Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Porygon

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Porygon Empty
PostSubject: Porygon   Porygon EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 12:59 am

I already made a character to start, but re-looking over the rules makes me question something. How do you go about man-made Pokemon in a world where humans don't exist? I suppose I can understand something like Klink since in the main games, they were created in Chargestone Cave by just... I don't know, existing? Coming together?

And in that method, Magnemites can form Magnetons by coming together or just by evolving, as well as Beldum, so I can imagine that they can also piece together new bretheren on their own as well. Or have a wonderful night with a Ditto to create more of them. Or maybe Metagross can detach one of his legs and make a Beldum that way.

It's rather clear that humans have noticeable helping hand in creating entire new species of Pokemon. (Ex: Golett, Baltoy, the Regis and Gigas, etc.) But only Rotom is banned because modern appliances.. don't exactly exist in this setting? The other pokemon I mentioned before I think it's easy to disregard the complications and just say that they've existed just because or that Pokemon could build them long ago. (I mean... it shouldn't be that difficult to create a Baltoy, should it?)

But then there's Porygon. A computer-created pokemon that is explicitly created from modern technology. And its evolutions that are only upgraded by adding most likely downloading new content into it. I haven't played a Mystery Dungeon game but I do know that Porygon is available in there, but.... How does that work? How would you write a backstory for this kind of Pokemon? What is the level of technology that this forum's world's setting has?

I guess I'm curious because I think eventually creating a Porygon character would be pretty fun XD
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

Porygon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porygon   Porygon EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 11:12 am

Porygon has existed since the beginning of the world pretty much. Basically it's become one of those "Yes it exists don't question it." but if you really want a backstory for it feel free to come up with your own headcanon whether its some isolated scientist pokemon long ago actually advanced their technology enough to do it but its long since been lost or elegym/beeheeym brought them down to earth with them, or even Arceus one day decided "LET THERE BE PORYGONS" to screw with the existing pokemon and confuse them or something.
Back to top Go down

Porygon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porygon   Porygon EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 8:05 pm

But how would you get the Up-Grade and Dubious Disc then?? O: These are answers I need to know XDDD
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

Porygon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porygon   Porygon EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 8:39 pm

You find them in a dungeon? xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Porygon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porygon   Porygon Empty

Back to top Go down