Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Rinko Test Contest!

Go down 
+4
Kat
Dracorexion
pokepikoo
Solilo
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

Rinko Test Contest! Empty
PostSubject: Rinko Test Contest!   Rinko Test Contest! EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 1:44 am

So a lot of you have probably seen a bunch of us talking about 'Rinko' at some point or another. If you've asked what we're on about, you'll know it's a trainer rp site that some site members here are working on. No, it won't be open for a while, and no I don't think Acti is currently looking for anyone else to help out. However, I ended up being put in charge of writing out the co-ordinator and contest side of things somehow and I figured now I have an idea of how contests might work, I should try it out.

This is where you guys come in. We need you guys to be our metaphorical contest guinea pigs. Anyone who is interested in either participating in the test contest or judging for the contest, i'd love it if you could post here saying which! Depending on how many people are willing to take part, i'll do my best to host a contest with the added benefit of testing the systems that will hopefully be used on Rinko!

Anyhow if you are interested there's hell of a planning pad here you could read to try and understand the format we'll be testing here; http://titanpad.com/RinkoContests
Note that some of the stuff is irrelevant to doing a contest here as it is stuff that only occurs on the actual rinko site etc.

And again, if you are interested in participating, or even just judging, post here saying which so I can gauge how much interest there is and whether it's actually worth attempting. If you don't post here saying you wish to enter/judge you won't be able to do either one if the contest goes ahead so even if you're not sure it's worth posting. You can always pull out later if you decide it's too much work. As a side note, we'll probably be using randomised teams of Pokemon for the purposes of the test.
If you have any questions at all, ask them here too; they'll probably be equally as helpful to making this work! :3

SIGN-UPS NO LONGER BEING TAKEN.
Sorry ^-^'

Oooh and I think for the winner of this competition I might offer a half off coupon at the dojo |D
One last note. If the contest does go ahead, the theme of the contest will be chosen from these six;
Energetic
Colour
Wrathful
Mysterious
Bright
Ethereal

Current Stats
Participants           Judging  
pokepikoo
BlueKat12
Headphone Actor
Sakura
Savato
Solio
Dracorex
ares

Test Teams - Claimed: 1, 4, 6, 9, 10:

Last edited by Solilo on Sun May 04, 2014 12:25 pm; edited 19 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org
pokepikoo

pokepikoo

Poké : 2125

PostSubject: Re: Rinko Test Contest!   Rinko Test Contest! EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 2:07 am

I would like to help with this. I always loved the contest battles in the anime so this really interests me. Also, it gives me the opportunity to help out with rinko by helping to test it.

Last edited by pokepikoo on Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

Poké : 1760

PostSubject: Re: Rinko Test Contest!   Rinko Test Contest! EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 2:11 am

I shall judge you according to your DANDINESS! DO NOT MAKE ME DISAPPOINT, CONTESTANTS!
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

PostSubject: Re: Rinko Test Contest!   Rinko Test Contest! EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 2:45 am

*flings metaphorical guinea pig self onto table* aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I DEMAND A GOGOAT BUT I AM IN
Back to top Go down
Headphone Actor

Headphone Actor

Poké : 5240

PostSubject: Re: Rinko Test Contest!   Rinko Test Contest! EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 3:42 am

Roll me up a team, I'm ready to coordinate!
Back to top Go down
ares

ares

Poké : 19413

PostSubject: Re: Rinko Test Contest!   Rinko Test Contest! EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 7:14 am

I'm torn between participating and judging, but prefer the latter! Every judging panel needs at least three people!
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

Poké : 780

PostSubject: Re: Rinko Test Contest!   Rinko Test Contest! EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 6:13 pm

Um, may I participate? This sounds like alot of fun, although if it's closed I'm sorry about this.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

Poké : 380

PostSubject: Re: Rinko Test Contest!   Rinko Test Contest! EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 7:10 pm

If there are any empty spots after everyone else has taken their desired place, I am willing to do whatever is needed.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: Rinko Test Contest!   Rinko Test Contest! EmptySat May 03, 2014 7:02 pm

Okay since there is no more interest in this so far I figure we should just get this show on the road.
There are (or will be once I edit them in) a total of 10 randomised teams for you to choose from. You are allowed to choose only one team each and when you choose one, you need to post here telling me which team you have picked and pick a six move moveset for each of them.

Rules for Movesets
For the purposes of the test there will be some restrictions on the movesets your pokemon can have.
  • Even if it doesn't seem feasibly possible, your Pokemon will all only be able to have moves learned up to level 30. (Scuse discrepancies like Volcarona's high evolution stage etc. It's just a test and wouldn't happen that way in RP but yea |D)
  • You can have one Egg Move and one TM or Move Tutor move included in that moveset if you so wish. you cannot have a TM move and a tutor move, but you can have an egg move alongside a tm/tutor move.

