Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Funny Thing

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Savato

Savato

Poké : 380

Funny Thing - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Funny Thing   Funny Thing - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 8:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

It was a bright spring morning and the sun was about to fully rise over the horizon,, bathing the plains below in its warm light and causing for the morning dew on the blades of grass to shimmer while it was gently swaying in the wind, moved by a soft breeze flowing through the area.
In short - the day had begun like almost every other day here in Pricklemist Hill.
Crawling through the grass, a small bug was making his way towards no destination in particular.
And while this Nincada would much rather have been somewhere else, somewhere with more trees to hide in or under, he didn't really have a choice here. The old clan was most likely still pursuing him and the forests were the first places they were going to look in. He would have to wait this out...

Energy: 26-10=16
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Funny Thing   Funny Thing - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 3:10 am

So apparently Ned had been acting oddly. He deduced for it not to be a good idea to tell the Psychic type, that he would most likely have acted the same, even if he had not been the one who attacked him. Still, why was it always him, who ended up attracting all the nutjobs? Did Bug types have some sort of aura of insanity around them? It would explain, why Bug type moves were more effective against Psychic types at least.
"So, uh...what do we do now?"
This certainly had been an interesting event, but as it had resolved itself, it left this one, quitnessential question. With no conflict to resolve, there were no motivations to follow, no goals to accomplish. New goals were needed. But what should be chosen?
Back to top Go down
Vulpes

Vulpes

Poké : 0

PostSubject: Re: Funny Thing   Funny Thing - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 3:33 am

"Well..." Leif began planning in his head, "apparently you would be opposed to the idea of a nap. The same for sparring. So those are out of the question. We could still talk. Or hunt for items. Or alternatively, both. I know I'm going to need to find a link box at some point in the near future. But Arceus knows where that will be. And for whatever reason, I also get the feeling I'm going to be wanting to collect gummis..." Leif had no idea that somewhere, across dimensions, a person sitting at a chair wanting to roleplay a sylveon was really the one who needed gummis. Even his psychic powers could not break the fourth wall. Not today.

For the same inexplicable interdimensional reasons, leif felt a need to continue on his adventure. Little did he know that these levels would also contribute to the adoption of an eevee who would evolve into a sylveon. He might even meet this same Sylveon in a thread and be blissfully unaware of the master over their lives, or the even greater forces that governed this force, such as college and a need to sleep and eat.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Funny Thing   Funny Thing - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 4:46 am

"Now, we are doing the former already, aren't we? The latter could possibly be dangerous. Even more dangerous than standing around I mean. I guess it is up to you then. I get the feeling that it doesn't matter, what I do. Whether I fight or stand around, my evolution doesn't seem to be affected by that. So, you want to collect gummis? I am not sure whether you'll be finding any here. This is just an open plain, so I would think that any and all items here have been found already. But if you feel that it would be worth a shot, then go on ahead and try."
Did the Abra really think that he could find anything of value here? And what did he need gummis for anyway? They didn't seem to be that useful of an item to the Nincada...
Back to top Go down
Vulpes

Vulpes

PostSubject: Re: Funny Thing   Funny Thing - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 5:56 am

(10 energy)

"Yes, I suppose we are already talking aren't we. Hmm... Dangerous or not, I think I can handle it... Well, I guess there's really only one way to find out if there are any items, right?" He pushed his hand out, "stand back..." He began launching Shadow Balls in every which direction forward. Everywhere to the North East, all the plains and grass, were being mowed down by ghostly energy.

He began turning to the north... North West... West... South west... South... All around in a circle, the grass disappeared behind the ghostly wrath. Anything hiding was, simply, no longer hiding. Mercilessly grass and bushes and shrubs all were torn away. Finally a large circle of no grass that must have had a radius of no fewer than 50 feet surrounded them. All but a small patch where Ned and Leif stood, anything out of the ordinary revealed itself.

Vulpes carried out 1 launched of one Pecha Forest :
Funny Thing - Page 3 7lJaJWp
Funny Thing - Page 3 W6tXtbK
Funny Thing - Page 3 LOY1SG7
Funny Thing - Page 3 PH4C7tP
Funny Thing - Page 3 WYrEDCu
Funny Thing - Page 3 O9xqXFR
Funny Thing - Page 3 2bkVcKu

Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Funny Thing   Funny Thing - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 12:05 am

As the Abra began his assault, Ned could only watch in horror while more and more enemies were revealed. What was that Pokémon possibly thinking?! Was he trying to get them killed?
So - now what? There was no possible way that they were going to defeat all of these enemies!
The Nincada was more than just tempted to once again send a Silver Wind in the Abra's direction, but even though it had just brought the two into mortal peril, it currently was the Bug type's only ally. Sort of at least. Now what could they do? There was no place to hide, nowhere to run and combat would be more than just idiotic. The Nincada began to pray fervently for the Abra to have some sort of idea.
Back to top Go down
Vulpes

Vulpes

PostSubject: Re: Funny Thing   Funny Thing - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 6:34 am

A grin spread across Leif's face. What was three enemies? This situation would be a piece of cake. Well, if cake normally came served with bruises, intense combat, and the general smell of just-cut grass. First, he threw a petrify orb at the Murkrow. No aerial assaults meant one less position to guard. He leaped and tossed two sticks at the Weepinbell, temporarily pinning it to the ground. And just before the Pineco could attack him with a Bug Bite, he used the Cacnea Spike as a sword to defend himself. This deflected the bug, but ultimately broke the plant-y thorn.

Weepinbell, while it had been pinned down, still ultimately had vines open. This gave it the opportunity to begin whipping at leif. Just as these strikes began, pineco began charging to hit him from the back. Just before the pineco hit him, after enduring a few more lashings from the plant pokemon, the Pineco entangled itself in Weepinbell's vines. Again these two would be restrained from attacking soon. Or so it seemed. The Weepinbell, vines entangled around the bug, began using the pineco's pointy tip to hammer at leif. One of these hits buried itself in his arm, preventing him from using that fist for ice punch or shadow ball.

The Murkrow had become unfrozen during this fiasco, and had charged at Leif in the air. With his still mobile arm, he met it with a supereffective ice punch, which seemed sufficient to knock it out. But there was still the small problem of having a spike buried in one arm. As one would imagine, this was not a pleasant experience. With his free hand, he slipped a blast seed into his mouth. As he began to exhale, a forceful explosion propelled the Pineco, which crashed into the Weepinbell. They had struggled somewhat, but leif charged with his mobile fist with an ice punch, and knocked them out.

Pain shot through his arm, and how that he was out of the heat of battle, and as the adrenaline wore off, the severity of this wound became apparent. It was bleeding a worrisome amount. Leif took his Special Band, and tightly wrapped it around the stab wound. His right arm hung limp, clearly needing medical attention. Even with the band, the amount of blood loss was becoming apparently serious. Preemptively, he popped the reviver seed into his mouth. As he chewed it, he could feel it pushing his strength up slowly. Keeping his blood just enough to stay conscious.

The band was soaked red, and Leif was clearly lightheaded. What kind of messed up attack was that? What pokemon uses another pokemon as a weapon? And furthermore, what pokemon makes an attempt to draw blood? This twisted maneuver had cost Leif more than he bargained for. But ultimately he made it out alive. Perhaps had it hit somewhere more vital he wouldn't have been so lucky. "I..." he spoke to ned, "really need to get back to grassveil for medical attention..."
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Funny Thing   Funny Thing - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 8:59 pm

"You idiot!", Ned shouted. "You almost got both of us killed! Do you have any idea how stupid your actions were? You...words can not even begin to describe it!"
It was true, that the Abra did indeed manage to take care of all three adversaries, but it also was obvious that he was now in mortal peril. With the pressure of having to fight for his life taken from his nonexistent shoulders, the anger and contempt the Nincada had been feeling for the usage of a move this reckless were finally breaking forth.
But...even though the Abra had done the most mindless thing Ned had ever seen, he just couldn't bring himself to leave him there. If he were to do that, then what would differentiate him from the clan? No, no matter how much he hated to do so, he would have to somehow help that Pokémon. But how?
Back to top Go down
Vulpes

Vulpes

PostSubject: Re: Funny Thing   Funny Thing - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 9:20 pm

Leif just laughed, "Well... I got two items out of it at least, right?" He said, hoping Ned wouldn't see his oversight that he in fact used both of the items he got in saving himself and Ned. He had made light of a situation that was obviously not to be taken lightly. "I don't have any oran or sitrus berries. The Reviver Seed should keep me from falling into too much peril though... Bescides. What sort of insane wild pokemon uses an insane attack like that? Attacking a pokemon with another pokemon as a weapon? That's just downright madness."

Leif felt like the Weepinbell had cheated, in a sense. But he still won, so even if he got a little hurt his pride remained mostly in tact. "But I still think my best option is to start walking back to grassveil..." He said, stumbling back from the same direction he arrived.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Funny Thing   Funny Thing - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 9:34 pm

"Urgh...and what you did was any different? The Pokémon was just wandering around peacefully when all of a sudden you decide to go and attack it for no reason at all! What was it supposed to do? It thought that you were trying to kill it, so it defended itself through any means it could think of!"
Why was this Abra so dense, so aggressive, so violent? What went wrong in its evolution that it could believe for attacking innocent Pokémon to be a good idea and then feel betrayed if they fight back?
What sort of twisted moral code was that?
But despite all of this, Ned just had to follow the Abra back to Grassveil, no matter how much he would have preferred to just leave the Psychic type there.
Still, why did this Pokémon hold himself so highly above all others?
Back to top Go down
Vulpes

Vulpes

PostSubject: Re: Funny Thing   Funny Thing - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 9:59 pm

"Well, okay, so maybe there were some pokemon unexpectedly in the grass when I launched the shadow balls. It's not like I meant to hurt them... but sure, it's fair that they fight back... even so, who uses another living being as a weapon? That's the messed up part."

He signed, "You know, with the spreading mystery dungeons and rogue pokemon, more and more are growing hostile. I'm not some maniacal lunatic like you seem to think I am. But when a fight starts, whatever the cause, accidental or not, failing to defend yourself could result in death. I never kill pokemon, even aggressive ones. But more times than I want to call I've been attacked. If I can knock out aggressive pokemon, I can save my own life and prevent other pokemon from being endangered too severely. Even if I misunderstand, the cost of not defending myself is my life, the cost of doing it is maybe a few bruises on anyone involved and no life lost."
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Funny Thing   Funny Thing - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 11:03 pm

"Especially on you I just can not understand that. You can Teleport. Avoiding a fight must be the easiest thing in the world for you. Fleeing from a battle is much better than to fight it. Noone gets injured then after all."
The Mystery Dungeons may be spreading, but that certainly was no reason to beat up other Pokémon. There just had to be something that was causing all of this mayhem. And by finding it and fixing whatever it was that went wrong, one would be able to get rid of the entire problem without any violence. SO why did so many Pokémon still insist on fighting? Maybe that was another effect of the Mystery Dungeons. Maybe these Pokémon would degenerate into feral Pokémon soon.
If that was the case, then the world was in serious trouble...
Back to top Go down
Vulpes

Vulpes

PostSubject: Re: Funny Thing   Funny Thing - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 12:44 am

"Didn't I explain this earlier? I can only control it at short distances, a long distance teleport won't put me somewhere life threatening like in lava, but I could easily become lost, and it's happened many times before. Not to mention just because the teleport does keep me out of immidiate danger, I could easily get stuck in a loop. Teleport after teleport as I bounce away from threatening pokemon. Teleporting isn't something to be taken lightly." Leif thought to himself I came here to have a good time and honestly I'm feeling so attacked right now...
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Funny Thing   Funny Thing - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 2:04 am

"Well, I am pretty sure a teleport loop as you call it would be a better idea than to attack other Pokémon. You could just teleport into some hiding space."
How in the world...?
Ned had begun to give up on this Pokémon. What it was saying was close enough to a rational argument to make the Nincada look mean if he were to leave the discussion, but yet irrational and baseless enough to make any sane mind melt. So he was doomed if her were to leave and doomed if he were to stay. But the Abra was wounded, severely limiting the Bug type's options even further.
Hopefully they would be reaching Grassveil Town soon, because the Ground type was not sure how much longer he would be able to stand the Psychic type's company.
Back to top Go down
Vulpes

Vulpes

PostSubject: Re: Funny Thing   Funny Thing - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 2:22 am

"It's not like I intentionally seek out pokemon to attack. But obviously I will defend myself if I need to. I have occasionally teleported away, but that's when the risk of teleporting outweights the risk of staying. Because it's so random, that's a hard judgment to make."

He sighed, at this point frustrated enough that he was ready to just walk away. Leif decided that some things cant be understood unless you've experienced it, and that he ultimately wouldn't be able to express himself to this bug. Regarding this attempt at relaxing and item collection a miserable failure he began to walk away.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Funny Thing   Funny Thing - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 3:25 am

Pain.
This Pokémon was too much for Ned to handle. Goodwill aside, noone would be able to stand this.
The Abra would be able to find Grassveil Town himself. He could teleport and if he were to run into any Pokémon, he would just fight it. There wasn't anything to worry about and it was time for Ned to start thinking about himself for a bit. So that was what he was going to do. This Pokémon had been little but trouble and annoyance from the beginning. His actions were enough to justify what Ned was about to do. The Nincada gave one last look in the Abra's direction, turned around and walked away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny Thing   Funny Thing - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Funny Thing
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3