Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Pokedex Entries?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Muguet

Poké : 0

Pokedex Entries? Empty
PostSubject: Pokedex Entries?   Pokedex Entries? EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 5:32 am

Hello! I have some questions about what Pokedex entries are accurate and which ones aren't here.

1. Future sight for Gothitelle and Xatu- it's kind of hard to RP and a pretty powerful ability. How would Gothitelle being able to see lifespans through stargazing and Xatu seeing the future and the past work here? Do we just ignore those abilities?

2. Explode the move, especially Electrode since it apparently explodes for fun. How does it work here? Does the Pokemon faint if it's used, and how would they heal themselves if that's the case?

3. Slowbro and Slowking, do they need to have a shellder around to evolve, accurate to the dex? (and could they de-evolve by removing their shell?) Does Larvitar need to eat a mountain? I'm guessing no for the latter but I'm curious for the Slowpoke line.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

Pokedex Entries? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokedex Entries?   Pokedex Entries? EmptySun Aug 04, 2019 3:13 pm

Hi Muguet! Welcome to the site and I hope I can at least answer some of these ^^

1) This sort of thing is something we usually tackle when we get to it, since it's mostly relevant only when a user gets a character that can evolve into those forms. For a more concrete answer though, it depends a lot on who you're RPing with and what you want the Gothitelle or Xatu to see. In general though, we would encourage you to check with a mod or admin on a case by case basis if you aren't sure, but in general I could probably see something like the following working for each;

For Gothitelle, you would not be permitted to predict the lifespan of another user's character without their permission, since that could be considered a form of power playing, but if you wanted to predict the lifespan of your own character or an NPC that has no bearing on other RPers, then you would be able to freely. For example, you wouldn't be able to predict the lifespans of the Guildmaster NPCs, but you would be able to for a wild encounter within a thread of yours, or for an NPC directly related to your character, such as a parent figure etc.

For Xatu, it would be very similar to Gothitelle in that you would not be able to make blanket future predicitons about the site's world without running it by a mod or administrator first, but could see smaller parts of personal futures without much guidance, with the scale of NPCs you can freely predict being the same as for Gothitelle. Predicting your own character's future would also be perfectly fine as long as you consult with other RPers first if it also concerns their characters.

TL;DR, you wouldn't have to ignore those abilities entirely, but we would put restrictions on how they could be used.

2) I personally would leave a lot of freedom for how to handle this up to the RPer with an Electrode character. However, a potential interpretation could be that Electrode's 'fun' explosions aren't as powerful as actually using the move Explosion, thus it doesn't faint when exploding for fun but does when using the move and trying to do actual damage to an opponent. Concerning fainting, you would be in a thread with another character so theoretically they could heal you. But otherwise, your character would just be knocked out until they woke up again. How long that takes would be up to you and the others in your thread.

3) I would say no for all of these. Of course, if you do want to RP needing a shellder around to evolve a Slowpoke character then that's perfectly fine and up to you. We just wouldn't make it a concrete factor needed since it's a bit of an unnecessary hindrance for the people who don't want to do that. Definitely a hard no for de-evolving though. Evolution in the pokemon world is permanent.

I hope that answers everything, but let me know if you have any more questions!
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org

Pokedex Entries?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: Getting Started :: Help and Feedback :: Questions and Help-
Jump to: