Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Application and Aspiration

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

Poké : 4490

Application and Aspiration - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Application and Aspiration   Application and Aspiration - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 3:03 am

First topic message reminder :

At first, Adamantine had no idea of the feeling of teleportation. The sensation was almost as if it was whisked away at a moment's notice and halted to a stop gently yet forcefully. Its "head" stopped spinning and regained its steady, levitating position. "Oh dear, that was not pleasant..." the Beldum said with a hint of dizziness. Clyde meant well with his offer to teleport them both to the Grassveil Guild, but the robot-like Pokémon felt the backlash of the plan as the room slowly stopped spinning. "That was very foreign, please excuse me... I must adjust to the feeling of teleportation..." it said with a queasy expression in its eye.

After a few more seconds to regain its bearings, Adam was ready. Ready to apply for the guild, ready to take on missions, and ready to help tons of Pokémon. Sure, there were strange events occurring, what with the so-called "holy war" some spoke of, but the Beldum knew nothing of the details. A call had reached three "prophets", each with their own vision from legends. One from Arceus seeking peace, one from Zygarde seeking restoration, and one from Giratina seeking freedom. Currently, Adamantine thought of Arceus to be the best option, but the fact that it knew nothing of the god's task threw the Steel type off. How could it aid the theoretical creator of the universe if it knew nothing of its requirements?

...Perhaps the Guildmaster knows something about this. I should ask her once I have the chance. it thought with a light nod. The first order of business would be to apply for the guild; questions about this "holy war" would come after, if the opportunity presented itself. The Beldum turned to its Abra companion and motioned towards the door. "I believe that we should knock, no?"
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

PostSubject: Re: Application and Aspiration   Application and Aspiration - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 3:26 am

Adamantine thought about it for a second, but disregarded the facts that it considered unproven. It wasn't much, but it was something towards figuring out what was really going on. "I see. Well, the only bits of information I know to be correct are the fact that three legends are waging war for supremacy over the fate of the world: Arceus for peace and order, Zygarde for neutrality and constancy, and Giratina for freedom and rights. I myself would support Lord Arceus, but not all of my acquaintances agree with my point of view. Three prophets were supposedly 'chosen' to share their visions, but no physical evidence supports this as of yet. Of course, all of these events take place after the strange event of a virus-like plague, warping the minds of the affected to the point of near insanity..." Saying all of these things made Adam feel like some sort of scientist rather than one to follow fairy tales and legendary stories. The Beldum received little knowledge of their existence while with the flock, and even less with its Aron companion.

"If anything, I find the presence of legends in our dimension to be quite intriguing. The fact that they could possibly be in possession of a history and legacy no other Pokémon has achieved is truly fascinating, if I must comment." It wouldn't be surprised if Faye and Clyde had fallen asleep or something during its ramblings, but the mechanical-like being couldn't help but geek out about the mythical beings. Adamantine felt almost guilty for hogging the conversation, but wasn't about to let up with questions if they arose. All of this information was just talk around town, but it was a solid base to a theory the metal entity was forming.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application and Aspiration   Application and Aspiration - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 3:55 am

Clyde leaned back in his chair and listened to Adam speak about what he knew. Seemed to be around what he knew, but maybe the Beldum made it sound more sophisticated with his vocabulary. While either of the three legendaries views seem good, they each would play out differently in the world. With Arceus's vision, there would be peace. But with Giritina, the polar opposite of Arceus, there would most likely be chaos.

Clyde looked at the Guildmaster, waiting for a response to come from her. Based on her face, this wasn't her favorite thing to talk about. Hopefully she will be able to find something, or one of the exploration teams will find more pieces to this puzzle. Clyde would like to see a cure to the virus going around, but that would be tricky. They would first have to figure out what causes the Pokemon to behave the way they do, and then learn how to treat it.
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

Poké : 12294

PostSubject: Re: Application and Aspiration   Application and Aspiration - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 1:03 pm

Faye listened to the robotic Pokémon speak, and it was no surprise that most Pokémon who had been to Grassveil Town at least knew the basics. It would have been more difficult to not have heard about it. But even though they all had heard about it… It didn't mean they understood it. The Meganium looked serious as she listened, nodding occasionally.

"I'm afraid we haven't still found much information based on what exactly causes Pokémon to act the way they do," she had to unfortunately admit, not having made much progress in that area. However, the Guildmaster soon continued, not letting such a thing falter her or her faith in the Guild.
"What we know of the Legendary Pokémon are mostly ancient texts and myths. In them, a picture is painted clearly: Arceus as a benevolent creature that had, at some point, stopped this Giratina and imprisoned him. It seems now that he would like to escape, if he has not already…"

"...But the history is written by the winners. All of the Legendaries promise something through their chosen prophets that someone would value over everything else. It's hard to say if some of them are lying or telling the truth, but leaving out parts of it," Faye spoke, tilting her head slightly and frowning. Not having any way to actually contact these mysterious Pokémon face to face, it made quite difficult trying to understand their exact nature.
"It could be that the darkening clouds and the frenzied Pokémon are caused by Giratina, one of the other three or perhaps it is completely unrelated. Unfortunately, I haven't managed to find out much about this Zygarde..."
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

PostSubject: Re: Application and Aspiration   Application and Aspiration - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 11:55 pm

The metal entity nodded its head and noticed the Guildmaster's facial expression. Of course, it couldn't blame her; mostly everyone was as confused as ever. Adamantine had heard of Arceus and Giratina a lot, but Zygarde? Not a word was spoken of this legendary whatsoever. What did it look like? Why is it striving for neutrality on the situation? What is so special about it? The questions kept coming, but none could be answered except by its prophet and the legend itself. "That has been worrying me quite a bit. We know nothing of this 'Zygarde' legendary, and even less of its intentions and identity. As for Giratina, I am sure that the mysterious infections are the effects of its actions. As far as I know, the only way to dispel it would be natural cure, built immunity and testing, or defeating Giratina." The Beldum wasn't entirely sure if any of those were correct, but the hypotheses seemed valid at the moment.

At this point, Adam was still trying to piece things together before even beginning to act. As of the moment, not even applying the information from Faye yielded any answers as to solving the issues. "Clyde, do you happen to know anything about this? Any sort of information not previously stated would provide a lot of help." it said in its monotone, turning to the Abra.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application and Aspiration   Application and Aspiration - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 7:32 am

When Adam had asked Clyde for his understanding of the events going on, he wasn't quite sure what to say. He thought for a moment and collected whatever he thought could be considered helpful. He hasn't come into contact with anyone being infected, so he could only theorize what would help them.

"Well, in the event that we happen to defeat Giritina, there is no guarantee that the side effects he caused would go away, leaving those infected to infect others potentially. I personally think our safest bet is to find a cure to the problem ourselves. Perhaps something along the lines of Persim berry based remedy could help those infected since they get rid of confusion. But, that is only theoretical." The odds of that actually working are not very good, but it wasn't completely invalid Clyde thought. Persim berries are used to get rid of confusion, so maybe it could aid in defeating this illness.
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Application and Aspiration   Application and Aspiration - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 2:28 pm

Faye nodded as she listened, both of the Pokémon bringing up good points. There was a lot they didn't know, especially about Zygarde… But some things they did know, some things they had tried.
"It does sound a lot like confusion… But unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be normal confusion. The cure isn't as simple," the Meganium replied, as well, everyone had assumed that when a previously peaceful Pokémon suddenly started acting feral, it had been confusion. But a Persim berry did nothing, and it also did not seem to wear out on its own.

"It is true that it seems to be spread by contact – which is why every explorer needs to be very careful when running into these Pokémon," the Guildmaster looked at both of the new recruits, wanting to make sure they understood how dangerous this could be,
"And while I'm not a doctor, I don't know if it's just a mere disease. It is hard to say if there is going to be a normal cure to it, if its cause alone is something so… Powerful," Faye pondered. Indeed, she had no medical background. She did have some experience under her belt as an explorer and she had seen much, so maybe that was what allowed her to trust her gut feeling here.

"It could be that it's caused by Giratina and defeating him will cure everyone. It might be that it's not him and the cure won't be found there. Or it might be caused by him, but he has no way to cure it once it has started," the Meganium's words definitely were starting to paint a rather bleak look of the future, but when she caught that, she smiled reassuringly at the two Pokémon. Perhaps everything looked worse just because they didn't know enough.
"But even if we – or Giratina – won't be able to cure it, there might be a Pokémon who can. Some Pokémon are born with great powers. Someone might just be able to heal those who have lost their minds… So that is one more thing we can look for in our search for a cure."
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

PostSubject: Re: Application and Aspiration   Application and Aspiration - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 2:07 am

Adamantine was considering Clyde and Faye's theories and compared them to its own. Still, no clear answer was presented and frustrated it in a way. I suppose that the only clear method as to discovering answers would be to actually get involved with a side and fulfill its wishes. the Beldum thought with a small nod. It knew what side it would follow, but never what would happen after the task was complete. "If you happen to encounter any of these Pokémon, do you mind on informing me? My resistance to normal biological ailments is strong, seeing as I lack blood, so I do not fear the risk of infection from this pandemic and can thus study this more effectively." it stated. After all, if this was just a virus, what danger was there in being infected if the disease had no way of spreading through Adam's body?

Other than that... it had nothing left to say. "I am out of curiosities for now. Do you happen to have any more questions, Clyde?" it asked with an expecting look in its eye. Considering all of the ideas tossed around, it would be natural to have confusion on the topic. In fact, even Adamantine itself wasn't entirely sure that it understood every hypothesis to its fullest extent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application and Aspiration   Application and Aspiration - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 11:19 pm

Clyde thought for a moment. Was there anything he wanted to know more about? There had to be, but the information known so far did not provoke the questions hiding in his head. The psychic type felt he comprehended most of what was said. The information to him seems cut and dry. There were three legendary Pokemon that had different views of the world and a virus emerged from one of them. Clyde nodded no to his partners question since he could not think of a question.

This conversation made the Abra curious about the situation, but he doubted he would be taking part in this problem. It seemed logical to him to let the more experienced teams handle it and not risk getting infected. Not yet at least. He had to become stronger first. There was no way he would be that useful at his current level. No, if he wanted to help he would have to become more knowledgeable and mentally stronger. That seemed to him the most obvious answer.
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Application and Aspiration   Application and Aspiration - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 1:45 pm

Faye tilted her head as she thought about Adamantine's request. It was obvious that the Pokémon wanted to help, but… The Beldum was so certain that it would not be affected by whatever it was that caused Pokémon to lose their minds. While it was a possibility, it didn't seem like a certainty to the Meganium.
"I'm sorry, but that would be too risky. We don't know enough, and if you did end up being affected," Faye started, though she stopped her sentence short so she would not have to mention the fate in store. They didn't have a cure… Yet.

"That is why we should first try to find out if there is a common theme to Pokémon that are affected and those who aren't. Are certain species more susceptible or more resistant? Does the type matter? Once we figure out these, it might prove or debunk your theory about yourself being resistant, Adamantine," the Guildmaster suggested, knowing that the two young Pokémon wouldn't just sit and do nothing. No, they would get involved. Everyone who wanted to help would get involved. They just had to know how to be careful.
"And, for now… Please try to avoid the afflicted Pokémon."
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

PostSubject: Re: Application and Aspiration   Application and Aspiration - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 8:00 pm

No matter how much Adamantine wanted to protest, it knew that Faye was right. What if its idea was wrong and the Beldum itself ended up with the condition as well? No progress would be made and things would be worse than they already are. "...You are correct. My sincere apologies for my careless and potentially dangerous idea." it said with a bit of a disappointed look in its eye, not at rejection, but at itself. Since when was Adam one to flirt with danger like that? Am I allowing my eagerness to grasp hold of my judgment? Adam thought with a small hum.

"I am not sure of what to mention next, other than the fact that I will need time to plan out my method of aiding one legendary." it stated. To be honest, Adamantine saw nothing more to say; the Steel type could only try in vain to make sense of things as they happened, because sitting down and twiddling its thumbs (Claws?) achieved almost nothing. Its goal other than adventures and speech practice would be the pursuit of knowledge and maybe evolution, and that could only come from experience in combat and expeditions. Adam shifted a bit, which caused its Joy Ribbon to slide into a more comfortable position around its upper midsection.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application and Aspiration   Application and Aspiration - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 11:56 pm

"That will have to be discussed as a team." placing stress on the word team "We will need to discuss if getting involved is for the best, especially with our lack of experience. But that can be figured out at a different time." It seemed like Adam wanted to dive in, but Clyde felt it was best for them to stay on the sidelines. If they were asked to assist, fine, but just jumping into the mix could become messy and problematic not just for them, but others involved. The psychic type did not want to hinder the work of others. Clyde wanted to get stronger before they started this endeavor.

