Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

The spirit of adventure

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Savato

Savato

Poké : 380

The spirit of adventure - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 4:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

The sun had just risen from behind the horizon, coating the lands in a slightly yellowish tint as its first rays broke the blanket of darkness, that had been covering the area during the night.
Having decided to pay a visit to the islands, that somehow were floating above the landscape, William exhaustedly admired the architecture of the strange pyramid, that seemed to have been built on one of them. What was its purpose? Did it contain treasure? Would it be dangerous inside?
As he began to shiver due to the icy cold winds up in the skies, the Gastly pushed that last thought away as he slowly floated into the construction.
What would await him in there?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 2:35 am

After retrieving the Chesto Berry, William quickly glanced around the room before coming to the same conclusion the Delibird had reached. This room apparently had no other exits. But it wasn't a problem at all, since there were plenty of other paths to take in that chamber they weren't able to guess the purpose of. Even if they all would only lead to other chambers like this one there might still be items to be found.
"Well, I guess you're right. I can't see any exits and floating through the walls is too dangerous in my opinion, especially since you wouldn't be able to follow. Shall we return to that chamber with the many paths then? We haven't followed the others yet after all."
This pyramid was confusing. Either its creators were rather strange, had no idea of architecture at all or wanted to protect something. That question, that had been following William in the deepest corner of his mind, surfaced again. What would it be, that warranted such protection?
Back to top Go down
Peach

Poké : 1060

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 2:51 am

Nicholas remembered what happened the last time William left he behind. That was not something he wanted repeated. The ice type gave a quick nod and let William lead the way once more. Nick looked around as he followed the ghost, not being able to help but feel the slightest of paranoia. Once more, the place grew silent and the bird had a hard time dealing with it. As a result, he attempted to strike up a conversation once more. "William... what's it like being a ghost type? I mean like being able to go through things, and fly so easy, and see in the dark and all." He was a tad nervous, knowing a bit of Will's history, but the Gastly seemed smart enough to understand the direction Nick's question was meant to go. Let's just hope he was correct.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 3:08 am

"Uh...", William began to stammer,
"I don't think I'd be able to explain it to you. It is in the nature of sentient beings to define by comparison. One can only describe something by mentioning things that set it apart from other things. And it is the same with me. I have never been anything else, so I have nothing to compare myself with. I could tell you, that it feels light, but maybe you feel far lighter than I do. I could tell you, that it feels heavy, but maybe you feel far heavier than I do. And even then, there are some things, that can't be explained. "What does purple look like?". And it is the same, would I try describing floating, moving through walls or anything else of the sort. Sorry, but I assume I can't help you there."
William was surprised. Why the sudden interest in Ghosts? But since there were possible dangers everywhere in this pyramid the Gastly decided to focus on the exploration instead of thinking about unneccessary details like this.
Back to top Go down
Peach

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 3:24 am

"Oh." The bird hadn't thought about it like that, but after William explained it that way, it made sense. "I guess you're right... I mean... I have a hard time explaining to others why I like the cold so much, so I guess it's kinda like that." Nicholas asked his question for two reasons. These were desperation for an ice breaker, metaphorically speaking, and sheer curiosity. After all, how often do you get to ask such a thing? Well, no matter. Nicholas learned his answer wouldn't come as easily as he hoped, but he'd get over it easily enough. Once more, it's dead silent in the party. It's almost enough to make Nick want to be attacked again, almost.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 3:52 am

Silently William continued to float through the probably ancient hallways. The intricate designs of both the building itself and the carvings on the walls were still an enigma, stirring fascination in the Gastly. Should one be able to decipher them, they might be able to find out, where the creators of the pyramid had gone to or why it was floating. But there hadn't been any notes about this kind of runes in any of the books William owned. Of that he was sure. One doesn't read the same fourteen books for half an eternity and then doesn't recognize the patterns and structures listed within. If only there would be more information about the culture behind this. There probably were so many new and amazing things they could do with all the knowledge here.
If only they could understand it...
Back to top Go down
Peach

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 4:13 am

Nicholas watched the Gastly look from side to side. The bird wondered what William was looking for at first, but he eventually figured it out. There were designs on the walls, such as carvings and what may have been a form of writing. The Delibird didn't dig as deep into things as the ghost had, but he did know there was a great mystery surrounding them. However, it was unlikely they would solve it anytime soon. The pair eventually arrived at the fork with the patch of soft soil in the middle. The avian looked up to William. "W-well, which way do you think we should go?" He asked, having no way to choose a direction for himself. Besides, his last pick obvious wasn't too good of one.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 6:31 pm

"We've been through the rightmost one, so I'd say we go from right to left here. That way we won't miss any by accident. Hopefully this one will pay off a bit better."
William still hadn't managed to think of a reasonable purpose for this room. Except for the carvings the other pathways had been barren so this was most likely not a design choice. A grave it probably wasn't either since there was a distinct lack of anything resembling a headstone. Maybe the earth here appeared naturally? That would be the case should organic material wither and rot. But this being a compost was unlikely as well taken into consideration that the smell would spread through the entire pyramid with the many corridors surrounding the room.
Why did this place exist?
Back to top Go down
Peach

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 10:14 pm

Nick really had no reason to object to this idea, so he simply nodded his head and followed. The bird wasn't really much of a leader, so he naturally stayed in the back. Nicholas looked around, being cautious in case of another attack. Still, in the silence, he once again had to try and say something. "William, w-what do you think all these Pokemon are doing here? I mean, I guess it would be normal if this were in the woods or something, but we're in the sky. Why would so many Pokemon come here?" His tone of voice was somehow both frightened and curious.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 10:28 pm

"Well...considering Togepi, a prior evoluitionary stage of Togekiss like the one we had encountered here, can not fly, I think it stands to reason, that those Pokémon or at least some of them have been born here and don't have a reason to leave. Or maybe the source of the energy, that is making these island float is attracting Pokémon somehow. Maybe they are guarding something in there...but what? It certainly is an interesting question. If we continue on, we might even find the answer."
William's curiosity had been piqued. Why hadn't he thought of a question like this before?
Trying to find an answer, he floated further into the unknown depths below...
Back to top Go down
Peach

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 12:09 am

(I am aware that there is border line godmodding in this post, but the other character's player approved it and I have nothing to type without it.)

The avian pondered his spiritual companion's words for a moment. "W-well... if they are guarding something... should we really go after it? I mean... what if we can't handle it... or it falls into the wrong hands... or it's some big monster?"

The pair were heading into another room. This one was different than the others. For one thing, it was a near perfect cube. It had ruins on the walls. They weren't quite like before, but the difference was hard to point out. On the wall opposite them was what appeared to be a small shrine, the one dent in the otherwise perfect cube. On each end of the shrine was a wax candle. They weren't lit. In fact, they showed no signs of ever being used.

When William entered the room, things changed in three short, yet strange events. First, the room grew pitch black. Next, the ruins glew a greenish color. This somehow made it easier to tell what they were. The ruins all seemed to represent ghost Pokemon. The weren't all recognizable, but there was a Gastly here, a Sableye there, and so on. Finally, the candles lit, bring just a little light to the room. It looked erie in there now. The candles still "looked" like normal candles. Even the flames "seemed" like common flames. Nicholas stood at the room entrance, visibly shaking, and it wasn't from the cold. "W-w-williaaaaam..." He looked to the ghost for assurance.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 12:51 am

With all of this happening around him, William definitely was overwhelmed. Unable to think clearly for a few seconds, he couldn't do anything but watch, as the very room itself changed, resembling the Ghost World more and more with every second. Hopefully the process wouldn't continue, as the warped shadow of a twisted world, that the Ghost World acted as wasn't a sight to beheld with the eyes of a "normal" Pokémon. In fact, seeing this bizarre place would certainly be more than an usual mind could handle, which meant, that Nick was in serious danger!
William had to do something, and he had to do it right now!

But what?

The only things in the room were the shrine, the candles and the runes, so if there was a mechanism to stop all this, it would probably be hidden somewhere near those.

The runes were glowing in a reddish kind of green and depicted various Ghost types in their full, four-dimensional forms, but there was nothing resembling a mechanism to be found there.
As the Gastly moved closer to the candles, countless whispers in a long-forgotten, melodious language were projected directly into his mind, speaking of a great truth and a variety of things, that wouldn't be translatable into this language.
But most importantly, they formed an urge in William's mind - the urge to float in front of the small shrine. It was a powerful urge and the Gastly complied.
Silently he floated towards the featureless cuboid, that was just standing there in the middle of the wall opposite the entrance.

After a short float, it actually felt as if an eternity had passed until William had come to a halt again, now directly in front of the strange shrine.

In that moment, the sound of what appeared to be a large bell began filling the room from all directions.
All of the spectral Pokémon's gas was flowing onto the shrine, conentrating into a tiny, spherical crystal of the deepest black, that was floating about an inch over the shrine's surface. Where William had been floating, however, there was nothing exceptfor the flat, dark void, that had been filling the rest of the room.

The Gastly was gone.

Then, from the crystal a single, white line was appearing, moving exactly vertically until it had hit both the ceiling of the room and the surface of the shrine while still running through the middle of the crystal.
Then, from the points, where the line had hit the two surfaces, many smaller lines began to sprout, drawing detailed patterns of unimaginable things in unimaginable colours all over the room.
Finally all those lines came to a halt, losing their colour as they turned white just like the main line.
This main line was growing thicker, growing brighter.
Pulsatingly it expanded until it had filled the whole room, blinding everyone.
In that flash of pure white, many sounds and strange melodies could be heard, culminating in the sound of thin glass shattering.

Then the white began to fade.
When it was gone, the room was there.
The lines were gone.
The runes were normal.
The candles were extinguished.
The walls had their normal look again.
The crystal...was gone.

On the small cuboid of a shrine, a strange, purple figure was lying, seemingly having passed out.
It was a Haunter.
Back to top Go down
Peach

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 6:16 pm

Nick was scared, again. This time, however, was his most scared so far. He couldn't find William, or anything in all the darkness. The delibird wanted to call out for the ghost again, but his throat failed him. He wanted to run, but he had better luck calling for his friend. Suddenly, a bell rang, from everywhere. This did nothing as far as Nick knew, other than cause him to cover his ears. Then, there was a white light. It shined in a beam, which was unusual. If all that wasn't evidence enough that something was up, more light came from that one. It made shapes and colors Nicholas had never seen. It was actually pretty, but the bird's fear stole his ability to admire it. Next, the light shone at a blinding intensity. As expected, Nicholas closed his eyes. Finally, a few more noises and the room returned to normal, except one thing. Where was Will?

Not being able to evolve, the avian never put work into grasping the concept of evolution. As much as he saw, in front of him was a complete stranger. Still, as scary as he looked, Nick didn't feel threatened. The figure most likely needed help, and might have known something about what happened to Will. Nick slowly approached the figure. He was still shaken from the recent events. "S-sir... a-are you ok? C-can you hear me?"
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 6:42 pm

"Uurgh...where...am I...", the strange being groaned.
"There were those voices and a white light and..."
The Haunter fell silent again as his voice had failed him. However, he slowly managed to float up into the air, having his eyes widen in shock as two bizarre things of the same purple he was appeared in front of them. They were his hands, but the Haunter didn't know that yet. To be exact, he still thought of himself as the same Gastly, that had entered this pyramid, entered this room and tried to protect Nick.
That's right! Nick! Where was the Delibird?!
William managed to calm down for a bit at least as he heard a familiar voice reach his ears.
It was Nicholas. So he was safe. Hopefully William would be able to answer him.
In a voice, that was not much more but a whisper, the Haunter responded:
"I-I think I can hear you...and why are you calling me "Sir" al of a sudden...?"
Back to top Go down
Peach

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 11:25 pm

The bird was a little relieved to see the creature stir without attacking him. After all, no matter how much one may think they've correctly predicted a stranger, there's always that bit of doubt. Still, his reaction didn't make much sense. "W-well... I don't... know your name... b-but we reeeeeeeeally gotta go. It's reeeeally dangerous here... a-and I d-don't want anything happening ta you too." Nick cringed at the last statement. He WILL find William, but first he had to help this guy.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 12:10 am

"What are you talking about...featherbrain? Are you suffering from Amnesia? You do know my name or at least that's what I'm hoping. And of course it's dangerous here. I've seen it myself after all."

What was William's favourite Delibird talking about? Only five minutes ago he seemed to be completely normal and now he was acting as if they would have never met! Wait a second...all that ghostly stuff, that had happened! Had it somehow scrambled his mind? And if yes, was there a way to fix it? Maybe one of those Psychic types had experience wih un-scrambling minds...but where would they find one? And how would William get Nick to follow him even?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The spirit of adventure
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next