Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Plotting with Bird

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

Poké : 12294

Plotting with Bird Empty
PostSubject: Plotting with Bird   Plotting with Bird EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 11:50 pm

I decided that I should give this a little rewrite so that it's not just about the introduction thread of Varda anymore. If you think the responses don't make sense anymore, that's why!

Varda is a small, happy Swablu and a part of an Exploration Team called Team Mystical. A bit slow, sure, but he is quite easy to be around with. He's willing to chat with strangers and help them out, so more or less any Pokémon should be able to have a thread with him without it becoming too awkward where both sides hate each other! I could see him working fine with almost any kind of plot idea, too. Even those random encounters where two Pokémon just meet, don't know each other and then try to figure out something together. Varda will stick around and find something to talk about, I'm sure.

I like to plot. If you like to plot too, this thread is a good place for it. Sometimes longer threads with actual pre-planned plot hooks hit the right spot, so I'm not afraid to do that at all. Just tell me what you got in mind and we can bounce the idea ball around, best plots tend to come when both/all of us work together! Speaking of which, how many people join a thread doesn't matter to me, I don't mind group threads – though do tell me if you want to have a posting order so we all know when to post. As he is a part of an Exploration Team, he could help your Pokémon with their missions, too.

You can contact me here or send me a PM, both work. I tend to try to post at least once every day, though time zones can kind of screw that over. I don't require you to post that fast or anything, though I wouldn't want to have to wait weeks for responses as that's what I kind of do on other sites and my fingers need to write, heh. Of course, if something comes up or you're not having any inspiration, you could tell me in case I can help.

You should check my signature for Varda's profile and character records. The profile is obviously going to start being very outdated at some point, but his history and personality might be interesting to read. His record will, of course, record any changes he might have had. The character records also will show you if I'm taking threads: as long as I have less than 5 ongoing threads, you're free to contact me and ask for a thread!

I hope we can have fun and play a lot together.

Last edited by Bird on Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:46 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
RougeBone

RougeBone

Poké : 5150

Plotting with Bird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plotting with Bird   Plotting with Bird EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 5:45 am

Hey Bird, I'd love to introduce my character at the same time as yours, I'm figuring that a good way is to have Rouge Bone stumble upon Varda in some mountains and go from there. just a thought that might work.
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

Plotting with Bird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plotting with Bird   Plotting with Bird EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 2:12 pm

Aah, afraid Riolu ended up being the faster and contacted me almost right away via PM, so I already got our thread started with him. And I really would like to get this thread done before I take any others. I would like to play with you eventually, though, but... I hope you don't have to wait too long.

I guess another alternative is that you would join our thread? If Riolu is fine with it and if you think Rouge Bone could come to Pecha Forest, of course. I would think that it might be better if you let me and Riolu play together for a couple of posts to get things established, but there would probably be a good spot for you to join there. You should PM Riolu and ask him if it's alright for you to join the thread too!

This is the thread in question. If you don't think it would work for you, you might also want to ask Riolu if he would like to have another game? He just quit a couple because people weren't posting, so he might enjoy your company. Just so you have some threads up so you don't have to wait for me to finish this one, if you would rather not join it.

In any case, we should definitely play later though. We could even plot a bit and figure out some cool things for them to do here, if you're bored?
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

Plotting with Bird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plotting with Bird   Plotting with Bird EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 11:25 pm

Oh, looks like this is going to be a double post... I hope it's okay, I would edit my previous one but I think I would like people to notice that I have actually posted some more stuff here? If it's not fine then I can edit it elsewhere, heh. Sorry for the inconvenience.

As Varda's introduction thread is more or less over, I should be taking more threads now. He's in Grassveil Town right now and there are a few opportunities. The ones before Varda joins an exploration team might be a bit boring as I don't see many opportunities for action (if that's your thing) and he just has one day in town before he is recruited according to this current timeline. His plan is to take a bath and find someone who isn't in the Guild to allow him to stay with them for the night. Taking a bath is probably a bit too boring for a game, but if there's anyone who would like to have him for the night, it could be fun at least? Especially if you have a talkative character, there could even be potential friendships formed. Or something.

And if you're nice to Varda, he might want to repay you. I thought it would be nice if the one offering him a place to stay asked for a little favor which could lead into another thread for him. You'd get something out of it - though it shouldn't be something too rare or difficult, heh. Varda is just starting out, after all.

After he joins a team though, there's probably more opportunities. But I would like to see if I could get a few pre-joining threads up before I start playing that one. As always, a message here or a PM would be nice. I don't bite and I'm willing to bounce ideas around.

Rouge, I noticed you managed to get a thread up with someone else already. If you ever happen to have your character come closer to Grassveil, we could still have a thread. But no rush.
Back to top Go down
LanceTheDragon

LanceTheDragon

Poké : 5000

Plotting with Bird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plotting with Bird   Plotting with Bird EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 10:13 pm

Bird, there's another Rper who's also joining the team. If you can't find a rp partner soon, it might be best to skip ahead to the day where Varda joins the guild.
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

Plotting with Bird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plotting with Bird   Plotting with Bird EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 10:58 pm

That's my plan, but it would be nice to get some games with other characters in between here. Not completely necessary of course, I do already have that thread with you planned for the future after all.
Back to top Go down

Plotting with Bird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plotting with Bird   Plotting with Bird EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 11:39 pm

So uh, do i have to post here or can i just join the thread?
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

Plotting with Bird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plotting with Bird   Plotting with Bird EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 11:45 pm

As I said, the thread we have with Penultimate is on hold as they aren't going to be here for a couple of weeks. Joining it right now would include a lot of waiting for you and obviously Penultimate also would get to have their say as to if they want others to join or if they would rather keep it a two player game. The thread is listed as "open" though, so I guess technically it might be open...

But I was wondering if you would want to have another thread with just me as Penultimate will be gone for a while? There would be less waiting as I am here, heh.
Back to top Go down

Plotting with Bird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plotting with Bird   Plotting with Bird EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 11:08 am

That's fine.
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

Plotting with Bird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plotting with Bird   Plotting with Bird EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 12:32 pm

Alright. I can write a starting post if you would like me to, but I would like you to tell me a couple of things before we can really get started. Where the Pokémon would meet would be a good idea to figure out first, heh. I think I would like to put Varda out there to look for more berries again, so something like Pecha Forest or Shadowhue Forest would be good for me. Do you have any preferences/ideas/reasons for Greg to go there? Would he like to stick around and help Varda if they met?

And if there's any plot hooks in particular you would like to play, just give me a holler. If you have any preferences for things like the weather or time of day too, this is a good time to let me know.
Back to top Go down

Plotting with Bird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plotting with Bird   Plotting with Bird EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 2:11 pm

Well last i thought, Greg was kinda lost in Pecha Forest. He took a wrong turn while heading towards the guild. Greg likes helping people, sure. No real plot hooks, and preferably a sunny day.
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

Plotting with Bird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plotting with Bird   Plotting with Bird EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 4:14 pm

Sounds good. I got our thread started, you can find it here. I hope it works for you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Plotting with Bird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plotting with Bird   Plotting with Bird Empty

Back to top Go down

Plotting with Bird
Page 1 of 1