Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Town Life

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mada

Mada

Poké : 521

Town Life Empty
PostSubject: Town Life   Town Life EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 6:28 am

Alki was in the town center once more. Eating an apple again. Only a little while ago, I met Yooka in this very center, while eating an apple just like this one. She thought to herself. She still felt kind of skittish, and jumped whenever there was a loud noise. At least I can kind of get around without having a small panic attack. She sighed. That doesn't mean I like it. Or ever will...

She got up as she finished the apple. Everyone is so tall. She observed, yawning. And I'm so tired. She noticed a Whismur close by. Hm. I have been telling myself I should be more social... She thought to herself, giggling. Ever since she'd met Yooka, she'd felt a tad more confident in herself. She could handle at least one conversation by herself. She began to walk towards him, getting slower and slower with each step.I'm going to regret this. She thought to herself, but it was too late, she was already in front of him and he was so tall... It's too late to back out... So after a short, awkward pause, she spoke. "Hi, who are you?" She asked, and maintained an even expression, before she realized something. That was STUPID! She yelled at herself in her thoughts, and her cheeks burnt red in embarassment as she begun to fidget in front of the Whismur.

"T-That is, I-I'm an Igglybuff..." He can see that, stupid! More fidgets, and an even brighter red on her face. This went so much better in my head. "Er... y-y-you can see that, I-I'm Alki!" That's right! I'm supposed to introduce myself to people! ...I'm never doing this again. "Alki." She said, holding out a small, trembling hand for the Whismur to shake, her eyes shut tight, counting down the seconds until he spoke. What's he going to say? Oh... this was horrible...
Back to top Go down
Kitsune Empress

Kitsune Empress

Poké : 2380

Town Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town Life   Town Life EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 9:52 pm

The town of Grassveil was once again a bustling place, pokemon moving back and forth in a face pace to get jobs done, friends met, and deals done. The town square was definitely busier than usual, open stalls and excited pokemon chattering about recent events that only half confused the average passerby. There was probably no surprise about why so many pokemon were out and about, the day was sunny, the wind fair, and the temperature just right that any pokemon regardless of type can enjoy it.

One Pokemon who was enjoying said weather was a red fox pokemon with six curly tails wavings gently behind her. Her ears were perked and eyes gleamed with maturity and joy as she chatted with a slightly older pokemon. Said Pokemon was a Simipour, and clinging to her back was an especially tiny panpour sucking away on his thumb. As the two ladies chattered about recent dinner parties that was the highlight of the year, a male Shinx around the same age as the fox laid comfortably in the background. His eyes was closed as his tail wave lazily around his back paws, only half listening to what his beautiful current client and her equally beautiful friend were talking about.

“As always, I should have expected Samantha to throw such a fun little get together for her birthday. She truly knows how to appreciate the little details without overshadowing the big picture. I can learn something from this experience.” The vulpix said with a wistful smile, the water type chuckled lightly and pat the Lady on her back.

“Your parties are amazing as well Jasper, on their own level even. While Samantha has her own gift for get togethers, you are equally as good with your own style. I wouldn't mind seeing what the two of you can create together, your styles compliment each other’s well.”

Jasper hummed and cocked her head to the side, “That does sound like a fun idea, though i’m not entirely sure we would click as much as you think, My Friend.”

“Well I certainly think you should give it a chance, right Jojo?” she asked her son with a large smile. The panpour blinked in confusion at being acknowledged, but quickly nodded shyly. The Simipour laughed lightly, “See? Even little Jojo agrees with me.”

The vixen simply shook her head, “Alright then, I suppose I’ll give it a go. Someday.” She sent her friend a meaningful look, “Now then, isn't there something you should be doing? Like making sure your mate isn’t burning down your hut trying to bake for the kids all by his lonesome?”

A brief flash of horror passed through the monkey's face, before she tossed the Lady a quick smile. “Ah yes… I’ll have to continue our talked later then. Have a wonderful day Jasper.”

“Have a glorious rest of your day as well, Monica!” Jasper called to her friend as the Pokemon hurried to stop whatever disaster her clumsy mate could be making. Jasper settled back and let out a small sigh, though it was a content one.

The Shinx that has been lying quietly on the background finally peaked on of his yellow eyes open, a tiny smirk playing at his lips. “Well beautiful, seems like you finally finished up that conversation after an hour. I was starting to wonder when either of you would have lost your voices.”

The vixen regarded him calmly, “I enjoy having lengthy conversations with my friends. Don’t you Mr. Alexander?

The shinx chuckled lightly, “Well yes, I suppose so. You can just call me Zydius you know. Don't need all that formality.”

Jasper smiled at him as he stood up from the grass, “I apologize Mr. Alexander, that is simply the way I speak.” The Mercenary snorted at that as he walked up to her side.

“Yeah yeah, whatever you say Beautiful. You need to learn the standard tongue at some point.” Jasper hummed as they began to walk from the small building the ladies was chatting at.

“But I do speak the standard tongue Mr. Alexander, though I’m not to fond of speaking the Slang that some do. I simply sound ridiculous.”

Zydius rolled his eyes, "Didn't necessarily mean you should speak slang, you can just talk regular. Like me.”

The vixen giggled, “Perhaps someday.”
Back to top Go down
PurplePurgatory

PurplePurgatory

Poké : 120

Town Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town Life   Town Life EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 1:41 am

The Whismur was minding his own business in he centre of town, enjoying the sunlight and the rush of Pokémon around him. He opened his ears and let the noise wash over him. To be surrounded by living, breathing beings, it made him ecstatic. No more sitting alone and cast aside on the cold floor of his mothers house. This, was living. His eyes didn't linger on any one person too long, he picked up glances, flashes of fur and scales before switching his strange little eyes to someone else. Despite the joy at being amongst others, he felt something sour in the pit of his stomach. He was small and weak. Nobody noticed him, nobody saw. The Whismur squirmed slightly, trying to swallow down this neurosis and enjoy his day.

Something caught his attention, the noise of footsteps coming towards him. An Igglybuff, shambling hesitantly towards him. Her introduction was strange and clumsy, and she stumbled over her words. Polaris tried and failed to hold in his smile. He didn't care about her words, he was just grateful for the company.

The Whismur grabbed her tiny pink hand in his tiny purple one, shaking it with great enthusiam.
"Name's Polaris, it's a pleasure." He took a deep bow, letting his ears drag on the dusty ground. He found acting in a very exaggerated manner helped people laugh and pay attention to his antics. His mind no longer noticed any of the other conversations, as no other Pokémon appeared to get near him.
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

Town Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town Life   Town Life EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 5:47 pm

The Whismur grabbed Alki’s hand and shook it with gusto. A little too much, if you ask me… It caught Alki off guard, and she practically bounced up and down as the Whismur shook it. Alki shut her eyes even tighter, afraid. He was the excited kind of Pokemon, Alki had made a mistake in more ways than one...

“R-Right...” Alki said, fidgeting. She opened an eye a tiny bit, to see what was going on. The Whismur, Polaris, was… bowing to her? Why is he doing that? Alki turned to see if there was someone behind her, but no, there wasn’t. A Vulpix and a Shinx were talking a little while away, and Alki caught a few words of their conversation. A bit of banter, but nothing that seemed important or concerned Alki. She turned back to the Whismur, her eyes wide open now. “S-Sorry, m-my introduction was s-stupid...” She mumbled, kicking a few pebbles away from her, wanting to focus on something other than her stupidity and the Whismur's theatrics. “B-But why are you bowing?” His ears practically touched the ground... no, they did touch the ground. Is this how he acts? Oh... he's probably making fun of me. I really must've looked stupid. Alki whimpered a bit, hurt. Making fun of her? Why else would he be bowing...

Wait, I did the same thing when I came to this town for the first time, with Yooka. Alki suddenly remembered that whole exchange, not far from her. She hadn't been making fun of Yooka... The stall where she’d stolen an apple was within eyesight, that had also been where she'd met Yooka. Maybe the Whismur is new here too? Alki perked up a bit, looking up at the Whismur for the first time. Maybe he's just nervous? Like me...“I’ll b-be right back, uh, P-Polaris… uh… yeah.” She bounced off to the stall, taking a deep breath. She wanted to make him feel welcome, like Yooka had! She didn't want to be made fun of... She waited until the shop keeper had turned away from Alki’s general direction, and then nabbed a couple of apples, unseen. She bounced away towards the Whismur, fast, taking large strides. She didn't want him to leave. If he was like her at all, that would hurt him… Perhaps she was going too fast, for Alki landed awkwardly on one of her bounces and fell over, the apples tumbling as well. One of the apples she managed to save, but the other went rolling away, towards the Vulpix. Alki blushed and quickly picked herself up, bouncing up to Polaris, her head tilted down again. I'm stupid... “I-I got y-y-you an apple, i-if you want it...” She said, holding it up for him. Maybe he’ll like me, and I don’t want to ignore him… besides, it’s better to make friends than enemies. “S-Sorry...” She apologized, had he seen her fall? That must’ve been embarrassing. “I-I hope y-you like it...” She said, still not looking up at him.
Back to top Go down
Kitsune Empress

Kitsune Empress

Town Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town Life   Town Life EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 7:39 pm

The two continued their little lighthearted bantering, while enjoying the relative peace of the town. There was no troubles to weight down on the Lady, no longer was she stressing about any party plans. All of her preparations had been thoroughly taken care of early so that she won't have to go turning the forests upside down to find last minute ingredients and decor.  Yes, she's had quite enough of that in the recent years. Having time to herself to chat and meet up with friends is a breath of fresh air, though... Perhaps she should think about getting a head start on Thanksgiving preparations. It's been awhile since she could work on projects ahead of time.

For the Mercenary, his feelings where similar. Thanks to the low threat level of the town, he could weed out any Pokemon who might have unsavory feeling for his client much easier. Even if he appeared far more relaxed than one would expect of a bodyguard, the electric type was still on guard. Don't want any unexpected slip ups on his record, 'Mission failed due to client being kidnapped in town while Mercenary lounges unawares.' Arceus! His Mother would kill him if he goofed up like that.

The Shinx made a small grimace, Yeah, not gonna screw myself over like that. Not now not ever. Jasper glanced at him out the corner of her brown eyes, curious as to why her male companion stopped trying to outwit her for a second. That didn't last long however, since the female's gaze slid over to another interaction just a little ways away. She slowed in her walk slightly with a small smile.

"Well isn't that adorable?" She said with a smile, watching the silly little way the Whismur bowed in front of the visibly nervous Igglybuff. Both pokemon had excellent hearing, so the Vixen was able to here the interaction quite easily. Zydius turned his gaze over to the duo as well at his client's mentioning. He eyed both of the pokemon briefly, before snorting. "Whatever you say beautiful. Didn't take you for one to eavesdrop." That's my job after all.

Jasper glanced back at her guard,"Do you not think so? I think it's quite cute to see different youth introducing themselves so cutely." She didn't deny his claim about her eavesdropping, it was partially true after all.

Zydius chuckled, "The little one needs to learn how to not be so obvious when shoplifting, she just looks like she did something wrong." Jasper cocked her head back, "I don't approve of theft, but she could have used more tact. This is a crowded part of town after all."

"Maybe I can teach her a thing or two about being a good thief." Jasper huffed lightly, "I prefer if youth didn't have to learn how to steal, such a waste if they get caught."

"That's why they need to get good, so they won't get caught." He said smoothly, "If they're going to be a thief, they need to at least be good enough to at least run away successfully."

Jasper was going to say something to that, when something bumped into her foreleg. The fox looked down curious to see an apple lying at her feet, she could guess who it came from easily enough. "Yeah, diffidently needs work on running away, can't even keep the goods she stole without dropping them. Shameful." He said lightheartedly, mocking embarrassment from the Igglybuff's fail. "Oh hush you. The child will learn from her mistakes soon enough if she keeps blundering." She said as she watched the Igglybuff offer the apple she still had to the Whismur. She watched for a few more seconds before deciding her actions, the fox grabbed the stem of the apple with her teeth and walked over to the two youths, her guard following behind.

The vixen gracefully came to a stop beside the duo, eyeing the pink Pokemon with passive amusement. She set the apple on the ground and smiled at the two youths, "I believe this is yours? You should do well carry you belonging in a much tighter hold, My Love. Some pokemon would be happy to simply take it and leave." She chided lightly, her soft curled tails waving behind her slowly. The silver amethyst necklace dangled around her neck slightly from her movement. The slightly shorter male slid behind her to gaze coolly at the youths, a particular headdress wrapped around his head with a pin that had a unusual symbol on it. He smirked at them, but stood farther back than Lady Jasper.
Back to top Go down
PurplePurgatory

PurplePurgatory

Town Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town Life   Town Life EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 3:01 am

Polaris winced at the Igglybuff's reaction to his greeting. He wasn't able to even get a word out before she left in a hurry. He watched with a sinking feeling deep in his chest as she toddled off.

'Arceus, you're such a useless moron, who thought bowing of all things was a good idea!? Stupid, stupid STUPID!' he roared at himself, staring motionlessly into the distance. The Igglybuff hadn't left however, she stood at the apple stand, fidgeting with discomfort before snatching apples and running back. He watched with a poker face as she tripped, not entirely sure how to react to this entire situation. She returned back to him and held the apple out, offering it to her.
He'd reached a crossroads. On one hand, anything to do with stealing reminded him of his father and made him immensely uncomfortable. On the other, no one had done anything this nice for him that he could remember. He stared at the apple, shifting side to side on his tiny nub feet. Before he could make a move however, more Pokemon came up to them. They were fancily dressed, and looked pretty serious. Something about them really didn't sit right with Polaris. Were they listening to them? The Whismur took a small step back, tugging at his ears like he usually did when he was nervous.

"Thanks." he said to the Igglybuff under his breath.
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

Town Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town Life   Town Life EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 3:30 am

Alki nodded, wincing as what seemed like a cacophony of voices came all around her. The small, slow, tone of the Whismur's voice, a single word said under his breath. Thanks. Thanks... I did something wrong... and then, another, more sophisticated voice. My love? I don't even know her... Alki held her hands to her head, her eyes squeezed shut, trying to block out the voices but inevitably failing.

Once she realized that neither of them had left, and that Alki had messed up, leaving the Whismur alone, and she'd messed up when she tripped and dropped one of the apples... You're so stupid... she stared at the ground, trying not to cry as she nodded at the Vulpix, too ashamed to lie about it. "T-That's mine... I-I wanted to do something nice for P-Polaris here, b-but I c-can't do anything right..." She explained, her voice cracking as she realized just how badly she'd screwed up. "I couldn't afford the apple, s-so..." She left the sentence unfinished, she was sure everyone knew what she'd done. After all, I'm too stupid to even steal a single apple right... I'm going to get in trouble... This sophisticated Vulpix with the necklace is going to tell whoever's in charge here and I'm going to get in trouble and yelled at all because I'm too stupid and clumsy to hold the apples right...

She kicked the apple away, wanting nothing more than to disappear or fly away or run away or do something... but if she did that, she'd get in even more trouble, wouldn't she? "I-I'm sorry, Polaris..." She said, turning to look at him as she tried not to cry. What a huge mistake I made, I should be alone... I'm too useless to be with anyone. She turned up to look at the Vulpix. My love? She probably thinks I'm stupid, her friend too...

She glanced at him, a small ways away. He was wearing something weird... and he looked a bit off. She shook her head and looked up at the Vulpix "I-I'm going to be in trouble now, a-aren't I..." She said, small tears forming in her eyes. She didn't want to get yelled at, but then again, she knew she deserved it, and despite her efforts, she'd still made Polaris feel uncomfortable... Arceus, I'm so useless... She began to cry in earnest, as she sat down. "P-Please don't yell at me..." I don't think I'd be able to take it... She remembered how much her family and supposed friends had yelled at and mocked her, and how much it hurt. I just wanted to make him feel welcome... "I-I'm sorry..." She sobbed loudly.
Back to top Go down
Kitsune Empress

Kitsune Empress

Town Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town Life   Town Life EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 4:45 am

Jasper looked down on the two pokemom in front of her, her smile falling into a neutral from and her tails slowing in movement behind her. She listened to the youth talk patiently, waiting to hear her reasoning behind the unsavory action she committed. With Zydius as her constant shadow, she knew that her intimidation factor that was practically non-existent before has shot up significantly. Perhaps too much, she muses as she watched the youth break down into tears while trying to explain herself. Don’t get her wrong, she doesn’t approve of the Igglybuff’s actions, but the soft hearted Fox hated to see anyone cry, especially children.

Jasper sighed as she closed her eyes briefly, then she opened them again to look at the two pokemon. ”Dry your tears and listen closely now children, I do not approve of petty thievery, however I do understand that it is necessary for survival for some pokemon. If a pokemon is starving and needs food to live, then stealing food is an acceptable action as last resort. However, stealing food that other Pokemon might need for survival just to offer to somebody to make friends is not acceptable. You should never needlessly lower yourself to steal to gain another’s affection. In which case that pokemon is not somebody you should be making friends with.” she berated lightly, her matured voice is a calm yet stern tone.

”I am quite sure that Mr. Polaris would have accepted being your friend if you didn’t impulsively try to commit a crime. While giving him a gift would have been a nice gesture, stealing one because you don’t have a gift on paw is unacceptable and bad practice. You can be classified as a delinquent and have the guild and police force watching your every move. If you continue you will become an outlaw, to which you will no longer be allowed access to town and will be actively hunted down.

You are a young Pokemon, You have future ahead of you that you don’t want to destroy by impulsive crime.”
Jasper looked at the Igglybuff carefully, as Zydius watched the Whismer whilst retrieving the kicked apple. ”I will not report you for this, as it is mostly harmless offense, but do try not to make bad decisions like this again. Getting a friend is not worth ruining your future, and most Pokemon would not accept stolen goods with good conscious.”

Finished with her lecture, the fox stepped back and looked at them both, ”Grassveil is quite lenient about mostly innocent acts of misbehavior, but please take better care not to get caught by any of the sterner Pokemon. And if you must steal, at least make sure you know what you are doing. I will return these apples back to the stall now if you don’t want to keep your ‘spoils’.”

At this point, her Lynx guard pipped up, ”Just a little tip for ya, don’t freak out when somebody talks to you. Getting all nervous will help you make bad decisions. It's all about keeping calm head and talking it through.” Jasper sighed, ”Timely input as always, Mr.Alexander.” It was kinda hard to tell if she was being sarcastic or not. The Shinx shrugged, ”Just hope that Mr. Whismer over there believes in second chances.”[/color][/color]
Back to top Go down
PurplePurgatory

PurplePurgatory

Town Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town Life   Town Life EmptyWed Nov 16, 2016 4:51 am

Polaris stood nervously as the Igglybuff slowly broke down, and when she began to cry his chest tightened. The Whismur was used to relying on support, but was still unsure how to supply it. Still, this lady was in some sort of anguish, and he felt the need to help her, lest she leave him alone with the two uncomfortable strangers.

Hey uh... hey it's no worries. Ah... Really it's fine I forgive you!" he mumbled. Like most whismurs, he kept his voice down unless in dangerous situations. He hoped she didn't take that the wrong way, he knew first hand how every less than ideal reaction could send a Pokémon into a spiral of overthinking and self-doubt. Every time another kid at his old school didn't respond, or looked away, or mumbled, he felt like irredeemable scum. He tried to tell himself that people just needed space, but Arceus he sure didn't. When he was alone he felt like Dialga and Palkia both despised him and warped the fabric of spacetime just to make him miserable. He was glad to have a possible friend, especially one that might get what he was going through. He gently placed a stubby hand on the Igglybuff's back in support, not sure whether a hug would be welcome and reluctant to try lest he spook her further.

"I really appreciate the gesture. Apples are very nice! Really though, you seem beyond sweet and you didn't even need to give me a gift because I already wanted to be friends!
He smiled, but the expression fell as his eyes drifted over to the other Pokémon. Despite being reasonably common Pokémon, they both had an air of mystery that he didn't wholly like. They had all their honeyed words and soothing voice, but he thought he could hear what they truly meant, how this Vulpix and this Shinz thought they were just naughty children.

"Thank you for your help... Perhaps now you can get on your way?" he wondered, voice still soft but betraying the mixed emotions that he felt.
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

Town Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town Life   Town Life EmptyWed Nov 16, 2016 3:12 pm

Alki nodded as she listened to the Vulpix's words. They weren't as harsh or hurtful as she'd expected them to be, which was a welcome relief. But still, they were mad at her. The Vulpix and the Shinx. The Whismur she still didn't know about.

He begun to talk to her, saying he forgave her. His voice was awfully quiet, but then again, that was normal for his species, wasn't it? But I stole the apples, and I left him alone... Alki sat down, managing to slow down her crying, but a small, stifled sob still escaped. She jumped as somebody placed a hand on her back. Who did that? She asked herself, before realizing that it was just the Whismur that had done that, trying to be friendly.

He began to talk even more, in his soft, quiet voice. He didn't need a gift? Of course he did, nobody wants to be friends with me unless they stand to gain something from it. "Y-You're just saying that..." Nobody's ever thought of me as sweet. I'm not... I'm just annoying and clumsy and dumb, no one wants to be friends with me. Alki managed to stop crying, but she still felt upset, especially at herself. Whismur began to talk to the Vulpix and the Shinx, and she turned to face them as well. She'd talked about how I have a future ahead of me? She's wrong... Alki shook her head."I-I don't have a future, I'm u-useless and dumb and clumsy and both of you saw that... t-thank y-you for the help, ma'am... I d-didn't mean to cause trouble." She said, trembling, her eyes staring down at the Vulpix's feet. It hurt to say, but Alki knew she was right. Alki heard her stomach rumble, and she suddenly realized how hungry she was. She looked at the nearby apple, but shook her head. I don't deserve that. She didn't have any money either. She sat down, looking at the ground instead of the apple or the Vulpix or Polaris or anyone. All I am is trouble...
Back to top Go down
Kitsune Empress

Kitsune Empress

Town Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town Life   Town Life EmptyWed Nov 16, 2016 4:51 pm

Jasper sighed again as she listened to the unevolved pokemon before her, An attitude like that will lead her nowhere but rock bottom. She thought to herself, she could tell that her presence was a cause of discomfort to the children. But she won't leave just yet until she finished what she inevitably started, "Everyone has a future, whether it be living to have a family, becoming a explorer, or even just accomplishing self set goals, everyone has something waiting for them in the future. It may not seem like it, but there will always be something for you to do." she began, "Not having a visible future set in stone is a grand thing despite what some say. It allows you to forge your own path through life free of other's whims and convictions. It's natural for you to feel they way you do in the beginning, because everything always seems so hard to do when you've not had luck of an easy start."

Zydius wordlessly brushed the dirt of the stolen apples, eyeing the bruises that it obtained from the fall and kick. Honestly, he doubts that the vender will even want them back in this condition, who wants to but beaten up apples? Taking it back to him would be a waste of time, he decided, might as well let the kid keep it. He whacked the vixen's back leg lightly with his star tail, shaking his head very slightly. Jasper didn't directly acknowledge him, but got the message easily enough.

"Do something for me child, instead of thinking about what you are now, think about what you want to be instead and don't let what you are now scare you from changing. Have you tried to do any of the activities available in grassveil? Besides the guild, which accepts all manner of pokemon like yourself, we have festival work, volunteering, gardening, crafting, cooking, all manner of possible vocations. Most pokemon that travel here try to make it big through the guild, so there is a lot less competition for the other jobs. I'm sure if you pursue these, you will find something you enjoy, something that can make your future clearer. I can't force you to do any of these, but I can give tips, information, and contacts that will make things easier." She shifted over a little to let Zydius set the apple in front of the Igglybuff.

"Take it Sugar, at this point the vender wouldn't care about the missing apples. Beautiful here can cover the would be cost herself, so don't worry about having to pay that guy. Besides, that's the 4 time today that some of his apples got stolen, and he still hasn't noticed any of them where missing. I personal thinks he deserves it by now."

Jasper rubbed a paw against the bridge of her snout, "We've told him multiple times over the past month that he needs to watch his wares better, but he usually ignores us and gets quite...argumentative. I truly do wonder why he is in charge of that stand at times. Perhaps he does have some sort of skill to stay in business so long. I much rather find anything I need in dungeons, though they are considerably more dangerous." I was quite strange that a civilian like Jasper would venture out into dungeons by herself, but she has been doing so for a very long time. Though recently things have started to get more dangerous and the need for rare items has become strong. So in comes a bodyguard that can reliably protector her in dungeons if she isn't lucky enough to find others to travel with.

"Nevermind that, but I do suggest to use the safer dungeons to stock up on food and items. You can always use any extra items on the special crafting services available or sell it for quick money. Now if you would excuse me, I have to prepare for the upcoming festival. Arceus knows that I don't have enough resources to appease the children for 3 days straight. If you have any questions about Grassveil or anything else, please say it now."
Back to top Go down
PurplePurgatory

PurplePurgatory

Town Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town Life   Town Life EmptyThu Nov 17, 2016 1:44 am

The Whismur didn't know what to say. He believed that this was a good kid but she didn't seem to, and he found himself at a loss about how to convince her. Should he speak louder, with more conviction? He was slightly wary about yelling, as most Pokémon just found that annoying and Alki was already skittish enough. As it turned out, he didn't even need to say anything. The two mystery Pokémon had it covered. Their words were much clearer than he could ever make his own. They were soothing and assuring, and Polaris could feel his nervousness wane. Still, the Vulpix almost reminded him of his mother, which made his discomfort rise suddenly as he tugged his ears to keep calm. Though, whatever he thought about her, there was no denying she knew much more than he did about this town. He'd only been here a matter of days, and his experience was nothing like she'd described. He didn't know where anything was, and he had no money to his name, so he couldn't stock up on anything before going to the Guild. His attempts to woo the townspeople were laughed at. Too many strong Pokemon, they couldn't take a little dust bunny like him seriously. After so many defeats, he just sort of gave up, floated about, unsure of what to do and yet unable to return home.

The Whismur blanked out a little, but snapped back into focus when the Vulpix mentioned dungeons. He'd heard tales from schoolmates, sprawling labyrinths crawling with angry foes and unimaginable riches. He'd been dared to enter one, but if you were as weak as he was you had to be part of the guild. Going in there at his level was damn near suicide. But he was determined to join the guild and take one down.

"Hah," he laughed, "That easy town Stuff's not for me. I'm gonna join the guide and beat a dungeon, all by myself! I'm gonna help people and explore and become the most famous explorer alive!" He turned to the Igglybuff and winked.
"I'll be sure to get you lots of apples too. Though, perhaps you'll join up yourself?"

He hoped so. It would be amazing to have a friend already in the guide when he joined.
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

Town Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town Life   Town Life EmptyThu Nov 17, 2016 2:24 am

Alki took the apple hesitantly upon the Shinx's comment, and listened to what they had to say. Future? She didn't feel good at all about hers. Why should I believe things will go differently in the future? Things have been going horribly for me since day one. I always mess something up. She looked at the Whismur sideways, while nibbling on the apple, slowly at first, but beginning to eat it incredibly fast. I really am hungry... When he asked her if she wanted to be in the guild, Alki stopped to think for a moment.

Well, I did come here to do SOMETHING with myself, to get away from my parents and to make my own life... Alki began to nod, shyly and slowly, glancing at the Vulpix and staring down at her feet. She was silly. She'd just said she was too weak. She stopped nodding, slowly, and began to shake her head, no. "I-I'd l-like to, but I-I don't think I'm strong enough. Or good enough or smart enough..." She replayed the whole apple scene again in her head, again and again. "T-The guild wouldn't want someone like me… Y-You’re nice though Polaris. Y-You should join..."

She stared at the ground, where did they all get these ideas from? Yeah, she wanted to be part of the guild, but why did they think she could? She’d done nothing but trip and fall on her face and drop an apple she’d stolen. The Vulpix said it herself, she’d behave like a delinquent. I’m a delinquent. Why are they being so nice to me? “I should s-stick with the easy s-stuff. That’s all I can do...” She’d gotten away from the words of her family, but they were true after all. I can’t do anything right… today just proved that. “W-What’s the easiest job I could do, m-ma’am?” She asked, trying not to cry again, realizing the truth, that she wouldn’t be able to go with Polaris to the guild, although maybe she could still talk with him? It would certainly be nice to have someone who cared about her, at least a tiny bit.
Back to top Go down
Kitsune Empress

Kitsune Empress

Town Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town Life   Town Life EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 3:57 pm

“Well it seems that someone is knows exactly what they're running for, hopefully you will bring that fire with you to the guild and never let it die, My Dear.”

Zydius raised a non-existent eyebrow, “You seem to have missed when beautiful here said that the guild would love pokemon like you. The guild wants pokemon like you because they want to help pokemon grow stronger and build confidence in themselves. If you keep putting yourself down like that, you aren’t going to improve on your own. I’m sure if you go to Faye, she would just love you Sugar.” he spoke dryly, turning his head to the side slightly.

Jasper sighed softly, “Basic work around the town is simple, it’s a great foundation for building upon yourself and your skills. If you do a good job, then the pokemon here will be more inclined to trust you and offer you more jobs. If you do decide to join the guild after this, then you will surely be given more jobs and more chances to build yourself to your greatest level. Now, there are a magnitude of different jobs you can do, so pay attention closely now. One thing that you can do is volunteer at the upcoming festival, which has a few openings currently. We have The Street team, which is a group of pokemon who run around telling others about the festival and giving out little gift samples the help convince them to come play. Set up groups, where you and a few other pokemon go around hanging fliers, help put up stands, carry foodstuff and any items we may need to their destined place. You can also aid two stations that I know are lacking some workers, such as the Art station and the larger games section. Both of those will require you to appease many children, if you are up to that task. Another one that you can do is help with one of the ice cream stands, if you can handle the temptation of various unattainable ice cream.”

Zydius smirked, “The temptation of ice cream hold no candle to the way you tempt my heart into bursting every time you give me that beautiful smile of yours.” he flirted shamelessly, prompting the Vixen so once again sigh deeply. You can tell that she was really getting tired of his shit.

Anyways, “Please note that if you do good enough in any of the volunteer job, you can be paid for it! You’ll also have a better chance at getting an actually job if you have that experience behind you. Outside of festival work, I know that Mr.Tantam is looking for workers to help with his gardens. If you do good by him, he might let you start maning his stands in the marketplace or even let you go to other town’s markets. The Steamrise Inn is a very good place to do work at or to just visit on your own time, though it is in Rainfront. I know they have openings for waitresses, chefs, entertainers,bartenders, singers, lifeguard, and many more! Grassveil is fairly settled in business, but that Inn is new with a lot of opening. You should be sure to consider it, it’s sure to be a fun job!” The vixen shifted to the side and held one of her paws under her chin, “Though working for the guild can be a very good option for you if you want to get stronger and face others in combat.”

“Of course, you can always work for me I suppose. I am one of the Festival section heads and a Event planner for Grassveil, if you can work parties, gather items, or have a good eye for design, working for me would be great as well.” She offered with a smile.

“She could always work for my org,” The lady glared at the male, “Okay fine, but you know if she or the pink tike shows promise i’m snatching them up.”

“Please don’t, they aren’t fit for the jobs that you or your ‘Org’ do, Guild life is a better starter alternative for them than being a Mercenary.” The vulpix scowled beautifully. Zydius rolled his eyes in response.

“Whatever you say Beautiful.”
Back to top Go down
PurplePurgatory

PurplePurgatory

Town Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town Life   Town Life EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 5:57 am

Polaris listened quietly to the two of them talk, rocking back and forth on his nubby feet. He knew he should concentrate on their vital information, but their dry words made it hard for a kid like him to pay attention. Instead, with the dark cloud of loneliness lifted from his being, he took the town in in its entirety. Ears open he listened to the chatter of hundreds of voices, the thud of hundreds of steps, the beating of hundreds of hearts. He smelt the produce, the fresh baked goods, the deep smokiness of a fire type and the gentle aroma of a grass type. He saw the stalls, decked in cloth of vivid hues, selling all manner of merchandise. All the faces and the bodies that passed around him. The entire town thrummed with energy and he could feel it's pulse deep within him, making his heart soar. Beside him through it all was this Alki girl. Polaris decided he truest liked this girl, down to every bitter little fault. He felt connected through their anxiety and social awkwardness, he'd never related to anyone so strongly before. He liked the other two as well, though he did not know what to make of them.

The Whismur tuned back into the conversation to hear the Shinx try to flirt. He laughed aloud at this, far louder than he meant to, his joy overflowing. For a moment my afterwards he look horrified, ashamed, worried that this outburst had cost him any sort of care or respect from these Pokémon. He grasped at his ears and grit his teeth, trying his best to swallow his apprehension and pretend that he'd never even laughed at all.

"Oh well, that sounds pretty fun. I don't know what exactly I'd do but I'd be willing to try anything!"

He wanted to join the guild still, but the idea of a big party thrilled him. He had never gone to one before, and his body shivered with anticipation at the thought of participating in one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Town Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town Life   Town Life Empty

Back to top Go down

Town Life
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next