Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Concerning Move Logic

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheRussBuss

TheRussBuss

Poké : 1950

Concerning Move Logic Empty
PostSubject: Concerning Move Logic   Concerning Move Logic EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 3:05 pm

I've read up on how certain moves work on other threads, but I just want to be certain. What logic are we using for all the moves (show logic, MD logic, etc.)? For example, in the show, Light Screen only affected the pokemon using the move, but in MD, the move effects everyone in the party. A similar example would be moves that take two turns. In the show I've seen pokemon use Solar Beam with little to no charging time at all. So would we follow that logic, or the normal 1 turn (1 post in RPs) delay found in other games (unless and item or IQ skill allows immediate use)?
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Move Logic   Concerning Move Logic EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 3:31 pm

Moves are generally given artistic freedom but still must follow normal laws of logic and effects from the trainer games. Light screen would surround everyone in the party since it affects the entire team. An example of liberties allowed would be using Ancient Power to manipulate the rocks into a crude sheild/platform Or use ember to set claws on fire and combine slash with ember to give Slash a burning effect.

An example that wouldnt be allowed would be using Bubble to reflect ice beam or use bubbles as a sheild. Another would be using switcheroo or trick to make astonein your characters hand appear suddenly lodged in the other characters throat with little to no struggle from them.
Back to top Go down
TheRussBuss

TheRussBuss

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Move Logic   Concerning Move Logic EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 4:08 pm

Gotcha, and thanks for the swift reply.

Just to clarify. If we follow the trainer games, that means that Protect and Endure would only work for one attack, rather than multiple before wearing off (MD), am I correct?
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Move Logic   Concerning Move Logic EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 5:28 pm

Yeah, though it could easily be dragged out for a few posts. I would intepret it as being shattered once it is struck by a powerful blow. It depends on what you want to occur for rp purposes so long As you're not abusing it. ^^
Back to top Go down
TheRussBuss

TheRussBuss

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Move Logic   Concerning Move Logic EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 1:21 am

Alright, thanks! And I won't abusee it, I'm far from being OP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Move Logic   Concerning Move Logic Empty

Back to top Go down

Concerning Move Logic
Page 1 of 1