Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.

Go down 
+10
Vulpes
Headphone Actor
Shadowscyther
Jikumo
Suds
Crytic
Pikashock
Solilo
Kat
Savato
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 34 ... 49  Next
AuthorMessage
Savato

Savato

Poké : 380

Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 19 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 8:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

It has come to my attention, that this forum had been lacking a thread for the game Werewolf, also known as Mafia up to now. Thus, I've decided to launch one of them.

Werewolf Rules:

At the beginning of a round of Werewolf, all participating players will be assigned a role, which will be determined randomly. Most players will be Villager roles, while there will be a small number of Werewolves and other roles as well, depending on the size of the game.

There are two alternating phases, a Day phase and a Night phase.
The game starts in a Day phase. In this phase, all players can communicate freely with one another. All players can vote for a player to lynch or to perform no lynch for the day.
Should a previously set amount of time (usually 2-3 days) have passed, the player, who has recieved the most votes, will be lynched and thus removed from the game. Their role will be revealed for all to see. Should a player recieve the absolute majority of votes before the time is over, the day ends immediately with that player lynched.
A lynched player can not participate in the current round anymore, including talking.

As the Day phase ends, the Night phase begins. In it, talking is not allowed.
The Werewolves use PMs to talk to each other and agree on a player to kill.
This target will then be PMed to the host of the game by one of them.
Other roles with abilities, that can be used during the night PM the host, which player they want to target, if they want to do so at all.
After the host has recieved targets from all roles capable of targeting or a previously set amount of time has passed (usually 1-2 days), the Night phase ends, and all dead players will be revealed, including their roles. As the night ends, another Day phase begins.

This cycle continues, until either the Villagers or the Werewolves have achieved their victory condition.

You are not allowed to talk about the game outside of this thread!
Quoting, Fakequoting and using screenshots are not allowed!

The Roles:

Villager: The Villager is the most common role. Villagers only know their own role in the beginning. They have no powers aside from the right to vote for a player to lynch in the Day phase. They are aligned with the Town Faction and thus win, should all Werewolves die.

Werewolf: The Werewolves are the antagonists of the game. While there are few of them, every Werewolf will recieve the names of the other Werewolves per PM at the beginning of a round. Not only can they vote for a player to lynch in the day phase, but they can agree on a player to kill in the Night phase as well. They are allowed to communicate between themselves using PMs. They are aligned with the Anti-Town Faction and win, should they outnumber the Town Faction.

Alpha Wolf: Functions exactly like a normal Werewolf, but shows up as a Villager, should it be investigated by the Seer.

Doctor: The Doctor is a Villager with a special ability. There will only be one Doctor in a round. The Doctor can vote on a target to lynch in the Day phase. In the Night phase, it can PM the host a player to protect. Should that player be the target for the Werewolves to kill that night, the kill will fail. The Doctor can protect itself. Since it is aligned with the Town Faction, it wins, should all Werewolves die.

Seer: The Seer is a Villager with a special ability. There will only be one Seer in a round. The Seer can vote on a target to lynch in the Day phase. In the Night phase, it can PM the host a player to investigate. As the next Day phase begins, the Seer will be told the role of the investigated player with a PM. Since it is aligned with the Town Faction, it wins, should all Werewolves die.

Vigligante: Can choose a player to kill every night, but doesn't have to. Wins with the Town Faction.

Serial Killer: Can choose a player to kill every night, but doesn't have to. Wins, should everyone else be dead.

Lovers: Always at least two players. Should one of them die, the other one commits suicide. All Lovers know of the innocence of their loved ones. They can talk with each other per PM. They win with the Town Faction.

Jester: Wins, should it be lynched. Loses, should it survive or die for another reason than being lynched.

Other Roles: While many other possibilities for roles exist, I'll keep it simple at first and only use these roles. Should I add another one for a later round, I'll explain it.

Voting: Every player has exactly one vote for each Day phase.
To vote, please use the following format:

Vote: Playername

If you would like to withdraw your vote, use the following format:

Unvote: Playername

You can cast your vote onto another player, should you withdraw your first vote.

Should there be a two-way tie, the lynched player will be determined randomly.
Should one of the tieing parties be No Lynch, the Lynch will happen.
Should there be a three-or-more-way-tie, no lynch will happen.

I will now wait for participants. Should we get enough participants, I will start the round and send out the role PMs.

Should there be any questions, feel free to ask me!

Current Players:

-Savato
-Pichupichuuu

Hosting order:

-Suds, Madness of Intellect

-MexterInfinite, Winner of the Vietnam War

Last edited by Savato on Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:56 pm; edited 109 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 19 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 3:14 am

I am joining! SIGN ME U-HUUP
Back to top Go down
JeffMandM

JeffMandM

Poké : 1280

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 19 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 3:18 am

alright you two are in. no worries. :3
Back to top Go down
JeffMandM

JeffMandM

Poké : 1280

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 19 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 11:10 pm

OK, I've got the list ready! The game may begin! Thanks to sav for the story.

Character List:

Pikashock the Rapidash
MexterInfinite the Dragonair
pikapikaa the Raichu
Sakura the Ivysaur
Shadowscyther the Charizard
Suds the Quilava
Wistuffly the Ampharos
Xeryd the Elekid

There are 3 Villagers, 2 Werewolves, 1 Seer, 1 Doctor, and 1 Jester.

The forest was dark, yet the courageous explorers showed no trace of fear as they searched for the cave of the mysterious outlaw gang. They had never met before, all of them hailing from different guilds all across the continent, all of them sent to defeat this particularly dangerous group.
Unbeknownst to them all, the outlaws knew of their arrival.
They were prepared.
Just as the adventurers began to see silhouettes and shadows in the bushes around them, a bright light filled their field of vision.
Then there was darkness.
As they finally regained their vision, the gathered Pokémon found, what looked like a crudely made trap, containing some used Blinker Seeds. And that wasn't even the worst thing.
Two of those adventurers were lying on the ground now, face down.
Those bandits had taken advantage of the confusion and struck both of them down as they saw their chance.
While the remaining Pokémon knew, that some of them actually were the outlaw group in disguise, they decided to knock out one Pokémon per day to increase the amount of information they could gather. Hopefully it would work, as otherwise they all would end up like the two Pokémon in front of them.

Jeff, the Plusle and Savato the Minun have fainted. It is now Day.

Last edited by JeffMandM on Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:42 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 19 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 11:25 pm

I say we kill Pika right here right now No, just kidding, as all games begin with, we must go with no lynch. So. Vote: No Lynch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 19 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 11:37 pm

I guess
Vote: No lynch
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

Poké : 780

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 12:34 am

I'M GOING TO DO SOMETHING ORIGINAL!
Vote: No lynch
/hit
Back to top Go down
Wistuffly

Wistuffly

Poké : 220

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 12:57 am

I suppose. There aren't very many of us here, so it will be easier to find the outlaws. Tomorrow, we need to lynch someone. We have pretty good odds on lynching an outlaw, and the sooner we start the more chances we have.

Last edited by Wistuffly on Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shadowscyther

Shadowscyther

Poké : 1500

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 1:15 am

:( This is so boring.

Vote: No Lynch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 1:30 am

Well one problem we currently have is not know how many of a certain role there are right now.

You know... In the famous words of a person of the internet. Lerrrrooooooooy!
Also known as, we might as well change it up every once in awhile and just lynch on the first day, if we fail, we do still get quite a bit of evidence. So, Unvote: No Lynch. Now who to vote for... Well I'm sorry, but I'll be voting for Xeryd. I find it a bit odd you've never been a traitor yet.. So, excuse me for using just luck of the draw, But I'll being voting for you. Vote: Xeryd

Last edited by MexterInfinite on Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ...)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 2:17 am

Oh really? So.. suddenly?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 2:22 am

Xeryd, I don't mean it to be a whole fully thought out reason, but it's more or less to see what reactions are from that, and use those reactions to determine who is acting a bit differently. We're getting to the point in the game where we can start learning how people act under certain things. If they're a normal person, a special one, an outlaw. But even if the reactions aren't that large, it's just taking an early chance and doing it now. If we wait until tomorrow we won't have anymore evidence than we do now. The only thing will be, "That one person who died overnight isn't an outlaw" It's a one person difference, so I'm beginning to wonder why we keep doing this. Even if the person lynched is a good person, then the next day there'd be two people gone. It'd be a bit easier.
Back to top Go down
Wistuffly

Wistuffly

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 3:21 am

"3 Villagers, 2 Werewolves, 1 Seer, 1 Doctor, and 1 Jester."

We do know the roles of everyone. And it's a pretty good spread. But Mex, you have the right idea. We need to start lynching people, regardless of role. If they're an Outlaw, we're one step closer to winning. If they're an Innocent, we slim the odds and have a higher chance of finding an Outlaw.

We all need to lynch someone. I'd say Xeryd, unless she can convince us otherwise. We can't let the Outlaws pick us off day by day and not do anything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 3:40 am

See Wist here gets the idea also. We need to lynch someone first day. It's becoming a bit obvious the closer games happen when we don't lynch. Minus the first game, but then again that was the first one of them all. We all acted pretty dumb then.
Back to top Go down
Wistuffly

Wistuffly

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 3:44 am

Quite. Hopefully, some of you will reconsider and we can agree on someone to lynch. It's pretty much blind, but if any of you have an idea I'm all ears.
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

Poké : 780

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 4:01 am

I don't know, what if we lynch someone important? Right now with no other outlaw, we pretty much have no chance of fighting the werewolves at night, and if we vote out the Seer, we may have screwed ourselves to the point where everyone dies. D:
However you guys are right, and we would most likely die if we all let the werewolves run loose....
For now I'm going to Unvote: No Lynch because I'm just conflicted on what we were supposed to do....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.   Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game. - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Werewolf/Mafia - A forum game.
Page 19 of 49Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 34 ... 49  Next