Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

A bard's tale

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

A bard's tale Empty
PostSubject: A bard's tale   A bard's tale EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 2:14 am

It was a calm day. The sun was in the middle of the sky. Little clouds in the sky dot and shape like other pokemon. The pond glistened in the light, making its surface look clean and colorful with a few dots of waterlilies on the surface. Various species of pokemon play and swim in the pond. The cool breeze from the pond made the day cooler then expected. Young pokemon play in the waters while the adults either playing with their children or watching them. Today was a normal day.

All though, there was another occurrence happening. A purple feline pokemon, beautiful and charming in her own right was dancing and playing her wooden flute. Her charm and vaguely scythe-like extension of a tail showed her well. It was the Purrloin bard Marya. Still in Grassveil, she's performing for the children and adults who wanted to see. A purr came has she elegantly played her flute in a happy and upbeat tone. Some of the young pokemon dancing with her as she was the center of attention. Her slender feline frame dancing with the wind and the tune she plays.

A few moments later, it was time for the children to head back home. The parents saying good bye to the bard and leaving apples and a few gummis for her time. The Purrloin waved in partings and sat down on her spot. She smiled as she ate her lunch generously given by the pokemon. She wagged her tail happy, purring softly as she smiled at her.
Back to top Go down

A bard's tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bard's tale   A bard's tale EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 5:12 pm

He waited like he had been doing for a while now, amber eyes taking in the water and mind at a sort of peaceful ease. The wind gently brushed against his face, but it also brushed against his consciousness… Memories and thoughts of home and calculated ambition swirled and moved like ripples on a lake's surface.

The snivy named Jeremy was sitting near the lake's edge. Close enough to see the minute patterns the water provided, but far enough to avoid being splashed by the those that wished to bathe in the water's brilliance.

He was a young male of his species. With a slender, reptilian body he laid on the cool grass, fanned tail occasionally waving behind him in thought. He had a long, tapered face as typical of his kind with amber eyes complete with elliptical pupils. Primarily a lime-green color, the snivy had a cream under belly and his eyes were surrounded by a 'mascara' of yellow. The only thing that seemed to mar his form was the pink-white scar that rested on his tail.

Jeremy was here to reflect at the moment. So much had happened the past few weeks and he found himself contemplating how far he had come.

But even more so, how much farther he needed to go.

The snivy's amber eyes narrowed, the yellow eye lids on his face tightening. He needed more cash than he had right now. He needed more renown than he had right now. He needed more of just about anything…

Who knew how far his half siblings were in garnering their resources and fame? At the end, Jeremy was very concerned it would not be him inheriting the obsidian throne.

Without thinking about it, he felt his hand tighten around a fistful of grass, despite how composed he looked on the outside.

But that changed when a soothing, upbeat tone of a wind instrument suddenly graced him. It played smoothly, slowly entering his very being. Confusion momentarily took hold of the snivy as he frowned, turning around to face the source of the strange noise.

What greeted him was an admittedly pretty young purloin, with a crowd of pokemon around as she played a flute, movements both graceful and sensual. He recognized her kind. In his homeland, they would often travel in caravan groups selling trinkets and others odds and ends (As well as steal things, but that was beside the point). The tune was a merry one, and Jeremy was slightly taken by how familiar it sounded. Memories of living back home in his mother's court suddenly flashed in his mind… A much younger Jeremy smiled in delight as he listened to the bards that had gathered there, playing their music and spinning their tales of adventure and grandeur. It was a different time. It was a more innocent time.

The feeling was almost overwhelming, and Jeremy could feel his mouth go dry... That was one of the songs… But how was that possible?

He listened with rapt attention as the female purrloin played, staying in the background as he went over the song in his head again and again. Eventually, when the purrloin's performance was done and the audience applauded, the Grass Snake Pokemon was in the back as well, claps silent and reserved but there none the less. When the crowd dispersed and passed their payment to the purloin, Jeremy waited a while before getting up, brushing himself off before walking toward Marya.

When he was closer to the feline he stopped a couple yards away and cleared his throat. When he spoke, there was the barest hint of a smile on his face, though his face was largely neutral. His tone was carefully composed, and his volume was even. Despite that though, the upperclass accent he bore was very apparent. He obviously wasn't from around here. "That was a very lovely song miss. Your audience and I enjoyed that very much."
Back to top Go down

A bard's tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bard's tale   A bard's tale EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 11:38 pm

The Purrloin purred softly as she ate. Once she heard the sound of the sinvy, her ear twitched and she looked up at him. Marya noticed his muzzle, she smiled at him. She always enjoyed to see a smile on other pokemon's face. Her accent seemed high class, but yet had a feline shadow. A loud audible purr came from her as she finished her apple. "Why thank you." She told him, her voice naturally charming and seductive. Lowering the defenses as she spoke. "It's alwayss nice to sssee to ssee that other pokemon enjoy my mussic." She said smiling at him.

Marya got up and spun in a circle. Showing great grace as she stopped and placed her hind leg on the ground. The Purrloin took a bow, holding her wooden flute on her paw. "I am Marrrrya." She told him a cocky grin. She rose herself from her bow and looked at him. She placed a paw on her chin and hummed softly. She noticed the way he stood, and his accent. It was noticeably the same as hers but it showed more...she didn't know, nobility? Marya purred softly as her tail swayed. "Yourrr not frrom arround here aren't you?" She asked him as she scanned his features. He seemed like a normal snivy, but how he stood gave her some curiosity.
Back to top Go down

A bard's tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bard's tale   A bard's tale EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 1:26 am

Jeremy's lips curled up into a pleasant smile in response. "Well, I believe it speaks for itself. You have a lot of talent, and I'm not usually one to compliment for the sake of it." He found her voice to be a tantalizing thing. It brought a sort of pleasant warmth to him and allowed him to be at ease. How long has it been since he allowed himself to relax? To just... Be?

Memories of his childhood... Before the training began came to mind. Memories brought up by music. Her music.

After her elaborate curtsy, Jeremy straightened up his back somewhat, head held high. Bringing an arm back and laying on his chest, he bent forward and dipped his head. It was a very formal, professional bow. It was a polite thing, but in no way was it subservient.

"Jeremy. Jeremy Blackwood."

His amber gaze locked onto her jade one, and simply smiled in response. "No Miss Marya, I am not. My homeland lies across an ocean from here. I take it that you live somewhere else as well though. That makes two of us." He stepped forward, gait confident and self assured. The male snivy held himself with calm authority and even a sense of power. He closed the distance until they were about 3 feet from each other.

There was a pause as Jeremy took her in thoughtfully before suddenly asking, "It is the tale of The Sprouting Knight isn't it? The one about the oddish warrior who faces trials to save a bellosom princess?" Jeremy smiled in an almost bittersweet way, gaze averted. "The story and music paint an almost silly, heroic story about one little oddish who loved a princess from afar. When an enemy kingdom invades and captures her, the exiled king and father of the princess asks for noble warriors to step forward, but no one would for they feared the enemy general. So the oddish steps forward and offers his help, but the king and his knights laugh at him. Determined to help regardless, the oddish goes out to fight the general. Weak and helpless though, it would have been an unlikely quest, but as he travels on after trial after trial, he inspires others to follow him. Eventually, thanks to the help he garnered, he overthrows the enemy general and the king has no choice but to give his enamored princess to the oddish warrior who tried when no one else did."

Jeremy locked eyes with Marya again. "That was one of my favorite stories when I was a young boy. A bard played it in my family's court and I have remembered it ever since. I recognize the tone even now."
Back to top Go down

A bard's tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bard's tale   A bard's tale EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 10:55 pm

The Purrloin purred louder, she enjoyed the fact that she received compliments in general. Her soft features can deceive anyone. The Purrloin's normally more kind and innocent features can easily fool anyone. No malicious facial features, and her facial features were softer at best with a dash of charm. Her gait showed great curiosity and interest in the snivy. Her tail swayed as she stood on her hindlegs. Holding her wooden flute with her right paw.

Marya remembered her younger days, when her mother would tell her these stories next to a cool fire. She walked closer to the snivy slowly. "It'sss my favorite too..." She said in amazement. "I remember when my mother would sssing it to me before bed." She explained as her eyes locked with his. "Sometimes I would dream that I was the princesss..." Marya giggled softly to herself until she was next to the snivy. "Pretty silly huh?" She asked him in a honest tone as she looked over to the pond. "What wass sssad is that most of the pokemon I performed for didn't know the ssstory before hand. I'm glad sssomeone did." The Purrloin said smiling.
Back to top Go down

A bard's tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bard's tale   A bard's tale EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 2:18 am

Jeremy smiled sincerely in response. It was so unlike him, but for some reason all sense of defensiveness and unnecessary composure could have been relaxed, if just for this moment. He let Marya step next to him, simply craning his head slightly to look at her.

Jeremy smiles. "Miss Marya, I don't think that is silly at all. We all had dreams when we were younger. It would be a sad world if children were not allowed to have them." The true irony of the situation was probably not known to the purrloin. Even though Jeremy implied that he was of good birth or circumstance, she had yet to know that the snivy in front of her was actually a prince of a noble house from foreign lands. He didn't really feel like telling his new acquaintance of the bat yet either… Just enjoy the conversation for now.

"Perhaps they did not know the story, but they heard the music. That alone will leave an impression." There was a pause for a bit as Jeremy extended a hand. "I know that you might be busy Miss Marya, but would you have time to walk with me for a bit?"
Back to top Go down

A bard's tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bard's tale   A bard's tale EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 2:49 am

Marya gasped softly at his offer. A soft blush came to her feline muzzle as she nodded in agreement. "Of course Jeremy. I would love to." Said the bard as she took her flute to her other paw and held his hand. "I am not that busy at the moment. " Marya noted as she looked behind her. Most of the food given to her was gone anyways. Might as well leave it there for another pokemon to take it. The purrloin looked back at the snivy in pure delight. Audible purrs of joy can be heard from her chest as her tail swayed in a particular counter clockwise position. Her ears slightly lowered in a submissive manner.

It is unknown that Marya herself holds secrets. Secrets she isn't willing to share with the snivy known as Jeremy. Her parents being outlaws, her houndoom father a particularally nasty one while her mother usually gives back the item she stole in a week. Marya didn't want to be seen as a thief by birth. "So where shall we go Jeremy?" She asked.curiously.
Back to top Go down

A bard's tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bard's tale   A bard's tale EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 3:36 am

When Marya offered the paw, Jeremy took it, extending it upward as his muzzle drifted downward. He then kissed it, but with just the barest touch of the lips… A sort of caress as it were. The Grass Snake Pokemon gently let her paw fall after that, charming smirk on his face. "It is an honor Miss Marya. I am glad you have time to accompany me."

The excitement and the simply happiness in the companionship the two shared seem contagious, as the male snivy also had a smile on his face. As they turned to walk, Jeremy shrugged his shoulders. "I didn't have any particular destination in mind Miss Marya. I just hoped to enjoy your company." He grinned, revealing a clean, white row of teeth as well as two fangs. Pure blooded snivies did not typically have such dental structure, but those that had blood from other snake pokemon in their veins like in Jeremy's case would sometimes have them.

"However… You seemed quite graceful earlier. I take it dancing is a passion of yours as well?"
Back to top Go down

A bard's tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bard's tale   A bard's tale EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 11:51 pm

Marya giggled. "To you as well." Marya told him purring. Her paw placed back on her side. The Purrloin did enjoy his company, finally, some intellectual company. She did enjoy the pokemon of Grassveil, but she was sadly none of them seemed to have the knowledge she desires. The knowledge of stories. She kept eye contact with the snivy. She noticed his fangs, she found it quite interesting. Marya noted to talk to the snivy more often.

Marya nodded to his question. "Of courrrse! I love to dance!" She said smiling at him. "My four favorite things is music, dancing, story telling and eating." Marya told him happily. "I am very good at dancing, as other pokemon told me. I do enjoy it though."
Back to top Go down

A bard's tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bard's tale   A bard's tale EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 1:04 am

The newly met duo continued to walk for a bit, and by then the outskirts of Grassveil in particular was within view. As the small town came closer and closer, Jeremy smiled to himself. He enjoyed talking with Marya so far, and felt it best to look around town with her. Although Jeremy had initially explored part of the boonies settlement, he hadn't looked at it in depth. But he heard of a place, and was wondering if the rumors were true.

"Truly?" Jeremy asked, brow raised as his amber eyes once again settled on Marya. "How long have you been doing your trade then? Such a thing requires a lot of dedication, and I would bet at least several years were dedicated to get to where you are now."

The Grass Snake Pokemon stopped suddenly, turning to the female purloin with an excited smile on his handsome features. "Have you ever danced with a partner before Miss Marya? Waltz, minuet, allemande, sarabande?" He smirked. "Mayhaps something more intimate like the flamenco or tango?"
Back to top Go down

A bard's tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bard's tale   A bard's tale EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 9:47 pm

Marya followed him. Enjoying the time as she looked around. She didn't get a good tour, so this was the chance to see initially where everything was. The Purrloin looked over to him. "Since I was born. My mother just passed down to me everything she knew and allowed me to go my own way. I've chosen to be a bard, all though I don't mind exploring." She told him, hinting that she would like to be in a team.

Marya flushed softly at the thought of dancing with a partner. The Purrloin did blush easily, she shook her head at his other question. "No I haven't danced with a partner...I've always danced on my own." The Purrloin answered honestly. "I would like to try it though. It seems like a joyful time." Marya said as she placed her paw on her chin. Her usual thinking face, humming softly to herself as she thought about it. She soon nodded. "I would like to try the flamenco."
Back to top Go down

A bard's tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bard's tale   A bard's tale EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 2:05 am

Jeremy nodded, expression thoughtful. He didn't immediately comment on what Marya informed him. Family issues he learned tended to be… Personal. Jeremy noticed there was no mention of a father, although the purrloin's mother seemed to be present. That was good. In a strange sort of way, the male snivy could probably find quite a few similarities with the female purrloin.

