Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Search and Rescue

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Venusian

Venusian

Poké : 3230

Search and Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Search and Rescue   Search and Rescue EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 1:54 am

Robin wasn't scared of mystery dungeons. Not really. She wouldn't have made herself something of a career in exploring them, if she was. She wasn't really that scared of something bad happening to her. But every rule had it's exception, she mused, as she walked quietly into the darkened forest alone. It felt like a pilgrimage. Every step was leaden and heavy, and her spirits were no lighter. She paused, shifted in place, gathered all the scraps of courage she had in her pitiful, pathetic little soul.

Children that wander unsupervised just outside of Grassveil's boundaries have begun to disappear. Search parties, authorities, and guild members are all working tirelessly to solve this mystery, in the meanwhile, please supervise your children...

Search parties and police had combed this forest top to bottom, she was sure. If Robin was going to find anything - anyone - she had to go deeper. Remember that Jigglypuff, with a shaky confession and teary eyes. She lived around Grassveil. She could go missing next, if no one got to the bottom of this quick enough. Or the little Shroomish she'd found in these very woods while she was chasing legends, all bravado and naivety, playing as a hardened criminal with none of the bite and maybe a shred of the bark.

It was... difficult, even for a coward like her, to be intimidated by a group of children calling themselves... what was it? The Hyper Bandits of Shadow? Something like that. She didn't remember the name of their gang. Hell, she didn't remember the name of that little Shroomish. Robin found herself absently hoping that she was safe.

And Robin, for her part, was going to try and do something right for once.

Robin's Energy: 11
(21 - 10)
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

Poké : 521

Search and Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Search and Rescue   Search and Rescue EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 2:38 am

Saido wasn't scared of mystery dungeons, because he knew he was tougher than them! Sure, they were spooky! Sure, there were dark corners of the woods that he didn't dare show up in, and the lack of sounds entirely could be disturbing. Dead silence, only the sound of his own feet, which he rarely ever heard. He wasn't supposed to. His species was supposed to be silent, and the fact he could hear himself? It was plain weird. And then the shrill cry of some avian pokemon, the beating of wings, leaving behind one very startled Saido.

But other than that? Nothing was scary about them! Nothing scary about this mystery dungeon in the least! The Nickit picked up the pace, beginning to trot aimlessly through the forest. He had a job to do! He'd heard about the missing children, and he'd decided that he was going to do everything within his power to help. Sure, the job wasn't really meant for a team of his size. Phosphor and him were gonna be an amazing team! The problem was, nobody recognized it. Not without any missions to their name. So they weren't technically allowed to take the scary, high stakes missions...

But Saido was sure he could do it! He lifted his head up proudly towards the sky, positively beaming at his own inner thoughts. He was gonna save all the children! He... Just had to figure out how.

"I probably won't just bump into them, huh..." He mumbled softly to himself, before a flash of white crossed his field of view. It wasn't pure white. There were tints and shades of blue as well, and it took the Nickit a few seconds to identify the pokemon as a Vulpix. He'd seen them before, and he always thought they were very elegant Pokemon. It would've been cool to be one, he thought to himself. Both fire and ice were very cool typings?

Either way, maybe this Vulpix knew something?

"HEY! Wait up!" The Nickit cried out, beginning to run towards the Vulpix in question.
Back to top Go down
Venusian

Venusian

Search and Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Search and Rescue   Search and Rescue EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 6:29 pm

Robin froze, statue still, when a voice broke the silence. She flinched, of course. How couldn't she? She turned, still tense and wary, to see a fox pokemon bounding up to her. Was he one of the missing Pokemon? No... no, probably not, he didn't seem quite that young. She breathed through her teeth as the little Nickit ran towards her, stumbling back a step or two. Damn it, Robin. She had to stand her ground! Maybe this was one of the criminals responsible?

... probably not. It was possible, but not very likely. "Who're you?" She demanded, only watching the cold edge to her voice after the words were already out. She blinked slowly, giving a sheepish smile in an attempt to backpedal a bit. "Sorry. Dumb question. You're here to search for them too, right?"

She cleared her throat, staring down at her paws as she tried to sort out what to do, what to say. She felt bad for snapping, but at least it was understandable that she was on edge. No one knew what lurked here. That was exactly the problem. The idea of coming here was starting to sound less and less wise, but it was too late to turn back, right? She'd been to Shadowhue before. There was nothing frightening here, just long shadows and dark woods.

