Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

ENERGY SYSTEM

Go down 
+7
FoxFireAlchemist
JeffMandM
Suds
Solilo
Savato
Nocive
Kat
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Should we use this energy system on the site? (Please give reasons within the thread x3)
Yes
ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 4 I_vote_lcap59%ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 59% [ 17 ]
No
ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 4 I_vote_lcap28%ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 28% [ 8 ]
Maybe, I have some questions or concerns...
ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 4 I_vote_lcap13%ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 29

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 12:05 am

First topic message reminder :

Energy/Health

Ok, we all know the issue of a lot of people god-modding(NEVER fainting) in this rp. So here's a system that is similar to a point system:

Energy System
~Beta Testing~

Energy
Energy is what allows you to do things in a thread, such as enter a specific dungeon and roll dice for items and encounters. Once your character has run out of ENERGY they will "Faint", BUT your character may remain IN the thread. You can choose whether they pass out for a bit or become to exhausted to move much.

Overall Energy
Your "Base Energy"(BE for short) will be determined according to this:
Overall Stats - # BE
1-100 - 5 BE
101-200 - 8 BE
201-300 - 11 BE
301-400 - 14 BE
401-500 - 17 BE
501+ - 20 BE

To find your overall stats, simply use this site: To find your pokemon, simply hit CTRL+F and type in your pokemon's species name and you will be guided to it.
That is your BASE stat, meaning that is what you will DEFINITELY have more than as a base. Once you have found your base energy, simply add on the number of levels your character is to it. For example, if you were a level 5 Bidoof, your total stat would be 250. A total stat of 250 would mean it has 11 BE(Base Energy). Your character is level 5 though, so now your Energy is 16. If you were level 2 your Energy would be 13, and Level 3 would be 14. Each level adds 1 point of Energy.

Using Energy
Energy is an important factor, it is needed to roll the dice of both Encountering and Items. Items will take away 1 energy each time if you have enough energy for it.

When you enter a dungeon, a certain number of energy will be subtracted from your total energy. If you have 30 energy, and go into a dungeon that takes away 15 when you enter, you will have 15 energy remaining to be used.

The amount Encountering takes away varies on just what appears, so use with caution. It will say on the dice result's image what amount of energy is lost by fighting or running away from this creature.

If you are burned or poisoned, 1 energy will be taken away with each page you rp without healing yourself with a pecha berry, rawst berry or a heal seed and such.

A defense scarf will reduce the amount of energy a encounter takes by 1, meaning if the encounter takes away 1, you get a free encounter. THIS ONLY WORKS WHEN YOU ARE WEARING IT.

Restoring Energy
Low on energy? Character can barely move? Healing items such as Oran Berries will restore your energy upon being eaten. A list will be made in the future of what restores how much.

If you do not have such healing items, then you can simply rest your character or prolong battles that you currently have. Each page will restore 1 energy point, so dragging things out will not only earn you more pages to level up, but more energy to stay! If you spend an entire page not encountering or finding any item, the 1 energy you receive will add onto your energy. Meaning you have limitless energy and can keep stacking it up as long as you like without using it! Although, when you end the thread and leave the dungeon, it will be set back to your Normal Total Energy.

Tips
-Using Oran berries even when you're at your total energy, will INCREASE your energy for that thread. Meaning you can spam Oran Berries into your character and end up with 500 energy, but when you end that thread and go to another, it will go back to your total energy.

-Try taking turns on who rolls the dice, that way when your character is exhausted, your partner can begin to roll while your character rests and heals.

-Keep track of your energy by posting your total amount of current energy in each post, you can do it every now and then, but please keep track of how much energy you have!

This^ is what the beta testers are currently testing.

Last edited by BlueKat12 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:50 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updating Rules to System)
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 5:16 pm

Kat, I meant Bail as a form of loyalty. Not as a "Someone help me they've kidnapped me!" Sort of way... Full fledged members would have had to have been on the site and RPed a bit. So you know they're not just gonna stay for one day on the site, ask for a staff position and leave the next day.
You know, technically I never gave my actual reason(s) for voting no. I gave some reasons that influenced it, but not the actual reason(s). Actually only one... Why all of a sudden we need a system for a problem we've been dealing with since Roleplaying was created in text. No idea why...
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 7:04 pm

The reason is that one system like this fixes many problems I as the creator have had with the site for a while. Now I have a way to fix these things in one fell swoop, so why shouldn't I?
It's much easier than introducing multiple new rules across the forum to take care of each individual problem, when a system like this would solve so many in one go.
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 10:57 pm

"Kat, I meant Bail as a form of loyalty. Not as a "Someone help me they've kidnapped me!" Sort of way... Full fledged members would have had to have been on the site and RPed a bit. So you know they're not just gonna stay for one day on the site, ask for a staff position and leave the next day."

