Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Plains, Plainly

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
vonSteakhand

vonSteakhand

Poké : 1441

Plains, Plainly Empty
PostSubject: Plains, Plainly   Plains, Plainly EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 1:42 am

(Energy: 29-12=17)

Compared to the scorching heat of Fiery Chasm, Discharge Prairie didn't really seem that bad. Whereas the Fiery Chasm was boilingly hot, Discharge Prairie was only sweltering! A clear improvement, although it didn't seem to be any less dry, and the passive static in the atmosphere made Clovis a little uncomfortable. Eugh.

After a fatiguing series of events involving both an old friend and a zealous fire-type guildsmon, the Piplup had made his way to the electrically-charged plains of Discharge Prairie, where he enjoyed a brief stint of rest, sitting alone in the dry, dry grass amid the rolling, open landscape. While solitude was not uncommon to Clovis or indeed many travelers, sitting there, as one tiny bird amidst the endless plains around him, he couldn't help but feel almost isolated, despite, and perhaps because of, how open the area seemed to be. It was a peaceful feeling, one somewhat difficult to find amid the hustle and bustle of towns like Grassveil, and he was thankful for it, no matter how distasteful he found the arid climate to be.

Despite the height of the grass, the Piplup stood out somewhat from the nearly-monochrome environment on account of his blue plumage and the pink joy ribbon around his neck. He remained where he was, in one spot, and dug through his bag for a bit, checking up on his supplies and asking himself, Could it be worthwhile to explore this place? He was already a long ways away from home. His wanderlust had taken him far. Perhaps it could take him even farther?
Back to top Go down
Amaru

Amaru

Poké : 5000

Plains, Plainly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plains, Plainly   Plains, Plainly EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 12:48 pm

(Energy: 15 - 12 + 1 = 4)

"roaring skies, and blazing fires, and clamoring thunders, now this is the land of the gods!" Melvin roared with a triumphant cry. His very voice shaking the lands at their core. This was the lifetime he had hungered for!

This land beckoned his very presence, and he had answered its cry. For if there was ever a place to launch his adventuring career it would be at the heart of the glorious storm that inspired it all. And basked in its presence he would claim his destiny before him and plunder all that glittered in glistening gold ahead of him.

But enough of what awaited him, the present was now and now Melvin clamored as he marched triumphantly through the rustling pasture. Each footstep dancing to its own beat as he reveled in the world around him. The soft grass, the lovely smell, and, "oi! Now who's that fine young handsome devil?" Melvin's worship broke as he caught the glimpse of a rather dapper young presence gazing into the distance. In fact, it was a rather fine looking piplup that stood not to far before him, who was wrapped with the most captivating pink bow around his neck. A force so strong to even tear Melvin's gaze away from the land. He must share his admiration with another.

"Oi, tell me laddie, is this not the finest land you have ever seen?" Melvin's voice clamored with excitement as he approached a clear fellow fanatical reveler. For surely, anyone as a fine as that piplup would also be enamored by the beauty.
Back to top Go down
Blade12

Blade12

Poké : 1360

Plains, Plainly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plains, Plainly   Plains, Plainly EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 8:29 pm

"First Everspring vale, now a region of plains constantly struck with thunder and fires and a desert beyond it. I'm starting to regret not coming out to explore the rest sooner" A certain Absol chuckled, having finally decided to turn some of his attention eastwards after a wonderful little trip with his Boss towards a vale in the far reaches. Having noticed a land struck viciously with thunder during the treck towards the vale, Deimos's attention and curiosity had been piqued.

That curiosity was his reason for investigating the sweltering plains that he now found himself entering. His mind was set ablaze with the possible finds in the region after all, considering his stomping ground in the west was primarily composed of forests and the occasional trip to a foggy hill. The vale and it's peculiar features had only deepened his lust for adventure and discoveries.

Swiftly invoking his Shadow claw ability, Deimos swiftly marked an x into grass and dirt before him as a reference point, before deforming the spectral talons and running on wards. First objective? Find some landmarks!
Back to top Go down
vonSteakhand

vonSteakhand

Plains, Plainly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plains, Plainly   Plains, Plainly EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 11:57 pm

Solitude, for all its melancholy merit, was not a state which could, or should, last forever. It was fragile. For Clovis, his moment of solitude was shattered by the approaching voice of another pokémon. A rather joyful-looking Mareep had appeared, bouncing up and down with its steps as it came closer and closer to the Piplup.

"Oi, tell me laddie, is this not the finest land you have ever seen?" Asked the Mareep, enthusiastic as can be. While Clovis knew not who this pokémon was, and he wouldn't exactly call Discharge Prairie the finest place he had ever seen, he did appreciate the sentiment. Clovis had often taken time in the past to appreciate a good view, and he was glad that there was someone else in the world who could appreciate the aesthetic aspect of dungeons. Truthfully, it was a fine view. Worthy of a painting, even-- though it'd probably look even better come sunset.

"'Tis a very nice view, for certain." Said the Piplup, alternating his gaze between the landscape and the Mareep. "Are you a native?" A Mareep was probably the most typical example of the type of pokémon he would expect to find in electric plains, but he could be wrong. He didn't know this particular pokémon, after all.

With a stretch, Clovis gathered his things and rose to his feet to meet the Mareep in good posture. Nodding his head slightly, he gave an introduction. "My name is Clovis, from Grassveil. It's a pleasure."
Back to top Go down
Amaru

Amaru

Plains, Plainly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plains, Plainly   Plains, Plainly EmptyThu Nov 21, 2019 12:22 pm

"Gods, I wish!" Melvin erupted with envy. "Could you imagine how wonderful it would to live here. Boy Laddie, this is life the I could only dream of." Melvin paused. "No, where I come from Laddie the only thing exciting is just about figuring how ya gonna escape!" He roared in energy before reuniting his gaze that fine bow. Melvin always loved a fine display, but as he peered his eyes began to drift, catching a glimpse of a bag before his eyes launched them self hurling back once the piplup continued.

"Ah," His eyes lit up, "Melvin, kiddo! Etched in glory, bared by greatness!" he hummed without missing a beat in a brutally trained fashion. "I see that's a bag you hold there, yes yes? Tell me laddie, you're an adventure, no? What brings someone like you out here?" Melvin pointed toward Clovis' bag as his eyes continued to gaze elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Blade12

Blade12

Plains, Plainly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plains, Plainly   Plains, Plainly EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 1:35 pm

"Burnt trees of charcoal, occasional craters from what looks to be fighting and lightning strikes. Huh... Maybe landmark hunting won't be useful here" The Absol murmured. Compared to having to always watch his step carefully in forests, hills, mountains and swamps, a swift run through plains was a nice change of pace. Unfortunately though while the view was appetizing, the lack of reliable, immediate landmarks was a bit of a turn off. Pricklemist had the Ghost's house, Fallen the stones and library, vale the geysers, waterfalls and more. Perhaps he'd set his expectations a little too high due to the spectacle of thunder.

Slowing his run to a pause, Deimos let off a quiet, faint sigh before glancing around. Going towards the treeline was a no go, experiencing being set on fire wasn't on his agenda. There had to be something worth investigating! His attention was soon snapped away however from voices in the distance, clearly civilized ones. Without a moments delay, he began to advance towards the noise. Perhaps he could gather some information from natives.
Back to top Go down
vonSteakhand

vonSteakhand

Plains, Plainly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plains, Plainly   Plains, Plainly EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 5:29 pm

Aha, the Mareep sounded like he had come from somewhere really boring, he did. Must've been from some village. Clovis quite liked his own hometown, mostly on account of it containing numerous shops and other attractions, but he liked to get out from time to time, dedicating weeks and more to travel throughout the continent. When the Mareep introduced himself as Melvin, Clovis winced a bit at being called "kiddo"-- he was definitely younger than Melvin, but neither of them had evolved, so the gap couldn't be that big, right? Melvin's introductory claims of glory and greatness were met by a slight upwards head tilt by the Piplup, as he carried his head higher to contend with, but not necessarily challenge the Mareep.

Melvin observed Clovis's bag and offered him a few good questions, to which he would respond as an answer came to him. "Ahhhh, well. Adventurer as a hobby, not so much a profession." Remembering Melvin's lofty description of himself, Clovis decided to stir up something exciting to say about himself in turn. "An adventurer among other things. A gentlemon, a philosopher." Vague enough but hopefully still impressive. "No association with the Guild of Explorers, of course. Seems like that's where everyone goes, nowadays."

Looking at and occasionally beyond the Mareep, Clovis spotted the approach of some big and mostly-white pokémon, doubtlessly an Absol. He leaned forwards and put a flipper to his chin in a posh sort of pose as the so-called portent of doom approached, but neglected to move from his spot, allowing the disaster pokémon to approach him and Melvin where they stood.
Back to top Go down
Amaru

Amaru

Plains, Plainly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plains, Plainly   Plains, Plainly EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 5:50 am

"Ah, a gentlemon! Now that's spirit laddie!" Melvin perked ecstatically in joy. "Good, carry that chin high now lad. I love you already!" Melving thrusted his hand towards the heavens. His heart yearning for the presence of fellow craver of the finer.

"But what's this now about a guild of explo-" Melvin suddenly cut himself off, before curiously turning his head. "Something the matter laddie?" He lips moved but his burning question remained. "Guild? this isn't important now is it?" Melvin's thoughts continued.
Back to top Go down
Blade12

Blade12

Plains, Plainly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plains, Plainly   Plains, Plainly EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 12:45 pm

Having quietly advanced closer to the duo, Deimos came to a complete halt just behind the Mareep, calmly looking the duo over. "Was sure i heard some talking. My apologies for the intrusion" He spoke with a quaint nod. The Mareep he understood could be a native, an aquatic Pokemon however he doubted.

One thing of note did indeed stand out to the Absol however, which in his mind only reinforced his assumption. "Another joy ribbon carrier... nice to meet you" Deimos spoke with a soft chuckle, possessing the very same article wrapped around the base of his horn. Considering how he was forced to purchase his own from an explorer, it felt natural to assume that such articles were items hidden away in some dungeon somewhere.
Back to top Go down
vonSteakhand

vonSteakhand

Plains, Plainly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plains, Plainly   Plains, Plainly EmptySun Dec 15, 2019 2:17 am

Hearing praise from Melvin, Clovis's beak began to twist into a smile. He shut his eyes and raised his chin as instructed, happy to have impressed. That Melvin sure seemed an agreeable sort. He could have stayed there and chat with him all day, 'till he remembered the approaching Absol. Ignoring the Mareep's quick few guild questions, Clovis opened his eyes to take in their approach, with the Absol finally halting behind the Mareep before they would begin to speak, acknowledging their interruption before pointing out and identifying Clovis's joy ribbon. Examining the Absol, Clovis saw that he had a joy ribbon of his own, worn on his horn. This elicited a nod from the Piplup, after the Absol had himself nodded.

"Greetings, traveler." Began Clovis, "Can we, ahem," He looked to Melvin, briefly, before returning his attention to the Absol. "...help you with anything?" He didn't know this Absol or what they were doing in the Prairie, although he supposed that the similarities in their fashion concepts were satisfactory enough for Clovis to accept his presence.
Back to top Go down
Amaru

Amaru

Plains, Plainly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plains, Plainly   Plains, Plainly EmptyMon Dec 16, 2019 6:12 am

"oh-er, huh?" Melvin stood puzzled, twisting his head curiously until clovis called his attention. confused, Melvin slowly cranked his head back, only to lock eyes with a towering monster breathing down his neck! It was unlike anything he had seen. sharp claws a ridged face, and a severing blade all only meters away from Melvin's exposed back, his spine bolted to the sky before violently snapping his body around to face him.

"Blood heavens! What the hell are you doing sneakin' up on people like that ya savant mutt?!" Melvin violently hurled his feet into the ground, stomping a few times before calming himself down. "you're gonna give a poor sap a heart attack if ya keep that up..." He uttered angerly under his breath. "well look laddie, is there somethin' we can do for ya?"
Back to top Go down
Blade12

Blade12

Plains, Plainly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plains, Plainly   Plains, Plainly EmptySat Dec 21, 2019 1:05 am

A soft chuckle was elicited from the Absol at the Mareep's sudden reaction to his presence. It'd been a while since his very presence and figure caused panic. It felt good to know he could still display that kind of image, even if not on purpose.

"My apologies for startling you, that wasn't my intention, nor was i trying to be particularly sneaky." Deimos replied with a curt nod, wanting to avoid burning a bridge before it could even be built. There's enough wood on fire here already!

"I'm fairly new to the eastern regions of the world and felt like doing some exploring. I overheard some voices. Low and behold it just so happened to involve an electric type speaking, so i figured you might be a native and could have some good recommendations for a landmark to start investigating from. The world won't map itself" Deimos replied swiftly and concisely. He was an intruder on their conversation after all. He didn't want to delay them too long.
Back to top Go down
vonSteakhand

vonSteakhand

Plains, Plainly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plains, Plainly   Plains, Plainly EmptyWed Jan 15, 2020 7:46 pm

Almost concurrent to the Absol's chuckle, Clovis let out a short laugh of his own at Melvin's surprise. He smirked as the Mareep turned around to give a verbal thrashing, altogether amused by the sudden change of attitude. Looking smug, he raised his head and took in the sight of both of them, listening as the Absol gave another apology and detailed his exploration. From Melvin's typing, the Absol assumed him to be a native, as Clovis had earlier, though he was bound to be disappointed in that case.

"Mapping the world, well. I suppose that's the ambition of all cartographers." Picking up on Melvin's theatrics, Clovis put his flipper to his chest in a showy manner, and continued to address the Absol, this time through flowery metaphor. "I suppose you haven't come to warn us of some disaster then, o Absol? Aha." Hopefully his little reference at the end would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Amaru

Amaru

Plains, Plainly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plains, Plainly   Plains, Plainly EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 6:20 am

"t'ss a cruel fate... to know there so many other's blessed to walk these lands," Melvin began to look down, melancholicly daydreaming. "Our god is a cruel god, for I am no native." he muttered bitterly, zoning out from the conversation.

His mind filled with the wonders of endless pleasures he could have experienced again and again in his life time, how close he would have been to the heart of the storm. The beautiful, beautiful, storm! YES! it would be here he would harness his great love, learn to master the flames, test his new power, and smite that harlot Karen once and for all! Taking back what was his, He would set her ablaze in the ashes of his old, tainted shop and build his new, glorious enterprise atop its smoldered ruins and it would be disastrous "glorious!" Melvin chimed under his breath, boldly smiling from cheek to cheek.
Back to top Go down
Blade12

Blade12

Plains, Plainly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plains, Plainly   Plains, Plainly EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 11:13 am

"No need to worry, i haven't come to alert people to some sudden disaster coming from the ground. Nor do i sense any such activity at the moment. I'm just here to explore and help the boss by gathering more information for his world map." Deimos replied to the Piplup's question with a curt nod, figuring that it was a rather reasonable question. His species did have a bit of a reputation for their disaster sensing abilities so it was only fair that someone could think of that immediately upon encountering one and flee, though it seemed the duo before him weren't so easily banished. That much he appreciated, figuring that it meant he was making progress on growing out of his old, intimidating habits.

His attention was swiftly snatched away however by the Mareep's theatrical response. "If you love this place so much, why not make the decision to live here? Living in a dungeon isn't the strangest of things after, then again i can't comment, i live in a giant tree library. Anyway, my apologies for interrupting the two of you then."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Plains, Plainly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plains, Plainly   Plains, Plainly Empty

Back to top Go down

Plains, Plainly
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: The Eastern Desert :: Discharge Prairie-
Jump to: