Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

[Artist's Corner] Pokémon of the Week (5th - 11th August 2013)

Go down 
+2
Kat
Solilo
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

[Artist's Corner] Pokémon of the Week (5th - 11th August 2013)  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: [Artist's Corner] Pokémon of the Week (5th - 11th August 2013)    [Artist's Corner] Pokémon of the Week (5th - 11th August 2013)  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 4:32 am

First topic message reminder :

-Pokémon of the Week Contest-

Hello there and welcome to the Artist's Corner and the Pokémon of the Week contest!

As you probably know before clicking this thread, the Pokémon of the Week contest is an art competition where each week a specific Pokémon is selected. Artists are challenged to draw the selected Pokémon in whichever method they prefer, traditionally or digitally, for a 300 poké prize!

The rules for PotW can be found Here

Entries
Monday to Saturday
Judging
Sunday

The Pokémon of the Week this week is;
Bulbasaur!
[Artist's Corner] Pokémon of the Week (5th - 11th August 2013)  - Page 2 001

This Week's Judges Are;

• MexterInfinite*, who prefers to keep his preferences secret.
  • Xeryd*, who prefers a picture to be neat and cute.
  • Sakura, who likes pictures to be cute.
  • Savato, who does not have any specific preferences.
  • JeffMandM, who looks for consistent shading, decent perspective sizing (as in where you size something far away to be really small) and good use of space.

Please remember to PM all entries to me. Entries will be edited into this second post of this thread in groups every two days. Feel free to discuss the current entries but note that they may be subject to change depending on whether the artist feels the need to change something about their drawing, or withdraw from the contest altogether.

This week's participation prize is a Stun Seed and will be received after this weeks judging has been completed.

Bans
Jikumo - Banned from judging for two weeks.

Restricted
SereneLittleRose - Cannot enter, winner last week.

Last edited by SereneLittleRose on Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:49 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: [Artist's Corner] Pokémon of the Week (5th - 11th August 2013)    [Artist's Corner] Pokémon of the Week (5th - 11th August 2013)  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 7:03 am

Of course, I like them all. Though some of them are kind of well not neat, sorry to say....
But the same as what MexterInfinite said. I like both entry 6 and 5.
To me the 5th entry is well... cute and I do think it's kind of pretty. I guess I'll have to choose this one though. So well that's it ^^
Sorry if it wasn't much :3

Last edited by Xeryd on Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

Poké : 780

PostSubject: Re: [Artist's Corner] Pokémon of the Week (5th - 11th August 2013)    [Artist's Corner] Pokémon of the Week (5th - 11th August 2013)  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 7:15 am

Welp I'll try my best to judge to my full ability! I'm sorry if I hurt anyone with my thoughts ;n; And here it is~

Entry 1: I honestly don't know. It's cute. But something about it....seems off. I mean maybe it's because of the hands or something. But honestly I don't know about it. It's cute...but something seems wrong. Sorry :|

Entry 2: Triforces? GO BACK TO YOUR OWN GAME LINK! All jokes aside it's really good. There is shading, the perspective is there, the background is a bit to faded out in comparison to the Bulbasaur, and even though it's not cute, it's really good! So *enters into top three*

Entry 3: Hey lots of natural background! |D For some weird reason I think I know who it is, but without any bias here is my uttermost thoughts. It's not that great. I may be really blunt about it, but it's not really good, nor is it bad. There is no shading on the Bulbasaur, and it looks a bit lopsided, the nest (It's a nest right O.o) looks kind of lazily done. So sorry about writing this about your drawings.....

Entry 4: ...
I don't want to review this.
I don't want to destroy someone's dreams.
I'll just put this one thing. And it might hurt worse than any paragraph that I may write.
It's worse than entry 3.

I'm so so so so so sorry.

Entry 5: Oh my goodness.
It's.
So.
CUUUUUTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEE *Sqees in a corner*
So anyways.
Good shading, it's like a sticker which is neat :3, CAN I HAVE A STICKER LIKE THAT? and the background, though at first seems kind of slightly boring, is very nice on the eyes! So yeah top three. K bye.

Entry 6: Wow already on the last one? |D It's a Pika! Bringing you flowers since evolution and Charles Darwin! both pratical and cute, and really well done for being in gray scale. I mean the shading is done perfectly, and correct me if I'm wrong, it seems that the person used water color to color it in.
DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD THAT IS?
DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD THAT IS?
So anyways absolutely top three! (Note: This seems almost random, but I saw the signature and it says Soph. So I believe I know who the person is |D Just saying.)

So that's  it :D I'm sososososososo sorry if I wrote bad stuff about your drawing ;n; *goes and cries in a corner*  I'm probably going to be the only one to do this this time around /hit alright then bye.

Last edited by Sakura on Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: [Artist's Corner] Pokémon of the Week (5th - 11th August 2013)    [Artist's Corner] Pokémon of the Week (5th - 11th August 2013)  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 7:18 am

Actually Saku they look more like copic markers than watercolours but moving on |D
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

Poké : 780

PostSubject: Re: [Artist's Corner] Pokémon of the Week (5th - 11th August 2013)    [Artist's Corner] Pokémon of the Week (5th - 11th August 2013)  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 7:22 am

I'M SUCH A FAILURE (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ |D
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

Poké : 380

PostSubject: Re: [Artist's Corner] Pokémon of the Week (5th - 11th August 2013)    [Artist's Corner] Pokémon of the Week (5th - 11th August 2013)  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 2:27 pm

My vote shall be given to entry #5.
I like how the lighting's been done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Artist's Corner] Pokémon of the Week (5th - 11th August 2013)    [Artist's Corner] Pokémon of the Week (5th - 11th August 2013)  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 4:21 pm

Mine shall also go towards number five.
Back to top Go down
JeffMandM

JeffMandM

Poké : 1280

PostSubject: Re: [Artist's Corner] Pokémon of the Week (5th - 11th August 2013)    [Artist's Corner] Pokémon of the Week (5th - 11th August 2013)  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 6:11 pm

My vote goes towards number 2. Numbers 1, 2, and 5 were in my top 3.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: [Artist's Corner] Pokémon of the Week (5th - 11th August 2013)    [Artist's Corner] Pokémon of the Week (5th - 11th August 2013)  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 6:13 pm

Please remember that Judges need to make a unanimous decision to please discuss which of the ones you all think should win and come to a compromise.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: [Artist's Corner] Pokémon of the Week (5th - 11th August 2013)    [Artist's Corner] Pokémon of the Week (5th - 11th August 2013)  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 11:07 am

The winner is Entry #5!
(You judges all suck and neglected to discuss so I just went with the few actual votes that I got ._.)

-Credits-

Entry#1
ConnieZo

Entry #2
BlueKat12

Entry #3
Suds

Entry #4
Wistuffly

Entry #5
Headphone Actor

Entry #6
FoxFireAlchemist

Next week's PotW (12th - 18th August) is;
Gallade!
[Artist's Corner] Pokémon of the Week (5th - 11th August 2013)  - Page 2 475

The thread will be posted a little late in the day today so this is here to give you all a heads up on the Pokemon. The poke prize this week will also be raised to 500 and the participation price is to be decided. I look forward to seeing any entries ^-^
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

PostSubject: Re: [Artist's Corner] Pokémon of the Week (5th - 11th August 2013)    [Artist's Corner] Pokémon of the Week (5th - 11th August 2013)  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 1:29 pm

SereneLittleRose wrote:

Next week's PotW (12th - 18th August) is;
Gallade!
[Artist's Corner] Pokémon of the Week (5th - 11th August 2013)  - Page 2 475

The thread will be posted a little late in the day today so this is here to give you all a heads up on the Pokemon. The poke prize this week will also be raised to 500 and the participation price is to be decided. I look forward to seeing any entries ^-^

.............Gallade? You're kidding right? *table flips all the tables because fully evolved*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Artist's Corner] Pokémon of the Week (5th - 11th August 2013)    [Artist's Corner] Pokémon of the Week (5th - 11th August 2013)  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

[Artist's Corner] Pokémon of the Week (5th - 11th August 2013)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2