Nothing frightening until you went deep enough, anyways. The records at Windrose served as her informant, an unsuspecting little book that mentioned a sub-dungeon after you went deep enough. And Robin knew, deep in her gut, that that was it. It had to be. Where else was there to hide so close to Grassveil? She would have preferred to hire a guild 'mon as her protector, but... well. Um. She was a bit low on money at the moment.

She'd planned on turning back if she found a lead, anyways. Robin wasn't quite stupid enough to try and take on an outlaw on her own. ... the Gyarados didn't count, that world wasn't exactly real, right? She hadn't been able to do much to him, anyways. Her Powder Snow hadn't so much as slowed it for a heartbeat.

She offered a shaky smile to the Nickit, breaking out of her thoughts. "Well. I'm Robin. Robin Pyralis." That was as good a place as any to start, right? "Nice to meet you, mister...?" She trailed off in a silent request for his own name, her posture still stiff, her mouth still upturned in a plastic, dull smile. She didn't trust him yet. He didn't seem to be bad, but she couldn't take any chances, right?
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

Search and Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Search and Rescue   Search and Rescue EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 7:28 am

Saido came to a stop near the Vulpix, eyes flickering up towards the ice type, a large, dopey smile on his face. Honestly, he was just happy to finally see another friendly face. She seemed cautious, her limbs, and entire body, really, stiffening at the sound of his voice. Her voice was sharp, demanding, and more than a bit urgent. Upset? Intimidated? Accusatory?

Because you're a dark type?

The nickit pushed the intruding thought away, out of the forefront of his mind, stuffing it in some small closet, all the way in the back of his head, hoping it would stay there. It never did. But what else could he do? The fox's tail swished gently back and forth, eyes drifting past the Vulpix, a small, nervous smile still on his face. Had he said something wrong? Maybe he shouldn't have approached her so suddenly, but it wouldn't do to linger on it! His eyes refocused on the other fox as she spoke again, his smile growing at her words.

She was just nervous, Saido. He spoked to himself, pushing the earlier thoughts deeper and deeper away. That's all it is.

"Yep!" He responded, his enthusiasm palpable in spite of, or perhaps because of, his own internal thoughts. "I wanna help as much as I can, is all! Try and bring 'em home, y'know! I... assume you're here for 'em too?" The Nickit cocked his head, nodding gently to the Vulpix. No hard feelings for her earlier comments. Truthfully, he was sorta nervous too. He... actually hadn't really been in a mystery dungeon before. At least, not one that was this... nerve-wracking.

Not that he'd ever tell her!

The Vulpix's name gave him something less shadowy and mysterious and scary to focus on. Robin. That was a nice name. Pyralis. He mouthed her last name to himself. He had to remember it! She seemed nice enough, and it was... Kind of a cool name, honestly.

Robin Pyralis.

"...M-Mister?" Saido asked, before a snicker escaped him, shaking his head. "Oh, you mean me, don'tcha? You don't need to bother with that, m'name's Saido! Saido..." ...Family names only mattered if one had a family, didn't they? And he didn't. Not anymore, they were gone, and he was...

"Just Saido's fine!" His dismayed expression vanished, and his shrinking smile renewed it's intensity. "I'm a guild-mon, y'see! Oh! Here!" He pushed the thoughts out of his mind once more, choosing instead to focus on his olive bag. His autograph was safe, back at their room. Phosphor was out and about, something about treasure? They'd agreed to split up, but, not before Saido had received his very own guild badge.

Finally, there it was! Shiny and metallic and impressive. Sure, it wasn't a police badge, but it's not like the guild was anything to scoff about in it's own right! He set the badge down reverently between himself and the Vulpix, before beaming back up at Robin.

"See? It sure is something, ain't it? Whaddya think, Robin?"
Back to top Go down
Venusian

Venusian

Search and Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Search and Rescue   Search and Rescue EmptySat Oct 31, 2020 7:12 pm

He was more optimistic than she was, assuming they'd be able to bring them home. Robin only bit her lip and did not respond as he mentioned that. She hoped the children were safe. She really did. She broke eye contact for just a moment, shifting uneasily on her paws. He was so energetic, even in a situation like this. She wasn't sure if he was brave or naive - smart money said the latter - but either way, some part of her envied it. His odd ability to genuinely believe that things would turn out alright. Her smile turned wry, a bit self-deprecating. Robin hoped she was wrong again. She usually was, right?

"Ah, sorry, Saido." She managed apologetically as he corrected her for being overly formal, and damn it, Robin had messed up again. He trailed off when he was about to say his last name, maybe it held bad memories, or-

- Shut up. Focus. This isn't about you today.

