Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Move Clarification

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Badger
Record Checker
Badger

Poké : 205

Move Clarification Empty
PostSubject: Move Clarification   Move Clarification EmptyThu May 19, 2016 12:09 am

This is a list of every single Pokemon move—all 621 (Shadow moves obviously excluded). I've marked which ones I personally feel should be clarified and gave reasons for why I think so.

I mostly did this to help out the staff. I've seen a few people (but mostly myself) ask questions and bring up conversations in the CBox about how so and so move works, and so I felt a list should be made up in the Rules section—kind of like what already exists for Natural Feats and Energy restoration moves. So for the staff's convenience, I've compiled this list here to help them out. Do what you'd like with it.
Back to top Go down
Evana

Evana

Poké : 7570

Move Clarification Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move Clarification   Move Clarification EmptyThu May 19, 2016 2:29 am

I have taken a look at your list and I would like to give my input on it.

6. Pay Day: Although it would be nice, I don't think it would really be fair. Even if Pay Day would give money, it would end up having a limit on the use and you might maybe get 10 poke. Also, only an admin is able to administer poke and they would have to dig through threads just to see how often it is used. It would be a bit too much of a hassle, don't you think?

100. Teleport: Although I agree it should depend on the level of the Pokemon, we could work on some sort of calculation that has to do with the energy the Pokemon has, or something like that.

154. Fury Swipes: For multi damage moves, you could just chose how often it hits. You could do multiple slash attacks and punches after each other if you wanted to. This is an rp setting.

164. Substitute: I wouldn't say there would be a doll. There would be an exact copy of yourself there.

166. Sketch: How about we change the levels you can learn sketch a bit? You could literally copy any move with it after all. You can learn sketch like 10 times. Instead of every 10 levels, maybe learn them every 5 levels? Then you could learn sketch at level: 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, 26, 31, 36, 41 and 46. Would that be acceptable?

170. Mind Reader: Minds reader makes sure the next move you use hits. With a psychic or ghost type, they could maybe see the future or read the mind of the Pokemon. Other types could maybe be able to sense what the other Pokemon would do next.

248. Future Sight: This is a move that is used and then the move happens a few moments later. This is free to decide on, but if you want to have a long, interesting fight. You could decide to make it happen a few posts after you have used it.

365. Pluck: You could do this if you have rolled a berry. If you haven't, there won't be any berry for the other Pokemon to hold.

381. Lucky Chant: I don't see how there should be a limit on it. It is not like protect that fails after x amount of uses. But if you really need one, it only works on one Pokemon at a time?

477. Telekinesis: This is more complicated. Maybe have the weight of the enemy pokemon have an effect? The heavier, the less long it can be working?

I still want some sort of effects from weathers used by items/moves. I could try to help with those lists if needed. If there is anything else that comes to mind, you should let us know.
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

Poké : 4490

Move Clarification Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move Clarification   Move Clarification EmptyThu May 19, 2016 4:30 am

I had an idea about Transform. How about the Pokemon has Energy subtracted for each use? For example, a first evolution Pokemon takes away 1 Energy, a second evolution takes away 3, and a third evolution takes away 5. This could be a method to stop a Ditto (when I end up making one, spoiler alert) from becoming a god by always shifting to a different species.

Now as for the rules behind Transform. Seeing as only Ditto can use it, it's specifically for that Pokemon. If it copies a player's character, use the exact moveset and all that from that person's records. For a feral or NPC, have the Pokemon at the Ditto's current level and give it the last four moves up to the level it is at. Ability should be chosen by the user.

I know it looks a little bit complicated, but I need some feedback. Please don't be shy to help me out here! Badger, I'm just as confused as you are here. Sorry I wasn't much help to answering!
Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker
Badger

Poké : 205

Move Clarification Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move Clarification   Move Clarification EmptyThu May 19, 2016 5:54 am

Evana:
Fury Swipes was meant to be unmarked. The first version of this list was very nitpicky and was trying to make a more systematic game. When I switched motives, Fury Swipes should have been unmarked.

As for Lucky Chant, you're probably right. I was probably still using game logic on that one.

I like your suggestion for Sketch. I feel like every 5 is much more manageable. Sketch is such a concern for me because I intend to make a smeargle character at some point, and Sketch is smeargles only way to obtain moves—it cannot use TMs.

MCLikeANinja
I think that those suggested rules are a fine baseline for Transform, and that they're not too complex at all—if anything, they're just the perfect ammount of complexity. The Energy cost may need tweaking, or perhaps replaced with a different limiting mechanic all together, but the rest seems pretty fine to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Move Clarification Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move Clarification   Move Clarification Empty

Back to top Go down

Move Clarification
Page 1 of 1