Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Paradise of the Paranormal

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Scypho

Scypho

Poké : 3145
Location : Deep Spacial Rift (B24, requires Mystery Part or Secret Slab in bag)

Paradise of the Paranormal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Paradise of the Paranormal   Paradise of the Paranormal - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 3:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

(Energy: 22 - 16 (entry) = 6)

Creeeeaak...

The large outer door of the Ruined Chateau opened a crack, and in peeked the long face of a Girafarig, with eyes narrowed in deep focus. Damien looked about briefly before backing out and pushing the door open some more to allow himself full entry. Behind him, a floating wax candle on a porcelain plate followed, glowing faintly with psychic energy in addition to providing light through the small flame at the tip of its wick. Though Damien mainly looked serious as he entered, the corners of his mouth were starting to tick up into a small smirk of fascination. A house that's also a mystery dungeon! Not a temple, not a shrine, but a mere home. Supposedly terrible things had transpired inside, cursing the mansion and turning it into a dungeon. Imagine what one could uncover inside such an unusual place! Whatever this "curse" was, he could possibly gain an understanding of it, and use that knowledge to understand other dungeons as well. The danger of the dungeon's mysterious and eerie nature was far outweighed by the value of the intelligence he could gain, and he was eager to take the risk.

The first room Damien reached was a walk-in closet, reminiscent of those back in his former house in Aileron. Except with copious amounts of dust and unidentified dark spills on the floor and walls. And the fact that it was right by the house's entrance instead of someplace that would make more sense. It had him furrowing his brow, but he figured it was as natural for constructed dungeons to rearrange themselves as it was for the more natural ones, even if it looked weirder. There was a tall door with an ornate frame visible in the other end of the dim room, but Damien turned to the rows of clothes and pulled his candle close rather than speeding into the next part of the house. It was investigation time!

Code reminder:

Paradise of the Paranormal - Page 2 Spr_5b_273
Records | Art shop
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

Poké : 4620

PostSubject: Re: Paradise of the Paranormal   Paradise of the Paranormal - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2020 9:37 pm

[Energy: 0 + 1 (Page Regen) = 1]

Why was there so much talk about emotions? Yigo was not the kind of Pokémon that knew most species, so he figured that the little one here would have sensed their emotions from, well, listening to them arguing loudly and the less than pleasant threats. Does this Pokémon have the ability to look into the feelings of others? This made Yigo feel as naked as a Pokemon can feel. A facade of strength can get you far but when psychic types start peeking into one's mind, no secret or thought is safe. And, once again, the explorer's talkative nature proved to be useful by explaining the previous events while not trying to dig into them further. Was that because they had figured out that Yigo feels uncomfortable about it too or was it to avoid other Pokémon to drown out the sound of his own voice?

The fact that the explorer had also straightened their lenses without moving their body much indicated that they too were psychic. Just... great. It made Yigo roll his eyes at this unlucky expedition, unlike the small child who seemed to be disappointed at the fact that her first accusation was right. Not like it would have been any good if she had been right. Finding two friendly-ish Pokémon was better than two kidnappers, and Yigo wanted to show her that side of the argument so she could feel a little better.

"Since we all agree she's not here or... around here..." The Sandslash took a hold of the tiny psychic and get her on his back "We should probably stop wasting time and go look for her" There really wasn't any point talking this incident over and over when the group was still getting away with that Monique. Hopefully, the Pokémon dwelling on the dungeon will have slowed them down or, even better, have taken care of the problem by themselves. Additionally, this would mean that the Sandslash can finally get on with his plan of finding himself something to dine. On his back, the Pokémon should be able to hold onto him. The spikes, when folded, act as a comfy bed instead of what one would expect. Moreover, now they won't have to have this small Pokémon needing to catch up with him.

