You mentioned scouts or something? What is that?"
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Try not to BUG OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Try not to BUG OUT   Try not to BUG OUT EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 2:27 pm

The Mothim couldn't help but smile back as the Ralts explained why she wanted to repay him for his kindness. Honestly, he was a little embarrassed at being called nice and being called out on being especially helpful. He wasn't sure why he felt that way, maybe it was just because kindness should just be a thing that everyone did and he shouldn't have to be thanked for it.

Nevertheless he made sure to remember Eve's name, and then brightened a little at her question.
"Oh the Windrose Scouts? We're an organisation that strives to explore all the corners of the world and document what we find there. I formed it because of my dream to map the entire world, and since there are places that I can't go, even with wings like these, i'd need the help of other pokemon in order to complete it," he replied, explaining as briefly as possible what WS was and why they existed.
Back to top Go down
Crytic

Crytic

Try not to BUG OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Try not to BUG OUT   Try not to BUG OUT EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 3:56 am

Eve listen carefully, intrigued by the organization Russell had made. I actually seemed very interesting to her. Going all over the world to find out things? That was what she wanted to do pretty much! But... was he looking for someone like her? Was she eligible? She thought and then nodded, making a decision. "Mister Russell, the Windrose Scouts sound amazing. If you are looking for help, I'd love to join. If you will take me. I want to learn all about the history of the world. I promise I am very smart and I know a little unown lettering. I can read it a little, enough to understand things a bit. Can I please join?!"
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Try not to BUG OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Try not to BUG OUT   Try not to BUG OUT EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 9:49 pm

Russell grinned brightly at the Ralts's enthusiasm, just as he did when anyone expressed interest in the organisation he had built from the ground up. He was proud of his accomplishments, but he still felt just as affected every time anyone someone came to him with this much enthusiasm for exploring and discovering the unknown.

"Of course you can join! You'd be perfect for the Windrose Scouts with interests such as yours. To join though, you must complete one entry challenge. But if you're up for said challenge, I can easily assign you one now. Once it's done though you'll have to write me a report on your challenge and how it sent, as being a member of the Windrose Scouts does require you to write about your findings so that they may be shared with our other members," he explained, trying once more to illustrate clearly what Eve would need to do in order to join.

"Joining is done this way both so we can test skills, and also so I can gauge a little of what someone is like before they join. Although the second part is less relevant to you as you seem like you'd be hardworking when it comes to anything history related."
Back to top Go down
Crytic

Crytic

Try not to BUG OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Try not to BUG OUT   Try not to BUG OUT EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 10:40 pm

Eve smiled at the older pokemon and nodded. "Thank you Mr. Russell. I promise I'll try my best to prove myself and work hard! Oh! And writing a report isn't so bad! I write my own diary regularly and when I do discover historical things, someone is gonna have to make it into books for everyone else to read! Maybe this will be good practice? Oh, maybe we could sell copies of history books that I write to other pokemon and earn a little extra money? People learn more things and it helps the scouts! Its a win win!"

Eve was clearly excited for this. This was it! This was what she wanted to do! To go out there on an adventure and discover things! And she was being a good pokemon in the process! She couldn't wait to tell her parents about this... well after she passed the test. She was sure Mister Russell wouldn't pick an unfair test though. He seemed like a decent pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Try not to BUG OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Try not to BUG OUT   Try not to BUG OUT Empty

Back to top Go down

Try not to BUG OUT
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: Grassveil Town :: Grassveil Town-
Jump to: