Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lumin

Lumin

Poké : 6581

A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina) Empty
PostSubject: A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina)   A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina) EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 4:21 pm

Just outside the bustling town, near a sign-post directing travelers into the rolling hills of the greater Grassveil area, a tiny fox paced nervously in circles while she waited. It had only been a few minutes since arriving at the agreed location, and already Tina was beginning to fret again. Was this really a good idea? Taking him to meet... them? The thought alone sent unsettling chills down the Fennekin's short spine and threatened to make her tail poof up in anxiety. The pacing, oddly enough, helped considerably though.

As long as her little legs were moving, Tina was able to distract herself away from the dread of her parents meeting the boy she liked. Unfortunately, that led to many other unpleasant thoughts every time Deimos entered her mind, with that permanent expression of slight disapproval mixed with innocent confusion plastered on his face. Most notable was one of her last encounters, which was nothing less that a big black smudge on her otherwise adequate performance assessment as a defender of those who couldn't defend themselves.

Even now she mentally kicked herself again for attacking not just Deimos, but the young Sandshew, Yigo, as well. The very two whom had been her saviors not long before. Though the Absol had forgiven her since then, Tina still shrank under his gaze despite herself, feeling he might still hold some resentment for her behavior. Perhaps that was why she even agreed to arrange for him to meet her parents. As a kind of peace-offering, maybe. To show him vengeance wasn't all there was in her heart.

And yet, Tina still deeply dreaded that fateful moment. She knew her parents well, and knowing Deimos like she did, the Fennekin had a sinking feeling that their introduction wasn't going to be a picnic.

It's not too late yet, right...? Tina thought to herself after five minutes of pacing, I could just... turn around and leave. Say I forgot to meet. Or... I got held back. Th-then we could reschedule.. yeah. Reschedule to never! It's perfect!

Alas, just as Tina turned around to leave, 100% set on fleeing this grown-up responsibility, who else would she see approaching, but the very Pokemon she'd been waiting on. Just like that, all hope of escaping plopped into her belly like a rock as she froze on the spot and sat down in defeat, waiting for the Absol to draw closer before she called out to him in a shaky tone.

"O-oh...! You--you made it, great...!" she stammered, shifting uncomfortably on the spot before just blurting out her reservations immediately, "A-are you sure you want to do this, Deimos? My parents can be kind of... a-and it's not to late, right? We could just... head down to the pond and spend the afternoon. And forget about all of this! R.. right?" Nervous and blushing, with her ears sizzling in an obvious display of uncertainty, Tina attempted a smile, but it was... tense.
Back to top Go down
Blade12

Blade12

Poké : 1360

PostSubject: Re: A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina)   A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina) EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 6:01 pm

"Journal, check. Absolite, check. Revival seed in case anything happens, check. These... Check, all in order" Deimos murmured out under his breath, a short distance away from the rendezvous point with the local fox. Having already made the relatively long trip from his western abode in the Library, Deimos had felt the need to quickly check that his inventory was all in proper order before advancing for the meeting. Tina had stated prior that her parents cared deeply for her but other than that and their species, he didn't know a great deal about them. He didn't want to accidentally cause offence.

With his equipment now in order, Deimos stretched and carefully slung his Reaper Cloth bag over his side and began advancing towards the rendezvous at a relaxed pace. With the prior skirmish in the woods, now water under the bridge in the Absol's eyes, in mind, Deimos didn't want to keep her waiting long. Tina had suggested once herself that he and Yigo could meet her parents on friendly terms, so it seemed a sensible way to try and have a less... combative time with Fennekin. Arceus knows she deserves one at this point.

In stark contrast to the panicking fox, the encroaching Absol appeared relatively relaxed and content as it came into view, greeting the Fennekin with a nod. "Good morning, Tina" Deimos spoke in a relaxed, friendly tone as he came to a stop next to Tina, tilting his head somewhat in response to her panicked state. Was she worried about another fight or something? Maybe she thought they'd dislike him for being an explorer?

In response to her panicking and fears, Deimos let off a soft chuckle before pushing up a certain new object upon his face, a pair of yellow rimmed glasses that Russel had managed to commission for his fellow expert scouts. "Tina, take a deep breath the exhale, just take a moment to relax and calm down if you need it. Take as much time as you need" He replied with a clear, much less tense smile than his companion's equivalent. "Even if we did head off down the pond, it's still inevitable that i'll be discovered from them. This form of mine isn't particularly built for stealth at ponds or in towns. It's more polite to meet them in person than sneak around behind their backs. First impressions are always important" He spoke while taking a seat, happy to give the Fox plenty of time to cool down.
Back to top Go down
Lumin

Lumin

PostSubject: Re: A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina)   A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina) EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 7:39 pm

With a small shiver as the much larger Pokemon sat down beside her, Tina tried to follow his advice by taking a deep, exaggerated breath that puffed out her chest and ballooned her cheeks briefly before letting it out slowly and loudly. Slumping forward as she emptied her lungs, the Fennekin snapped upright again, ears perked up and a twitchy smile still etched into her snout as she nodded stiffly in response to Deimos's perfectly rational argument.

She couldn't help herself, though. Just one little glance up at the dark-type, barely enough to register the glint of the morning sun in his eye, and then the butterfrees in her belly took over.

"Right... yeah. Of course," she stammered, gaze suddenly darting about as she began to ramble, "A-and I mean, it's not like they're speciest or anything. My mother's a Lopunny after all! So they would be totally okay with how ta... aaahhh-I mean talkative you are. I just... well, it's been a while since I left in.. such a hurry. I wasn't eager to stick around and I--well, they might be kind of mad? Soooo, maybe we could give 'em a while longer to cool down. And I could write a letter instead. Y-yeah, that'd work, right? We don't have to see them in person, ri...? Hah..."

Even as she struggled for another excuse, she couldn't help but be silenced by the look in his eyes when Tina dared to meet Deimos' warm, inviting gaze. He was so calm and collected where she was just a bundle of nerves ready to unravel at a moment's notice. That might well have been his most attractive feature. He was a her rock in the storm, a stoic force of strength and safety that seemed to have the magical ability to ease her mind. It was also incredibly stubborn in its rigidity, but this time, Tina didn't have the resolve to resist his unwitting charms.

Letting out a long, groaning sigh, like the Absol had been physically twisting her arm to get this, she huffed "Fffffiiiiiiiiine....!" in begrudging defeat.

Tina stared up at the sky briefly before dropping her gaze to the ground to take deep, calming breaths in earnest this time, focused on slowing her racing heartbeat. It only took a few seconds to return to a steady rhythm, but when she opened her eyes and raised her head to meet his again, she snorted at the expression he was making. "Don't look at me like that...! And... don't say I didn't warn you," she grumbled as she finally rose to her feet and started down the long, winding path that led deep into hills dotted with homes of all kinds.

It wouldn't be more than an hour's walk, but she desperately needed the time to collect herself, which was why she'd agreed to meeting outside Grassveil first. As she trotted along, Tina couldn't help but notice the new accessories Deimos had acquired since their last meeting, and now that she wasn't on the verge of hyperventilating, she found this new, librarian look quite adorable. Stiffling a giggle she asked, "So uhm... do they make you wear those at the library, or is it optional? Not that you look bad or anything, but, uh... they look good on you. Makes you look... dignified!"

Whew, that was close. It had taken everything she had to avoid saying 'smart' instead.

"And Daddy might even think you're smart--!" Tina blurted before biting her tongue a bit too late. Glancing back at the Absol with nervous blush, she struggled to correct herself, "I mean--you're not dumb, I wasn't trying to imply--Is-it-me-or-it-hot-out-today!?"

Turning away sharply, Tina continued to trot straight-legged, avoiding eye-contact for as long as she could, or at least until the embers crackling in her ears began to die down.
Back to top Go down
Blade12

Blade12

PostSubject: Re: A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina)   A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina) EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 9:03 pm

Deimos remained seated while waiting for the Fennekin to get her nerves out of her system, figuring it would be better not to rush the poor girl and result in an embarrassing meeting or anything of the sort. Though He didn't personally know why, perhaps due to those naughty little nerves that kept popping in and sucker punching her, his presence had always seemed to have a strong affect on her, from swooning one time, to getting strong emotions off her chest and everywhere in-between.

"I can understand that you're nervous about all this, Tina. Just take it slow if you have to, especially if you need to work up more courage for it. That's why we met out here right?" Deimos replied with a soft nod after the Fox's long sigh. Though she did put the offer out there during the original encounter in Shadowhue it was fairly clear that wasn't something she'd prepared for prior. Then again, taking up that offer out of the blue to help water flow under the bridge probably wasn't something she had been prepared for.

Letting off a soft chuckle in response to her warning, He rose back up to his feet and followed after Tina, making sure not to overtake her with his longer strides. She knew Grassveil better after all.

It didn't take long however for Tina to remark on his new glasses, drawing a soft chuckle out of the Absol as she complimented him on them before making a clear accidental remark. "They aren't mandatory no, but Russel managed to commission some and we wanted to try them out first. I appreciate the compliment" He replied, followed by a clear smile. He didn't want to push her too much into flustered territory, even if it could be amusing.
Back to top Go down
Lumin

Lumin

PostSubject: Re: A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina)   A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina) EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 12:18 am

Chuckling awkwardly alongside the Absol, Tina kept her head down and stared at the wide, frequently used dirt path as it began to branch off in different directions, towards homes nestled in cozy cavities or atop the biggest hills. The Fennekin certainly knew the way to her childhood home. Knew it like the back of her paw, in fact. Which was why it would be easy to lead Deimos on the longest walk she could manage, without it being obvious she was stalling, at least.

Eventually she'd have to take him to her home though, which meant eventually he'd be introduced to her parents, and then eventually she'd self-combust from the resulting embarrassment. Ultimately she was better off getting it over with, but in the meantime she desperately sought the distraction of small talk. Anything to take her mind off their immediate destination.

"So... uhm... I should probably fill you in a bit before we get there. Y'know, so you don't mess something up by accident, and ruin that uh... first impression of yours. For one, Daddy respects honesty and confidence, so... I'm sure that won't be hard for you," Tina attempted a laugh then, but it came out like a squeak, "Oh, ah--but don't make eye contact for too long or he'll give you the 'Glare'."

Just saying it made the Fennekin shiver as she walked, all the way down to her tail which flicked about wildly to shake the chill. "I swear these days he just abuses it," she muttered softly, but then sighed. "He means well, though. Daddy's just... really protective. Of--o-of me. Protective of me."

Though she could feel her nerves settling the longer they walked, Tina still couldn't lower the hackles of her shoulders, and the Fennekin new why.

"Be a good mate and Dad shouldn't be too bad, really. It's Mama I'm worried about. Hah..." Tina blushed brightly as she glanced up at Deimos keeping pace with her speedy little trot. You feeling nervous, yet? You're so hard to read, sometimes. If I were you, I'd losing my mind beneath that stony expression of yours if I had to meet her. She's... not terrible normally, but once she knows who you are, well... I'll take great pleasure in seeing your cheeks as crimson as mine."

This time Tina giggled more confidently, daring to pick up the pace a little.
Back to top Go down
Blade12

Blade12

PostSubject: Re: A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina)   A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina) EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 2:12 pm

It would be a lie to claim that Deimos was familiar with the more residential side of the town, having only ventured close on occasion after forest treks and the occasional stay at the nearby pond. If they were at the Rain-front region he might have caught on to that they weren't taking the most direct route, though in Grassveil? He had no such ability to call her out.

Quietly glancing back and forth at the homes and facilities they passed by upon their trek, He found himself feeling relatively relaxed. He'd always figured that towns and major settlements like Grassveil and Rain-front would be obnoxiously noisy compared to the serene and tranquil mountains he originally called his home. Perhaps it was just a quiet day in the town, but that assumption of constant noise and distractions was somewhat shattered.

Deimos snapped his head back towards Tina when she began speaking once more, recognizing quickly that the imminent information would be valuable. The Loppuny like's honesty and confidence and has a bad habit of paralyzing people with his glare. The following statement of him being quite protective most certainly matched up with his memory of when her parent's were first discussed. Exploring and adventuring isn't always a peaceful and safe time, that much is rather obvious. He couldn't blame them in the slightest if they disliked him purely on that basis.

Next came a reference to her mother, the Delphox in the relationship if memory served correctly. Catching on quickly to her involuntary nerves, Deimos paid close attention when she brought up the elder figure. Clear embarrassment from Tina, combined with her reckoning of being on the receiving end of crimson cheeks, Deimos let off a soft chuckle. With her mother put into perspective, the reason for Tina's nerves and fears finally clicked in his mind.

"So 'that' is why you're so worried... Okay i'll be honest, i might be a little nervous, just a bit. But... Well, i guess my bad habit of being difficult to read from my... well, my more emotionally distant period is surfacing again. Sorry about that, it's kind of involuntary at this point and i'm still trying to get better at making sure it doesn't happen." Deimos replied with total honesty. Perhaps seeing the parents immediately hadn't been such a good idea after all. Not catching on to the real reason the entire time made him feel... less than proud to put it mildly.

Intending to quickly get himself out of any mental funk and return his focus to the trip at hand, Deimos revealed a coy smile. "Once she finds out who i am, eh? What am i exactly then? Regardless, i'll try not to dissapoint" He remarked with a chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Lumin

Lumin

PostSubject: Re: A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina)   A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina) EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 7:04 pm

The Fennekin's confident swagger was short-lived and quick to be replaced with fresh anxiety as Tina jumped ahead and turned around in front of the Absol to stop him in his tracks. Eyeing the nearby homes and their resident Pokemon in the distance going about their business, the fire-type couldn't have looked more shifty and paranoid in her own home neighborhood. But then, Deimos was likely unaware of the glances he was getting even as they stood there now. Her fellow townsfolk knew well how to hide their desire for gossip, so Tina needed to be inconspicuous in her response to the Absol's coy query.

"O-okay, look... I... I haven't been entirely honest. About this. A-about me; and you. And our... Hooo.... deep breaths..." Tina tapped out briefly, trying to calm the fluttering in her chest as she inadvertently wound up making more of a scene than the statuesque Absol ever could. "I... Haven't told them about us yet," she finally confessed after several long exhales, "Like... at all. Nothing. Zip. I-in fact, they... hoo boy... they don't even know we're coming. See, I--I tried to write a letter, but--ugh... nothing sounded right. And I wasted a lot of paper on that; but how exactly does one tell their parents they've fallen for the 'Mon that saved their life...?"

Tina froze then and winced. With her back to Deimos she could at least hide the horror of blurting that out loud, but there was another revelation that struck her as well, one that was perhaps more dire. Turning just enough to look back at the dark-type and reveal as little of her guilty expression as possible, she further confessed, "S-speaking of that... rescue, I... maaaay have omitted a... lot of details?"

She tried to smile then, but it faltered as she lowered her gaze and hopped out of his path so they could continue their trek. The Fennekin still attempted to defend herself though.

"Look, if... if I'd told them everything, they--they would've locked me in my room forever and never let me outside again! Haah... or... until I'm 'older and less childish', according to Dad..." Tina ranted and grumbled as she scowled at the ground.
Back to top Go down
Blade12

Blade12

PostSubject: Re: A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina)   A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina) EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 8:49 pm

Deimos paused as his companion suddenly took a heel turn before him and refused to look him in the eye, drawing a moment of confusion from the ashen that was quickly washed away as she struggled to get her qualms off her chest. For one that just spoke about honesty being liked by her kin, her admission to not being entirely honest to them was met merely with sympathy. She'd mentioned in the past that even getting out to explore to begin with was a difficult war to fight and a hard fought one to win. Then the cult situation happened immediately and gave perfect reasoning for them to lock the fox away. He could understand that point of view.

Next came a confession about hiding many details of the rescue, a fairly understandable point of view from one that still wanted to travel and eventually join the guild. Everything lined up so far. "So don't speak in detail about all that. Got it. You don't need to try and justify all of this to me." He replied as he began advancing once more, doing his best not to accidentally overtake the Fennekin with his longer strides.

Protective parents are one thing, most certainly. He wouldn't have blamed his own if they tried to stop him from exploring after the... incident. "I couldn't blame them entirely, though i can't make any judgement on it considering personal... reasons. I should be enough of a distraction anyway that they won't bring it up" He remarked with a soft nod, before feeling the need to try and somewhat cheer the lass up.

"On the bright side... you finally managed to say 'it'. We're already making progress" He replied with a chuckle, aiming to lighten the moon.
Back to top Go down
Lumin

Lumin

PostSubject: Re: A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina)   A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina) EmptyWed Jul 01, 2020 2:53 pm

Though Tina certainly hoped Deimos was accurate in his assumption that his mere presence would be distraction enough for her parents, she had an unpleasant gut feeling that it would be anything but. As her significant other and the very hero who saved her from that cannibalistic cult of bugs, there was little doubt in the Fennekin's mind that her father would inevitably demand details. Just like he had the first time she ever mentioned a rescue, regarding the incident with the Staraptor. For now though, she chose not to undermine the Absol, or burst that bubble of confidence.

There was still a ways to walk, and in that time she could prepare the both of them a little more, but first, the fire-type had pressing curiosities of her own to address. Namely, the 'personal reasons' that often replaced the juicy details of any good story, which Deimos usually teased her with. And even now, he mused over her inability to utter their relationship status out loud. Of course, Tina knew he was just trying to make her smile, and invariably blush as well, but she knew how to play this particular game.

"Yeah, well... I'm still waiting to hear about that family of yours. I'm sure there's many tales to tell, right? Though, I'd settle for just one," she cooed sweetly, before suddenly and deftly side-stepping through the moving archway composed of the Absol's larger body.

The Fennekin was just small enough in relation to the dark-type that she passed easily underneath him without disturbing his gait, however the little fox's ears were at the perfect height to tickle the Absol's undercarriage as she switched sides and came into view again, still blushing but with a warm yet smug smile on her face.

"Or, uh... Are those 'reasons' of yours too 'personal' to share?" she concluded with a wink.
Back to top Go down
Blade12

Blade12

PostSubject: Re: A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina)   A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina) EmptyWed Jul 01, 2020 11:37 pm

Pausing for a moment as the Fennekin shifted the topic of discussion, naught but conflict proceeded to wrack the Dark type's mind. While yes, Tina most certainly was overdue some information on the other side's familial situation and relations, it hit somewhat of a sore spot. Many of the tales that immediately came to mind so happened to be prior to the 'Incident' that tore deeply at his emotional state so long ago.

Denying the Fox information once again under the guise of personal reasons had begun to feel inexcusable, especially when Tina had just battled through her nerves. Simultaneously however, Deimos figured that bringing up tales from before the 'Incident' would do little to improve his mood. Quite the contrary, he presumed discussing such a subject would only sour the mood at a time when having a good mindset and confidence were absolutely critical. It was a gamble that couldn't be taken.

"I owe you that much for certain, especially with our current situation in mind. However... At this precise moment i fear they may indeed be more personal than i'd like. I'm worried it would sour the mood. I'm not willing to take that risk at the moment" He replied with a Somber smile, before taking a long glance at the structure's ahead. It couldn't be far now, surely?

With that in mind, Deimos took a moment to clear his head, followed by a deep breath and exhalation to try and calm his nerves. "But... You mentioned having some time alone at the pond earlier when you were all nervous. I'd be willing to give you details then, if you're up for it. I just want to be in the best mindset i can for this meeting" He offered, swiftly regaining the smile he'd displayed prior.
Back to top Go down
Lumin

Lumin

PostSubject: Re: A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina)   A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina) EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 12:55 am

Tina's smile was quick to sink into a frown when she was met with yet another refusal, even despite her flirtation. It seemed the nature of his family history really was a sore subject for him. And though he did have a good point about holding off until later, it was still an excuse he'd used before to get out of telling her anything. The Fennekin wasn't going to just let it go, though.

"Well... it was worth a try," she lamented with an overly dramatic sigh and a wave of her big fluffy ears, "After we meet with my parents then. We'll go to the pond, and I'll hold you to your word this time."

With Deimos unwilling to converse, it wasn't easy to delay their journey much longer. She couldn't, however, let her anxieties rest until she was certain the Absol was on the same page as her. So as they reached the final leg of the trek, Tina slowed down so they could talk.

"Alright... we're getting close now, I just... Are you sure you got this? Like... you're not going to blurt something blunt and honest and embarrassing and cause some kind of humiliation cascade?" she asked nervously, staying in lock-step with Deimos as they strode along, "So say if Daddy asks you what you think we're 'gunna be doing'? Or--or if Ma gives you a look and says something about your height...?"

Just putting her fantastical, imagined scenarios to words was plenty to keep her blushing, but that didn't stop her from making direct eye-contact with the Absol, like her entire existence depended on the right answer.

"This is important," she said, holding the gaze as long as she could, but breaking away before she could continue, "I just... don't want you to think less of me."
Back to top Go down
Blade12

Blade12

PostSubject: Re: A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina)   A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina) EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 12:58 pm

The larger Quadruped nodded in response, doing his best not ruin the mood any further. He'd given her his word, one he had no intent on breaking. "I'm not in any rush at the moment so that's fine by me. I've held it back long enough." He spoke, holding back a heavy sigh.

His familial situation since the loss of his brother was still a very sore spot for the Ashen mon. His brother came first after all, having effectively been there for the vast majority of the Absol's life. That alone made it far more difficult to pinpoint times where he wasn't around or generally involved, what with the family having been rather close knit. Of the pair remaining, Deimos was most certainly the... Emotionally weaker of the two, so to speak. The mere thought of where he'd be now without his sister's support was Terrifying.

"I'll see if i can pull up any tales involving my Little Sister. Who knows, you two might get along" Deimos remarked with a soft chuckle, trying to draw his mind as far away from the darker side as possible. Sis'd rescued him once, falling back into that pit again would be nothing but failing her.

Slowing in tune with the Fox as she brought her pace to a crawl for a final topic, He took one final moment to let it all sink in. The Father scenario was very simple in his mind. They were just spending time together in a more peaceful environment than a dungeon, no different than how friends would hang out. The only difference was the stronger level of attachment the Fennekin possessed. He wouldn't have attempted anything even if he had received their blessing, As for the mother, Deimos let off a soft chuckle.

Having never encountered a Loppuny or Delphox in person before, making a judgement about their own sizes proved difficult so he couldn't retort with any comment there. As for his own size in comparison to the much, much smaller fox, that was an understandable concern, if an odd one in his eyes. Did one's own size matter than much when the Fennekin had a guaranteed way to grow?

Then came the kicker. Tina feared that the results of such an encounter could damage in his eyes, probably due to not being able to handle the parents and getting chased away, or something similar. To that, Deimos paused and let off a soft sigh. Taking a seat and carefully removing the new accessory he'd been trying, he quietly put it away into his bag. He didn't want them getting in the way.

"Knowing our luck i'd probably cause some embarrassment for you on accident regardless of how i perform. I'm well aware of that much. But i have no intent on deliberately agitating them or anything of the sort. Your father? I'd just be completely honest in that situation, i'd be spending time with someone in a peaceful setting, instead of in a dungeon, where most of our encounters have taken place. We aren't going to be doing anything, you have my word on that one" He spoke with a soft chuckle. Honesty was a strength and a curse at times. "As for your mother, Well, i'd just point out that you have the ability to grow larger in size through evolution where i don't. You have a very easy way of shortening that distance. And as for... your fears." He spoke, before turning and aiming to look right into the Fennekin's eyes with a soft gaze... "That's not going to happen, i can promise you that much. I've not left you when things have gotten rough before and i'm not going to start doing that now."
Back to top Go down
Lumin

Lumin

PostSubject: Re: A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina)   A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina) EmptyFri Jul 17, 2020 6:58 pm

When the Absol came to a stop to sit down, Tina continued forward a few steps and circled back to stand in front of him, head tilting as she watched him remove his spectacles and store them in his bag. The Fennekin hated to admit it, but she'd actually liked the new look, so she couldn't help but feel a twinge of disappointment as they were put away so that Deimos could directly and seriously address her concerns.

She listened most intently to his theoretical response to her father, but even though the Absol's answer was satisfactory, Tina found her cheeks warming as she lowered her ears and broke eye contact briefly to mumble, "Well, I mean... never say never... right?"

His answer to the fox's hypothetical mother was equally succinct and ear-warming in its subtle implications, but Tina knew there'd be follow-up questions and remarks that would, in ideal conditions, set her flesh ablaze with temperatures hot enough to send her on to another, less embarrassing plane of existence. Even now it took all her willpower to meet Deimos' eyes as he assured her with that familiar, caring gaze, that he'd never think less of her.

Despite herself, a tear started to form in her right eye then, and she had to look away to blink and hide it. His heart was undoubtedly in the right place, but as she stared at the ground intensely for a moment, she had to wonder if he fully understood her just now. Whether he did or not though, Tina couldn't bring herself to just outright confess that he wasn't the first 'mon she'd ever brought home to her parents. Unfortunately he'd find out one way or another, once they arrived.

Taking a deep breath to let out a long, soft sigh, Tina raised her head to meet Deimos' gaze briefly, flashing a small, half-hearted smile before stepping forward to brush up against the Absol affectionately. Turning around in the process, she began to continue leading the way forward as she looked back at him."It's not far now. Just over this hill and a little ways into the woods," she explained.

After that, the Fennekin remained silent and a few steps ahead of Deimos, as if trying to reach their destination first so that she might scout the area like it were a battlefield rather than her parent's humble abode. One thing was certain, she wasn't kidding when she said they were close. Now that Tina wasn't trying to prolong the journey, the remainder of the trip took less than a few minutes.

Once they'd cleared the last big hill, the trail leading to the cluster of trees where Tina's home lay hidden, was clear as the mid-day sun shining overhead. However, as the Fennekin neared the property, her anxiety returned in full effect. Ears quivering and twitching left and right, eyes darting about in search of movement. All before the small, stone-work hut with its thatch roof, and smoke-billowing chimney, even came into view. And as soon as she could see the round, wood-framed windows on either side of a big, inviting door, the fox almost seemed to duck down as if trying to blend into the scenery for a stealthy approach to her own home.

"There it is," Tina stated softly, with an inward wince, Home sweet home... I don't see daddy though... mom's probably inside cooking, but he'd usually be in the f--"

The heavy clatter of several big logs dropping to the ground behind the pair made Tina practically take flight when she jumped in surprise and spun around. It was less about the sound though, and more about the source, as a tall, wide-eyed Delphox stared down at his daughter some twenty feet away and, more importantly, the large Absol on her heels.

Jinn didn't even give Tina a chance to take in a breath with which to explain herself, before her father raised an arm sharply to psychically summon a three-pronged pitchfork from a nearby tool-shed. As he snatched the flailing farm-tool from the air, he shouted to his daughter, "Tina, look out! You're being followed!"

Wielding the pitchfork with considerable skill the Delphox leapt forward and jabbed the pointy tips at the Absol from a good five feet away, looking to be threatening without actually trying to attack. The gesture was, to say the least... humiliating to witness. Especially for Tina as she jumped in front of Deimos and scowled at Jinn.

"Daddy, stop it! He's not a bad-guy! You're embarrassing me!" she snapped.  "We're just here to visit, okay? So st--stop waving that thing around already!"

It took a few seconds for the words to register, but eventually Jinn's snarl softened and a look of innocent confusion replaced it. Wha... oh. A visit? Well why didn't you say so. Wait. Did you say he?" Suddenly looking suspicious of the Absol, the father took a step forward and leaned toward the dark-type with a scrutinizing eye. "And what brings you here, traveler? And what business have you with my daughter?"
Back to top Go down
Blade12

Blade12

PostSubject: Re: A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina)   A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina) EmptySat Jul 18, 2020 11:21 am

Nodding softly as the Fennekin took a last moment to compose herself for the likely embarrassment ahead, Deimos took a deep breath to help compose his mind for what lay ahead. Meeting the parents of a friend most certainly hadn't been an experience that the Absol had much experience with, despite his constant reassurance towards the Fennekin that it would be fine. Confident though he was, taking one last chance to clear his mind felt the most appropriate course of action, one that unfortunately resulted him missing the Fox's mumble, for better or ill. Knowing her luck, any reply on the topic would have made her explode with embarrassment.

"Just over the hill... Good to know. I do admit i'm not particularly familiar with Grassveil so this is a beneficial trip regardless." Deimos commented as he began to advance more more after the smaller quadruped. Upon reaching the peak of the final hill, Deimos took a quick glance around in an attempt to mentally map out the town for future reference, lacking the opportunity to draw out a map in the journal his boss so lovingly provided.

Upon having his fill of the lay of the land, he resumed his casual stroll with the Fennekin, catching up without much difficulty due to her nerves returning in full force as the pleasant looking abode came into full view. Though he couldn't claim it was nicer than the Copse, he could see the appeal of living within a town, even if they often proved too noisy for his tastes.

With Tina lowering herself to attempt a sneakier approach, Deimos let off a soft chuckle. ""Take as much time as you need to get your nerves down. We're not in a rus..." The Absol began to address the smaller Fox, before his survival instincts were triggered in full force. A call of panic towards the girl had been called out, drawing the Absol's full attention as a figure swiftly armed themselves and moved in to engage.

Going off of what prior knowledge the Absol had of Tina's family and the little knowledge he had on her evolutionary line, he reckoned that this must have been one of her parents, acting in defence of their child towards a larger beast metaphorically armed to the teeth with sharp claws, teeth and a horn that the Absol hated to admit was a strong weapon in its own right. Every instinct and fiber of the Ashen Pokemon's being demanded he counter with his Reactionary attack, Sucker punch. Instead however, Deimos gritted his teeth and stood his ground, fighting his reactionary instincts to keep his claws firmly on the ground and to face the incoming fork head on. Neither of the quadrupeds wanted a fight.

With a tri-pronged fork before his face, Deimos maintained a face of stone, refusing to flinch before her parents as the Fennekin admonished her Father after a swift leap in front of the Absol. The Fennekin taking a turn to guard the larger of the two drew a soft chuckle from Deimos.

"Solid reaction time... Good morning. Sorry for the shock my presence must have caused" Deimos spoke following the admonishment., carefully moving the trifecta of spikes away his face with one of his claws.

Refusing to flinch under the Delphox's scrutinizing gaze, Deimos lowered his paw after removing the spikes aimed towards his brow and bowed his head respectfully. "Precisely as Tina said. My name's Deimos, i'm a friend of Tina's. We've only ran into each-other prior during Dungeon explorations. Tina mentioned she lived in Grassveil when she was me and Yigo in Shadowhue once before and suggested taking us here on a visit. She just didn't want to tell you ahead of time because she was worried you'd come to the wrong conclusion and make her implode from embarrassment and i'm not particularly familiar with Grassveil, so she's been leading the way" Deimos explained, introducing himself and the reason's for his presence with the Fennekin swiftly and concisely.  It was unfortunate that Yigo didn't seem to around for the trip, but at the very least this would be a good trial run.
Back to top Go down
Lumin

Lumin

PostSubject: Re: A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina)   A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina) EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 1:52 am

Though the Absol's compliment and subsequent apology hadn't gone unnoticed, Jinn didn't back down immediately, holding his farm tool poised at the walking disaster and ready to strike. Only when Deimos moved to gingerly nudge it aside, did Tina's father finally retract the impromptu weapon--or rather, yank it back defensively. Though he took a step back, the Delphox remained in a battle stance as if he expected violence, right up until the moment that the Absol lowered his head in respect. Confused, and effectively disarmed by the gesture, the psychic-type's tension began to ease as Deimos explained himself.

Of course the protective Jinn wasn't so easily swayed by such a brief, summarized introduction. Especially where his daughter was concerned. Even still, he was convinced enough to lower his guard finally, much to Tina's relief, however even his acceptance of Deimos' presence was fraught with suspicion.

"Day Moss, is it?" The Delphox finally spoke, seeming to intentionally misspeak his name like he suspected it was a clever lie to hide his true identity, "So then, I guess that must make you the Silver Knight in Shining Armor that Tina was raving about?"

A sharp squeak escaped the Fennekin then, followed by the very audible and warm crackling of embers in her ears as Tina blushed brightly in embarrassment.

"You--! You... got..my..letter..?" the poor fox wheezed softly as she tried not to suffer an immediate panic attack, "But I--hah... I swear I forgot to put a stamp..."

Even as she struggled to comprehend, Jinn extracted the letter in question from a hidden pocket, holding up the envelope with a special seal, "Yes, well, about that. As a member of the Neighborhood WatchMon, letters to our address get special consideration."

R-right... I forgot about that," Tina pouted.

Being guilty of self-incrimination was bad enough, but with her father whipping out that letter on the spot, there was the danger of an even greater crime of conscience if she let the Delphox continue. And by the look in his eyes, Jinn was hellbent on reading her private thoughts aloud.

"I must say it was an interesting read, but... it's curious. Nowhere in here does it say anything about a Deimos, or an Absol, or even Shadowhue Forest. That my dear, is very worrying. And then to have to visit so suddenly out of the blue, well... I have to wonder if you've left things out of this little love letter of yours. I'll admit though, the language is very colorful, especially this part about his... captivating eyes..? 'Like twin crimson ponds, hiding a dark and mysterious past'--"

"Daddy!? I swear to Arceus if you say another word I'll never forgive you!" Tina suddenly exploded in an indignant rage that only a sheltered, immature teenager could muster.

So incensed was the Fennekin that her ears were aglow, but he didn't leave it there. Looking humiliated to her core, the quivering fox struggled to regain composure. With Deimos right behind her bearing witness, it was impossible not to feel embarrassed, but that had clearly been Jinn's intent from the start. He'd meant to put her on the spot, specifically to get her undivided attention.

"Is that so, my dear? Then perhaps the two of you would like to tell me the whole story. Perhaps over dinner, tonight; I'm certain your mother will be equally as interested in your tales of adventure!" Jinn was laying it on pretty thick, but he had every right after learning of the girl's misdeeds, and so soon after a surprise visit. Needless to say, he wasn't thoroughly impressed so far with Tina choice in partner either.

"Follow me, please," the Delphox instructed, releasing the pitchfork from his grasp so it could lazily float back to the shed.

Psychically summoning the fallen logs that he'd dropped back into his arms, Jinn proceeded to the cozy little cottage, wielding his burden like it weighed nothing. Meanwhile, Tina grudgingly followed behind, head lowered and looking defeated.

"Maybe this was a bad idea..." Tina bemoaned under her breath as she hung back far enough to converse with Deimos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina)   A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Fiery Family Reunion (feat. Deimos + Tina)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next