As an optional addition, you may also detail one seal to be used on each pokemon should you use them in the appeals round.

Anywhoo if you have any questions, ask away. This probably seems and feels more complicated because more stuff has to be organised because you're not doing this in the actual context of the site. Things would most definitely be easier when happening on rinko. Nevertheless, I shall get to posting those teams.

Also a final note. If someone has already claimed a team you cannot also claim it. Sorry peeps but it's first come first serve. There are 5 spares though so you'll always have some to choose from ^-^
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

PostSubject: Re: Rinko Test Contest!   Rinko Test Contest! EmptySat May 03, 2014 7:10 pm

10 claimed

Team:
Complete!

Last edited by BlueKat12 on Sat May 03, 2014 8:37 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Headphone Actor

Headphone Actor

Poké : 5240

PostSubject: Re: Rinko Test Contest!   Rinko Test Contest! EmptySat May 03, 2014 7:10 pm

Team 4 please!
Spoiler:

Last edited by Headphone Actor on Sun May 04, 2014 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

Poké : 780

PostSubject: Re: Rinko Test Contest!   Rinko Test Contest! EmptySat May 03, 2014 7:11 pm

Team 1:

Last edited by Sakura on Sun May 04, 2014 7:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
pokepikoo

pokepikoo

Poké : 2125

PostSubject: Re: Rinko Test Contest!   Rinko Test Contest! EmptySat May 03, 2014 7:16 pm

Team 6 Please.

Movesets:

Roserade:
-Poison Sting (Level 7)
-Magical Leaf (Level 19)
-Dazzling Gleam (TM)
-Growth (Level 4)
-Grassy Terrain (Start)
-Sweet Scent (Start)

Furret:
-Quick Attack (Level 7)
-Defense Curl (Level 4)
-Iron Tail (Egg)
-Shadow Ball (TM)
-Fury Swipes (Level 13)
-Helping Hand( Level 17)

Liepard:
-Fake Out (Level 22)
-Encore (Egg)
-Torment (Level 19)
-Fury Swipes (Level 12)
-Shadow Claw (TM)
-Hone Claws (Level 26)

Espurr:
-Leer (Start)
-Confusion (Level 9)
-Psyshock (Level 25)
-Disarming Voice (Level 22)
-Thunderbolt (TM)
-Barrier (Egg)

Graveler:
-Rollout (Level 11)
-Rock Blast (Level 22)
-Hammer Arm (Egg)
-Fire Blast (TM)
-Magnitude (Level 15)
-Defense Curl (Start)

Binacle:
-Shell Smash (Start)
-Water Gun (Level 4)
-Ancient Power (Level 28)
-Blizzard (TM)
-Rock Polish (Level 24)
-Slash (Level 13)

Last edited by pokepikoo on Sat May 03, 2014 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

Poké : 380

PostSubject: Re: Rinko Test Contest!   Rinko Test Contest! EmptySat May 03, 2014 8:27 pm

Sav's Moveset:

Heliolisk:
-Rain Dance (TM)
-Quick Attack (Start)
-Parabolic Charge (Start)
-Electric Terrain (Egg)
-Electrify (Start)
-Thunder (Start)

Seadra:
-Twister (Lvl. 26)
-Bubblebeam (Lvl. 18)
-Aurora Beam (Egg)
-Flash Cannon (TM)
-Water Gun (Start)
-Smokescreen (Start)

Seviper:
-Venoshock (Lvl. 20)
-Venom Drench (Lvl. 28)
-Sunny Day (TM)
-Screech (Lvl. 17)
-Poison Tail (Lvl. 12)
-Swagger (Start)

Dusknoir:
-Ominous Wind (Egg)
-Shadow Sneak (Lvl. 22)
-Double Team (TM)
-Night Shade (Start)
-Confuse Ray (Lvl. 17)
-Fire Punch (Start)

Bayleef:
-Magical Leaf (Lvl. 22)
-Reflect (Lvl. 18)
-Energy Ball (TM)
-Leaf Storm (Egg, Gen. IV)
-Tackle (Start)
-Poison Powder (Start)

Munna:
-Moonlight (Lvl. 17)
-Psybeam (Lvl. 11)
-Psywave (Start)
-Zen Headbutt (Lvl. 23)
-Dazzling Gleam (TM)
-Sonic Boom (Egg)

Last edited by Savato on Sun May 04, 2014 7:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: Rinko Test Contest!   Rinko Test Contest! EmptySun May 04, 2014 12:31 pm

I have one problem with the movesets so far and that's with Saku's Baltoy. It knows the move Charge Beam which is a TM taught move and Drill Run is a Move Tutor tutor move from a previous generation meaning it shouldn't know both as only one tutor/tm move can be taught per pokemon for the purposes of this test. Please fix that if you can ^-^'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rinko Test Contest!   Rinko Test Contest! Empty

Back to top Go down

Rinko Test Contest!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next