Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

ENERGY SYSTEM

Go down 
+7
FoxFireAlchemist
JeffMandM
Suds
Solilo
Savato
Nocive
Kat
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Should we use this energy system on the site? (Please give reasons within the thread x3)
Yes
ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 3 I_vote_lcap59%ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 59% [ 17 ]
No
ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 3 I_vote_lcap28%ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 28% [ 8 ]
Maybe, I have some questions or concerns...
ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 3 I_vote_lcap13%ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 29

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 12:05 am

First topic message reminder :

Energy/Health

Ok, we all know the issue of a lot of people god-modding(NEVER fainting) in this rp. So here's a system that is similar to a point system:

Energy System
~Beta Testing~

Energy
Energy is what allows you to do things in a thread, such as enter a specific dungeon and roll dice for items and encounters. Once your character has run out of ENERGY they will "Faint", BUT your character may remain IN the thread. You can choose whether they pass out for a bit or become to exhausted to move much.

Overall Energy
Your "Base Energy"(BE for short) will be determined according to this:
Overall Stats - # BE
1-100 - 5 BE
101-200 - 8 BE
201-300 - 11 BE
301-400 - 14 BE
401-500 - 17 BE
501+ - 20 BE

To find your overall stats, simply use this site: To find your pokemon, simply hit CTRL+F and type in your pokemon's species name and you will be guided to it.
That is your BASE stat, meaning that is what you will DEFINITELY have more than as a base. Once you have found your base energy, simply add on the number of levels your character is to it. For example, if you were a level 5 Bidoof, your total stat would be 250. A total stat of 250 would mean it has 11 BE(Base Energy). Your character is level 5 though, so now your Energy is 16. If you were level 2 your Energy would be 13, and Level 3 would be 14. Each level adds 1 point of Energy.

Using Energy
Energy is an important factor, it is needed to roll the dice of both Encountering and Items. Items will take away 1 energy each time if you have enough energy for it.

When you enter a dungeon, a certain number of energy will be subtracted from your total energy. If you have 30 energy, and go into a dungeon that takes away 15 when you enter, you will have 15 energy remaining to be used.

The amount Encountering takes away varies on just what appears, so use with caution. It will say on the dice result's image what amount of energy is lost by fighting or running away from this creature.

If you are burned or poisoned, 1 energy will be taken away with each page you rp without healing yourself with a pecha berry, rawst berry or a heal seed and such.

A defense scarf will reduce the amount of energy a encounter takes by 1, meaning if the encounter takes away 1, you get a free encounter. THIS ONLY WORKS WHEN YOU ARE WEARING IT.

Restoring Energy
Low on energy? Character can barely move? Healing items such as Oran Berries will restore your energy upon being eaten. A list will be made in the future of what restores how much.

If you do not have such healing items, then you can simply rest your character or prolong battles that you currently have. Each page will restore 1 energy point, so dragging things out will not only earn you more pages to level up, but more energy to stay! If you spend an entire page not encountering or finding any item, the 1 energy you receive will add onto your energy. Meaning you have limitless energy and can keep stacking it up as long as you like without using it! Although, when you end the thread and leave the dungeon, it will be set back to your Normal Total Energy.

Tips
-Using Oran berries even when you're at your total energy, will INCREASE your energy for that thread. Meaning you can spam Oran Berries into your character and end up with 500 energy, but when you end that thread and go to another, it will go back to your total energy.

-Try taking turns on who rolls the dice, that way when your character is exhausted, your partner can begin to roll while your character rests and heals.

-Keep track of your energy by posting your total amount of current energy in each post, you can do it every now and then, but please keep track of how much energy you have!

This^ is what the beta testers are currently testing.

Last edited by BlueKat12 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:50 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updating Rules to System)
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:53 am

That had nothing to do with anything and you know it. Change is necessary, but the point is to make the change as positive as possible. And I'm not sure if all has been done to do that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 4:08 am

Kat, when those were made people weren't scared to accept it. They were more or less skeptical about if it would work or not. Not the fact they were scared out of their mind. It was groundbreaking technology that could change the way everybody lives. People were accepting of that as inventions kept coming and coming during those periods.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 4:31 am

Can we stop this argument about change and get back to the topic at hand please?
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 4:41 am

You know... One thing I thought about the whole getting up after fainting aspect really ruins the whole fainting thing... Basically you faint... You're usually dragged out of the dungeon by some passerby. By allowing people to get up what's really the use of fainting?
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 4:54 am

Even though you can get back up, you'll still be weak. Without a reviver seed, you wont be able to jump back up on your feet at full health. You can choose to wait out your energy regenerating or just end the thread as you "fainting"(Meaning if you're on a mission you would have to give it up if you don't want to sit there and wait) and start another with full energy...Fainting is a sign of weakness, that your character isn't invincible, even if its for a few moments of total blackness. Yes characters around here may be beaten up a lot, but they almost never get beaten to the point of fainting. Also, it's called compromise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 9:48 am

So, if we ever did do this... (Just a few pointless questions about the whole fainting thing ^^)
How much energy would you exactly recover from 'getting up' without a Reviver seed?
How long would you have to wait till you 'get up'?
How would you exactly keep track of this whole energy thing? Do you have to write it down somewhere or something?
Since you can just get up and recover some energy wouldn't that mean you could just keep getting up and not even use any items such as a Reviver seed and berries?