Before the parting, having made the decision by himself and not consulting anyone on the matter, he looked at the conceited explorer. A side of him wondered if he was even going to stick around or get back to his own interest. The only reason he would have to join them would probably be to keep annoying the ground type but, as much as it may upset Yigo, having a well-spoken psychic type on the group is helpful should they ever run into trouble with nasty ghosts or even with the kidnappers "We could use some help and I was counting on you coming with us. If you don't, I'll help her myself"

Last edited by PrimordialPrim on Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scypho

Scypho

PostSubject: Re: Paradise of the Paranormal   Paradise of the Paranormal - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2020 6:00 pm

(Energy: 0 + 1 (new page regen) = 1)

The Hatenna's emptiness was broken through by a pint of nervousness as she was lifted onto the Sandslash's back. She seemed to expect a sharp jab at any time, but when that jab never came, she seemed to settle and calm down. It seemed to be more comfortable than the dungeon's cold floor. After she was done getting comfortable and the Sandslash had proposed they stop wasting time and look for Monique, she was even feeling up to talking again.

"So you're r-really gonna help me? Thank you so much! It didn't really feel like I could get those explorers on my own, b-but I had to try anyway... For Monique's sake. But with some help, there might be actual hope!"

Damien remained quiet for some seconds after the ground-type asked whether he would help or not. The stirring of thoughts was visible in the dark blue of his eyes as he measured the situation up. He had been planning to study this place, and that would certainly be hard if some rascals were going to run around and bother both him and the locals he'd hoped to interview. The fact that they had just gone and kidnapped some random feral also struck him as odd. What were they trying to accomplish? Getting a ransom for that would be difficult. Something had to be up, and part of him wanted to find out what. Both to sate his curiosity and on the off chance there might be something to gain or discover. Only if it would not require him to kidnap someone, of course. He wouldn't stoop that low.

"Hmph. I have business in this dungeon, and I need it to be peaceful for that reason. If helping you lets me silence the troublemakers faster, I will come along."

It was simple, it kept a certain emotional distance and it kept his full plan vague. Just how Damien liked it. That Sandslash likely wasn't fond of him, and he was not going to be the first of the two to get chummy and share everything. Especially when he still had not had his talk with him and set things straight.

Code reminder:

Records | Art shop
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: Paradise of the Paranormal   Paradise of the Paranormal - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2020 8:26 pm

The excuse the larger psychic spewed was not convincing the Sandslash. If they wanted peace, there was no reason to let Yigo and the Hatenna go on their own while he stayed behind, fiddling with whatever item they thought to be worth researching. Clearly, they must have another reason. Perhaps they wanted to help the small Pokémon but wanted to act tough? Or does their sickening interest in the Sandslash have something to do with it? Nevertheless, as said before, staying here and discussing matters further was only going to be wasting their time, and Yigo still appreciated the help for all of what it was worth.

Assuming the way the Hatenna came from was not where the kidnappers had headed into, there was but to choose another path to the depths of the dungeon. Opening the door to the next hallway required a bit of skill without having the Hatenna fall off of him this soon. Finally, the entrance was behind them and they could advance into the dungeon proper. Would ghost try to play tricks on them? Would they find remnants of previous battles between the dwellers and the invaders? One thing was for certain, there weren't any floating candles to appear on their way. A great disappointment.

Scypho

PostSubject: Re: Paradise of the Paranormal   Paradise of the Paranormal - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2020 11:47 am

Damien's answer wasn't exactly friendly, but the Hatenna gave a grateful nod regardless. "T-thank you, misters! I should probably tell you my n-name since you're helping me, so... I'm Lucille. What should I call you two?"

"Damien Neimad,"
was eloquently said as the group advanced through the other door. If he wanted his family name to be known far and wide for his own exploits rather than his father's, introducing himself in full was a must. As it was said, he also pulled his candle up to the back of the group. When cool floating candles don't appear to provide you light, you bring your own. Their next destination seemed brighter than the closet had been, but they could never know what kind of rooms they would encounter after this.

The hallway was long, its floor carpeted and weird smelling. Torches hung on the walls, but not all were lit. Between them were magnificent paintings, some of them recognizable to Damien but slightly... wrong. Details were missing or added, or the shapes in the picture seemed distorted. It made him wonder if they were created to look that way, or if the dungeon had warped the mansion's old paintings as well as the internal structure of the building. With his candle floating closer, he pulled a notebook and a quill pen out of his bag. Just like how the candle flew around on its own, the notebook opened and the pen began scribbling away in it without the Girafarig touching them.

Because of the noise of the quill fervently scraping against paper and his own absorption in his notetaking, a faint noise, somewhat like a small gust or a quick breath, coming from behind one of the doors went by him unnoticed. Lucille, however, did seem to catch it. She glanced toward a half-open door with what looked like crayon scrawls on it. "Did you hear that?" she asked quietly and somewhat fearfully, directed more at the Sandslash than the Girafarig, suspecting he would get unpleasant if she interrupted his little writing session. She seemed to focus on her senses for a moment after that, speaking up louder as she detected something for sure. "I-I can feel someone nearby! Th-they're d-distressed, I think!"

Code reminder:

Records | Art shop
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: Paradise of the Paranormal   Paradise of the Paranormal - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2020 1:21 pm

The small Pokémon gave her name to the two explorers, and the explorer gave his own after Lucille had introduced herself. The Sandslash noted these names and mumbled them, syllable after syllable to remember them better both pronunciation wise and to whom they belong. When it came to Yigo sharing his own name, he thought against it. It's not like it would matter since he wasn't notorious or expected to be known at all in the future. Moreover, denying Damien the chance to know him further was the cherry on top. A pause, a huff, and a sight later, Yigo replied "My name is Yigo. Pleased to meet you."

The Sandslash couldn't help but be nice when Lucille was around. Her presence made him feel less gloomy and more open to contact from other Pokémon, more so now that she was going through the same process.

Walking through the hallway proved to be safer than expected. Even though there were no signs of any past conflicts to indicate that other Pokémon had gone that way, Yigo wasn't going to complain. The odd, dusty scent of the carpet made Yigo's nose slightly itchy while the torches around them robbed him of the cloak of darkness. A penalty for himself, yes, but Damien and Lucille will probably enjoy having some lighting to give them safety. When Yigo turned his head to the sides, not only would he find the torches that brought an end to darkness but some paintings from which he couldn't feel anything uncanny due to a lack of literacy and some other doors that probably lead to single rooms or branches of the manor.

While Damien could find this amusing, Yigo was starting to feel somewhat hopeless. If the kidnappers have decided to set camp into one of the enclosed rooms instead of heading into the dungeon's core, it could be days until they find Monique and, if that theory was correct, they may even still have the entrance close enough for the Mystery Dungeon to prevent it from shifting places. It would all depend if they took any stairs up or down into the dungeon. All the while, the sound of fire crackling fire of the torches, the flickering flame of the floating candle Damien brought along, and the recently added scrapping of a quill against paper broke the monotony of the muffled steps of the party down the halls. If there was any other activity, Yigo could probably hear it.

And that he did, stopping in place and ears raising the instant something off could be heard. That should have been enough to answer the small psychic's question. Yigo had heard something, but was that trickery from the denizens of the dungeon trying to unnerve him? The more refined explorer may notice uncanniness within the paintings while these sound could be personal to Yigo. Lucille's next words made up his mind. If she could notice distress from the source of the disturbance, either the ghosts are very proficient at confusing their uninvited guests or it was no trick.

Yigo took Lucille off of his back and placed her down on the floor, just in case investigating it would lead to a surprise blow that could hurt her "Damien" It was time to tip his other companion off, pointing with his snout in the direction of the half-open door "I'm going to check it. I'll fall back if there's a trap and keep going if it's safe. Watch that no one comes behind us and protect Lucille"

Hopefully, those instructions needn't be seen through but there was no harm in issuing them either. That said, Yigo started walking in, prowling into the room the crayoned marked door had left the way open to.

PostSubject: Re: Paradise of the Paranormal   Paradise of the Paranormal - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Paradise of the Paranormal
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: The Southeast :: The Ruined Chateau-
Jump to: