Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

A Spot of Training

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

A Spot of Training Empty
PostSubject: A Spot of Training   A Spot of Training EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 5:35 pm

Tsukishiro lead William and Nate down to the pond area. She had decided that it would be better to do a bit of training here rather than in a dungeon as there was a lot of wide open space to practice in and no hostile Pokemon that would attack without notice. The only thing they had to be careful of were the other Pokemon who were currently spending time in the area. However most were kindly enough to shift their positions so that Team Yozora had enough space to practice techniques.

"Alright!" grinned the Absol, "So where do you think we should start?"
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org
Savato

Savato

Poké : 380

A Spot of Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Spot of Training   A Spot of Training EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 5:55 pm

"Uh...to be honest, I actually have no idea at all...", William admitted.
"My version of practice usually involved living targets, that were attacking me. And while I agree, that I am not too familiar with social norms anymore, I am relatively certain, that attacking other Pokémon around here isn't too well-recieved. And I might be inclined to improve my reputation around these parts. Or at least not to worsen it more than it already is. So if I may make a suggestion, it would be wise not to include me in the planning of our training, unless you want someone to end up severely injured."
Since the Gastly didn't see any targets or similar objects in the area, he couldn't imagine, how they were going to train. And he wasn't too attached tot he idea of hitting other Pokémon...well...except for Nate.
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

Poké : 10615

A Spot of Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Spot of Training   A Spot of Training EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 6:03 pm

"Well, we could always start with going over what our moves are so we all have an idea as to what we're working with. From there I guess it's anyone's guess what we would do next." Nate suggested. He figured that once they all knew what they were working with they could make a next move from there on how to deal with each others movesets.
"That's just my idea though, I'm not sure if you had any other plans." The pikachu added, not wanting to impose anything on his teammates on their first day of training with one another.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

A Spot of Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Spot of Training   A Spot of Training EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 6:37 pm

"No that sounds good Nate!" grinned Shiro, pausing for a moment in case William wanted to say anything. She then revealed her moveset to her teammates.
"Uhm.. so my moves are Feint, Quick Attack, Dark Pulse and Perish Song..." she blinked, waiting for the others to describe theirs.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

A Spot of Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Spot of Training   A Spot of Training EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 6:46 pm

"Well...currently I am capable of using Shadow Ball, Hypnosis, Curse and Smog. Nothing too team-worky in there, I guess. I'm more prepared for an one-on-one battle and waiting, until my opponent withers away. Fighting directly like you could get difficult for me. So, Sparky, it's your turn."
While analyzing their movesets seemed to be a good idea, William still didn't think, that this training session would do that much good.
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

A Spot of Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Spot of Training   A Spot of Training EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 7:00 pm

"I've got Growl, Thundershock, Thunderpunch and Thunderwave to contribute. Seems like we have a good variation of moves, and I think we can probably find at least some kind of way to work together with them." Nate shrugged, starting to think of any sorts of combinations that could be used with their moves. He didn't have much luck with it though, he wasn't really one to think ahead and plan.
"So, what do we do now?" He asked the group, waiting to see where things would go now.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

A Spot of Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Spot of Training   A Spot of Training EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 8:06 pm

"I guess try and think of ways to use our moves to another's advantage," blinked Shiro, "Or protect one another from each other's moves. For example, if I wanted to use Perish Song and you two were battling, how would I tell you to cover your ears so you couldn't hear it without the opponent doing the same thing?" she asked, raising one of the issues she had with her own moveset. The Absol sat down as she spoke, deciding that if they were going to be talking for a while there was no point standing for the entirety of the conversation.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

A Spot of Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Spot of Training   A Spot of Training EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 8:17 pm

"Cover...my ears...two questions...
First, what ears? and second: with what? I am unsure, whether you have noticed, but...I'm a ball. Unless I immediately evolve, there isn't much I can do in that direction.
As for combinations, I don't really see anything there. We have Sparky with elemental moves, Shiro with mostly physical moves and me with spectral moves. That would be none of the same group, so possibilities for combinations are slim. So...I've got nothing...I never had to work in a team before, so my capabilities for that are a bit...reduced to say the least."
While he didn't have an idea, William was relatively good at taking others' ideas apart, so it was the same with this idea. Only a flawless plan would be one to work after all.
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