"Is there anything else that needs to be discussed?" Clyde said, wanting to move on. It wasn't that he didn't want to talk about their current subject, but there are things the two would have to discuss privately, and not in the eyes of the Guildmaster. The psychic type felt there was better time and place for the discussion.
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Application and Aspiration   Application and Aspiration - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 12:47 am

Faye nodded as Adamantine seemed to realize that its idea was a rather dangerous one. Yes, perhaps they could have learned something through it, but at what cost? The Guildmaster wasn't one who wanted to sacrifice the members of the Guild, no matter what the cause! It was relieving to hear that the Beldum was going to drop its idea for now and concentrate on something else, a content smile appearing on the Meganium's face.
"Don't worry about it, sweetie. I'm sure we'll find something that will help us soon," she reassured the Pokémon and smiled.

The times were troubling and something that would cause confusion to many, forcing Pokémon all around to try to come to terms with what was happening – and choose their actions carefully. There was a lot the new team would have to talk about on their own… But there was something Faye still needed to provide the newest member of Grassveil Guild.
"Oh, there is one more thing we need to get out of the way," the Meganium spoke up and started to walk away from her desk.

She walked over to the closet near the back of the room and opened the door with one of her vines. Grabbing one of the bags, she filled it with the various supplies the Guild would provide each of their members with when they joined. The bag itself was already important, but an exploration team member also needed a badge and a map… And something else.

Faye's eyes looked at her large box filled with ribbons of so many different colors before her eyes settled on one that seemed perfect. A darker red one, with a hint of brown… That one she took and put in the bag before she closed it and the closet door behind him, looking at the Beldum with a gentle smile.
"Every explorer needs some supplies. I put your badge and a map inside this bag, though there's also a customary gift from me," Faye explained as she walked closer and handed the bag over to Adamantine, This seemed like the best time to handle this part of the signing up process…
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

PostSubject: Re: Application and Aspiration   Application and Aspiration - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 2:15 am

When the Guildmaster presented Adamantine with the bag, an odd feeling emanated from its chest. Suddenly, a badge flew out of the bag and clung to its chest area! "Oh dear... It appears that my magnetic pull attracted this badge to my body." it said with an amused look in its eye. The badge could be removed easily by force, but the pull held it neatly in place via magnetism. "I suppose that I do not need to fasten it to my body, then!" the metal entity commented jokingly. Though Adam would still leave the badge in the bag at times, it wouldn't have to worry about having to fasten it onto things when it needed to be on. With a slight nod, it allowed the strap of the bag to slide over its head and sustain the contents inside snugly.

Taking a peek at the inner portion of the bag, a maroon bow-like garment lay just in Adamantine's sight. Maroon, a shade of red... Not bad, this seems like an acceptable hue. it thought with a nod. Other than the garment, a piece of parchment labeled with small markings rested at the bottom. The Beldum assumed this was a map of the surrounding areas of Grassveil, possibly even to the reaches of Venen Gulch by the looks of it. "Very gracious of you, Guildmaster Faye." it said, turning to Clyde. "Are you prepared to depart, or shall we stay a bit longer?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application and Aspiration   Application and Aspiration - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 3:30 am

"I'm ready if you are." The Abra said, turning his head to his new partner. He didn't know what would happen with a new team member, but he wasn't too worried. The Abra looked to the Meganium and smiled. "Thank you for the tea."

He wasn't sure what they would do now. Maybe they would take on a job, go out and train, maybe both? Whatever happens in their future, Clyde is confident they will be able to succeed. While they did not have much experience compared to the other teams, the teleporter was confident in their ability to learn how to work together. They would have to pay attention to one another and learn how they reacted to the environment, and then from there they can grow. That's what Clyde thought at least.
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Application and Aspiration   Application and Aspiration - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 2:14 pm

Faye's eyes opened in shock as suddenly something ended up flying out of the bag, striking the Beldum's metallic body with a quiet clang… Though it seemed like Adamantine wasn't hurt, at least, or even a little annoyed. But she figured that the Pokémon might have some trouble removing the badge, so she was about to offer some help in getting it off – if she even could remove it, but… Instead, Adamantine seemed to be content with this turn of events, liking to wear his badge that way. Faye chuckled softly.

"You're welcome, dearies," the Guildmaster replied to the thanks with a smile and then looked at the Abra,
"You should show Adamantine where your room is – and maybe have a little tour of the Guild, if you haven't gone on one yet?" Shed suggested with a tilt of her head. Usually when new Pokémon came to the Guild, she would be taking them to their new rooms if they signed up and other teams often liked helping new teams get settled… But in this case, the Beldum was joining an existing team.
"As it is Adamantine's first day, feel free to take it easy."

((If you want to leave the room after this post, that'll be it for me for this thread. Continue as you want!))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application and Aspiration   Application and Aspiration - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Application and Aspiration
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next