Sorry I was kind of curious ^^;

Last edited by Xeryd on Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Peach

Poké : 1060

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 10:13 am

Ok, I again admit I skimmed, though this time due to time constraint over laziness. Anyway, I still had my eye caught on a few more things I wish to talk about. Fair warning, I may have my bluntness in here from time to time.

Ok, I'm lowering my pitchfork and torch, but I'm still not sure this is what we need. I do know this needs tweaking before being finalized.

1. With energy spent on item finding depending on the item's rarity, I disagree, lots. The item's rarity is based off chance, so making someone use more energy for rarer items is punishing them for being lucky, and you NEVER make a system that punishes people for being lucky. Imagine if on those slot machines in the game corner you had to pay taxes in poke based on how many coins you won. Those slots don't look so tempting anymore.

Next, which is my biggest issue, it's too easy for a lot of Pokemon to get the short end of the stick. I get that 100% balance won't and shouldn't happen, but at the same, I know for a fact this WILL influence people's choice in Pokemon, so we need to make sure no ends of the stick are too short, or else we're gonna get way too many chansey, Garchomp, and so on. In short, if you must do this, at least beta-test the snot out of it first.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 1:49 pm

Well I'd suggest Having all pokemon have the same base, but then somebody would just bring up the argument that pokemon are different and therefor should have different bases like Acti did when I suggested just giving them bases by Types in the staff section...

As for the items, eh true about that. How about each roll is just a small set amount, like it only takes 1 energy? Also Beta Testing set up is almost complete so if you would like to be a beta tester please PM me and I will add you to the group that can see the beta testing and help out.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:18 pm

As of the beta test, items universally cost 1 energy to find so you needn't worry about that Peach.

Xeryd wrote:
How much energy would you exactly recover from 'getting up' without a Reviver seed?
How long would you have to wait till you 'get up'?
How would you exactly keep track of this whole energy thing? Do you have to write it down somewhere or something?
You wouldn't recover any energy after 'fainting' until you finished RPing a page in your thread. Then you would recover 1 energy for every page you complete. (Note that that amount is subject to change as we beta test and discover the right amount)

As for how long you'd wait. Well that depends on the RPer. Theoretically if you have no energy and your partner does, they could look after you until you regain energy. Or you could get up right away and your character just doesn't have any energy to move on very quickly.
When one character runs out of energy, the other characters in the thread can still roll so you'd be perfectly able to continue with something like a mission whilst your character recovers energy, and that's assuming you didn't bring a reviver seed or any healing berries with you.

As for how you'd keep track of this, RPers would be required to write down in their thread when they lose energy. For example, you and your partner just started a thread in a dungeon that takes 5 energy to get to, you could do something simple like this just to keep track of it in your own posts:
<Xeryd 15/20 energy>

Xeryd wrote:
Since you can just get up and recover some energy wouldn't that mean you could just keep getting up and not even use any items such as a Reviver seed and berries?
No because although you can continue your thread as long as someone else in the thread still has energy, the character that ran out of energy won't be able to roll again until his/her energy replenishes slowly as you build up pages in the thread. As I said before that amount is currently set to 1 energy per page in the thread, but is subject to change.
You will all need to be careful however as if all participants in the thread run out of energy, you will likely faint properly and have to end the thread as you will not really have any way to continue...
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 8:00 pm

Ah, okay ^^
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 12:38 am

"Next, which is my biggest issue, it's too easy for a lot of Pokemon to get the short end of the stick. I get that 100% balance won't and shouldn't happen, but at the same, I know for a fact this WILL influence people's choice in Pokemon, so we need to make sure no ends of the stick are too short, or else we're gonna get way too many chansey, Garchomp, and so on. In short, if you must do this, at least beta-test the snot out of it first."

So how about we ban such pokemon from being available to new users? Like, the pokemon aren't perma banned, but you just can't start out as them?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 12:58 am

BlueKat12 wrote:
So how about we ban such pokemon from being available to new users? Like, the pokemon aren't perma banned, but you just can't start out as them?
I don't know, I just think that wouldn't be fair just saying xD

Edit: (Might be a terrible reason) I guess because you would just limit some Pokemon to people based on what there status is. Blah, I really don't have a good reason why but feel free to say that's a stupid reason. xD

Last edited by Xeryd on Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 12:59 am

Please explain WHY you think it's unfair Xeryd ^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 4:47 am

Because it's basically like giving those with higher authority or people who've been here awhile, special things. Of course people who are Members get the opportunity to become part of staff but that's more or less making sure they won't bail on the site. Which sometimes also doesn't work. Plus by doing the thing with banning pokemon, it encourages those people to make short posts so they can get to member faster to get a pokemon they want. and Finally. This seems a bit off topic from the energy system just a tiny bit.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 2:49 pm

Um Mex...it's called Loyaltly prizes...I know of quite a few sites that do that(not rp sites though since this is the only one I ever really go on for rping). Also wtf kind of thinking is that!? Staff is a position to help out the site, not an attempt to forcefully anchor them to it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

ENERGY SYSTEM
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next