A Spot of Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Spot of Training   A Spot of Training EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 8:30 pm

"Well, I mean would Perish Song even work on you then? My guess is that you would be all set, I mean you're kind of already a ghost and you don't even have ears." Nate tried to work out in his head while saying it out loud, not completely sure on how the move worked, and if it would even effect William in any way.
"Well as for me, we could probably figure out a sign or something. Like...well I'm not sure really. I'm sure we can figure something out. And as far as combinations go, I think having three separate groups could create a few different possibilities for combinations. We just need to find them." He continued to say.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

A Spot of Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Spot of Training   A Spot of Training EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 9:02 pm

"Well it works on whoever hears it so I assumed it affected anyone who didn't have the ability Soundproof. But perhaps it's different for ghosts... after all you can't exactly... die," she replied, "Anyhow I guess i'll sort that out another time. What about a Thundershock and Smog combination?"
Shiro's train of thought had suddenly changed as she thought about their movesets. She wasn't entirely sure how Smog worked, but maybe the static from the electricity coursing through it could set the poisoned gas alight.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

A Spot of Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Spot of Training   A Spot of Training EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 9:19 pm

"I doubt that combination would work. Smog consists of particles of solid matter in the air, which shouldn't be too flammable. The only ting, that would happen, is that the particles could weaken the Thundershock due to their resistance and the air inbetween. And even if not, the charged particles would repel each other, only dispersing the attack. Maybe something could be done with Perish Song and Shadow Ball? I'll just assume, that the song uses negative emotions, but please don't try it...I do like the tiny fragment, that's left of my sanity."
William was stumped. There didn't seem to be any possible combinations...
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

A Spot of Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Spot of Training   A Spot of Training EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 9:24 pm

"Well if it dispersed the attack, wouldn't that be good? Kind of make it reach a wider area? And if you charged the particles fast enough I'm sure it could create a sort of reaction." Nate suggested, missing the point of the word dispersed a bit.
"That sounds like it could work, but would the Perish Song even do anything to the Shadow Ball? What if you did a combination of Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball instead?" He asked, thinking that it seemed like a good idea but not completely catching how the two attacks would interact with one another.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

A Spot of Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Spot of Training   A Spot of Training EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 9:35 pm

"Even if Thundershock won't ignite the particles, if they're solid, they'll take on some of the electric charge from the move, surely," replied Shiro trying to build on the suggestion and test the limits of each one. There was no point just dropping it because the initial way you thought it would work no longer will.
"Perhaps Perish Song might up the power of a Shadow Ball," blinked Shiro, "But using it would be incredibly risky because Nate would be in danger of hearing the song."
"Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball might do something interesting because it'd be merging two closely related types of move..."

Last edited by SereneLittleRose on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

A Spot of Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Spot of Training   A Spot of Training EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 9:54 pm

"Well...since they both use negative emotion it might work, but Dark Pulse could overwrite the Shadow Ball. Ghost types have a weakness to Dark types after all. It seems to make more sense to use the two attacks individually, especially since that would decrease the chance for dodging. As for the Smog combination, the particles wouldn't be nearly charged enough to do any significant damage and due to the dispersion, the poison effect would be void as well. So attacking individually seems to be the best bet again. I don't think we'll find a working combination unless we learn other moves to be honest..."
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

A Spot of Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Spot of Training   A Spot of Training EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:30 pm

"Well, aren't you just Mr.Negative?" Nate asked William, taking note of his deconstructing of all their ideas so far.
"Well, we can sit around and theorize how these will turn out all day, but I don't think we'll be able to tell what the full results will be unless we try them out ourselves. I mean I doubt anything too bad can come out of it. And as far as the Perish Song would go, I would be fine as long as we can figure out some kind of signal as to let me know when to cover my ears."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Spot of Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Spot of Training   A Spot of Training Empty

Back to top Go down

A Spot of Training
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next