Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

The Raging Beast Within

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

The Raging Beast Within - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: The Raging Beast Within   The Raging Beast Within - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 9:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

It was a quiet afternoon and Violet was sat on a tree stump in a corner of her dojo's sandy training room as she awaited the gyarados who had requested her next scheduled session. She was doing some last minute reading, flicking through the old and worn pages of a book as she attempted to brush up on techniques that would help one to channel their rage into a controllable attack. She hadn't taught the move Outrage before, though she knew almost everything about it, so this would be a first for her. However, she knew how dangerous it was to try and teach rage and anger based moves, and so wanted to make sure that she had every little scrap of knowledge available to her, lest something go wrong...
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org

AuthorMessage
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

PostSubject: Re: The Raging Beast Within   The Raging Beast Within - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 12:56 am

The gyarados simply stared clueless and helplessly at the oshawott. He didn't even remember what it felt like to USE the move. What other emotion could be powerful enough to induce the same effect as rage? Fear perhaps? How would he become fearful enough to use it when he was one of the scariest things out there? The gyarados looked around sheepishly, having an idea but not willing to speak it since he felt it to be stupid and useless given his sheer size and appearance. He eventually forced himself though, "fear?" he murmured as if he weren't too sure himself.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: The Raging Beast Within   The Raging Beast Within - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 5:28 pm

Violet stood in thought for a short moment at the Gyarados' suggestions before she nodded, "Fear actually might be a good one. A very powerful emotion in the right circumstance," she commented. Another pause before she looked up at him and asked, "Do you have any ideas as to how you'd utilise fear to execute your new move? After all I don't know the inner recesses of your personality or thoughts. There's only so much i can teach you."
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: The Raging Beast Within   The Raging Beast Within - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 9:44 pm

'Well this is helpful..' The Red Gyarados thought sarcastically, he kept his thoughts to himself and simply shook his head sadly, "I am unsure of what you're talking about...how do you use emotions to fight? I'm afraid I don't understand..." The gyarados was truly disappointed with himself. For all he knew, fighting using emotions was a basic thing, he simply gave it all he had in a fight. If he couldn't use the move by giving it all he had, how would he be able to use it all? How did he use it in the first place anyways?
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: The Raging Beast Within   The Raging Beast Within - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 11:56 am

"Ah sorry. Some moves need you to be in a state of heightened emotion in order to utilise them to their fullest potential; Outrage is one such move. When used in a quiet and tranquil state Outrage might not be as successfully utilised because it is a move generally powered by anger and rage. Thus, one needs to train themselves to be able to instead use a similar emotion so that they do not lose control of themselves in the midst of a battle as you nearly did when using the move a few minutes ago," she replied, trying to explain the concept to the red Gyarados, "Either that, or you need to train yourself to be able to slip in and out of a state of rage when necessary and not let it control you to the extent that you are blinded by it and could accidentally attack allies as well as opponents. The second option takes longer, but would probably be more successful in the long run if you would prefer to try that."
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: The Raging Beast Within   The Raging Beast Within - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 7:10 am

"Erm...I guess the second one seems a bit more useful since I can't really control when I have a high emotion...I'm not much of an "anger-driven" gyarados, but I guess this is the only way."
The gyarados just hoped others wouldn't think of him like his siblings, who were usually driven by rage at every little thing. He heard that sometimes they were angry just to be angry. Why did he have to descend from a species known for its stupidity then a species known for its wrath? Proteus shoved the wonder out of his mind, there was no way to control it, and definitely no reason to pity himself.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: The Raging Beast Within   The Raging Beast Within - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 2:33 am

Violet blinked before replying with a short, "Okay," and pausing to think once more. Where would she begin with this? Usually a client would have something that could cause them to become angry... maybe Proteus had a memory or something.
Glancing up at the red Gyarados, she spoke again, "Is there anything that makes you feel angry when you think about it?" she asked, "A memory? A certain pokemon?"
This was as good a starting point as any. Everyone had something that made them feel angry, even if it was only in a subtle sense of the word. Identifying what could make Proteus angry was a step that would likely take more than a while to accomplish, judging by his unusually calm temperament.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: The Raging Beast Within   The Raging Beast Within - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 4:01 am

"N-Not that I can recall right now...I-I guess it kinda does when others of my kind rampage about and destroy things for no reason..." the Gyarados was becoming a bit nervous about his inability to answer. He must have been frustrating the Oshawott by now, and he wished he could help it. The gyarados may have been a big strong pokemon, but a move like this required anger, and if he could control it, it would make protecting his allies a lot easier.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: The Raging Beast Within   The Raging Beast Within - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 1:21 am