"Exploring eh? Well, I am part of a exploration team situated in Grassveil at the moment. In fact, my team and I are part of the guild." He gave Marya a saddened look. "Unfortunately, there are team member caps, probably as a way to ensure there isn't too much monopolizing the guild power and to ensure fresh new teams. We have recently hit ours, but perhaps you should consider forming your own?" As they continued to walk on, Jeremy continued. "The work can be… Dangerous, but that is why you organize a team. You get paid a decent amount of poke, but perhaps more importantly, you gain experience overall."

He did smile when Marya expanded on the earlier conversation about dancing. "Well Miss Marya, I do find dancing in general to be quite stimulating. It testes grace and strength, and two partners must be able to read each other to ensure their movements are synchronized properly to make the best performance."

The snivy smirked. "Of course, practicing comes first. It takes time to do it right." A pause, and the snivy grinned, amber eyes alighting with mirth. "My dear Marya, you have excellent tastes." Without another word, the snivy grabbed the female purrloin's paw and ran with her, hoping to find that spot he saw earlier. A few pokemon in town gave them a curious look as they ran by, but Jeremy didn't particularly care about that at the moment.
Back to top Go down

A bard's tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bard's tale   A bard's tale EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 7:19 pm

Marya gave a somewhat saddened look, she was really looking forward to being on a team with the snivy. 'Oh well, at least I know I can go the guild.' She thought to herself as she looked over to him. She listened to the Snivy with great attention. Once he grabbed her paw, the Purrloin admittedly flushed to a notable shade of red. She ran right behind him as her tail seemed to sway.

The bard had lost her balance a few times. It was the first time Purrloin had a partner...ever. She was enjoying it greatly, and wondered if she will ever have a partner for herself. All though she does need to get out more, knowing only two pokemon currently. The Purrloin had made her choice to stay in Grassveil silently to herself. The Purrloin noticed the looks of the pokemon, which made her blush heavier with embarrassment. She yet out a not so audible yowl in what seems like a submissive resistance. She looked over to Jeremy and couldn't help but think where he was taking her.
Back to top Go down

A bard's tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bard's tale   A bard's tale EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 1:45 am

Despite himself, Jeremy chuckles slightly, childish excitement coursing through his veins as they ran by bemused or shocked pedestrians. He didn't care. The events he had in mind for the future were the primary thing on his mind at the moment.

Eventually they came upon a structure located in a clearing on the side of Grassveil. It was a gazebo. An older one that was made of stone and wood, with creeper vines that have crawled up the side of the structure. The purpose of its design was probably not fully apparent. However, the wooden flooring base, lack of seating, and empty torch handles implied that this was originally a place for couples to dance. At least, that was what Jeremy surmised.

He gently guided Marya up the steps, grin on his face. "Ah, I think this is a good place to learn. What do you think Miss Marya?"
Back to top Go down

A bard's tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bard's tale   A bard's tale EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 10:56 pm

Marya nods happily. She looks around the gazebo in surprise. The feline looks at it in a blank stare, as if she was seeing a piece of art. She let go of his hand. The feline pokemon purred as she entered the gazbo. She went down on all four legs and walked around. Her head slightly down to the ground, sniffing as a she allowed a sort of feral nature take over her. She slammed her paws down and jumped to test the sturdiness of the wooden floor.

She sniffed as she went down to the structure and pulled some of the vines out. She climbed up to the roof with cat-like persuasion. She looked down to the snivy and giggled as she pulled the vines out of the roof. "We need to clean this place up before we can do anything!" The feline stated giggling happily. 

"This reminds of me a kingdom I went to before I came here...it was wonderful. The kingdom was mostly of Eevee, and the buildings were made of marble. I was lucky enough to able to see one of the more important noble rituals of that kingdom. The kingdom was founded under Celebi, used to protect the portals of time she uses...it was wonderful place to visit." Marya swoon as she walked in a circle and looked up into the sky. "I meet a beautiful princess and a few princes'...who was able to see the gap of reality...one of the first portals the time traveling pokemon used and was left untouched for centuries...just eight months old that princess was. Staring into the sins, triumphs and achievements of her kingdom, as well as other pokemon...past, present and future..." Marya sat down and continued to look up at the sky. Her blank gaze unfixed from the clouds. "She told me it was beautiful...but she didn't tell me about the rest. The poor princess...she couldn't take it...by what her brothers had told me, she was the one truly blessed...but she went mad. I don't understand during the time, and yet I still don't."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A bard's tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bard's tale   A bard's tale Empty

Back to top Go down

A bard's tale
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next