Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

New user

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Frut0s

Frut0s

Poké : 0

New user Empty
PostSubject: New user   New user EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 3:24 pm

Hey. I adore PMD and have been looking for role plays involving it for a while now so am happy this forum exists, and I hope it's still active.

-I'm female
-Over 18
-Do not have experience GMing but do as a player (which is the role I seek)

Back to top Go down
Tag365

New user Empty
PostSubject: Re: New user   New user EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 4:40 pm

What do you like about the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series?
Back to top Go down
Frut0s

Frut0s

New user Empty
PostSubject: Re: New user   New user EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 7:45 pm

Tag365 wrote:
What do you like about the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series?

It have an attraction to media that mixes in many different types of races and species. Scifi and high fantasy settings attract me for that reason also, and as a child I was always way more interested in pokémon, their inner dynamics, if they can speak or not then what do they think, than the human-pokémon interaction of the core games (I  have played all of the PMD games except for the first 3d one, while I ditched the core series after it left the nintendo DS).

As a kid I loved the opening scene in the first pokémon movie (the short story about a Pokémon park before the plot with mewtwo starts).
Back to top Go down
Tag365

New user Empty
PostSubject: Re: New user   New user EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 7:49 pm

I also feel like it is better when you get clearly sapient and speaking Pokémon, it makes them feel more like characters. So what is your favorite Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game? Also, what is your favorite species of Pokémon, and what Pokémon would you chose to be if you were suddenly forced to become one?
Back to top Go down
Frut0s

Frut0s

New user Empty
PostSubject: Re: New user   New user EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 8:16 pm

Tag365 wrote:
I also feel like it is better when you get clearly sapient and speaking Pokémon, it makes them feel more like characters. So what is your favorite Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game? Also, what is your favorite species of Pokémon, and what Pokémon would you chose to be if you were suddenly forced to become one?

I don't remember which mystery group it is right now, or which game, but there's a  mystery group with Alakazam as its leader. His role in the game is of a wise perceptive person who tries to achieve justice (as contrasted to another mystery group whose role is pretty much to be thiefs). I liked him a lot.

And yeah, Alakazam is my favorite species, although I liked Absol's role in the plot of one of the games.

Right now I'll have to say Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon because it's the earliest I played and consequentially the one I remember best, though I remember enjoying explorers of time when I was very young. I don't remember the plots though and need to replay these games.

If I was forced to become a pokémon I'm almost sure it'd be a Delphox. I'd rather be a primarily psychic pokémon but none fit me better than her. Since I lose control and my cool too easily, despite desperately wanting to have a cool and careful approach to things. Also the fact in the PMD tests I always end up getting charmander, I am rather quick to act. And only in my final evolution I get my so-derised Psychic qualities xD.

She's also a roleplayer (her moves take a play of her being  like an elemental wizard straight out of a tabletop rpg game) and I love trpg.

I'd be interested in knowing your own answers to these questions if you don't mind.
Back to top Go down
Tag365

New user Empty
PostSubject: Re: New user   New user EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 9:49 pm

Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon seems unbalanced to me and at the end the game suddenly gets incredibly hard making me constantly quit and I've never beat the game as a result. I like Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky more... the difficulty isn't unbalanced at the end like it was in Super Mystery Dungeon.

I have issues with narrowing down what Pokémon I would rather be. I might want to be Skuntank because I like skunks and it is my favorite Pokémon, but I feel like Grumpig might be better for me to be because of various reasons... Grumpig is stated to use dances to manipulate others, and I like dancing, it has psychic powers, it is themed after the "pearls before swing" element of Matthew 7:6, the book I was named after, it has a spring tail it can bounce on, and it is a nice chubby pig, which I like.

I feel like I would be a Duosion instead if it was based on my personality because I feel the fact it has two independently thinking brains and its powers being stronger when both think alike would represent me, I feel like I'm inconsistent sometimes and I feel like sometimes I try to do too many separate things at once.

Frut0s likes this post

Back to top Go down
Frut0s

Frut0s

New user Empty
PostSubject: Re: New user   New user EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 11:24 pm

Tag365 wrote:
Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon seems unbalanced to me and at the end the game suddenly gets incredibly hard making me constantly quit and I've never beat the game as a result.

I can see why you'd say that. Depending on how you play the game up to the end it's extremely easy. I had some difficulty with the final boss but particularly thought the difficulty of the end to be a welcoming change, since it felt like an actual challange. Or maybe I just like suffering.

Tag365 wrote:
Grumpig is stated to use dances to manipulate others, and I like dancing, it has psychic powers, it is themed after the "pearls before swing" element of Matthew 7:6, the book I was named after, it has a spring tail it can bounce on, and it is a nice chubby pig, which I like.
That's actually a beautiful connection.

Cool to know most of your pokémons of choice are Psychic types too.
Back to top Go down
Blade12

Blade12

Poké : 1360

New user Empty
PostSubject: Re: New user   New user EmptyTue Oct 12, 2021 11:36 pm

Frut0s wrote:
I don't remember which mystery group it is right now, or which game, but there's a  mystery group with Alakazam as its leader. His role in the game is of a wise perceptive person who tries to achieve justice (as contrasted to another mystery group whose role is pretty much to be thiefs). I liked him a lot.

And yeah, Alakazam is my favorite species, although I liked Absol's role in the plot of one of the games.

Absol in the originals will still always be one of my favourite moments when it comes to gaming.

Anyway, sorry for not commenting on this sooner, welcome to our quiet little corner of the internet.

Frut0s likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New user Empty
PostSubject: Re: New user   New user Empty

Back to top Go down

New user
Page 1 of 1