"Hmm... Perhaps try thinking about that then?" replied the Oshawott, "I can understand why that might make someone angry, after all destroying something for no reason is just a waste of time and resources," she commented. She had to say despite it being such an inconvenience for the specific move the Gyarados wished to learn, she was impressed with his resilience. He didn't want to be like his brethren, rampaging just because it was in their nature and expected of them to do so. She had to admire that in a way.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: The Raging Beast Within   The Raging Beast Within - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 11:25 pm

Proteus nodded, and began to think. He thought of the blue gyarados of the ocean, rampaging and destroying the homes and lives of other pokemon. They would crush the coral reefs, they would attack anything they spotted, they would leave the victims of their attacks alone to be taken by another hungry predator. They would even come onto land sometimes so they could wreck havoc on the continents. It infuriated him, but the hesitation of being angry remained. Luckily, he began to glow a light purple, the power of the dragon type. It was not anywhere near as bright and thick as it was when he was rampaging, but it was there none the less.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: The Raging Beast Within   The Raging Beast Within - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 10:20 pm

"It's okay to be angry, you know," commented Violet with a small smile as even now the Gyarados seemed to struggle with his wish to not be like the rest of his species.
"If you're angry for a good reason, like protecting someone you love, or defending something you truly believe in, then no one will fault you for it and you shouldn't consider yourself a bad person because of it," she added. The Oshawott paused, glancing up at the sky for a second before looking back to the red Gyarados.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: The Raging Beast Within   The Raging Beast Within - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 12:11 am

The gyarados seemed a bit hesitant, but decided to go with what the oshawott said. He allowed his anger to take him a bit more, but not like the uncontrollable rage that had occurred not too long ago. He closed his eyes and allowed his rage to build and build, when he opened them he was surrounded in a purple mist, as he was charged with an Outrage attack. He would just need something attack, and he would be able to use the dangerous move.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: The Raging Beast Within   The Raging Beast Within - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 11:27 am

"Try attacking that rock over there," Violet suggested, pointing with her pale white paw. She had watched as the Gyarados tried to channel the anger he felt into the move, the purple mist surrounding him as it had before. This time however it seemed that Proteus had a much better grasp on how to control it. With a small smile, Violet relased that Proteus's aversion to raging like his ancestors might make the move that much easier to work with, especially if he wanted to learn to tutor it to others like he had requested.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: The Raging Beast Within   The Raging Beast Within - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 1:06 am

The gyarados moved swiftly, due to his movement being slightly fueled by his anger along with the attack, as he sent a pulse of water towards the boulder. The pulse seemed thicker and steadier than the gyarados's normal attacks as it blasted towards the rock and smashed into it. The rock was blown from its footing in the ground and cracked slightly as it was forced a few feet away. Proteus watched the rock fly with curiosity. This didn't seem like the damage he had caused when he was out of control, but he wasn't certain if he WANTED to ever do that kind of damage again.
"So...I guess i'm getting it?"
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: The Raging Beast Within   The Raging Beast Within - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 2:36 am

The Oshawott nodded with a warm smile, "Yep! That was much better than before," she commented, pausing for a short moment before continuing.
"If anything I think the fact that you do not wish to do immeasurable damage to your enemies with such a move aids your ability to wield it. If you understand that you need not lose control in order to harness it's power, that you just need to use your anger as it's fuel, you'll go a long way," she finished with another small smile.
"If you are happy with your ability to control Outrage.... then I will let you go away and practice with it before you come back for the test that you'll need to pass in order to become a tutor of the move," Violet explained, "I mean you can use the dojo training grounds to practice if you want, you only need to ask. Or you can practice on the job, it's up to you."
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: The Raging Beast Within   The Raging Beast Within - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 12:46 am

"Erm, I think it'd be best for me to go, I should be good now since I don't go crazy like I seemed to have done earlier..." Proteus spoke, looking at the devastation he had left behind with the strange and yet powerful attack. He looked to the oshawott and gave a smile, "Er, thanks for helping me out."
He waited, wondering if the oshawott would show him out or if it was merely waiting for him to just leave. He figured that the oshawott would also have some kind of last minute advice or some kind of wish for good luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Raging Beast Within   The Raging Beast Within - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Raging Beast Within
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4