Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

The beginnings of a team

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Maxiorc

Maxiorc

Poké : 100

The beginnings of a team - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: The beginnings of a team   The beginnings of a team - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 9:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

Shawn is sitting in grassveil looking bored and with a slight headache."god i wish i had a team to talk with..." He state out loud

Last edited by Maxiorc on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: The beginnings of a team   The beginnings of a team - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:51 pm

Mellow fumed for a few moments at the reply and the infuriating smirk the Zorua had on his face, attempting to find a clever retort she could use. "Oh yeah... well... you know what I mean! Don't give me that look, you just do, ok? The way you said it was insulting! Since when does an assessment include a biased opinion and misjudgement of a person you just met?" the Oddish retorted, narrowing her eyes, inwardly patting herself on the back for such a clever retort.
Back to top Go down
Maxiorc

Maxiorc

PostSubject: Re: The beginnings of a team   The beginnings of a team - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:55 pm

When that person obviously tries to display an outward attitude, and his behaviors dont match up to someone with that kind of real personality." Shawn just gave her a look of contempt. " and people are most honest when they are caught off guard. I dont even know the buizel, or even his name, but im supposed to automatically trust him enough to not abandonus when things get tough? Ive suffered loss and betrayal before. Not going through it again." Shawn had a satisfied look.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The beginnings of a team   The beginnings of a team - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:04 pm

The Oddish reared back in surprise, before feeling her anger dissappitate. What did one say to a statement like that? He appeared to be honest when saying that... she didn't want to scold him for just attempting to protect them, but still.... "Fine...," she huffed out before apologizing softly, "... Sorry. But still... next time when trying to test someone, be a bit nicer, 'k?"
Back to top Go down
Maxiorc

Maxiorc

PostSubject: Re: The beginnings of a team   The beginnings of a team - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:07 pm

" ok, i just think from experience, it is better to surprise someone and put them on the defensive when asking them questions. If someone defends themselves when they are expecting an automatic reply, they are caught off guard mostly. Shows their integrity, but... Ill try to be nicer."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The beginnings of a team   The beginnings of a team - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:14 pm

Mellow nodded, satisfied with this compromise. "Alright, so, what can you do, Buizel?" the plant asked curiously, not noticing that the sentence she just said could be taken as an insult. She merely meant it purely from curiosity and couldn't help it. Once she noticed this, her eyes widened and she stumbled, "I- I mean... not implying that you can't do anything- I mean you CAN do things, but I just want to see what you can do..." She shifted uneasily from stubby foot to stubby foot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The beginnings of a team   The beginnings of a team - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 1:58 am

Clive watched the zorua with a cool look, he hadn't anticipated a second question, but kept his relaxed posture. He simply waited for the zorua to finish then respond, but before he could react the oddish had defended him. Now this he was taken by surprise of, his smile disappeared for a moment but returned seconds later. During the argument he would nod or shake his head at their points, when things had finally turned to him his smile grew wider. "Well, first may I say. You don't know me or my name, so I don't expect you to trust me, but see this from my point of view. I don't know your name or who any of you are, so how am I supposed to trust any of you? That's the beauty of it, taking risks." He had chuckled, grinning proudly. During his statement he stood off from the wall and walked in a half circle around the group. Waving his paws at certain points, at the end he winked only to add charm. "Darling, don't stress yourself on insulting me. I've been called much worst." Clive lazily gestured to the oddish, then spoke again. "What can I do? Well, lots. Basic things like, pick up stuff hold stuff, jump, dance, you know." He laughed for a second then actually answered their inquiry. "Okay, for real now. A water type, like I, can come in handy in such situations whereas water is the upper hand. In example, let's say this pretty girl over here gets in conflict with a, let's say, charmander. Being it's a fire type she would have the disadvantage, but see this is where I come in. I simply blast them away with my expertise in H2O." He grinned, his double tipped tail swished back and forth. His tactics was charismatic, and flattery, which he often used to get his way.

Last edited by DragonPlush on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The beginnings of a team   The beginnings of a team - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 2:48 am

Mellow blushed slightly when she was complimented and at the charm the Buizel exuded. She wasn't used to false flattery or charms at all, so this was a completely new experience to her. The Oddish had been been brought up to wear her emotions on her sleeves and to be honest with feelings, so she happened to completely misinterpret the compliment into something deeper. Regardless, she shook her head furiously to clear her brain of such thoughts, as he wasn't acting like a pokemon who was infatuated with another, and dismissed it (reluctantly) that he was just teasing her about it.

"That's true...," she agreed, nodding before beginning to bounce up and down to release some energy. The grass type HATED when she had to stay in one place for too long. She suddenly smiled cheerfully and laughed when a thought hit her in the face. "Oh, here we are, discussing about making a team, and we don't even know each other's names yet! My name's Mellow, as I said before, and its a pleasure to meet all of you!"
Back to top Go down
Maxiorc

Maxiorc

PostSubject: Re: The beginnings of a team   The beginnings of a team - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 2:59 am

" i agree on the latter, but not on the first. You say that as if a risk is always worth the possible outcome. Lets say i dont agree on having you join. Its a simple no as a consequence. Now lets say i agree, you are on a team and you run away at first sight of danger, and we lose,you lose nothing, but if you come with us, it is a circumstantial odds of you being assisting, or you could turn your back on us." Shawn pointed out blatantly." Its a no lose situation for you but our end has more risks than gratifications, so our wariness is justified. But that also gives us the upperhand, because i havent seen many rescue teams around here recently, and you wandering in and trying to sign on a group that is JUST forming, means some level of desperation. Ill save you the time and let you join, but im not going to put all my money on you in a fight. Someone who is unprepared to adapt quickly to something unexpected, is someone who needs a guide to show them what will happen. I cant guarantee that, because life is full of choices. Now its up to yours- will you join despite the risks, or play it off with something like'oh im to cool to waste time on you'?" Shawn gave him an appraising stare as he had just turned the advantage to himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The beginnings of a team   The beginnings of a team - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 3:20 am

Mellow didn't like the way the Zorua was talking to the (admittedly, charming) Buizel, and the fact that he totally ignored her question, and was therefor disrespecting her, but stayed silent. He brought up a really good point, and as much as she hated to admit it, she didn't fully trust any of the pokemon around her who were about to become her teamates, either. She hurriedly cleared her head of these thoughts to stop her mind from wandering into a darker set of memories-- being abandoned by her friends in the forest all alone so many years ago...

However, that didn't excuse him from not answering her question. So, the grass type, not one to be brushed off so easily, persisted questioning them all with a kind sing- songy, "Well, it's not very nice to leave a pokemon hanging! I don't want to accidently call you by a name you don't like, and if you don't tell me your names, I'll start making up names that I can remember each of you by myself~ And I must say, I'm partial to Fluffers for one of you!"

After saying this, Mellow laughed light-heartedly, signifying that she was joking, a playful twinkle in her eye.
Back to top Go down
Maxiorc

Maxiorc

PostSubject: Re: The beginnings of a team   The beginnings of a team - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 3:32 am

she sure is a hyperactive oddish...wonder what she's hiding. "I'm sorry, my name is shawn and the starly, currently leaping around in the middle of town, is named jacky. I met him in a building conflict with a shuppet who i would be willing to guess is somewhere nearby. People like that who enjoy causing trouble don't take a loss easy. They then have an excuse to cause conflict."

Speaking of which, i'll have to ask jacky what his deal is with just being scared into near submission, just from the presence of a shuppet. shawn stood up advanced toward the oddish and held his paw out."nice to meet you mellow"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The beginnings of a team   The beginnings of a team - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 2:54 pm

Mellow smiled triumphantly at figuring out the names of two out of three of her new team members. "Welp, it's really nice to meet you two as well! Shawn the Zorua ad Jacky the Starly... those are pretty sweet names!" the Oddish complimented kindly, beginning to bounce again in excitement. Mellow giggled before asking playfully, after turning to Clive, "So, Buizel~ Are you going to tell us your name, or must we call you Fluffers from now on?"

At the moment, the Oddish was too elated to get to know the names of her teamates that she was completely oblivious to the fact that the Buizel might be offended by her playful jibe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The beginnings of a team   The beginnings of a team - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 5:31 pm

Clive listened to Mellow as her excitement seem to overwhelm her, a weak smile played at his lips. His gaze turned over to the zorua as Shawn began to tell all the possibilities of risk-taking, the buizel listened carefully can worked up a response. Though before he could answer, Mellow had spoke up again about their names, that gave him the reminder of his own name. " Ah, well to answer your theory Shawn, I have a few responses. First, I don't abandon my teammates, it's the test of loyalty, and I believe I do well in that department. Now with back-stabbing, as I said loyalty, I am, as I would like to think of myself as, a honest and honorable pokemon." He made animated actions to match his statement of what kind of buizel he was, he put his paw onto his chest and stood proudly at complimenting himself. He then continued as normal. "That's the thing with risks, you never know what you're gonna get. Only the possibility of what you hear, and what you don't hear. As for desperation, I say It's more of a smart move. Like you said, that isn't that many rescue teams, so why would I wait around hoping to find a partner and or team, when there is one forming right here." Clive made his way over to the wall he was previously leaning on, and resumed the position he held moments before, while speaking. "Joining, yes. I'll defiantly take the risks. Life is a whole lot boring without them." He made his speech without self-doubt or loosing breathe, a casual smirk grew onto his features as his eyes flickered to Mellow then back to Shawn.

"So my good man, I may now introduce myself. Not that I am not fond of 'Fluffers' just that I would love the satisfaction of my team to know my name. " Clive held out his paw, with a confident grin. Winking at Mellow as he mentioned the name Fluffers. "Greetings, Jacky, Mellow, and Shawn. Though I have a dictionary full of nicknames, my true call-by is Clive. I am at your service." His grin remained at his lips as he made a dramatic entrance of his name. The list of things pokemon used to call him in the past ran through his mind, he laughed silently on the inside.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The beginnings of a team   The beginnings of a team - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 5:46 pm

Mellow furiously blushed at the Buizel's calm and confident manner in which he answered the questions, and when he winked at her. Her heart pounded furiously in her chest, and she felt like dancing around in happiness. The poor Oddish didn't know how to handle such flirting without taking it seriously, and was beginning to grow a small crush on the water-type.

No! He's just teasing you, don't fall for it! The little grass type thought as she shook her head slightly to clear her blush and brain from thoughts. It just wouldn't do to fall for a pokemon she just met! "It's very nice to meet you, Clive!" Mellow cheerfully stated, smiling kindly at the pokemon before beginning to wave her leaves in the air. "So, team? I nominate the idea to go hang out or take a mission or something! What do you say?"
Back to top Go down
Maxiorc

Maxiorc

PostSubject: Re: The beginnings of a team   The beginnings of a team - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 6:37 pm

so the little pokemon can think on his feet, that is good. Been enough testing him. shawn looked at mellow and saw her blush he had a big grin on his face.well ill just see how this interest plays out shawn turns his attention to the buizel."i think im not the only one who agrees with you joining the team. Sorry about the first degree, i just wanted to see how you think on your feet. And," shawn tilts his head in mellows direction" she can deal with her internal interests just fine i think. Welcome to the team. We are team bodark." Shawn looks at the two pokemon then searches for the starly who is still leaping around in grassveil in total bliss."this oughta be an interesting match up." He chuckles at the variety in his team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The beginnings of a team   The beginnings of a team - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 8:31 pm

Jacky couldn't help it but show his excitement that e ejoined a team."Hey how about taking up jobs from the Guild?Wouldn't it be awesome?!".Jacky's eyes started sparkling.The thought of the adventures he would do with his team made him feel so excited.(exams finish tomorrow wish me luck =P)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The beginnings of a team   The beginnings of a team - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The beginnings of a team
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next