Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

SOS Requests

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

SOS Requests Empty
PostSubject: SOS Requests   SOS Requests EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 4:13 pm

Even though its probably not going to be needed now, the energy system that is being planned on being implemented does fill me with some worries. For instance, if rpers in a thread both accidentally do something that makes them run out of energy, right when they were close to finishing up and the like. Then this idea popped into my head like "WHEEEE" and, the more I think about it, the more it could work out with that kind of system. Here is why:

SOS Requests

For those that love to help out others.

This is exactly like how it works basically in the games, whenever a group runs out of energy and faints, an "SOS signal" is sent back at homebase. (How that works is probably something along the lines of NPCs keeping watch of each area and such if its just normal travelers than haven't become a rescuer or shopkeeper or such...Or its embedded in some emblem they get when they become one of those professions...Up to the admins.) and when that happens requests can be posted on the board at the Guilds to go rescue them.

Now, this should only need a few things, which are:

- A Penalty and Rewards system for the rescued (So that this system isn't abused as all get out..I don't know why it would but its probably possible, buuuut also "rewarding" enough to warrant people to use it when the inevitable happens instead of just starting over..) For example:
For the rescued: They don't have to worry about the chance of getting wiped out and still retain all the items they have currently along with SOME of the exp from the dungeon, but of course there would be an exp penalty for those that would try to abuse this.
For the rescuer: They don't really have much penalty for this really, its like another mission on a mission board, though maybe some extra money and a possibility for an item and they can can feel good about helping a fellow user out. XD

- Format for registering an SOS Request.

Annd....I think that is pretty much it, the biggest thing about this would be thinking of how rewarding this could be to BE used, yet punishing enough for the rescued to not abuse the heck out of it..
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

Poké : 780

SOS Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOS Requests   SOS Requests EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 4:58 pm

Well I agree, but I think that the rescuee should loose half their items when they get ko'd, so that they have a tad bit more penalty. Or some amount of items lost. Although the EXP (Pages) would be hard to track as well as the items...
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

SOS Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOS Requests   SOS Requests EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 6:15 pm

Um...you don't get kicked out of a dungeon when you run out of energy...you just faint for a bit and can't do much and you regain energy with more pages that you collect. I don't really see this necessary and i'm a bit biased here because of my joy ribbons but I don't think you should lose items because you faint like in the games.

With the dice system in place it's going to be a LOT harder to find a specific item, and getting it after like 4 (literal) months of searching (Due to partner inactivity, bad luck, not able to find someone to rp with ect.) only to lose it in the next thread because you accidentally spawned something powerful would probably be like a kick in the groin or being round house kicked by chuck norris or some thing painful like that.
Back to top Go down

SOS Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOS Requests   SOS Requests EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 8:54 pm

I never said anything about being kicked out of the dungeon when you run out of energy. What I meant by starting over is if there was a chance of wild pokemon killing off your travelers, a bit of overthinking on my part but still valid considering. However, when you are rescued it logically would mean the pokemon that rescue you would take you out of the dungeon to let you recover without threat of attack instead of just instantly letting you continue where you start off like when you are rescued in-game. Plus think about it, if we aren't thinking of game logic, I doubt wild pokemon would just leave travelers be just because they are tired..You would need a GOOD reason to explain how those travelers are left alone. So on that aspect I would agree this system helps make it more...well explainable if anything..

As for the item side, I would agree of leaving the item side retained JUST because of how tough the  scavenging system is with this forum. Losing half of your items IS too harsh right now, and the only way to make that punishment viable is to make the searching more fruitful, otherwise that is just going to frustrate too many people. The only reasonable penalty that could be accepted right now is either an exp penalty or a small "cooldown" with the dungeon (Even then this might be a stretch)...And its actually not that hard to keep in mind of the exp if you just keep it at a set amount instead of going by percentage, cause then that would be a pain..

Any other views about it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SOS Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOS Requests   SOS Requests Empty

Back to top Go down

SOS Requests
Page 1 of 1