Dude, I know that. The way you word your post makes it sound like you're saying that staff positions are given so they wont leave...

"Why all of a sudden we need a system for a problem we've been dealing with since Roleplaying was created in text. No idea why..."

Like Serene said, system fixes issues in one go. Would you rather have a thousand new tiny rules to deal with or just one simple one that isn't difficult?
Back to top Go down
FoxFireAlchemist
Moderator and Dark Ducklett Priestess
FoxFireAlchemist

Poké : 5045

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 11:20 pm

While I had some questions about this system at first, ultimently I think this is a good move for the site. It handles a lot of issues that I have personally experienced both here and on the old site. While I feel there are some issues that will arise when the system is presented to the site, I believe in the site and it's member's abilities to conform and be creative with the new rules.

Another nice thing about this system is that the energy system will give actual use to items such as Berries, Seeds, and even exclusive items (for obvious reasons |D), which as of now are pretty much optional and really unnecessary.

Overall, I've decided to support this system and I have high hopes for the fun new elements it will bring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 10:23 pm

Quote :
You guys do realize that you could easily wake up after fainting right? they do it in the anime. Your character would just be exhausted and you could rp out pages until you get energy back, along with pages that add onto what you need to level up. Your character will have "fainted" but like in the games, you can regenerate!
I kinda like this idea. It gives a use to my shop. Probably, if this is implemented site-wide, I would get a LOT of customers.
But Kitkat- you do know that if what you said in that quote was how it operated, that people woul be able to item-spam until they fainted, wake up in their next post, and then eat a berry or something that they found while item-spamming. Then teir partnr would do it, and so on and so forth.
Also, poisoning/burns. Is it possible that somehow they would affect energy? Just saying.
I support the general idea of the system, but there ARE some bugs to be worked out.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 10:44 pm

bangbronze wrote:
Also, poisoning/burns. Is it possible that somehow they would affect energy?
Poison and burns will slowly eat away at your energy, so yes they will affect it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 1:14 am

After a bit of thinking. I'm changing my vote. As long as this won't become a hassle for members, I'm now up for it.
Back to top Go down
Maxiorc

Maxiorc

Poké : 100

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 2:21 am

I could go on with hundreds of questions, but this will probably be better explained if implemented. i say yes to this.
*insert maxiorc's seal of approval here*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 2:56 pm

Well, I have barely started here, but I think it would be better for everyone to have it, so I vote yes.

I've been reading it severeal times until I have finally understand it. And I think it's better than having nothing. Maybe, implementing it would drive to some problems, but also, by having such problems, we could solve it in the way, don't you think?
Back to top Go down
Peach

Poké : 1060

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 5:07 pm

Ok, this is gonna be a long one. Keep in mind although I still don't think this will work, I am rooting that it somehow will. That said I got a number of concerns here. I also got a couple ideas I'll put at the end. Also, some of these I don't exactly agree with myself, but I can see others arguing with them and see a small point to. I know this is still in beta. I'm just stating concerns. Don't kill me. Finally, I again only read so much, so again, sorry if any of this is outdated.

Moves: So I've been told you guys are trying to figure something out on recovery moves. That's good, but I think there's a bigger picture here. For starters, what about stat increasing? After all, energy is based off all stats, is it not? What about Teleport or Roar? Wouldn't avioding the whole battle save some energy? There's probably more I haven't thought of here, but that's all I got on that for now.

Items: I saw what you did with the defense band. Again, good, but what about the zinc band? Even the power and special bands affect stats, don't they. What about black belts for fighting types or never melt ice for ice types? What about iron or zinc? Shouldn't those increase your energy?

Advantages: While a Gyrados destroys most Pokemon, electric types are their worst nightmare. I think (Yes, this is one I agree with.) type advantages should be considered.

Now for my ideas.

Powers: Ok, I'm just calling them powers for unique names. Anyways, these are bonuses characters can get based of abilities, moves, or just biological facts. Example, Pokemon that can fly use less energy in most travels. Those that swim save energy when going to water based places. (Swimming and flying don't stack.) Pokemon with Teleport also use less travel energy, but still use more energy than flyers and swimmers perhaps. Those with Pick Up use less energy for item finding. These are just ideas, but I thought I'd bring them up.

Advantages: As I stated before, I think type advantages should be considered, but I have a little more. Basically, I think, if considering both your and the opponent's types, move set, and abilities, you can make a good argument that you have the advantage, you save x energy for the encounter. However, if on the same aspects, one can argue that you're at a disadvantage, you lose an extra x energy. I don't include levels and stats as they're already considered in other ways, but that's your call.

