Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

A Min(i)or Problem

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Venusian

Venusian

Poké : 3230

A Min(i)or Problem Empty
PostSubject: A Min(i)or Problem   A Min(i)or Problem EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 3:17 am

Mission Description:

Evelyn... wasn't entirely sure how she'd gotten dragged into this one. It started when Rui asked her something, and damn it, she was always powerless to say no to him. It was her curse. She wasn't really sure what his new friend was talking about - it was a little hard to understand past her accent, but Evelyn was kind of getting used to it. The mission she'd shown her wasn't very illuminating either, just some nonsense about falling stars. What the heck did that mean? Stars didn't fall.

And then it clicked that Rui's new friend was a goddamn guild pokemon and she almost had a heart attack on the spot, which she managed to disguise with a startled cough into her drink. It was better than befriending another mafia member, at least? Well... better for Rui, worse for Evelyn, and that was just a cross she'd have to bear. So here she was. With the law enforcement. In the middle of nowhere. Being a criminal. For all she knew, the dopey cat was just a facade, and she was waiting for her chance to arrest her.

At least the stars were nice. Evelyn would give her that, this was a nice place to have to fight for her freedom, if it came to that. She appreciated the courtesy, she thought with a dull, grim amusement. The sky was so wide and the stars were so bright, brighter than they had ever been behind the smog. She knew that the night sky would be brighter out here, but, well... she'd underestimated the impact it would have on her. She'd never really considered herself the sentimental type.

"It's nice, huh, Rui?" She'd mused softly, not without a hint of wistfulness. Right. Focus. She had to keep her head out of the clouds, forcing her gaze back towards the ground. She still didn't exactly trust anyone here besides Rui, especially knowing that at least one of them was a guild member.

Their little group was approaching the client, who twirled back and forth anxiously under the starlight, casting up nervous glances at the sky. She fidgeted and paced, clearly near-panic as she muttered to herself under her breath, occasionally breaking out into a twirl. This little dance did nothing to calm the psychic type, her hands only trembling more. Not once she did look towards the group, holding herself in distress while she waited. For what, Evelyn couldn't tell, but she found the black and white pokemon rather eerie.

Evelyn's Energy: 7
(19 - 12 = 7)
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

A Min(i)or Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Min(i)or Problem   A Min(i)or Problem EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 8:29 pm

“...what’s a star?”
It was a normal evening, like any other in their run down little house and a tiny Rui blinked up at his mother, head tilted in curiosity.

His sister, barely much older, playfully nudged at him with her head. She drew his attention, answering confidently. “They’re pointy! And sit in the sky. They look like this-” She drew an approximation of a five-pointed star in the dirt with one paw.

Yua chuckled at Rika’s enthusiasm. “That’s right!” she praised, and Rika glowed with pride for her dirt drawing. “The stars are very beautiful,” their mother continued, drawing her own stars in the dirt to accompany Rika’s. “They’re like thousands of tiny lights hanging in the sky at night. It’s said that if you wish on a falling star, your wish will come true. And if you ever get lost outside, you can use the stars to guide you home because they’re always there watching over you.”

Rui was quiet as he pondered her words. His mother sounded almost reverent as she spoke of them, drawing a star with a long comet tail next to the ones she added. But, if there were so many, and they were always there… then how come had he never seen any?

“Is the moon... a star?” Rui asked eventually. It was the only light he’d ever seen in the sky at night. “It’s really bright.”

His mother shook her head. A soft smile graced her features, tinged with something bittersweet. “No, darling. The moon is different from the stars, and much bigger. We can’t see any stars from within the outpost because the smog here covers the sky.”

“Oh…” That was disappointing. Rui wanted to see the stars. Lots of teeny lights...they sounded pretty! And he’d thought... maybe if he saw a falling one, he could wish that everyone would have enough food.

Yua ruffled the fur on Rui’s head, then drew both him and Rika into her embrace. “We can’t see them now, but one day we’ll be able to. When you’re both older, we can go somewhere to see them properly,” she promised.

“Really?” Rui asked, his eyes lighting up.

“Really.” Yua smiled and Rui beamed back at her, nuzzling into the warmth of his mother’s arms.