- and she took a deep breath, feeling rather small and insignificant beneath the Nickit's bright eyes. At least her slip up hadn't seem to dampen his mood for very long. The knowledge that he was guild 'mon did relax her slightly. It wasn't hard proof that he was good, sure, but it was a good sign. He looked so proud of his badge that her own smile turned just a bit genuine. She couldn't help it. It was infectious.

"Oh, a guild badge? It suits you!" Her smile was sweet, and her words bright. It was an empty compliment, and not an especially convincing one. Not that she thought it didn't fit him, it was just... impossible to know so soon after meeting him. He did seem proud of it, though, so it must be something worth complimenting, right? Well, he'd explained why he was here, so it was her turn, Robin supposed. Hopefully she hadn't been looking too suspicious?

She cleared her throat, willing herself not to stutter. "As for me, I came out here because I think I might know where the culprit's hiding. It's just a hunch, but..." She backpedaled, second guessing herself again, but it was too late to back down entirely now. "... I think they're in Monochrome Ruins. There's nowhere to hide in Pecha. It's too bright and spacious there. And Shadowhue is a good candidate, but it must have been searched up and down by now, but-"

There was a flicker of determination to her as she steadied her back, finally finding her stride. "-this place has a subdungeon. I don't know how well-known it is, I'm not really from around here. It's hidden behind a waterfall, and when I read about it, I had this really strong hunch that... er. I'm rambling." She trailed off, gathering all her courage and nodding to the Nickit.

"... I'm not very strong." She admitted openly, raising a paw. Why should she be ashamed of that? She was already well aware; it would be like being surprised that the water was wet. "I was going to go to the police if I found anything worth reporting, since I don't want to waste their time if I'm wrong. But if you'd like to join me, it would be a weight off my mind."

Did that sound suspicious? She looked down again, furrowing her brow. "... I understand if I sound suspicious. These are dangerous times. I won't begrudge you if you'd rather search on your own." She rolled her shoulders and offered yet another plastic smile, bracing herself for the rejection. She'd said too much too soon. That was another thing she had to work on, huh?
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

Search and Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Search and Rescue   Search and Rescue EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 4:43 am

[Energy: 22 - 10]

Saido continued to beam down at his badge, before turning his gaze up towards the Vulpix. She seemed quite nice, even complimenting his badge! Saido giggled like a small child, before turning his gaze down towards his paws, a clear Aw, shucks expression written all over his face. His ears wriggled slightly, before smiling up at the vulpix, giving her a polite nod. "Y-Ya think? That means a lot to me, y'know," Her smile seemed good natured, and any reservations Saido might have had were starting to melt away. Ironic, given her type, but it was true all the same! It was pleasant to meet someone nice in a dungeon - anywhere, really, - but the fact that she thought the badge suited him had touched him more than even he thought it would!

And to think, he'd been living under a bridge only a couple weeks ago! How fast things could change!

Saido tried to muster a more serious expression as the Vulpix steered the conversation back towards business. He wasn't doing a very good job, his face resembling that of someone who was trying real hard not to laugh at someone's funeral. But what could he do? He was still giddy about the fact that people were already recognizing him as a guild-mon.If he could pass as a guild member, then surely he'd be cut out for police work? In time, of course.

Firstly, to the matter at hand.

"Are you kidding? Ramble all night, if it means you keep coming up with ideas like that one!" The Nickit said breezily, beaming up at the Vulpix. It was impressive. He didn't even know that Shadowhue existed until he'd joined the guild! Not like mystery dungeons were of any importance to either of his parents, after all. Let alone this Monocrome Ruins! Whatever Monochrome meant.

The Nickit tilted his head to the size at the sound of her confession. The police, huh? Saido couldn't quite suppress a large grin and slight bounce as he heard the words. ...Did that mean he was technically doing police work?

No, not now! Focus! A police-mon would be focusing right now?

But he totally was, wasn't he?

"Well, you keep being smart, and I can be strong for the both of us!" Saido pronounced, lifting a paw to his chest as he tilted his head up, feeling quite powerful and impressive in that moment. Was that what police-mons felt like all the time? Arceus, he wanted to feel like that more! "...I didn't even know these Ruins existed, so you've got a leg up on me! ...Besides, two is always better than one, and you seem trustworthy! Not to mention nice! I wouldn't leave ya to search by your lonesome." The Nickit said, humming softly as he picked his badge up from the ground and placing it back inside his bag. "Between the two of us, I'm sure we'll find 'em in no time!"

Mada carried out 1 launched of one Shadowhue Forest :
Search and Rescue MMgUbQF

Search and Rescue VYqciob

Search and Rescue PSNEk7U
Back to top Go down
Venusian

Venusian

Search and Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Search and Rescue   Search and Rescue EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 11:13 pm

Just as soon as she had finished her rambling, preparing herself to be awkwardly turned away, he said it sounded like a good idea. Complimented her, even. "O-oh." She managed awkwardly. High praise like that was... weird. She wasn't entirely sure if she liked it. It didn't feel bad, but he had definitely misjudged her. She wasn't really that smart, and she definitely wasn't trustworthy, and most of all she wasn't nice. How did she even respond to that? She looked away with a faint flush, forcing a small smile when she finally looked back.

"Er, thank you, then. I hope I won't let you down." She dipped her head in a little bow, suddenly feeling a bit more antsy than she had before. She already wasn't the most comfortable - how could she be, investigating a mysterious crime spree? Hopefully the fox pokemon could be confident enough for the two of them, too. But she put on her best brave face, shooting him a determined nod.

Right. Focus. "... before we set out, could you do me a favor, Saido?" She paused before turning to walk, one final bit of hesitation crossing her mind. "Keep an eye out for a shroomish? I met one here, about the same age as the other missing kids." She explained, not making eye contact, instead gazing out at the shadows. They weren't friends, exactly. The kid - who could be objectively described as a bratty edgelord - might have tried to rob her, but Robin still should have looked after her and her little gang, in hindsight, right? They were just kids. Or at least she should have checked in on them sooner once this had started to go down, maybe warned their parents not to let them play here...

... Too late now. She shook her head, bracing for the inevitable questions that would come next. Robin hoped the little shroomish and her friends were fine. They probably were, even. It was just that probably wasn't as certain as she would have liked to be. She forced a smile, even though she really didn't feel like smiling right now. Maybe she shouldn't have done that? Most people probably wouldn't smile after talking about missing children. Great, now she looked like a psychopath.

"Well, if we can find a river, we should follow it. It might lead us to the waterfall." She mused instead, trying to pivot the conversation and her thoughts from... that, turning to walk deeper into the forest with a thoughtful frown on her face.

Venusian carried out 10 launched of one Shadowhue Forest :
Search and Rescue 2rntvDa , Search and Rescue J7Ks1Pi , Search and Rescue OuMqNjP , Search and Rescue W0gqJPZ , Search and Rescue YVyYfVG , Search and Rescue YVyYfVG , Search and Rescue 6Lx2IJT , Search and Rescue M9v1Ped , Search and Rescue J7Ks1Pi , Search and Rescue PSNEk7U
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

Search and Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Search and Rescue   Search and Rescue EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 3:27 am

[12 - 3 = 9 Energy]

Saido smiled at her, waiting patiently for her to turn back towards him. She didn't seem to get complimented very often, judging by her reaction. Part of him wondered why. She was clearly quite intelligent, and she had a good heart. She'd decided to come all the way out here to try and investigate by herself, after all. And the fact that she wasn't strong, or at the very least, didn't perceive herself as strong? That was just a further indicator that she did deserve compliments. Brave, and smart, and kind...

But he had a feeling she'd deny those claims if he stated them. Maybe she didn't see that in herself. Saido hoped she'd realize that soon.   "I'm sure you won't!" The Nickit said breezily, bowing his head back towards the Vulpix. Her gaze steeled itself, eyes narrowing in determination as her mouth tightened. Good. They'd find these kids yet!

But first, they had to find her friend. Or... acquaintance? He wasn't quite sure what the difference was, but she didn't call this shroomish a friend. It could be either one.

That doesn't matter. He scolded himself gently, before nodding at the ice fox. "A shroomish. Got it."  He made a mental note to keep an eye out for the Pokemon. It couldn't be too hard, right? Except for the fact that tons of shroomish probably lived in this forest... But besides that! Child's play!

"A... River?" Saido said, tilting his head before Robin explained her thought process. Oh. Right. The waterfall. He supposed that made sense. Although... How were they supposed to find a river? Saido stopped suddenly, one paw suspended in mid-air as he cocked his head. His ears perked up, and the fox turned to his side. Was he imagining things? He could've sworn he'd heard something...

"Is someone there?" He called out, his voice tense, but not nervous. He had to be ready! What if it was the culprit?

Search and Rescue K2YWnDo
Search and Rescue 7lJaJWp
Search and Rescue Hc4wJXb
Search and Rescue L0JXoho
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Search and Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Search and Rescue   Search and Rescue Empty