Anyways, that's all from me for now.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 2:12 am

Moves: I'd say that moves that increase stats do not effect the amount of energy lost, it still takes energy to use the moves right? Also using Roar is a bit redundant, even in the mystery dungeon games since it would only push the foe back. These types of moves would replace the energy used to run away, because even running would take up energy, sometimes even more energy than fighting. So it would be best to just keep it as is, so it's not extremely complicated and everyone isn't running like cowards from everything just because they're looking for a specific pokemon and want the energy to spawn them.

Items: Items that effect defenses/hp of any kind would effect the amount of energy lost in a good way, BUT attack and speed are a different story. They are only boosting things that would take up energy such as attacking and running, I would prefer it if items such as those had no effect. Items like Iron and Zinc MAY be used as temporary bonuses, and will only be permanent when used in a special way(Headphone Actor plans to open a shop that will help with energy boosting ect. If it's opened then you will probably need to have those kinds of items be turned into an actual drink to Get a permanent boost). As for items such as NevermeltIce and Black Belt, those are items that boost moves of the same type. I don't see how that would effect energy...

Advantages: Though this is true, it would be too complicated and more looking back and forth between different pages would be too tedious

Powers: While abilities(Such as regenerator) MIGHT affect energy, it would once again involve too much looking back and forth to see who does what and what gets what amount of energy. We're trying to keep this as simple as can be.
Back to top Go down
Peach

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 9:56 am

Ok, it took me reading that post, but I figured out my prime issue with this system. It's too simple. I'm normally a fan of simple, but this system is going to have a large affect on what people can do. Therefore, it's going to have a large affect on what they WILL do. The way the energy system is currently going, everyone will just pick a pokemon with the highest BE, get regenerate if they can, learn a healing move and forget about the other moves, get a defense or zinc band, grab a couple pecha berries (assuming they aren't steel or poison), hoard oran berries, and maybe save a spot or two for irons and such if Headphone Actor's shop opens up. If we want this to work, all moves, items, and abilities need to have importance (even if not how I suggested earlier) and pokemon with low BE need a shot at making up for it. I know this can't be done perfectly, but I also know we can do better than this. If this requires complicating things a little, making it so people will have to look at other pages once in a while, and even completely changing this system before release, then I still think it would be worth it. I'm willing to purpose a whole battle system if it comes down to it. (Rather or not I'm capable may be another story. :3 ) Don't get me wrong. I know things can be too complex, but I also think we shouldn't be afraid of the idea of looking at a guide once in a while. It's ok if not everything clicks right away, so long as we have help figuring out where it doesn't click.

Also, on a not quite related note, how is mega-evolution gonna factor in here?
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 4:20 pm

If people are just going to use a pokemon for their stats, there is seriously no point in them joining the site. It's not a competition or a battle between members, it's a way of storytelling. Everyone should quit worrying with their petty little issues to be honest.

Also I can't win either way. Most were saying it was too complicated as it was, now you're saying it's too simple and we haven't even implemented it yet. MAKE YOUR MIND UP.
To be perfectly honest I think you are all complimenting things way more than you need to. The system will remain how it was initially proposed, other than the few small changes made after beta testing. If stuff happens after it is implemented to change that, then we will get to that when it comes.

Also as I have said many times before, Mega Evolution and anything to do with Gen 6 will not be implemented into the site until at least early next year, so I have not even considered how mega evolution will work.
Back to top Go down
Peach

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 6:21 pm

Ok, I wanted to give you more cool off time, but I can't help but feel this is moving too quickly for that, so here we go.

1. The energy system is going to encourage competition to some degree, rather you want it to or not. I'm not saying it'll be the new focus of this site, as it probably won't, but it will be in there. (Which in all honesty, isn't necessarily a bad thing, but that's another discussion for another time.)I'm just trying to make it harder to break the system.

2. You are, as is obvious, fully allowed to disagree with me. You can even disagree on a gut feeling. When someone takes my legit concerns and discards them as "petty issues", however, then my anger starts up. I would like to have my opinions respected just as you would like for yours.

3. The energy system is a big deal, therefore, contraversy was bound to happen and is bound to continue. I'm sorry you're in the middle of this, but at the same time, it neither my fault, nor anyone else's. That said, though I may be disappointed, the fact that you rule against me alone will not make me think less of you. I do wish you'd think this over though.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 9:50 pm

People are perfectly allowed to hoard, it's called being wise with your items. People do it all the time in the games, would you go into a difficult dungeon with nothing in your pack by choice? It's utterly suicide!
People won't be able to make High Statted pokemon forever though, it'll eventually become a banned pokemon. Even if they make a pokemon just for that, they'll be STUCK with it for 700 long grueling posts in the main rp. Maybe we should make a warning on the character app to choose/create characters wisely?

Also you MIGHT bring this up, but i'm not sure so I'm just going to post this here anyways:
As for when pokemon are UNbanned, I am unsure, I believe pokemon will begin to be unbanned once a lot of them has reached the list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

ENERGY SYSTEM
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next