✦ ✧ ✶ ✧ ✦

Rui stared up at the vast expanse that was the sky. He’d been unable to take his eyes off it ever since they’d left the smog and the clouds had parted. It was so different to the sky in the outpost. Nights there were so dark, with only the moon providing any semblance of natural light. But out here, it was so much brighter. Rui had never been much of a fan of the dark, but out here, even though he was away from home, he felt calm.

“They’re beautiful,” he agreed quietly, full of reverence for the breathtaking sight before him. The stars… they really were so pretty. It was like hundreds of little glowing flower buds, peeking through the dark blanket of the sky - or thousands of tiny lights, just like mom had described all that time ago.

He wished she were here right now. And Rika. Rui was sure they would both love it out here too. If only he could freeze the view of the sky in time and bring it back to show them. He was glad that his friends were able to see them though! They all lived in grima too, so perhaps they enjoyed being able to see them just as much as he did!

Rui flashed a small smile Evelyn's way, before glancing to each of his other friends. He was grateful he could share this experience with them, even if it was only something small in the grand scheme of things.

Rui's Energy: 7
(19 - 12 = 7)
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org
Mada

Mada

Poké : 521

A Min(i)or Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Min(i)or Problem   A Min(i)or Problem EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 7:12 am

Darcy padded along, a few paces behind the group, to keep an eye on the client, but also to give the others some time to talk between themselves. The Skitty had stopped by Grima for a "Supply Run." In truth, she'd really just wanted to try some of the cakes from the cafe Rui had said he worked at, the last time she was in town, and also to meet his friend! She... hadn't really gotten the chance to, last time she was in town, but now she had! And she seemed nice enough. A bit odd, if anything. (For a moment, Darcy had thought she was choking on a drink there, earlier in town! A drink! She hadn't thought that was possible!)

Thankfully, though, she hadn't choked. Evelyn was her name. She carried a certain... shifty...? Demeanor? No, shifty implied guilt... Nervous? But... That was the client! And Evelyn wasn't acting anything like the client! ...Paranoid?

Yeah, that was it, wasn't it? The Skitty bit her lip, pulling the scarf down tighter around her neck. She was paranoid. Evelyn and Rui were talking amongst themselves, and it felt rude to butt in. She wasn't quite sure if the Salandit even liked her yet. She wasn't sure if either of Rui's friends liked her, honestly.

But that was ok! They were Rui's friends, and even if they didn't (Which she wasn't quite sure of either way yet,) She'd do her best to make them feel welcome! She'd invited them, after all.

Evelyn and Viktoria. She reminded herself, shooting Rui a bright smile as he glanced back at her. The Skitty looked up at the stars, and while she didn't answer Evelyn's question (It wasn't directed at her.) She did find herself agreeing. They really were incredible. There were a few places, back in Grassveil, that looked like this. The hill a couple of miles out from her house was like that. When she was smaller, she'd sneak out at times, set out a small blanket, and nap under the stars. Her parents had thought she'd been kidnapped, and were only an hour away from posting up a guild mission. But it had been worth it. Whenever she did it again, she'd leave a note.

The Skitty found her pace slowing down, as memories of home crossed her mind. Home was so far away from Grima, wasn't it? And so different. But Evelyn, and especially Rui, weren't unlike a lot of folks she'd known back there.

"If any 'a y'all need water, or blankets, or... anything, really, I got some supplies here!" Darcy called out, helpfully. They'd been walking for a bit now, and it never hurt to offer. She snuck a glance at the Salandit and Riolu, trying to gauge their reactions. "And... Um, not to be a killjoy, but... Be careful, alright? We're still in a mystery dungeon, so if you see somethin' spooky, or need help, let me know, ok?" The Skitty said, trying to act like the responsible guild member she was supposed to be. In truth, she was no more cautious than any of the others, her eyes glued to the sky.

She'd been going through so much, and she'd been worrying over so much, that she couldn't quite recall when the last time she'd gotten to just... look at the stars had been. Really look at them. ...Had it really been since the stars back home? Before she'd left for the guild?

"I'm glad y'all could make it out though. They really are pretty..." The Skitty said, a sheepish smile on her face as she nodded at each member of the party. Even if it was technically on a guild job, she was still happy there were friends to keep her company. This kind of thing was always better with friends.

Darcy's Energy: 28
(40 - 12 = 28)
Back to top Go down
StarDay

StarDay

Poké : 1500

A Min(i)or Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Min(i)or Problem   A Min(i)or Problem EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 6:57 pm

Stars. Something Viktoria would know much more than Rui or Evelyn ultimately, yet something that ultimately fascinated her in the end. The stories on what each constellation meant and why was a curious subject, yet one that always intrigued her in the end. From Aquila the Braviary to Sagittarius the Decidueye, each have their own tale to tell, and she was used to seeing some in Grassveil. Yet the stars had never been so bright in her memory, or always so clear to the eye.

In a sense, it was borderline disorienting in a way to see something she was so used to in a different light, or see other people’s reactions to them for seemingly the first time. If only Rui could’ve seen them before this moment, the childlike wonder in the goat’s eyes gave away the fact he hadn’t ever truly seen a star before to the Riolu.

”Ehe, thanks for letting me come along. Hopefully we’ll be able to have more encounters like this.” Viktoria spoke calmly, glancing up yet again at the sky after noticing the odd Gothorita. What she was supposed to do about them though, she wasn't quite sure at all.

”Be careful, huh? Understood, I’ll let you know if I need any help or notice anything, Darcy. Though if all goes well, that shouldn't be an issue in the end, right?” They were ultimately comrades for this mission, and comrades help each other, right?

Viktoria's Energy: 4
(16 - 12 = 4)
Back to top Go down
Venusian

Venusian

A Min(i)or Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Min(i)or Problem   A Min(i)or Problem EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 6:52 am

It was... nice, almost, that was what disoriented Evelyn the most. It felt peaceful. She'd seen stars before, but not like this. They were brighter than she remembered. The wind was gentle and warm, and the static-charged air was clean. She may as well have stepped into a different world. It was nice, sure, but Evelyn was completely out of her element. Her body was built to breathe polluted air, not to enjoy wide open prairies where the sky sparkled like a geode. Her mind had been honed for survival and backstabbing, not pleasant nights and picnics with friends.

Not that they were friends, it was way too early for that. Friendly people, she settled on instead. She fumbled awkwardly for words as Darcy spoke, hesitating for a second too long to not sound awkward. She wasn't built for this - whatever this was - and she knew it.

It was tempting to let her guard down, but she couldn't, not even if she wanted to. Didn't think she could while she was standing next to a guild 'mon. Her offer was a kind one, though. "Don't suppose you brought any snacks?" She asked, unable to keep her hopes from getting up that the cat pokemon had brought something to eat. Had Evelyn eaten today? She was pretty sure she had, but food sounded tempting...

Her warning was thoughtful, but between the five of them, Evelyn felt decently confident that nothing was going to mess with them. Hopefully a group this large would scare off most of the wild pokemon. It usually worked on Evelyn, when she was on the other side of things. It was always easier to take down a single traveler than a large group. It was a basic survival skill. Surely the pokemon here would have it too.

She couldn't help but nod in agreement as Darcy mentioned how pretty the sky was. It was funny. Evelyn didn't think it would be like this. With the atmosphere so... calm, and friendly. "Yeah." She murmured in response, to Darcy and Viktoria both. More encounters like this, huh?

Even she had to admit, that sounded nice.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

A Min(i)or Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Min(i)or Problem   A Min(i)or Problem EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 7:09 pm

Darcy was very kind to offer them water and blankets, but with Rui’s thick, fluffy pelt he wasn’t sure he would need them. He heeded her warning though, nodding to acknowledge it.

“Thank you for letting us come with you!” Rui smiled. He and the others wouldn’t have been here if it wasn’t for Darcy stopping by the outpost and bringing it up. Honestly, Rui had just been excited by the mention of stars, but if he could help Darcy with her mission somehow then he was happy to do so as best he could! Well, unless it ended up being physically demanding. Then he would rather pass-

Viktoria spoke of how it would be nice to do more things like this, and Rui wholeheartedly agreed. In fact, he was delighted to hear someone else say it out loud. “I’d like that,” he replied. There was something special about being able to spend time with people you trusted. People whom Rui felt he could just be himself around, and not worry so much about what to say or do.

They approached the Gothorita on the hill. She seemed distressed, moving around anxiously as she stared up at the sky. Was she okay? Rui understood that Darcy’s job here was supposed to be keeping an eye out for her, making sure she was safe - but did that mean something bad was going to happen? There seemed to be nothing troubling around just yet… not in the sky, nor in the surrounding prairie.

