Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Addressing the problem with outlaws.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Addressing the problem with outlaws. Empty
PostSubject: Addressing the problem with outlaws.   Addressing the problem with outlaws. EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 4:03 am

Nocive and I have noticed a problem with the outlaw affiliation.

Outlaw Pokèmon wonder openly around the region, unable to really do anything fulfilling. They cannot steal from other role players nor can they really cause any havoc. This nullifies the point of the affiliation. To pick an outlaw is to be unable to really have any teams or partners or random "outlaw" game play or fun.

Nocive and I have a solution to this problem, as well as a proposition. It is as follows;

I suggest the creation of a Black Market.

This new area would become a form of guild for outlaws. Every town has an underside where gangs and mobsters rule, if there is an option to play as one, they should not be unable to do anything interesting. The Black Market will specialize as a rare item store. Rare items can be brought from the market for large sums of pokè. If the market does not have the item in stock the buyer can pay a fee and the market will contract outlaws to search for such items. As well as this outlaws will be able to carry out other item find missions in exchange for pokè and other small items so as to stock the market. Bounty missions will also be posted on pokémon threatening the market or simply because there is a price on their heads. This would be carried out as a normal pokémon locate mission, except the pokémon, when found (if at all), will battle the outlaws or try to escape. These pokémon, when captured, are turned in at the market so as the outlaws may collect an amount of poké or items.

The front of the Black Market will be a store, acting as a form of cover and will behave similar to a Kecleon Market. It will provide items that explorers and travellers frequent in purchasing such as seeds, berries, orbs, and other common items that can be obtained from normal dungeons. Customers can also sell back items, but at a lower price of course. Prices will be as fair as the original games, but the difficulty of collecting poke in this forum may also be taken into account.

To prevent friction and error, only outlaw affiliates will be able to pick up and execute jobs from the black market. Also, bounties will never be placed on playable characters.

In summary, the construction of a Black Market gives outlaw affiliates a place to make pokè and take out fun and exciting jobs, helping them role play and hopefully encouraging further outlaw play. It also gives rich guild and outlaw members a place to purchase the perfect TM or rare berry if they happen to have the large amount to spare. Non-outlaws also have the opportunity to purchase more common items from the decoy store while also having the opportunity of gaining poke by selling.

This idea, I think, will help lead the site forward and give merit to the outlaw affiliation.

Nocive and I will gladly donate out time in running the Black Market and decoy store, posting new jobs and serving customers. As such we would, if this idea be accepted;

 Be allowed to create new characters to fill the roles of Blackmarket and decoy store managers (NPCs until we are able to save up the poke needed to purchase and use them for purposes other than managing the market.)

 Be given board updater privileges in the decoy store and Blackmarket sub forums/threads so we can create, lock, and move job. This is unnecessary if you would prefer admins to handle this but I believe it will be much more cohesive if we can deal with it ourselves.

 A snazzy colour to signify our role in the community.

We are flexible and would love to hear your criticism and ideas, from both admins and everyone else interested, including those who would never consider being outlaws.

We look forward to working with you together on this and giving the outlaw affiliation a fun and usable purpose.
Back to top Go down
Maxiorc

Maxiorc

Poké : 100

PostSubject: Re: Addressing the problem with outlaws.   Addressing the problem with outlaws. EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 9:32 am

I love the idea of the black market. I was planning on having shawn go rogue at some point later, and i would love to help with this if needed. I think this should be reviewed by EVERYONE, so im adding this to my sig. You have my support.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

PostSubject: Re: Addressing the problem with outlaws.   Addressing the problem with outlaws. EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 1:18 pm

I have already said my support for the main bulk of the idea. However at the moment I do not have the time to sort out organising it and creating the appropriate forums and posts needed for it. It will be there in the future, i'm sure. There just needs to be a degree of patience involved because I have a fair few personal issues and school stuff that currently take priority over my internet life.
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org

PostSubject: Re: Addressing the problem with outlaws.   Addressing the problem with outlaws. EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 3:30 am

I SECOND THIS OPINION! I do really think that's a great idea, though, one comment, I do believe it would only increase the roleplaying experience if a character of yours had a bounty on them. So, I believe it'd be nice if this was permissible if a user that faced such an occasion agreed to it.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

Poké : 380

PostSubject: Re: Addressing the problem with outlaws.   Addressing the problem with outlaws. EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 3:16 pm

I do find myself supporting this idea!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Addressing the problem with outlaws.   Addressing the problem with outlaws. EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 10:11 am

Speaking of your real life taking over your internet life...
I suggest making more admins. No, I'm not suggesting that I should be one, or that anybody here should be one, but the fact of the matter is that this site needs active admins (unless you want it to die a slow, painful death), and making more admins could solve the current admin-inactivity problem. A three-girl squad just won't cut it for running the site; there should always be at least one active admin on the site each day (or at least each week) who can read suggestions, enforce rules, etc.
Back to top Go down
Nocive

Nocive

Poké : 3100
Location : Somewhere, brooding on and on about the horrors of bleeding writing materials.

PostSubject: Re: Addressing the problem with outlaws.   Addressing the problem with outlaws. EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 11:07 am

Alright, hold on Ant. I support your idea of having more active admins, but please take this to your own thread. This thread is only for discussions concerning the Black Market and the plans surrounding it, and I'd rather not have off-topic discussions cluttering it. No offense, good idea though.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Addressing the problem with outlaws.   Addressing the problem with outlaws. EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 6:46 am

I think the Black Market sounds like a great idea (just a newbie, and I don't think I'll have my first character be an outlaw, but I might get a character in the future to do that).

Sounds kind of sad that the outlaws aren't able to wreak any kind of havoc, though. Shouldn't they be able to at least, I don't know, steal from NPCs? Have some kind of kidnapping-ransom plot involving NPCs? I mean, naturally, the bad guys aren't supposed to win, so their plots would ultimately end up being thwarted, and they'd have to make a last minute escape. But it would be interesting.

Then, there's just general prankster-type stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Addressing the problem with outlaws.   Addressing the problem with outlaws. EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 8:21 am

That's exactly what we want to introduce.

In regards to allowing jobs to be placed on playables, even with consent, is something we shall not sanction. That would have the potential of resulting in unbalanced poké gain and other such complications. If you want to rp as such, I'm not going to stop you, but it (at this date) will not involve the Black Market.

Thank you for your ongoing support everyone, particularly serene.

Sorry about delay of feedback too your feed back. I was sort of hoping more would pile up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Addressing the problem with outlaws.   Addressing the problem with outlaws. EmptyMon May 13, 2013 9:58 pm

I think this would be rather fun. I agree with Estrios, a roleplayer should have the option to have their character with a bounty over their heads. It would be simply exhilarating!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Addressing the problem with outlaws.   Addressing the problem with outlaws. Empty

Back to top Go down

Addressing the problem with outlaws.
Page 1 of 1