It made Rui wonder if the Gothorita knew something the rest of them didn’t. Maybe… maybe she had seen something that hadn’t happened yet? Rui had experienced that kind of thing for himself. He knew firsthand that it was best not to ignore it.

A little part of Rui wanted to ask her. But another, bigger part of Rui froze up at the idea of starting a conversation with someone he’d never met before. Instead, he turned to the people he was comfortable with. "Do... do you think there's anything we can do to help...?" he asked, looking to the Gothorita.
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

Poké : 521

A Min(i)or Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Min(i)or Problem   A Min(i)or Problem EmptyWed Dec 16, 2020 8:23 pm

Darcy smiled sheepishly as her companions all spoke in turn. Viktoria was first, offering her a smile thanks, and indication of her understanding. The Skitty's ears folded back, as she let out a small giggle. The feline's bag swung lazily back and forth as she walked, the top flap remaining unsecured.

"Really, it's nothin', it's my pleasure," The Skitty offered bashfully, as she gazed back up at the stars. Despite the fact they were supposed to be on a mission, the Skitty couldn't find it within her to worry much about this mission. It'd be alright! They were a big group, and honestly, she just wanted to enjoy their company.

The Salandit asked for snacks, and Darcy beamed up at her. She seemed a bit more... hardened, than the others, but she seemed nice! And maybe they could talk some more now? "Aw, sure thing! Take your pick! I got apples, berries... Um, I packed maybe... a bit too much..." The Skitty said, peering into her bag. Yeah... maybe just a bit... But still, more choices was always better than less, right? The Skitty turned around, eyeing her tail for a bit too long as she spun in a circle, before stopping abruptly, offering her bag to the Salandit, an abashed grin on her face. "H-Here ya' are, Eve,"   She offered, before turning to the Skiddo.

"Help...? I mean... I dunno." Darcy said hesitantly, blinking before she continued. "I s'pose the mission's makin' her nervous, is all, isn't it? So if we finish it soon... She'll cheer up...?" The Skitty's tail flickered softly, wishing she had a better suggestion. The Gothorita hadn't been particularly... forthcoming about her anxiousness on the way here.  It'd been an awkward walk.

Mada carried out 1 launched of one Discharge Prairie :
A Min(i)or Problem 0Q4wpOl
A Min(i)or Problem KhcTKfS
A Min(i)or Problem BroYC2f
A Min(i)or Problem Coz4fIa
A Min(i)or Problem WjT00kA
A Min(i)or Problem Vh0gA0D
A Min(i)or Problem Rawstb10
A Min(i)or Problem Vh0gA0D
A Min(i)or Problem BYiqdyE
A Min(i)or Problem KhcTKfS
Back to top Go down
StarDay

StarDay

Poké : 1500

A Min(i)or Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Min(i)or Problem   A Min(i)or Problem EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 9:32 pm

”The source of the problem is supposedly falling stars needing to be saved or something, right? Then…we have to wait and see what may actually fall. I hate to be the pessimist, but who knows how long that will be? We’ll have to at least just make sure no ferals or anything hurt the client.”  Viktoria responded, her voice calm yet again as she glanced over to see Darcy had overpacked her bag. An innocent enough move by the cat, although Viktoria made the mental note that she could ask for a snack eventually.

”I wonder what stories she saw in the stars and constellations that caused her to panic so badly... I know quite a few stories that are said to be the origin of some constellations, but none like having to rescue the stars themselves... I can tell one of those stories to pass the time if you guys want.” The Riolu sighed, staring up again at the dark sky that was illuminated by light. Nothing odd so far from what she can tell, and she was certain that her Aura capability would be useless for something like this.

They’re stuck playing the waiting game, a game that right now was seemingly killing all of them- Viktoria included.

(OOC: Eyy, looks like those TMs you got could be possibly useful on Josie if I remember his TM movepool right. :D And right now I wish my energy wasn’t so bad.)/shot

StarDay carried out 4 launched of one Discharge Prairie :
A Min(i)or Problem BYiqdyE , A Min(i)or Problem R8PuxyG , A Min(i)or Problem MW3tWdn , A Min(i)or Problem 6o9m3Ct
Back to top Go down
Venusian

Venusian

A Min(i)or Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Min(i)or Problem   A Min(i)or Problem EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 1:26 pm

Evelyn peered into Darcy's bag, mildly amused - and mildly jealous - that her poor bag was almost overflowing. She took an apple and two berries in clear conscience. The apple wasn't long for this world. Evelyn ate it in about three bites, core included. With her stomach calmed down, she retreated back to Rui's side maybe a little bit too quickly. Goddamnit, Evelyn. Act natural. "Thanks." She said to Darcy, offering the guild member a smile.

The Gothorita was still fiddling with her hands, dead silent except when spoken to. She cast a glance at Rui as he asked her his question, if there was anything they could do to help the falling stars. "I don't know." She admitted after a very long moment of thought. "I only knew I couldn't let the stars die alone, even if I can't save them. But maybe you can. I didn't read your presence in the stars."

Evelyn still didn't know what that actually meant. She didn't sound very optimistic... or pessimistic, on the other hand. Her voice was soft, somewhat flat, but she'd swear she caught a hint of confusion. Maybe even hope? Hard to say, when she was speaking so quietly. She was starting to get why the Gothorita's friend had described her as "ominous". She sure wasn't making any sense to Eve. "This is the place where they'll fall." She announced, stopping in a spot that looked no different from any other, to Evelyn. Was she missing something obvious? She looked around at the others. It'd be a bit reassuring if they were just as confused as she was.

Evelyn did perk to attention at Viktoria's offer. Stories, huh? Couldn't hurt. It'd be nice to have some way to pass the time while they waited for... whatever was going to happen. "Yeah, y'know what? That sounds nice." Seeing an opportunity, she flashed a grin, looking between them. "Ooo, maybe tell us about Gemini, that's mine. What're yours, guys?"

Venusian carried out 7 launched of one Discharge Prairie :
A Min(i)or Problem WjT00kA , A Min(i)or Problem TlczPqU , A Min(i)or Problem 6o9m3Ct , A Min(i)or Problem ZMZNKcf , A Min(i)or Problem 6AKs88F , A Min(i)or Problem Vh0gA0D , A Min(i)or Problem T8KZxZB
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

A Min(i)or Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Min(i)or Problem   A Min(i)or Problem EmptyMon Dec 21, 2020 2:54 am

"Whoa.." Darcy had so many snacks! It was like a mini buffet. All the berries and apples - they looked tasty. He didn't feel very hungry but... would it be rude if he squandered an apple away to give mom and Rika when he got home? It seemed rude. Rui didn't want to take advantage of Darcy's kindness... Perhaps he could just not eat any other snacks in return?

Rui glanced back up at the sky. The Gothorita couldn't let the stars die alone... Mom had said that falling stars were something you could wish on... that your wishes would be granted if you did. But... the way the Gothorita spoke, Rui couldn't help but think it sounded awfully sad. The stars were guides too right? Did that mean that people would get lost if they fell out of the sky? Would the stars be alone even though they'd spent hundreds of years of helping people home? "I hope we can help..." Rui replied quietly.

They finally came to a halt. Rui looked up at the sky. All the stars were still there. At least... he thought so. There were a lot of them, but it didn't look like any of them were falling yet. The Gothorita sounded confident though, so Rui did not doubt her.

"There are stories about the stars?" Rui asked, attention switching back to Viktoria. He nodded along with Evelyn's words. That did sound nice! He wanted to know about the star stories. Eve had wanted to hear about a particular star. Her star. "You have a star?!" Rui asked in wonder, "I don't think I have one..." At least, he'd never been told about one. Gemini... was that the name of Eve's star? Did all of them have names? Rui had only ever heard about them as one group. One big collective. They were very beautiful, but there was so much else he didn't know!

Solilo carried out 7 launched of one Discharge Prairie :
A Min(i)or Problem YahKmXF , A Min(i)or Problem Vh0gA0D , A Min(i)or Problem 2OGkKGb , A Min(i)or Problem NvjPwId , A Min(i)or Problem TlczPqU , A Min(i)or Problem Ejygq8U , A Min(i)or Problem NvjPwId
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Min(i)or Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Min(i)or Problem   A Min(i)or Problem Empty

Back to top Go down

A Min(i)or Problem
Page 1 of 1